• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Pheace

Even if I get the last shot on someone else's 95% damaged tank it's still bullshit because I did 5% and got everything and the one who did 95% got absolutely nothing.

Up to 99% all you get is points for damage+disable and at the last 1% you get vehicle kill (which in itself is probably more than the previous combined), kill, multikill and streak bonuses which are massive additions.

Of course the better you play the more points you get but dismissing this issue as entitlement is silly.

You might be right about the % assist kills start at but none the less it should apply to everything.

You didn't get the points for the disable and as a fellow assault I'm personally happy to see anyone finish off a tank I damaged

thenexus6

Something nobody will play, but people complain about getting/wanting.
Seriously.

No minimap spotting, Friendly Fire on IIRC, "trying to be like BF2!" But nobody played it in BF4 outside of like 10 people. So... they should be dedicating that time to putting Sabotage into the game.

"War pigeons is that mode jus--"

No. It isn't, at all.

He's talking consoles. And going from that to PC where you can insta-jump between seats with F1-6: He's completely right that there has to be a better quick switch option in the console versions beyond X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X...

Yeah consoles, its very silly.

Oh no enemy back left of the tank let me just cycle through 4 seats to get there and the enemy is gone.

Some of the settings in options seem to be broken on PS4. I have motion blur set to 10, yet there's no difference between 10, 0, or 100 based on the screenshots I took. And I have HUD opacity set to 15 but it's the same as default.

*Splinter

Even if I get the last shot on someone else's 95% damaged tank it's still bullshit because I did 5% and got everything and the one who did 95% got absolutely nothing.

Up to 99% all you get is points for damage+disable and at the last 1% you get vehicle kill (which in itself is probably more than the previous combined), kill, multikill and streak bonuses which are massive additions.

Of course the better you play the more points you get but dismissing this issue as entitlement is silly.

You might be right about the % assist kills start at but none the less it should apply to everything.
I'm not sure whether this is true or not, I'll try and check when I'm playing today.

First of all let's ignore the multikill. It's rare that that happens, most of the time you will get the driver if you're lucky and everyone else should be long gone. 1 kill per tank destroyed is probably a generous average.

So for the first 95% you get 95 damage, some amount for a disable, and usually another amount for disabling the tracks/weapon/whatever. Compared to the final hit that gets 5 damage, some amount for vehicle kill, and some amount for the driver kill (100 points?). There probably isn't much in it, but I'll have to check.

Maybe playing in a squad would be more fun for me. Does anyone here want to team up on PS4? I like Operations especially.

My PSN is Chronospherics, I play Medic and I'm not especially familiar with Battlefield games so I suppose I'm not especially good at them, but I do use a mic for what that's worth.

JDB

Banned
As far as I know BF handles assists the best out of basically all MP shooters. Also, y'all motherfuckers need to stop caring so much about score.

Maybe playing in a squad would be more fun for me. Does anyone here want to team up on PS4? I like Operations especially.

My PSN is Chronospherics, I play Medic and I'm not especially familiar with Battlefield games so I suppose I'm not especially good at them, but I do use a mic for what that's worth.
Search for "Neogaf battlefield 1 community" (I think your need the community in the title) on PS4 community. If you ever see me (or anyone) playing more than welcome to jump in :3

As far as I know BF handles assists the best out of basically all MP shooters. Also, y'all motherfuckers need to stop caring so much about score.

This ^

It's all about playing well to get the win and enjoying the game for what it is. A fantastic FPS.

I couldn't care less about my score.

Tecnniqe

Banned
You didn't get the points for the disable and as a fellow assault I'm personally happy to see anyone finish off a tank I damaged

I'm not sure whether this is true or not, I'll try and check when I'm playing today.

First of all let's ignore the multikill. It's rare that that happens, most of the time you will get the driver if you're lucky and everyone else should be long gone. 1 kill per tank destroyed is probably a generous average.

So for the first 95% you get 95 damage, some amount for a disable, and usually another amount for disabling the tracks/weapon/whatever. Compared to the final hit that gets 5 damage, some amount for vehicle kill, and some amount for the driver kill (100 points?). There probably isn't much in it, but I'll have to check.
Ok disregard multi bonus, say you get 95 points in damage, 50 is disable but vehicle destruction is 250 and kill is 100 so even then you got much less than otherwise which should be split according to damage done.

