• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

I understand what you are saying, such will this reset or overwrite your saved progress. I don't know that does suck. I may wait to play too then. If it was just a match or two temporary that would be another thing to me.

This is my frustration. I was rank 34 and had unlocked and bought a bunch of crap already. I don't think I'll be playing anymore if all that just vanished for zero reason..

Man. Major companies get DDOS'd by a single salty preteen using paid hacks/scripts and they go down for days at a time.

Blizzard gets DDOS'd by groups of people and they shrug it off like a gorilla swatting a fly.

fritolay

This is my frustration. I was rank 34 and had unlocked and bought a bunch of crap already. I don't think I'll be playing anymore if all that just vanished for zero reason..

https://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_one/comments/5a5zrc/psa_ea_servers_down_again/

Looks like EA servers are having problems again. You can check the current status here. Let's hope this gets resolved soon. Edit: Those who can connect seem to have their ranks reset temporarily.

Another issue is I hope they don't have to do a rollback for stats and progress, that would be PITA

Tovarisc

Man. Major companies get DDOS'd by a single salty preteen using paid hacks/scripts and they go down for days at a time.

Blizzard gets DDOS'd by groups of people and they shrug it off like a gorilla swatting a fly.

They don't shrug it off. Coordinated DDOS attack with large botnet or several small ones will bring down even Blizzard servers. Has in the past done that.

https://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_one/comments/5a5zrc/psa_ea_servers_down_again/

Looks like EA servers are having problems again. You can check the current status here. Let's hope this gets resolved soon. Edit: Those who can connect seem to have their ranks reset temporarily.

Another issue is I hope they don't have to do a rollback for stats and progress, that would be PITA

Thanks for the link. Amazing that I was going to buy another copy today lol..this sucks..

Acinixys

Can someone explain "debris kill" to me

I get them all the time using gas grenades, but dont understand how dying to gas is the same has having a building fall on you

Also, they need to fix revive positioning

So many times ive been killed by an explosion and been thrown 20m away, but when I get revived i instantly teleport to the spot where I died

It really messes with your perception

DeaDPo0L84

Bad teamwork has always resulted in a poor experience in BF games but for some reason here its magnified for me. If I dont have a full squad on I dont even boot the game up anymore. I dont have rage moments when gaming but I have been having a few lately with this game due to brain dead teammates.

The worst is when you join a server and see that there are two full squads, and everyone else is in a locked squad with 1 or 2 people in each one.

Fao Fortress is the worst map in the game.

Any team that controls the Fortress can just snipe anyone at any place on the map, making it really hard to move anywhere.

The fog weather is a God send for that

Can someone explain "debris kill" to me

I get them all the time using gas grenades, but dont understand how dying to gas is the same has having a building fall on you

Also, they need to fix revive positioning

So many times ive been killed by an explosion and been thrown 20m away, but when I get revived i instantly teleport to the spot where I died

It really messes with your perception

There is a lot of stuff that needs to be fixed for revives. Every single time I get revived I have to switch weapons 2-3 times before I can start shooting again.

Tovarisc

Any team that controls the Fortress cant just snipe anyone at any place on the map, making it really hard to move anywhere.

Flip side is that if team holding Fort goes full sniper [you never go full sniper] they hand rest of the map to another team, no contesting possible. So what if they kill one here and there by spamming sniper fire? They are holding 2 flags out of 6 total, they can't push ticket rate to their side.

They are going to lose, by huge margin.

Firebrand

Any team that controls the Fortress cant just snipe anyone at any place on the map, making it really hard to move anywhere.

I just quit out if I get that map. Definitely the worst in the game imo.

Bad teamwork has always resulted in a poor experience in BF games but for some reason here its magnified for me. If I dont have a full squad on I dont even boot the game up anymore. I dont have rage moments when gaming but I have been having a few lately with this game due to brain dead teammates.
This has been my experience night in and night out. I did play with a couple friends the other night and it was much better, but my friends suck so that opportunity doesn't come often.

The Dude

I'm loving both. Two totally different games. When I have a squad/good team BF is amazing, always has been. However, when I have a shitty team or no one else to play with, I feel like it's only a matter of time before PTSD kicks in and TF goes into the PS4. BF has never had great unlocks, imo and I have no problem with that. It does other things really well.

