• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Maximus P

So my game always hangs after quitting a match with the Quit option in the result screens. (PS4)
Dicey pls

The performance of the game outside game play is terrible on every platform. On xbox one it takes about 10 seconds to do something that should be instant like taking a look at the scoreboard, it takes an age to get an after match report, and the menus themselves are slow and clunky.

I really hope performance outside game play is sorted in a future patch.

The performance of the game outside game play is terrible on every platform. On xbox one it takes about 10 seconds to do something that should be instant like taking a look at the scoreboard, it takes an age to get an after match report, and the menus themselves are slow and clunky.

Or theyre building the game with pro and scorpio in mind and this is what were going to see from now on? its possible.

Coffinhal

And now my Xbox One controller (wireless with adapter) doesn't work anymore in game, no matter what I try.

Works flawlessly in FIFA 17 and probably all my other games.

Anyone had the same issue ?

Poison gas is the fucking worst. That area denial is beyond insane not to mention how crippled you become when you put on your mask and have to hip fire at the 5 dudes rushing your position.

And no I won't use it because I want to bitch about it and I like seeing people get wrecked by my anti-tank grenades.

Xater

Poison gas is the fucking worst. That area denial is beyond insane not to mention how crippled you become when you put on your mask and have to hip fire at the 5 dudes rushing your position.

And no I won't use it because I want to bitch about it and I like seeing people get wrecked by my anti-tank grenades.

Which is exactly why I use it as Assault. Hip fire kills all day baby!

CHC

YAWN

It takes way too long to rank up classes. Even getting to level 3 is a hassle, let alone 10.

Wish everything was just purchasable from the get go, it's kind of annoying.

Jake2by4

I propose a nerf of this the gas. The last couple of games i've played was nothing but gas warfare.

Jake2by4

I am pretty sure a couple of the grenades will need some retooling. Gas needs a nerf and a couple of the other probably need a boost.

The first week of play, the gas was no problem but now since I guess people caught on to how powerful it is they mostly stick to it..

I am pretty sure a couple of the grenades will need some retooling. Gas needs a nerf and a couple of the other probably need a boost.
Gas might need a nerf. What that nerf should be, if they do nerf it, I'm not sure. Nerfing it improperly could very easily make it next to useless in my opinion.

Xater

Wasn't there people yesterday saying how the gas was too weak and pointless?

I'd hate to be a developer.

It really isn't ever since I used them I never used anything else. I have two of them and even if I don't kill someone with it they are negatively affected by it. It's great. If they don't want to change how they work cutting them down to just one grenade might help a lot.

I think the light AT grenades might be a bit too weak and maybe something about the radius of normal grenades needs to be done. Right now it feel like you need to be right on the grenade to die from it. Considering you only get one that's bad. A gas grenade is a better alternative right now.

It really isn't ever since I used them I never used anything else. I have two of them and even if I don't kill someone with it they are negatively affected by it. It's great. If they don't want to change how they work cutting them down to just one grenade might help a lot.

I think the light AT grenades might be a bit too weak and maybe something about the radius of normal grenades needs to be done. Right now it feel like you need to be right on the grenade to die from it. Considering you only get one that's bad. A gas grenade is a better alternative right now.

I don't have a problem with them myself, and I only use incendiary grenades because I like to burn fuckers. It's their screams, I live for their screams.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Gas has already been nerfed by giving everybody a gas mask. If your primary is horrible in terms of hip-fire then switch to your alternate---some of which are just fine with hipfire---when you have to wear a mask.

Woo-Fu

Banned
I find the K/D thing a bit misleading.

A sniper on my team gets 41-4 and does nothing to contribute apart from killing (yes as a defender on operations that helps massively as that's tickets down)

An assault guy on my team runs 32-30 and plays the objectives.

I'm the objectives guy haha

And the assault will have a lot more points at the end of the round. Not sure how there can be anything misleading about k/d when all it is is k/d. It isn't k/d* or k/d! or k/d?.

