• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

They also need to make the format more malleable so that we can regularly play on other maps. I've NEVER seen the third Ottoman Map on Suez in 50 hours. I've also played the Forest map after Ballroom Blitz twice.

I feel like I'm 'punished' for successfully defending when I can't even see the entire campaign unless we fail.

Surely it wouldn't even be a detriment to the game mode if the maps swapped occasionally so sometimes you do Map B first....

Karu

Have CoD: IW Legacy preordered, but couldn't resist.

My first Battlefield (except playing Betas I guess). Whoopdadoo! Playing Medic is just the best. Totally feels like the medic episode in Band of Brothers. Just running around, giving out meds, reviving people and hoping to not get shot. Ugh, love the maps also. So glad it went back into the past. Nothing in the FPS genre, no matter which year, what franchise, beats a great urban map.

The problems you're having with the behemoths are more at fault with your team than the airship itself. If two people jump on stationary AA canons and another person hops on an artillery truck the behemoth gets eaten up insanely fast. If you add planes to the mix they dont last very long at all. People just don't want to sit on an AA canon when they could be doing whatever else. I've had several matches where the airship barely gets damaged or doesn't get damaged at all.

I've noticed that rather than trying to find AA canons in the sectors you're actively defending spawn on the permanent spawn point instead and there's usually AA canons nearby to use.

Unless I'm mistaken AA isn't available for the first objective or two so you're forced to just get bombed until your pushed back to an objective with AA.

And it might be the fault of my team but most players aren't willing to die 2-3 times to take down a blimp which offers little virging no reward for them. The Zepplin players tend to keep an eye on the AA locations so attempting to take that down is a hazardous job and it isn't as if you have any agency in determining whether they kill you, or not.

I think it would be better if Zepplin fire had reduced damage and also was delayed so that it was more difficult to track moving targets. Zepplin players should not be focusing on individual troops while they're running around in a field.

I'm not alone in the view that Behemoths ruin the game either

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-u...e-outright-unplayable-because-of-the-behemoth
https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/48192/conquest-is-ruined
https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/46476/behemoths-in-operations
https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/46827/behemoths-are-given-too-early
https://forums.battlefield.com/en-u...ld-the-behemoths-only-come-in-on-the-3rd-wave

Yes my team can take them out but it's takes a coordinated effort from a group of random players while the behemoth itself is just a spawn killing device that's given to the enemy team for free, for doing poorly. The Behemoth should have a harder time tracking infantry, and the Behemoth should not be able to spawn if suitable anti-air equipment is not available.

In the last game I played the Beehemoth was above me on A on the first objective on Ballroom Blitz, bombing us from above while gunner slaughtered everyone next to me. "Screw this" I thought, as I ran over to B, deeming A forsaken and lost, however despite my best efforts to dodge and weave through the fields one of the Zeppelin gunners managed to get me all the way over from A. I put the controller down, there was nothing I could do to play the game and have fun. I could spawn again and probably get shot by the Zeppelin again. There were no AA because it was the first objective, and even if there were, it's not much fun to die numerous times trying to get the AA damage out onto the Zeppelin.

Surely it wouldn't even be a detriment to the game mode if the maps swapped occasionally so sometimes you do Map B first....
Yep. I get that they're trying to show a series of attacks and the historically accurate progression of it but after a certain point I just want to play everything regardless. It's such a great mode, they need to showcase all of it regardless of result.

Half the people in the original match leave during rounds anyways.

*Splinter

Yeah the presentation of Operations is nice but ultimately unnecessary (and the intros get repetitive). Should just be one map each, with 2 battalions. Could be a standard playlist then and would probably be more balanced (you basically need to clear one map per reinforcement anyway).

Inside

Random question probably answered 10000x already, but does BF1 currently have HDR on Xbox One S?

Actually I have not seen a single person in this thread asking for this. But I just checked the changelog from latest update, and it dosent mention that it has been added yet.

pieface

Actually I have not seen a single person in this thread asking for this. But I just checked the changelog from latest update, and it dosent mention that it has been added yet.

Thanks buddy,

From memory they said it wasn't going to be included in the EA Access version of the game, but would be when the game was launched. However when I load the game my TV doesn't state that i'm playing a HDR game, so was just curious. Guess it's not been added yet.

Yup, after putting 30 hours into the game I think the Behemoth's need a significant nerf. There is a plethora of problems with them.

EDIT:
Btw, today I noticed a ton of bans on cheaters. At least 2-3 every match.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Yup, after putting 30 hours into the game I think the Behemoth's need a significant nerf. There is a plethora of problems with them.

EDIT:
Considering its stats you may also get false positives due to bugs and other stuff but over time it equals out.