Yea that's where I'm tryin to get to. I bought tf2 digitally so Im stuck with it and trying to find the love, which at times it happens.. I am actually awaiting the IW release so that it pulls some of the insane twitchy cod players away. But yea two totally different games for sure, I'm just finding BF to be an addiction and tf2 to be a game I can find some enjoyment but the call of duty game flow with proper constantly spawning behind you starts to bug me after a bit

Yea that's where I'm tryin to get to. I bought tf2 digitally so Im stuck with it and trying to find the love, which at times it happens.. I am actually awaiting the IW release so that it pulls some of the insane twitchy cod players away. But yea two totally different games for sure, I'm just finding BF to be an addiction and tf2 to be a game I can find some enjoyment but the call of duty game flow with proper constantly spawning behind you starts to bug me after a bit
I feel ya. Try Amped Hardpoint. when you get the feel for it, it's great and I rarely get any cheap spawn deaths. I actually get waaay more in BF1 because i'm always spawning on teammates. Hopefully you get the hang of it. When you get a loadout that works for your style, a titan you love and the hang of movement the game should click.

Any team that controls the Fortress can just snipe anyone at any place on the map, making it really hard to move anywhere.

Does it really matter if they're all holed up in the fort and not getting any other points? I win so many games on Fao because I just ignore the fort and cap every other point while a majority of the other team lays on the battlements.

It's pretty low on the totem, but it doesn't hold a candle to Suez.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
So do we have confirmation that reviving in Conquest doesn't matter for ticket "bleed"? If this is true this should have been something mentioned in the reviews, surely....

Because this makes the medic an almost useless class to play in Conquest in a Battlefield game, a game supposedly about classes and team play. I refuse to believe DICE would have done something stupid like this and this is just some rumor that grew without actual proof.

Well, this is what DICE said after the beta:

That is why we're going to be making changes to the Conquest game mode ticket system for launch. The next time you play the game, capturing the objectives AND getting kills will both contribute towards the final score of a Conquest match.

https://www.battlefield.com/news/article/battlefield-1-beta-learned

Stands to reason, then, that reviving would reverse the ticket loss from a kill (or rather, respawn).

Archpath1

Played Sinai desert
Had the dust storm come in fairly early
But it lasted on my screen for the entire length,
at first I was like wow this is taking forever

Asked my friend in the match , said it only lasted a few minutes for him

No wonder I was getting sniped all the time, thinking I was hidden running through the dust

Hjod

Banned
Does it really matter if they're all holed up in the fort and not getting any other points? I win so many games on Fao because I just ignore the fort and cap every other point while a majority of the other team lays on the battlements.

It's pretty low on the totem, but it doesn't hold a candle to Suez.

The funny thing is that if your team use the fort right you can shut down the whole map. And by using it right I mean man the field guns and AA, leave a small team to defend and you win the map if the rest of the team caps the rest of the map.

But usually when people take the fort they just use it for a sniper nest and the fort is useless.

terrible

Banned
source.gif

Why aren't enemies always this oblivious?

So i got ea access and now im.playing bf1. Playing.operations but im.getting obliterated. Usually steps away from spawn...

I liked the scout during the beta but the gun im using now feels worthless.

Tips for operation? I dont want to get turned off already...

Should i go to rush first to lvl up? Idk...

I meant to ask, are you on PC or console? If you're on PC feel free to add me on Origin (Chubzdoomer). I'd love to have more people to squad up with, because right now my selection is extremely limited.

Tecnniqe

Banned
So i got ea access and now im.playing bf1. Playing.operations but im.getting obliterated. Usually steps away from spawn...

I liked the scout during the beta but the gun im using now feels worthless.

Tips for operation? I dont want to get turned off already...

Should i go to rush first to lvl up? Idk...
Rush or domination is great for starters.
Domination is inf only while Rush is bit smaller maps with a few vehicles and objective based.

Rush or domination is great for starters.
Domination is inf only while Rush is bit smaller maps with a few vehicles and objective based.

Okay ill try domination. That tank with flamethrowers kept.capping us during one game. My k bullets were usless as a scout. Thanks! Im a bug noob right now so ill switch up my playlist.

hurzelein

Why can't they just implement a system that, if you are in a random squad (without friends) and the squad leader hasn't marked any flag for 5 min after the beginning of the game, the squad leader goes to the next guy in the squad. No disadvantage for anyeone, 10 min to implement.

On the flip side I can't tell you how many people have freaked out and left my squads because I didn't issue an order absolutely immediately after the completing the last one.

Usually it's because I just died or I'm stuck in a firefight but people don't care, if they aren't receiving their squad order here and now they act like a baby and switch to another squad.

Patience is not a virtue apparently.

SHEF

So on twitter they claim the issues affecting PS4 players have all been resolved. But my rank and stats are still all at 0.

Top Bottom