• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Amory

Been waiting for like 5 days for Amazon to provide a delivery estimate for BF1. Still lists as out of stock for PS4.

Is there some known reason for why they haven't had any copies, or is the game just that popular??

chiliboy

the screen shaking would be fine its the damage and the part where it forces your plane to the ground you can't pull up from it or nothing you lose control and plummet

yeah that is the part that gets me, I might be in a plane going over for example "point a" and I see no one manning the AA - good - I then proceed to drop some flares or some bombs close by and when I have passed the AA someone jumps into it - and starts firing. As soon as the first boom hits I realise I have to try to outfly the AA - but quickly realise I cannot since the shots cause my plane to stop responding. That is the part that gets me, all it takes is 1-2 hits from the AA and your wings are busted or similar. Even with number 3 perk some planes have that repair you still only take 1 extra shot.

I do not know how they can balance it but I hope they will. The AA is super rewarding and super low risk.

Tecnniqe

Banned
yeah that is the part that gets me, I might be in a plane going over for example "point a" and I see no one manning the AA - good - I then proceed to drop some flares or some bombs close by and when I have passed the AA someone jumps into it - and starts firing. As soon as the first boom hits I realise I have to try to outfly the AA - but quickly realise I cannot since the shots cause my plane to stop responding. That is the part that gets me, all it takes is 1-2 hits from the AA and your wings are busted or similar. Even with number 3 perk some planes have that repair you still only take 1 extra shot.

I do not know how they can balance it but I hope they will. The AA is super rewarding and super low risk.
Dunno, not being a pilot myself I feel the AA guns are shooting BB's

Cynn

I agree 100% - Your options as a pilot are pretty much zero when someone starts AA fire in range. (And that range is massive) I hope DICE does something to counter this.

Edit: Even making the AA move a little shower would help. At least Fighters would have a better chance at escape while bombers would still be more vulnerable. Since bombers are a direct threat to infantry and more heavily armored it makes sense.

Oh I forgot to add. Basic small arms fire that does 1 damage per shot or so should not stop repairs in progress. Let it continue to damage the plane. But to be shot with a rifle from a medical when you're 300 meters away in the wing doesn't really make sense to stop the repairs of your plane.

Nameless

Finally tried 64 man Kaiserschlact

zC50bJf.gif

Henrar

Such a shame that after Operation you go back to main menu instead of going to next map in rotation/switching sides. It's quite irritating.

Anyone have a spot on the map appear where you and your teammates automatically die? Long after shooting down the blimp above the trenches of Ballroom Blitz, there was one area of the trench near where it fell that would cause any player on my team to instantly die with "Killed in Action" as the reason. There was no visual indicator of any kind such as wreckage, gas, smoke, fire, etc. It also happened to be on the main route from the defender spawn to objective B, so it seemed to give the attackers quite an advantage.

chiliboy

Anyone have a spot on the map appear where you and your teammates automatically die? Long after shooting down the blimp above the trenches of Ballroom Blitz, there was one area of the trench near where it fell that would cause any player on my team to instantly die with "Killed in Action" as the reason. There was no visual indicator of any kind such as wreckage, gas, smoke, fire, etc. It also happened to be on the main route from the defender spawn to objective B, so it seemed to give the attackers quite an advantage.

There are some types of this bug going around, there is one really annoying where if you spawn on the front or back MG on the airship you instantly die with "Killed in action" making it so your airship is gimped against enemy planes. Had it happen to us in a couple of operations this weekend...

So your bug does not sound farfetched, hopefully Dice can fix it!

Nyx

Was playing Conquest on Empire's Edge and thought I'd spawn on a boat to get to the other side of the map easier.
So I spawned in one of three boats at the spawn point and instantly die because there was an enemy boat sitting there, probably waiting for people to spawn on those boats for an easy kill.

After that I spawned at homebase, walked back a little to where the boats were and destroyed the enemy boat with my rocket gun.

Wonder how many kills he got sitting there though.

Was playing Conquest on Empire's Edge and thought I'd spawn on a boat to get to the other side of the map easier.
So I spawned in one of three boats at the spawn point and instantly die because there was an enemy boat sitting there, probably waiting for people to spawn on those boats for an easy kill.

After that I spawned at homebase, walked back a little to where the boats were and destroyed the enemy boat with my rocket gun.