For god sake one of my weapons is stuck at 100% accuracy no matter what I do so that alone is enough to get flagged for sure.

chiliboy

EDIT:

Unless I'm mistaken AA isn't available for the first objective or two so you're forced to just get bombed until your pushed back to an objective with AA.

And it might be the fault of my team but most players aren't willing to die 2-3 times to take down a blimp which offers little virging no reward for them. The Zepplin players tend to keep an eye on the AA locations so attempting to take that down is a hazardous job and it isn't as if you have any agency in determining whether they kill you, or not.

I think it would be better if Zepplin fire had reduced damage and also was delayed so that it was more difficult to track moving targets. Zepplin players should not be focusing on individual troops while they're running around in a field.

I'm not alone in the view that Behemoths ruin the game either

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-u...e-outright-unplayable-because-of-the-behemoth
https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/48192/conquest-is-ruined
https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/46476/behemoths-in-operations
https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/46827/behemoths-are-given-too-early
https://forums.battlefield.com/en-u...ld-the-behemoths-only-come-in-on-the-3rd-wave

Yes my team can take them out but it's takes a coordinated effort from a group of random players while the behemoth itself is just a spawn killing device that's given to the enemy team for free, for doing poorly. The Behemoth should have a harder time tracking infantry, and the Behemoth should not be able to spawn if suitable anti-air equipment is not available.

In the last game I played the Beehemoth was above me on A on the first objective on Ballroom Blitz, bombing us from above while gunner slaughtered everyone next to me. "Screw this" I thought, as I ran over to B, deeming A forsaken and lost, however despite my best efforts to dodge and weave through the fields one of the Zeppelin gunners managed to get me all the way over from A. I put the controller down, there was nothing I could do to play the game and have fun. I could spawn again and probably get shot by the Zeppelin again. There were no AA because it was the first objective, and even if there were, it's not much fun to die numerous times trying to get the AA damage out onto the Zeppelin.

What Operations mode are you guys playing? Ive found the 64 player one to be baaaad, the behemoths ruin a lot there. They are less of a problem on 40 man I think.

Also this can help you guys:
https://www.reddit.com/r/battlefiel...sa_how_to_take_out_behemoths_fast_weak_spots/

Flanker light tank is good, AA truck, artillery truck, airship killer plane, torpedo bomber and torpedo boats are good!

You do get next to nothing for taking down the behemoths unless you are the one to fire the killshot which is silly

Tecnniqe

Banned
The latter has gotten worse since BF4 in my experience. Always get snapped back when trying to climb over walls and sandbags. Super annoying.
Damn right it's super frustrating also how you climb small edges you just want to jump over.

More frustratingly I've seen a enemy vault a window only to teleport back as I shot and revealed my position just for them to be in full cover and me in the open. RIP.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit

EDIT:

dont feel they should be nerfed they can be taken down super fast had a game yesterday where just me and another aa gun took down the zeppelin in about a minute and the train can be made useless almost right when it gets into battle if you have a semi non stupid team

Tecnniqe

Banned
What Operations mode are you guys playing? Ive found the 64 player one to be baaaad, the behemoths ruin a lot there. They are less of a problem on 40 man I think.

https://www.reddit.com/r/battlefiel...sa_how_to_take_out_behemoths_fast_weak_spots/

Flanker light tank is good, AA truck, artillery truck, airship killer plane, torpedo bomber and torpedo boats are good!

You do get next to nothing for taking down the behemoths unless you are the one to fire the killshot which is silly
It's the same with vehicles. I did 95% damage to a full tank alone and guy comes along and blows it up and all I get is +10 kill assist.

What is this shit? You get like 250 points for the vehicle alone...

Nodnol

I still haven't played on Argonne or Empire's Edge!

Play Operations and that's about it at the moment, and I've never seen a team win on the Venetian Alps map (forget its name).

That damn bunker. It shouldn't be hard, but like most things on Battlefield, it's made difficult by people either not working together or utilizing the available tools to get the job done (Rambo incendiary grenades and a medic or two seems a great way to break the line).

It's the same with vehicles. I did 95% damage to a full tank alone and guy comes along and blows it up and all I get is +10 kill assist.

The other points come in the form of pride that you are supporting your team.

Bathe in the glory

Play Operations and that's about it at the moment, and I've never seen a team win on the Venetian Alps map (forget its name).

That damn bunker. It shouldn't be hard, but like most things on Battlefield, it's made difficult by people either not working together or utilizing the available tools to get the job done (Rambo incendiary grenades and a medic or two seems a great way to break the line).

I've done the forest once and destroyed the opponents with the shotty

Like you I've never seen the second map on the Venetian alps. That being said I've only ever defended on it.

*Splinter

Monte Grappa. And btw Empire's Edge is the map right after it, but yeah that's a tough campaign to beat.