Exactly my feelings. The gas grenades are fantastic for dealing with hunkered down infantry, stopping advances and funneling attackers (especially from having two).

I've set up all my classes to have them, as AT grenades are better dealt with using other kit items. The low damage they do is just not worth giving up the gas grenades.

And the assault will have a lot more points at the end of the round. Not sure how there can be anything misleading about k/d when all it is is k/d. It isn't k/d* or k/d! or k/d?.

The point I'm making is good K/D doesnt necessarily indicate a good player in BF1

It's all about objective score in operations

LightInfa

Even if I get the last shot on someone else's 95% damaged tank it's still bullshit because I did 5% and got everything and the one who did 95% got absolutely nothing.

Up to 99% all you get is points for damage+disable and at the last 1% you get vehicle kill (which in itself is probably more than the previous combined), kill, multikill and streak bonuses which are massive additions.

Of course the better you play the more points you get but dismissing this issue as entitlement is silly.

You might be right about the % assist kills start at but none the less it should apply to everything.

The silliness of this is compounded by the fact that they fixed this very problem with infantry kills. If they only give you points for percent of damage and award assists counting as kills on infantry why can't they do that on vehicles?

I eagerly await Amiens/Argonne Forest 24/7 servers.

I was just about to post how those two are easily my favourite maps, which is weird when it comes to the latter because I usually hate infantry-only, narrow cluster-fuck maps like those.

My routine every time I put the game on: Multiplayer > Operations > Conquer Hell

XD

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act

Yup, the UI is super laggy.

Also it would be nice if the matchmaker would stop puttin' me on empty servers. >__<
Im sure im not the only one tryin' to play Operations.

I was just about to post how those two are easily my favourite maps, which is weird when it comes to the latter because I usually hate infantry-only, narrow cluster-fuck maps like those.

My routine every time I put the game on: Multiplayer > Operations > Conquer Hell

XD
Yup! I feel like Argonne Forest is a meat grinder map done right. Much easier to flank and get objectives than Operation Locker, and Operation Metro. I wouldn't consider Amiens a meat grinder map...just an amazing one.

web01

Gas doesn't need a nerf, put your damn mask on.
And airship certainly doesn't need a nerf either, ridiculously easy to take down.

I think many people complaining about OP problems are just experiencing unbalanced matches which blow things out of proportion. In a match with balanced teams I find things are very balanced.

The one change I would make right now is give bombers a health buff, which would make fighting them as a fighter more interesting, because right now you blow them out of the sky so quick. Usually they are empty except pilot which doesn't help.

Gas doesn't need a nerf, put your damn mask on.
And airship certainly doesn't need a nerf either, ridiculously easy to take down.

I think many people complaining about OP problems are just experiencing unbalanced matches which blow things out of proportion. In a match with balanced teams I find things are very balanced.

The one change I would make right now is give bombers a health buff, which would make fighting them as a fighter more interesting, because right now you blow them out of the sky so quick. Usually they are empty except pilot which doesn't help.

Bombers are the last things that need a buff. The rear turret is insanely powerful. If the gunner is even somewhat competent they’ll chew through a fighter/attack plane before they even know what hit them.

Is it me or is there some sort of aim acceleration for the tank cannons? Whenever I try and make fine adjustments to my aim it always messes me up. It's like slow slow slow FAST *MISSES*

chiliboy

Bombers are the last things that need a buff. The rear turret is insanely powerful. If the gunner is even somewhat competent they’ll chew through a fighter/attack plane before they even know what hit them.

I would like a nerf of the gunner turrets dmg against other planes. perhaps a buff to bomber hp .
A nerf of AA turret dmg to planes would also help..

moai

gas grenades dont need a nerf and two are fine. you just have to equip the mask and change to a better hipfire weapon (pistol). i hope they dont start nerfing everything. playing with a smg or shotgun is great when using gas or when they throw gas at you, they dont expect that you are gonna be there waiting.

Top Bottom