Same thing happen to me. Heard it's a way to level up fast.

Mugenjin

It's not primarily about the kills but about repeatedly destroying the spawning boats since you can rank up fast (what's the point though) and pad your SPM.

sergons

Banned
Does anyone have experience with the Origin refund system? I'd like to test the performance because in the beta I've had constant drops to ~45fps and I think it might be because of my CPU (i5 3570k 3,4GHz).
You can easily overclock your cpu to 4.5Ghz, if you have the right motherboard and the cooler. The difference will be huge.

The Jesus-10 Hunter is what I bless people with.

I had 53 kills on Argonne Forest with that beast, it's so easy to kill people with it.

Woo-Fu

Banned
If the medals were easy they'd be worth even less than they already are. Wish they were a lot harder. They shouldn't be a box that people just check off on their way to "beat the game!"

*Splinter

If the medals were easy they'd be worth even less than they already are. Wish they were a lot harder. They shouldn't be a box that people just check off on their way to "beat the game!"
Apart from 2 or 3 stupid ones they are easy already, but I don't see what this has to do with the criticism of the weekly/tracking system.

Tecnniqe

Banned
"Easy" but to complete them all they force certain play styles. That among other things are bad design.

jaaz

Something doesn't seem to be working right with shotguns. Hit detection seems buggy at very close range.

Sometimes I get this:

GRammkX.gif

And other times I get this:

Rp5diGw.gif

Maybe it's just lag, I don't know.

chiliboy

Something doesn't seem to be working right with shotguns. Hit detection seems buggy at very close range.

Rp5diGw.gif

That is what we were discussing earlier in the thread!! Thank you for making it gif, its so damn strange. You got two hits on him REALLY close and only 99 dmg, and other times I have hit for 100 from waaaay afar with the hunter..

*Splinter

Sometimes I get this:

Looks reasonable to me. You were only getting partial hits.

Marc

Why does no one else seem to use spotting in this game?

It makes it so much easier to track and shoot at people with range, or even allow for other team members to shoot them if they go behind something. Yet I always seem to be the only guy using it.

Been focusing on team death match and operations now. Not enjoying the other game modes as much, the spawning is so random and confusing to me.

jaaz

That is what we were discussing earlier in the thread!! Thank you for making it gif, its so damn strange. You got two hits on him REALLY close and only 99 dmg, and other times I have hit for 100 from waaaay afar with the hunter..

NP! I'm glad I'm not the only one that's experienced this.

N° 2048

Why does no one else seem to use spotting in this game?

It makes it so much easier to track and shoot at people with range, or even allow for other team members to shoot them if they go behind something. Yet I always seem to be the only guy using it.

Been focusing on team death match and operations now. Not enjoying the other game modes as much, the spawning is so random and confusing to me.

Half the time spotting doesn't work, it's so frustrating yet I will still smash R1 regardless.

*Splinter

Half the time spotting doesn't work, it's so frustrating yet I will still smash R1 regardless.
It doesn't work if you mash it. You have to be much more deliberate with spotting in this game, to prevent people spamming the spot button to highlight targets they haven't even seen.

Tecnniqe

Banned

Sometimes I get this:

GRammkX.gif

Rp5diGw.gif

Can confirm. Got a hitreg so far in a guys face the gun was probably sticking out the other side and got "Headshot marker +8 damage"

Ok..

Not sure if lag, desync or the server disregarding all the projectiles from the gun due to there being too many calculations going on.

bosseye

Amazing how many squad leaders don't issue orders. Maybe because its not terribly well explained in game? Its just free points though! If you're keeping a vague eye on the capture points you can see which ones are being gained/lost and switch your orders to whichever is about to be captured/whichever you need to defend and then keep switching as required and really rack up hundreds of points for doing almost nothing.

jaaz

Looks reasonable to me. You were only getting partial hits.

True, not all hits were on the money, but if you look at at least the last one, it hit him square in the ass, but I still got only +33 damage.

The point is that at range it seems much easier to get 100% damage with the shotgun, but at close range, you have to hit your target right on the money to get 100%. Which of course makes no sense.

N° 2048

It doesn't work if you mash it. You have to be much more deliberate with spotting in this game, to prevent people spamming the spot button to highlight targets they haven't even seen.