Argonne is the map after Ballroom Blitz (in Operations)

Nodnol

Monte Grappa. And btw Empire's Edge is the map right after it, but yeah that's a tough campaign to beat.

Argonne is the map after Ballroom Blitz (in Operations)

That's why I've never seen it! Ha.

Never seen the attackers win on Ballroom Blitz or Monte Grappa. Maybe down to the Airship? Or rather, a lack of utilizing it properly.

nOoblet16

Yep points should be spread across for damage done, especially for vehicles where it's just silly that something that requires team effort only rewards final shot.

It's not hard to do and there are games that give out points based on damage numbers (Gears for example where if you land a killing shot and someone else does majority of the damage you only get 10-20 points while the other person gets 100 or so)

*Splinter

Btw I think the Operation in the desert is bugged, says the attackers have 4 attempts but you only get 3. I wonder which is correct (4 would make sense for 3 maps).

Usually you are allowed one "fail" per map, but at the moment you have to do a map flawlessly. However if you do the first map flawlessly the defenders can park the train at A of the very first checkpoint and you are pretty much screwed, so you almost need to flawless map 1, die to the train, flawless map 2, just to have a chance at beating the last map with one reinforcement (and a train which is almost a requirement on the final checkpoint).

Most of my bad experiences have been on Ballroom Blitz, but I dislike the idea of being killed by something I could not avoid anywhere.

Those are good tips though. Gonna' try fucking the Zepplin up with a tank! I do think a big issue is that it doesn't give out points for damage though, it doesn't encourage players to shoot at it and therefore they don't. I think Star Wars Battlefront was better in this regard, as you simply received points for any type of damage to the AT-AT?

The only issue with that advice though is that most vehicles, anti airs and stuff do not spawn on the first one, perhaps two capture points. If the opposing team get the zepplin at this point in the game, they are given a tool that can spawn trap, spawn kill, and generally kill players without those players on the ground having any agency to prevent this from happening.

Yep points should be spread across for damage done, especially for vehicles where it's just silly that something that requires team effort only rewards final shot.

It's not hard to do and there are games that give out points based on damage numbers (Gears for example where if you land a killing shot and someone else does majority of the damage you only get 10-20 points while the other person gets 100 or so)

Even this very game does it with infantry damage and 'assist counts as kill'. It's clear that Dice understand that the person who made the largest contribution deserve the most credit, I suppose they just didn't get around to implementing it to the vehicle combat.

*Splinter

You do get points for damage though. It's fewer points because damaging a tank is much much easier than finishing it, so that killing blow should be rewarded.

Honestly this is only an issue for people that care more about their score than actually winning. The new k/d warriors.

*Splinter

Most of my bad experiences have been on Ballroom Blitz, but I dislike the idea of being killed by something I could not avoid anywhere.

Those are good tips though. Gonna' try fucking the Zepplin up with a tank! I do think a big issue is that it doesn't give out points for damage though, it doesn't encourage players to shoot at it and therefore they don't. I think Star Wars Battlefront was better in this regard, as you simply received points for any type of damage to the AT-AT?

The only issue with that advice though is that most vehicles, anti airs and stuff do not spawn on the first one, perhaps two capture points. If the opposing team get the zepplin at this point in the game, they are given a tool that can spawn trap, spawn kill, and generally kill players without those players on the ground having any agency to prevent this from happening.
If they get a Zeppelin in the first checkpoint then they're getting absolutely stomped and will lose anyway. Just give up the first checkpoint, and while your team defends the second you can actually run back to the third where the AA guns are (this works on all operations I think, at least Scar and Ballroom.

Also you do get points for damaging the Zeppelin. Including a bonus if you destroy a section (which takes very little time if you focus fire, although it's not clear what the sections are or which have already been destroyed.

You can also get kills by destroying the little cabs on the bottom with the people/weapons in.

Tecnniqe

Banned
You gonna play later tonight love?
Hell yaaas luve. I will however be leaving a bit later on and come back a few hours later, some person a person scheduled time which is both :) and :(

Well the funny thing is BF does that itself (51% damage and up = assist count as kill) on infrantry but not on vehicles. It's stupid.

Tecnniqe

Banned
You do get points for damage though. It's fewer points because damaging a tank is much much easier than finishing it, so that killing blow should be rewarded.

Honestly this is only an issue for people that care more about their score than actually winning. The new k/d warriors.
In a game like BF more often than not points reflect your contribution towards a victory but also towards your own rankings so getting shit on after doing majority of the work is a flaw, don't you think? Why else would high damage on infantry yield assist as kill bonus?

