• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

So I watched the digital foundry video that said the xbox one version is better for mp. Is that still true or has a ps4 patch been released or anything? Might scoop this up during the Target sale and I'm trying to figure out which version to buy.

So I watched the digital foundry video that said the xbox one version is better for mp. Is that still true or has a ps4 patch been released or anything? Might scoop this up during the Target sale and I'm trying to figure out which version to buy.

Both run virtually the same from what I know. Get whichever your friends are on.

I presume I survived because a teammate shot it down. From what I can tell falling debris and shit doesn't harm teammates and I've got quite a few kills from shooting walls out and it falling on enemies below. If it was hardcore I would've died.

Yeah I figured it was that to be honest, otherwise it would have killed you, though I think if a team mate destroys the building you're in that would be an appropriate team kill. They could have soft-team kills on, like for specific events like the destruction of an entire building. There would certainly be a little trolling but I also wish people would think more before blowing everything up in this game.

Firebrand

1000-144 on Argonne. Glad I was on the right side of that one.

Not related to this match, but I hope they retool the ticket system, I hate when you're making a comeback but you know it's too late to pass them on score.

Do you ADS on the shotgun? I tend not to, but I also miss my shots easily which doesnt seem to be a thing for most others using the 10-A, lol.

So, how the hell do you stop a team from bunkering down and spamming incendiary grenades and gas grenades? Because that just happened to me on iron walls, and it was not at all enjoyable if im being honest.

reckless

So, how the hell do you stop a team from bunkering down and spamming incendiary grenades and gas grenades? Because that just happened to me on iron walls, and it was not at all enjoyable if im being honest.

If you're talking about the first bunker, Drive a light flanker tank up to the back door and just unload into the bunker. Should be able to kill/injure enough with the rest of your team to take it.

DTKT

We did that on the mountain map by just holding B of the second set of Defuse in Rush. Basically, the attackers need to destroy the metal doors and use smoke, gas and incediary grenades to clear. It's possible to do it, but you need a coordinated team which is highly unlikely.

We did that on the mountain map by just holding B of the second set of Defuse in Rush. Basically, the attackers need to destroy the metal doors and use smoke, gas and incediary grenades to clear. It's possible to do it, but you need a coordinated team which is highly unlikely.

This happens to me a lot when I'm on the defending side. It works most of the time.

Did this. Got talking to my squad since the team wasn't responding. we committed suicide, but used gas and smoke grenades to stop their aim prior to death, so our team could rush in. It was a bitch.

Agent

I just played against the worst attacking team I've ever seen in 64 player operations. They needed reinforcements to get the first zone of the game. Both of their airships were destroyed in about 3 minutes flat. I honestly have no idea what they were doing. I wish the stat screen at the end was working property because the defense rating was at 300 and still climbing still before it faded away.

CwDksdSWgAAL_SA.jpg

Any recommendations for fun Assault weapons to use? I've mainly been sticking to the MP 18 and the Model 10 but I want to branch out a bit. The Automatico is fun in close quarters, but I feel like a sitting duck from enemies a few dozen yards away.

CHC

I remember happily rolling in my tank in an operation match, and I didnt even get near the sectors. 3-4 Shocktroopers started shooting rockets at me from 4 different directions. It was pretty amazing.

Operations is probably harder to navigate a tank through just because the frontlines of battle are very clearly delineated, whereas in Conquest you can kind of cleverly sneak around to avoid wading into a bunch of assault troops.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Any recommendations for fun Assault weapons to use? I've mainly been sticking to the MP 18 and the Model 10 but I want to branch out a bit. The Automatico is fun in close quarters, but I feel like a sitting duck from enemies a few dozen yards away.

The only other one to use is the rank 10 unlock.

Ravek

Banned
Still don't understand how I can get the most flag caps in the game, #1 points wise for the the entire team/game and still not get a battle pack.

Ardenyal

Seems like my progress on medals was not reset, cool. I've been doing this squad medal for a week now and only got the first stage done x___x"

Smidget

Do war bonds just take forever to get? Feel like I've been playing a while (mostly TDM) and barely able to unlock any weapons and I have that issue where I never want to spend anything like good potions in RPGs ;)

how do you setup your guns/weapons from the main menu?

i hate having to rush thru it between/during matches.

i've gotta be overlooking something in the menu.

Frostburn

They'll be adding the ability to customize load-outs and buy weapons from the main menu at some point in the future... was supposed to launch with it and we don't have a firm date yet.

1000-144 on Argonne. Glad I was on the right side of that one.ol.

Jesus, how bad does a team have to be to lose that badly on Argonne!? Suez I could understand, but Argonne gives you so many opportunities to slip past teams because of all the different flanks and foliage to keep you concealed... hot damn.

how do you setup your guns/weapons from the main menu?

i hate having to rush thru it between/during matches.

i've gotta be overlooking something in the menu.

Nope, can't do it unless you use the app. Your best bet is to join an empty server and fiddle with your stuff there so that you won't feel rushed.

Jesus, how bad does a team have to be to lose that badly on Argonne!? Suez I could understand, but Argonne gives you so many opportunities to slip past teams because of all the different flanks and foliage to keep you concealed... hot damn.

Argonne is this game's Metro/Locker so I'm not surprised at that score. It's a map designed for people who enjoys killing and people enjoy killing. They don't care about the obj and just goes for kills. They essentially sit in the bunker and farm as much kills as possible while ignoring the rest of the obj's. The smarter team will take the rest of the obj's while the enemy team will constantly zerg the bunker because, holy shit at all the action and kills! -_-

What are the best weapons for each class?
Assault: Model 10 hunter, hellriegel
Medic: mondragon, selbslader m1916
Support: BAR
Scout: It's all six of one, half a dozen of another, besides the gewehr M.95. Probably SMLE because it has double the capacity of the other ones.