Ahh ok thanks. I'll try to figure out the cooldown and be a little more thoughtful with it.

julrik

I've seen several people say this now, but I don't get it. I have no problems with spotting at all. Are you guys making sure you're aiming directly at them when spotting, or are you just aiming in close proximity?

My Model 10 Hunter is nothing like the one in those GIFs a few pages back. Must be a faulty unit. It's good...but I haven't been getting any mid-range OHKs.

I've seen several people say this now, but I don't get it. I have no problems with spotting at all. Are you guys making sure you're aiming directly at them when spotting, or are you just aiming in close proximity?

Sometimes I'll mark multiple people in close vicinity with one press, other times I'm ADS at a guy, spamming the button and nothing.

chiliboy

True, not all hits were on the money, but if you look at at least the last one, it hit him square in the ass, but I still got only +33 damage.

The point is that at range it seems much easier to get 100% damage with the shotgun, but at close range, you have to hit your target right on the money to get 100%. Which of course makes no sense.

Yeah in my head the last hit should at least have been 70+ dmg, it was straight on. I've seen similar on some YT videos, where they hit someone from behind straight on and it doesn't even register a hit marker, the other guy turns around and whips em down in 1-2 secs with automatico.

terrible

Banned

You basically had the barrel pressed against him for two of those shots. With proper hit reg all the pellets should've hit there, that's enough damage to kill him twice.

Marc

You do have to be pixel perfect sometimes it seems, yeah. If you zoom in its pretty straight forward unless they're really far away.

I do spam if there is a group of people as that sometimes works to highlight several at once.

Teamwork does seem really hard at times in this game, a squad will just all go their own ways and run around like headless chickens. Or I highlight a guy right next to someone else (assuming they will take care of it) and they'll just run right past them. Or assign an order to take a point and everyone ignores it so have to do it on my own. A lot of "as long as I can get my kill, then who cares about the rest" attitudes to a fair amount of players.

Tecnniqe

Banned
My Model 10 Hunter is nothing like the one in those GIFs a few pages back. Must be a faulty unit. It's good...but I haven't been getting any mid-range OHKs.

Sometimes I'll mark multiple people in close vicinity with one press, other times I'm ADS at a guy, spamming the button and nothing.
ADS at their center to upper body. Few pellets should more often then not hit the head a give some more damage and the rest of the pellets finish them off center mass.

Using different color code for head, body and kill hitreg shows that much better

*Splinter

You basically had the barrel pressed against him for two of those shots. With proper hit reg all the pellets should've hit there, that's enough damage to kill him twice.
First shot is to the right, second to the left, third hits the left arm, fourth shot is decent.

Also the pellet spread is somewhat random, so what worked once in a gif isn't a guaranteed one hit kill range.

Tovarisc

50 hours of MP behind me, maybe 40 BattlePacks [being generous in estimate] and 1 puzzle piece later for wrong weapon it just becomes pure chore to chase after those legendary melee weapons. Official Battlefield twitter ever retweeted someone unlocking Sawtooth and asking how many others have unlocked it, I guess they want people to realize how much bullshit BP's are.

Edit: If any mods are reading, please for love of God give us .webm support! I hate opening these 50MB pages of gif's.

Tecnniqe

Banned
50 hours of MP behind me, maybe 40 BattlePacks [being generous in estimate] and 1 puzzle piece later for wrong weapon it just becomes pure chore to chase after those legendary melee weapons. Official Battlefield twitter ever retweeted someone unlocking Sawtooth and asking how many others have unlocked it, I guess they want people to realize how much bullshit BP's are.

Edit: If any mods are reading, please for love of God give us .webm support! I hate opening these 50MB pages of gif's.

As someone who opened around 70-100 packs and got 1 about every 2 matches before they removed the MVP box its total bullshit. Got 4 pieces total and not even every unique Rev 1 skins and only 1 legendary.

It's fucked up. And ever since they removed MVP reward I've gotten maybe 5-7 total in the last week.

Broken ass system but it all changed once they put the paid BP into the game system.

Also yes, gifv and webm support would be sweet. I'm using a addon that makes gif into video but damn it would be nice for proper support.

Sometimes I get this:

GRammkX.gif

Rp5diGw.gif

First one you got a hit high center mass on someone running out of gas. Second one is partial hits. Not saying you're incorrect as I've definitely had some head-scratchers with the shotguns, but it's not a great example.

Top Bottom