• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

gas granades dont need a nerf and two are fine. you just have to equip the mask and change to a better hipfire weapon (pistol). i hope they dont start nerfing everything. playing with a smg or shotgun is great when using gas or when they throw gas at you, they dont expect that you are gonna be there waiting.

I find the side-arms to be dog shit. As soon as I see gas I mask up and get the fucking knife out. I've managed to turn full Rambo with the knife on alot of occasions.

putting your mask on and bayonet charging through the gas and skewering someone also feels good

Posted literally right before me. Weird.

Lyonaz

I find the side-arms to be dog shit. As soon as I see gas I mask up and get the fucking knife out. I've managed to turn full Rambo with the nice on alot of occasions.

Posted literally right before me. Weird.

Side arms suck when you ADS with it, hipfire however makes them quite good.

Lyonaz

Destroy 3 vehicles with K bullets for that Falcon medal is some masochistic bullshit.

Like I'm gonna wait for that last 5% to get the destroy count.

Funny thing is when I started playing I did destroy 3 vehicles with the K bullet, but that medal wasnt in my weekly medals.

nOoblet16

Yea Gas grenades are fine. They only kill unaware players and work great as an area denial ability, in order for someone to enter that area they have to be ready to hip fire.

Tovarisc

I'll try that out.Yesterday I used a fill clip of my pistol and didn't hit shit even though the enemy was 2 meters away from me.

Start using 1911 and pace your shots. If you spam wildly you won't hit wide side of an barn when standing inside of said barn.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Gas needs nerfed for sure, shit is everywhere,give people one or increase the time they take to resupply.

chiliboy

How are incendiary grenades when compared to gas grenades? anyone tried em out? results?

I always use smoke grenades when Im playing as attacker in OP or Rush - but unsure what to use when playing other modes

Izayoi

Banned
Complaining about gas grenades... :lol

The Rank 10 SMG on Assault is a little too good, I think. Massive magazine size, great range, and solid damage. I'm on top of the scoreboard every single game now.

I mean, I'm not complaining, but sometimes it makes me feel a little dirty.

How are incendiary grenades when compared to gas grenades? anyone tried em out? results?

I always use smoke grenades when Im playing as attacker in OP or Rush - but unsure what to use when playing other modes

I've only been using incendiary nades lately. They are pretty much like gas, but they don't have a counter.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Complaining about gas grenades... :lol

The Rank 10 SMG on Assault is a little too good, I think. Massive magazine size, great range, and solid damage. I'm on top of the scoreboard every single game now.

I mean, I'm not complaining, but sometimes it makes me feel a little dirty.

Do want to feel utter annihilation in your hands as you get super dirty each and every minute but can't stop laughing like a madman?
latest

xviper

are all the service stars awards 1000xp ?

i have a weapon with 3 service stars and they all gave me 1000xp

i remember in the previous BF games the service stars were bronze,silver,gold and platinum

Gas is extremely easy to counter. Like mentioned above, don't nerf them. People will wisen up and switch to incendiary. No counters and so satisfying. Great for breaking up choke points/bunkers.

Surfinn

Not getting the gas nerf nonsense. That's what the mask is for. Haven't died to it in probably a week. Aside from a few deaths because of horrible hip fire but that's the point.

moai

Gas is extremely easy to counter. Like mentioned above, don't nerf them. People will wisen up and switch to incendiary. No counters and so satisfying. Great for breaking up choke points/bunkers.

also incendiary damages vehicles. i manage to destroy some with it. its may main grenade and with support you can reak havok on small hallways and choke points.

Theorry

Gas is annoying. And then the give two of them and almost instant restock when you stand on a crate. Its like DICE have forgotten about the mini grenade mess at BF4 launch. But he thats what they do. They dont learn from earlier mistakes. First step. Give people only one and make the restock slower.

jaaz

After putting in 100 hours into this game, I believe there may be too many one-shot kill mechanics in BF1. I put together a quick list, but I'm sure I missed something:

1) Sniper-shot to head
2) Shotgun blast-various ranges
3) Frag/Stick/AT/Tripwire/Rifle Grenade
4) Dynamite/Limpet
5) AT Rocket
6) Mortar fire (if it lands directly on top of you)
7) Tank cannon fire
8) Artillery truck fire
9) Fortress gun
10) Field gun fire
11) Plane bombs
12) Behemoth fire
13) Dreadnought fire
14) Train fire
15) Horse sword hit
16) Bayonet charge
17) Melee hit
18) Road kills

In addition, in a game mode like Operations, one can encounter most of these in a single match, sometimes simultaneously. Example: I've been defending a flag in an operations match with a behemoth overhead, dodging snipers, mortar fire, tanks, grenades, etc.