*Splinter

In a game like BF more often than not points reflect your contribution towards a victory but also towards your own rankings so getting shit on after doing majority of the work is a flaw, don't you think? Why else would high damage on infantry yield assist as kill bonus?
Sometimes you do most of the damage and don't get the last shot. Other times you do hardly any damage but steal the kill from someone else.

Overall the better you play the better you'll score, it's simply not worth worrying about the individual occasions where you lost out on some points you felt entitled to.

Btw assist counts as kill happens at 75% (or is it 80?), and awards the kill to both players I think.

nOoblet16

What are you even talking about?
How is doing majority of the damage and disabling a tank easier than landing the killing blow on a disabled tank (since the killing blow is always on a disabled tank)?

chiliboy

Hell yaaas luve. I will however be leaving a bit later on and come back a few hours later, some person a person scheduled time which is both :) and :(

Well the funny thing is BF does that itself (51% damage and up = assist count as kill) on infrantry but not on vehicles. It's stupid.

Awesome!! see you later then - dont worry that happens sometimes :)

Fix your microphone though!! :D its time!

*Splinter

What are you even talking about?
How is doing majority of the damage and disabling a tank easier than landing the killing blow on a disabled tank (since the killing blow is always on a disabled tank)?
Well you already got points for disabling the tank, so I was talking about the first 60% or so. After that the tank will probably try to escape/repair and the last bit (including the disable) is much harder.

If they get a Zeppelin in the first checkpoint then they're getting absolutely stomped and will lose anyway. Just give up the first checkpoint, and while your team defends the second you can actually run back to the third where the AA guns are (this works on all operations I think, at least Scar and Ballroom.

Also you do get points for damaging the Zeppelin. Including a bonus if you destroy a section (which takes very little time if you focus fire, although it's not clear what the sections are or which have already been destroyed.

You can also get kills by destroying the little cabs on the bottom with the people/weapons in.

Yeah true I guess they would lose anyway I just think it's a bit tedious to have to deal with getting shot by a Zepplin for two objectives.

In my experience most teams get their Zepplin out on the first or second objective. Most attacking teams seem to struggle. I have not seen many teams of attackers win.

thenexus6

Why WHY do you still have to cycle through each seat in vehicles?? You should just be able to press up/down on the d-pad to jumop through them quickly.

Why WHY do you still have to cycle through each seat in vehicles?? You should just be able to press up/down on the d-pad to jumop through them quickly.

If you were in the back of a tank and you pressed up.... would you go to the front?
Because technically you should press down.... but then you'd think down would be the rear?

What is life?

image.jpg

*Splinter

Yeah true I guess they would lose anyway I just think it's a bit tedious to have to deal with getting shot by a Zepplin for two objectives.

In my experience most teams get their Zepplin out on the first or second objective. Most attacking teams seem to struggle. I have not seen many teams of attackers win.
I think there does need to be a way to end the game early. If attackers die in the first or second objective then their overall loss is almost guaranteed, but it'll take another half hour or so to chew through their remaining 300 lives + 2 behemoths.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
What is classic mode?

Something nobody will play, but people complain about getting/wanting.
Seriously.

No minimap spotting, Friendly Fire on IIRC, "trying to be like BF2!" But nobody played it in BF4 outside of like 10 people. So... they should be dedicating that time to putting Sabotage into the game.

"War pigeons is that mode jus--"

No. It isn't, at all.

If you were in the back of a tank and you pressed up.... would you go to the front?
Because technically you should press down.... but then you'd think down would be the rear?

He's talking consoles. And going from that to PC where you can insta-jump between seats with F1-6: He's completely right that there has to be a better quick switch option in the console versions beyond X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X...

I think there does need to be a way to end the game early. If attackers die in the first or second objective then their overall loss is almost guaranteed, but it'll take another half hour or so to chew through their remaining 300 lives + 2 behemoths.

When there is nothing left to lose you sometimes have the hardest struggles. I don't care whether I win or lose, obviously I try my best to win.

But when the win is guaranteed it's all about those epic gameplay moments

Tecnniqe

Banned
Sometimes you do most of the damage and don't get the last shot. Other times you do hardly any damage but steal the kill from someone else.

Overall the better you play the better you'll score, it's simply not worth worrying about the individual occasions where you lost out on some points you felt entitled to.

Btw assist counts as kill happens at 75% (or is it 80?), and awards the kill to both players I think.
Even if I get the last shot on someone else's 95% damaged tank it's still bullshit because I did 5% and got everything and the one who did 95% got absolutely nothing.

Up to 99% all you get is points for damage+disable and at the last 1% you get vehicle kill (which in itself is probably more than the previous combined), kill, multikill and streak bonuses which are massive additions.

Of course the better you play the more points you get but dismissing this issue as entitlement is silly.

You might be right about the % assist kills start at but none the less it should apply to everything.

Top Bottom