Of course as long as a tank is gone it's good for the benefit of the team but if you have a low HP tank why be the first to shoot that AT gun when you could wait for the other one to hit first and then snag the massive bonus for no work?

Cause that's how it feels most of the time, I run in and sacrifice myself to try and take down a tank and on the last AT nade or dynamite someone is just waiting to poke it and get everything while I'm left with little to show for.

*Splinter

Ok disregard multi bonus, say you get 95 points in damage, 50 is disable but vehicle destruction is 250 and kill is 100 so even then you got much less than otherwise which should be split according to damage done.

Of course as long as a tank is gone it's good for the benefit of the team but if you have a low HP tank why be the first to shoot that AT gun when you could wait for the other one to hit first and then snag the massive bonus for no work?

Cause that's how it feels most of the time, I run in and sacrifice myself to try and take down a tank and on the last AT nade or dynamite someone is just waiting to poke it and get everything while I'm left with little to show for.
I doubt people are waiting around to steal the kill, but if it bothers you that much you can whittle it down to 60 and then do your bust damage.

Theorry

Wich battlepacks do you guys always buy?
I always get the Superior. But i am curious if the Enhanced is a better "value for money"

*Splinter

Wich battlepacks do you guys always buy?
I always but the Superior. But i am curious if the Enhanced is a better "value for money"
I think the middle one is best (450 scrap, is that superior or enhanced?)

It seems easier to get all legendaries than all distinguished skins, so the more expensive pack will just be lots of unnecessary duplicates. I've also had a puzzle piece from all 3 crates opened so far, although maybe that was just good luck.

Edit: of course if there was a specific legendary skin you wanted I'd go for the more expensive option.

Theorry

I think the middle one is best (450 scrap, is that superior or enhanced?)

It seems easier to get all legendaries than all distinguished skins, so the more expensive pack will just be lots of unnecessary duplicates. I've also had a puzzle piece from all 3 crates opened so far, although maybe that was just good luck.

Edit: of course if there was a specific legendary skin you wanted I'd go for the more expensive option.

Enhanced is that. Do people get a puzzle piece alot?
I am level 51 and dont have any yet.

This ^

It's all about playing well to get the win and enjoying the game for what it is. A fantastic FPS.

I couldn't care less about my score.

That's the beauty of the scoring system though. If you do care about score, the simplest way to up it is by PTFO, supporting your squad, sticking together. Having a good K/D ratio certainly helps, but it's generally icing on the cake.

That's the beauty of the scoring system though. If you do care about score, the simplest way to up it is by PTFO, supporting your squad, sticking together. Having a good K/D ratio certainly helps, but it's generally icing on the cake.

I find the K/D thing a bit misleading.

A sniper on my team gets 41-4 and does nothing to contribute apart from killing (yes as a defender on operations that helps massively as that's tickets down)

An assault guy on my team runs 32-30 and plays the objectives.

I'm the objectives guy haha

Caim

Had an airship that got destroyed land on the fortress at the last defense of Monte Grappa.

I dunno if it was a glitch but every time I would go to the flag I would die instantly with the message "Accident" was funny and also frustrating but we still won.

skynidas

Banned
wtf, are medals supposed to reset if you exit the game? I was on the last stage of one of the medals but now the progress reset. anyone had this problem?

Xater

wtf, are medals supposed to reset if you exit the game? I was on the last stage of one of the medals but now the progress reset. anyone had this problem?

It never reset for me, but my progress in the menus has been inaccurate before. Don't panic and look where it's at once you are actually in a game again.

*Splinter

Uch. System is so broken.
Also whats up with the XP boost? They say in the description you can get it but dont think anyone got it yet.
By the time I can finally build the bludgeon I think I will feel obliged to use it, even though I prefer my trusty shovel -.-

Tecnniqe

Banned
I doubt people are waiting around to steal the kill, but if it bothers you that much you can whittle it down to 60 and then do your bust damage.
Not so much as "it bother me that much" as it is not right.
Hell no :D tryhard everyday!
Ooooh boy😱
Select another medal, it should update and reflect progress.

*Splinter

Not so much as "it bother me that much" as it is not right.