The assault weapons are pretty forgiving, you can use any of them and do fine, I top leaderboards all the time with the Trench 97 with plenty of other people model 10ing around.

Mandragon/ Stensomething for medic
A10 or some other shotgun for assault
All support weapons are shit
Scouts are irrelevant and are not worth talking about.
Really helpful post there, bud.

Still loving this game, but I wish there was a bigger map. Something akin to st Quentin scar where the points feel evenly spread out.

The other maps, the points are kind of in a row.

Tecnniqe

Banned
I don't really need to qualify the statement.
You don't but what's the strategy in 64p conquest? Outside your squad there's not much you can do other than running around capping or defending flags or alternately join the rest of the 59 players in a fight to the death on the middle of the map, more often than not.

And the behemoths don't really help as a addition once you start gaining on the enemy.

I just don't see much strategy in that mode at all due to the limited control you have on the overall outcome.

Machina

Banned
I just played against the worst attacking team I've ever seen in 64 player operations. They needed reinforcements to get the first zone of the game. Both of their airships were destroyed in about 3 minutes flat. I honestly have no idea what they were doing. I wish the stat screen at the end was working property because the defense rating was at 300 and still climbing still before it faded away.

Sadly this is very common at the moment. Mr. casual had only 60 bucks to spend this month, so he looked a the opinions of both this and CoD and, of course chose this.

You know how I can tell? "DERRR who are you to judge the team with a 4-9 K/D??"

Daffy Duck

Why does it seem like the enemy constantly has tanks and yet I am never able to see my teams tanks and there's none at the spawn.

Always feels like the team never use them.

Calcium

Banned
I'm about half way through the campaign right now and I'm really enjoying it. The idea of highlighting smaller stories of various roles in the war instead of a big sweeping story was a good idea. I like that you can approach each encounter however you want too. The game seemed to be suggesting that I use stealth, but I just ran in Rambo style a few times to mix it up and still managed to complete the objective.

Any tips for playing Medic online? I played 3-4 Conquest matches last night and didn't have the best time. I didn't get the opportunity to test it last night, but does R1 spot enemies in addition to throwing out heals?

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
I just finished editing THE DESOLATION OF SMAUG (the clutchiest game of Rush I've had in any BF to date.)

We lost one objective after the other in Mount Grappa because of sneaky ass Snipemedic squads in the outskirts.

Until I holed myself down in the fortress basement next to Telegraph A with a Flame kit.

Love this game.

Operations is so fucking frustrating when your team is shit. Like yesterday we steamrolled Conquer Hell, took the first 4 objectives first try, took the Ballroom set no problem, then after most of the enemy team had left and new people joined, they finally held us up at the last set in Argonne forest. Mostly because our team decided that camping and mortar spamming was going to cap the flags.

For fuck sake.

Oh yeah and Monte Grappa is just straight up broken in Ops. The Bunker objectives are simply idiotic. It's way too easy to hold. If more than half the team spawns inside the bunker with a few medics, you will never ever cap a Bunker.

Only way to capture those points is if the german team is comprised of idiots.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Operations is so fucking frustrating when your team is shit. Like yesterday we steamrolled Conquer Hell, took the first 4 objectives first try, took the Ballroom set no problem, then after most of the enemy team had left and new people joined, they finally held us up at the last set in Argonne forest. Mostly because our team decided that camping and mortar spamming was going to cap the flags.

For fuck sake.

Oh yeah and Monte Grappa is just straight up broken in Ops. The Bunker objectives are simply idiotic. It's way too easy to hold. If more than half the team spawns inside the bunker with a few medics, you will never ever cap a Bunker.

Only way to capture those points is if the german team is comprised of idiots.
Monte Grappa is fine, we during the weekend on Discord took everything but the last point in the first wave.

The enemy team camped in the bunker but you can use the roof above them to capture it.

That or use explosives to take the bunker doors off, use incendiary grenades and they'll come running out.

Getting steamrolled sucks but steamrolling is 😁

Even as defenders on that map we've held the first point for ~50% of the enemies tickets so 🤔 People.

Play by myself - get spanked every time

Play with three other friends on Operations
Attacking: White wash the enemy 2 out of every 3 games
Defending: Don't lose a single sector 2 out of every 3 games

You NEED a cohesive unit or mad amounts of luck to win haha

Why does it seem like the enemy constantly has tanks and yet I am never able to see my teams tanks and there's none at the spawn.

Always feels like the team never use them.
If your team wasn't using your tanks then they would all be able to be selected for you to spawn in, assuming that your current spawn/flag/whatever has tanks. Either you aren't checking hard enough on your map (e.g. if everyone spawns in small Light Tanks) or your team just suicides them and all you can see is that annyoing x0 waiting for the respawn.

abuC

Monte Grappa is fine, we during the weekend on Discord took everything but the last point in the first wave.

The enemy team camped in the bunker but you can use the roof above them to capture it.

That or use explosives to take the bunker doors off, use incendiary grenades and they'll come running out.

Getting steamrolled sucks but steamrolling is 😁

Even as defenders on that map we've held the first point for ~50% of the enemies tickets so 🤔 People.

Disagree, the second bunker on Monte grappa is basically impossible to capture if half the team is in there. You cannot make it up the stairs on one side because it's an endless stream of incendiary grenades, anti-tank grenades and impact grenades and if they're smart they will have the other side lit up with gas grenades and incendiary.

We've taken the first bunker, but the second one isn't happening if they all rush there instead of to A.

Top Bottom