It's becoming a bit frustrating as more players discover these weapons and their use rises. No one likes to spawn, walk a few meters, and get killed instantly. I think the damage on some of these can be reduced to give the player attacked a chance to fight back instead of just being insta-killed.

Fury451

Banned
So people crying "nerf" at gas grenades realize that actual battlefields would've been permeated with the stuff from constant shelling? Meaning you couldn't walk two steps without a gas mask?

At least the game balances it by making it a short-term area of effect weapon. It's the perfect offense/defense point control weapon; I love them, no nerf needed.

Know your audience. Average whiner is pissed at anything that demands more than...

1. Point gun
2. Shoot

Hence we get shit like Battlefront.

Yep

Gas is annoying. And then the give two of them and almost instant restock when you stand on a crate. Its like DICE have forgotten about the mini grenade mess at BF4 launch. But he thats what they do. They dont learn from earlier mistakes. First step. Give people only one and make the restock slower.

Or just press T?

Theorry

So people crying "nerf" at gas grenades realize that actual battlefields would've been permeated with the stuff from constant shelling? Meaning you couldn't walk two steps without a gas mask?

At least the game balances it by making it a short-term area of effect weapon. It's the perfect offense/defense point control weapon; I love them, no nerf needed.

Wich is fine. But there is no need for two of them and instant restock.
The idea of the nade is fine. But atm is more annoying and constant spam. Like the mini nade at BF4 launch. They need some work because its not really helping gameplay now.

Yep

Or just press T?

Dont know what T is.

blahness

After putting in 100 hours into this game, I believe there may be too many one-shot kill mechanics in BF1. I put together a quick list, but I'm sure I missed something:

1) Sniper-shot to head
4) Dynamite/Limpet
5) AT Rocket
7) Tank cannon fire
8) Artillery truck fire
9) Fortress gun
10) Field gun fire
11) Plane bombs
12) Behemoth fire
13) Dreadnought fire
14) Train fire
15) Horse sword hit
16) Bayonet charge
17) Melee hit
18) Road kills

In addition, in a game mode like Operations, one can encounter most of these in a single match, sometimes simultaneously. Example: I've been defending a flag in an operations match with a behemoth overhead, dodging snipers, mortar fire, tanks, grenades, etc.

It's becoming a bit frustrating as more players discover these weapons and their use rises. No one likes to spawn, walk a few meters, and get killed instantly. I think the damage on some of these can be reduced to give the player attacked a chance to fight back instead of just being insta-killed.

These are not different from any recent battlefield games. All of those I would expect to be killed instantly from.

1) Sniper-shot to head
4) Dynamite/Limpet
5) AT Rocket
7) Tank cannon fire
8) Artillery truck fire
9) Fortress gun
10) Field gun fire
11) Plane bombs
12) Behemoth fire
13) Dreadnought fire
14) Train fire
15) Horse sword hit
16) Bayonet charge
17) Melee hit
18) Road kills

Medic Syringe

Heroman

Banned

Well in actual ww1 battle field, There would constant shelling, Lmg wouldn't be shit, no one would have SMG OR DMRS, there would be no calvrey ,no dude with amour carrying lmg, tank wouldn't be on most of the maps, etc. Using the" it happen in ww1 I"s a flawed argument cause bf1 is a poor at depicting ww1

1) Sniper-shot to head
4) Dynamite/Limpet
5) AT Rocket
7) Tank cannon fire
8) Artillery truck fire
9) Fortress gun
10) Field gun fire
11) Plane bombs
12) Behemoth fire
13) Dreadnought fire
14) Train fire
15) Horse sword hit
16) Bayonet charge
17) Melee hit
18) Road kills

All of these should be one hit kills.

Mounted machine guns should also have the damage increased as they are weak as hell for a massive mounted machine gun.

Edit: Or nerf all of these to hell so it feels like playing Halo and give us hardcore mode with much more realistic damage please. Best of both worlds.

Top Bottom