Ooooh boy😱

Select another medal, it should update and reflect progress.
I think I've ended up arguing a rather pointless position here, since it wouldn't hurt anything if vehicles worked the same as kills -.-

Had an airship that got destroyed land on the fortress at the last defense of Monte Grappa.

I dunno if it was a glitch but every time I would go to the flag I would die instantly with the message "Accident" was funny and also frustrating but we still won.
Yea I've seen this before. Apparently some spot where it crashes I assume are 'hot' an results in instant death if you run through them some other spots it doesn't happen.

Not sure if glitch or intentional.

Cronnie

It's really satisfying getting around the side and flanking enemies, people not spotting working in my favour for once:

SmugMeanCoqui.gif

I find the K/D thing a bit misleading.

A sniper on my team gets 41-4 and does nothing to contribute apart from killing (yes as a defender on operations that helps massively as that's tickets down)

An assault guy on my team runs 32-30 and plays the objectives.

I'm the objectives guy haha

No I was saying that having a good kd ratio is the icing on the cake for improving your own score haha. If you can keep a good ratio whilst primarily focusing on PTO then you'll end up with a fantastic score.

I wish you could pass through your teammates. I keep getting pushed out of cover, pushed out of the way, and getting caught on teammates. It's especially annoying on maps with small alleyways, bunkers, and buildings where everyone is crammed in and trying to get through doorways at the same time.

I don't know that this will ever change, but tank drivers seem really oblivious to mines. I've just taken to dropping them on the most obvious paths for the enemy tanks and dudes constantly roll right over them. I don't even need to be remotely clever about my placement right own.

The ragdolls from explosions are so good in this game.

I Believe I Can Fly

I don't know that this will ever change, but tank drivers seem really oblivious to mines. I've just taken to dropping them on the most obvious paths for the enemy tanks and dudes constantly roll right over them. I don't even need to be remotely clever about my placement right own.

As a tank player mainly, they are much harder to see in this game. In BF4 they were easy to spot, but in this game I sometimes miss them even when I'm scanning the ground for them. Doesn't help that spotting is inconsistent and in some maps they are the same colour as the ground lol.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Baited a tank hard yesterday into 3 mines. Satisfying

bosseye

The ragdolls from explosions are so good in this game.

I Believe I Can Fly

Ha, awesome. The ragdoll stuff is great, I came round a corner in Argonne Forest and a body came sailing out of the sky, hit the ravine wall high up and tumbled to the ground. Some guy on the higher ground got a grenade to the face. Looked awesome.

Absolutely love this game. Almost everything about it is so satisfying.

Yeah, the ragdoll physics are great. I crashed a plane and got stuck under the map, and I just sat watching my lifeless corpse falling into nothingness, cape ruffling in the wind.

As a tank player mainly, they are much harder to see in this game. In BF4 they were easy to spot, but in this game I sometimes miss them even when I'm scanning the ground for them. Doesn't help that spotting is inconsistent and in some maps they are the same colour as the ground lol.
Makes sense about the coloring for sure.

I'm too afraid to bother driving tanks myself for that reason lol

Goddamn...the Mondragon Storm is awesome. Hardly any recoil.

Yeah this is what I'm using too.

The biggest issue I was experiencing with other weapons is that they didn't surpass the 75 damage threshold with 2 shots, so they're much more prone to having your kill stolen. The mondragon storm does enough damage to deal something like 76 damage with two shots at mid range so you often get assist counts as kill with this weapon where you wouldn't with weaker weapons.

Makes sense about the coloring for sure.

I'm too afraid to bother driving tanks myself for that reason lol

I guess the answer is to drive them on unorthodox paths then. If you can't see them then just preempt them, there's only so many mines people can place out so the 'most obvious' routes tend to be what gets covered.

With that said I've seen some pretty unorthodox tank drivers getting tanks stuck between walls and trenches. I wonder if they were trying to avoid mines, or perhaps they're just awful.

Maximus P

It's really satisfying getting around the side and flanking enemies, people not spotting working in my favour for once:

Haha I managed to flank the entire enemy this morning. I popped up from behind a wall while every single one of the enemy had their backs turned on me, firing shots and my comrades. I was so excited in that moment that I just stood their gawping at them like an idiot before someone spawned behind me and shot me in the back without me firing a single shot.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
So my game always hangs after quitting a match with the Quit option in the result screens. (PS4)
Dicey pls

Top Bottom