• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

For sure. As much as I like to have a WW2 Frostbite, it most likely will not happen. Way to similar to BF1. Vietnam or Korean War would also be a great setting as well. Besides mods, I don't think I know of a Korean War game.

Korea would be awesome.
I mean they could put Korea, the US, Chinese, Russians, Turkey and some European states in the game.
Yet I doubt that it's that "attractive" to players.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Love how games are just filled with snipers, constantly getting sniped and the other team can never win because they don't push.

Surfinn

I dunno how someone can say the train is ineffective, lol......

You must be in a game full of complete morons. In 90% of the games I've played the train does huge damage, changes the course of the game (usually for a win) and lasts quite a long time. Wayyyy too OP.

Coffinhal

Korea would be awesome.
I mean they could put Korea, the US, Chinese, Russians, Turkey and some European states in the game.
Yet I doubt that it's that "attractive" to players.

People doubted that World War 1 was "attractive" enough. Yet the numbers about BF1 talk for themselves.

Just package something around the Cold War, like Black Ops first of his name tried to do.

WW2 can happen. It's a way of reusing assets (because that must have cost them a lot of money) just like BF3->BF4, while bringing new things everywhere. Wasn't BF4 too similar to BF3's ?

Futuristic won't happen for now because COD and two other EA games are futuristic MP (Battlefront and Titanfall).

Going back to modern era is unlikely too.

I dunno how someone can say the train is ineffective, lol......

You must be in a game full of complete morons. In 90% of the games I've played the train does huge damage, changes the course of the game (usually for a win) and lasts quite a long time. Wayyyy too OP.

I don't understand why some Assault weapons can't hit him even a little bit (rocket gun)

Chumley

Banned
So do you guys think the next battlefield will be historic, modern or futuristic? What do you guys want?

Historic all the way for me.

Battlefield 1944. It has to be the next one, everyone loves BF1 and the things they did to the gameplay show it can be even more exciting and chaotic than modern war ever was. There was a time when I wanted 2143 but I think that ship has sailed with Titanfall and Call of Duty, going back to the origins of BF now seems more original.

WW2 also just has such a huge and great variety of possible maps. They don't have to include the boring as fuck ottoman desert maps (my opinion, I'm sure some people love them). Give me Omaha Beach, Battle of the Bulge, Carentan, etc.

WW2 is my favourite setting but my reasoning would be that it would be too similar to BF1 to be a direct sequel.

As long as it's not future/science fiction/fantasy I don't really mind.

That's a good point really.

Shame, it would be awesome but I cannot disagree with it being to similar.

Coffinhal

That's a good point really.

Shame, it would be awesome but I cannot disagree with it being to similar.

BF4 couldn't be more similar to BF3 in terms of historical setting... and BF3 was similar to Bad Company 2 which was similar to Bad Company 1 (even if they are spin off).

Benfort

Neo Member
So do you guys think the next battlefield will be historic, modern or futuristic? What do you guys want?

Historic all the way for me.

My dream would be a 70s/80s NATO vs. CCCP World War III scenario. Basically the same like Operation Flashpoint 1 back in the days.

Probably never going to happen, though..

All this talk about a sequel, haha. I wish they would just keep iterating BF1 for years to come. I mean, the WWI in this game is so close to being WWII anyway. Just change a few weapon and vehicle models and it's a WWII game.

Coffinhal

There is a map coming in December right ?

First DLC should be January or February though

Battlefront is not futuristic. It happened a long time ago, in a galaxy far far away...

Fair enough haha, let's say retro-futuristic then (Is Star Wars steam punk?)

Coffinhal

"a map" =/= "an expansion pack"

FREE IN DECEMBER: GIANT’S SHADOW

Prepare to take part in the Battle of the Selle in the cold autumn of 1918. Here, the fighting moves out of the trenches and into open country where a massive crashed airship casts its shadow onto the battlefield. The British forces have broken through the Hindenburg line and are now in pursuit towards an important railway center. Fierce infantry and tank engagements ensue on the open ground and river banks alongside the Cateu-Wassigny railway where an armored train can still turn the tide. Giant’s Shadow will be coming to Battlefield 1 as part of a free update in December.

For sure. As much as I like to have a WW2 Frostbite, it most likely will not happen. Way to similar to BF1. Vietnam or Korean War would also be a great setting as well. Besides mods, I don't think I know of a Korean War game.
If they want a second chance at a brutal, grueling war that ended with no progress, that's a golden opportunity. I'd love for a Korean War game.

Coffinhal

I was referencing you talking about DLC for January - February, I thought it was obvious.

Then by "should" I meant what would be in my opinion the optimal window for the DLC's release, not what will happen (yep I happen to read the comments I answer to (even if there wasn't the quote))

Symphonic

Anyone know of any contests running for a copy of this game? Sprung for either this or Civ 6 because money and went for Civ 6 but seeing all you peeps excited about it makes me really want it.

Haven't won a contest for years so my chances are high, right? That's how that works?

Tecnniqe

Banned
Anyone know of any contests running for a copy of this game? Sprung for either this or Civ 6 because money and went for Civ 6 but seeing all you peeps excited about it makes me really want it.

Haven't won a contest for years so my chances are high, right? That's how that works?

Yeah its 50/50 really, either you win or you don't :)

I can only dream... BFV was my favorite, my worry is that since they released the Bad Company 2: Vietnam expansion, they won't make another Vietnam for a while.

Check out Rising Storm :Vietnam, may scratch that itch.

Still dreaming of a Korean War game, a lot of potential there.

black070

Is there a way to check the previous match scoreboard and progress after quitting out of a play list ? It really bothers me how quickly the option to quit disappears, I can't take my time looking over how I've done.

Top Bottom