• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Conquest is just a big TDM.

Rush, Ops and Domination is fun but Conquest and WP is meh at best.

Not to mention Conquest takes WAY too long.

Man, I've become addicted to operations so much so that conquest has become boring for me.

Maybe I haven't given Operations enough of a chance. I just can't play anything other than Conquest right now, I love it. I'll admit I haven't played more than a couple matches of Operations.

Maybe I haven't given Operations enough of a chance. I just can't play anything other than Conquest right now, I love it. I'll admit I haven't played more than a couple matches of Operations.
Same. I love the concept behind Operations, but I think it leaves a lot to be desired. I don't like being forced to attack or defend, for example. Conquest actually lets you choose. I'm also not a huge fan of how meat grinder-ish and spammy Operations often feels since so many players are crammed into such a small section of the map. For me, it's just way too linear and restrictive to feel like a proper Battlefield experience. Conquest is still the bread & butter, but so few people work together it can be super hit-and-miss. Sometimes it's untouchable, and others you could swear you're just in a mindless TDM romp with a few flags strewn about (Suez almost always results in this).

kiguel182

The Operation match I played felt like a meat grind. Which evokes the WW1 feeling but I didn't feel it was as fun as Conquest.

I need to try it more.

ronco2000

Filthy
XTBFSNw.gif

iiisIq6.gif

I use it. Crazy OP gun. I kind of feel bad using it. I won't be surprise if they nerf it.

Guys I've never played a Battlefield game's multiplayer just bought this on PC I would appreciate some tips.
Press V to change firing modes. The starting Medic rifle defaults to semi-auto, but you can switch to full-auto to give you a better chance in CQB. (I thought it was semi-only for the longest time!)

Also, spot like crazy with the Q key.

Damn I've been using that shotgun since launch. It's a beast for sure. I hope they don't get crazy with shotgun nerfs. Most games don't give them the range they need. They should fuck your shit up.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Damn I've been using that shotgun since launch. It's a beast for sure. I hope they don't get crazy with shotgun nerds. Most games don't give them the range they need. They should fuck your shit up.

They should indeed. I'm not sure how you balance a shotgun in BF since it SHOULD wreck at the distance it does but at the same time its wrecking too much.

But this is DICE, surely they wont outright kill it, r-right?

:3

ronco2000

They most likely will nerf it, but in doing so totally ruin it by nerfing it too much.

But until then, it's so great to use.

Filthy filthy Jesus-10

I cleared a room with it with 4 enemies in there trying to capture a flag. Tossed a gas grenade, waited a second then rushed in. Got 2 in one shot, proned, shot one then shot the 4th one on the ankle. LOL.

+1 for 40-player Operations. Still chaotic, but you actually have space to flank.

That's the 'secret' of every Battlefield, it's nothing new. 64 players servers is crazy chaos that it is spectacular, but it doesn't play well. The moment you are trying to actually capture the objectives instead of shooting enemies, or flanking, or do something interesting, you can't, as there are enemies everywhere. It's all a grind.
Gameplay wise lower player count servers are much better, it's more fluid, more interesting, with more chances to shine.

The Beard

Why does it seem impossible to get into a balanced match? Every time I get into a server, my team can only capture 1 flag and it's the one that me and my squad just took. It's like the other 27 guys on the team are taking a fucking nap. I'm really getting sick of it. There are way more uneven matches in this game than in BF4.

Oh boy that bunker checkpoint B on Iron Walls just destroyed a battalion and a half on the furthest I've ever got attacking that map. The maps well worthy of the name.

That's the 'secret' of every Battlefield, it's nothing new. 64 players servers is crazy chaos that it is spectacular, but it doesn't play well. The moment you are trying to actually capture the objectives instead of shooting enemies, or flanking, or do something interesting, you can't, as there are enemies everywhere. It's all a grind.
Gameplay wise lower player count servers are much better, it's more fluid, more interesting, with more chances to shine.

The CQ maps feel fine for 64 players.

They did a good job locking Rush to 24 players, it feels perfect.

I cant tell which I like more with Operations though. 64 players is really fun. I just think they need to adjust the tickets for it to be perfect.

Nothing beats making a big push together. 40 players seems like it struggles with some flags, as it's too hard for the whole team to hold 2-3 flags. It really depends on the sector.

Tecnniqe

Banned
No, pigeons is TDM. CQ is where the strategic aspect of BF shines.

No that's small team based TDM with birds while Conquest is massive TDM with a few flags thrown in for good measure.

Only thing that requires strats are Ops and Rush at 40 player count. 64 is too many people to play any sort of strategy.

CHC

JFC

Sometimes I wonder if people actually realize that it is POSSIBLE to take a fucking tank out as a foot soldier

Swear to god as soon as people lay eyes on one they just lie down and give up

Like, it's not hard at all

Choose assault, shoot the tank with rockets, blow it the fuck up

/rant

Tecnniqe

Banned
JFC

Sometimes I wonder if people actually realize that it is POSSIBLE to take a fucking tank out as a foot soldier

/rant
AT suicide mine run FTW

JFC

/rant

Except when you're in the tank you'll be swarmed by an entire squad of assaults with anti-tank grenades and rockets. This game and the people that play it are paradoxical like that.

Except when you're in the tank you'll be swarmed by an entire squad of assaults with anti-tank grenades and rockets. This game and the people that play it are paradoxical like that.

I remember happily rolling in my tank in an operation match, and I didnt even get near the sectors. 3-4 Shocktroopers started shooting rockets at me from 4 different directions. It was pretty amazing.

best way to get 10 dynamite kills?
Got half of mine trapping hallways in the Argonne Forest bunkers and waiting for the enemy. Got the other half sneaking up behind oblivious snipers lying down and hard scoping on hillsides, and dropping dynamite on their backs instead of dogtagging them.

Top Bottom