• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

thejpfin

Yup, EA servers are down on PC too.
I didn't play much yesterday, because servers were down. Now they are down again. C'mon now EA. I want to play.

Palmer_v1

The interfaces in this game are some of the most abysmal I've ever seen. The gameplay is so fun, but I absolutely dread having to interact with it.

It's like there's a room with all of the best earthly delights, but to get in, I have to let a guy kick me in the balls then spit lemon juice into my eyes.

Can you imagine if the sequel to BF1 is a WWII game and it brings over Operations

You could have Operation Barbarossa with the siege of Stalingrad and the invasion of Europe with D-day and the invasion of Germany

Tovarisc

Can you imagine if the sequel to BF1 is a WWII game and it brings over Operations

You could have Operation Barbarossa with the siege of Stalingrad and the invasion of Europe with D-day and the invasion of Germany

50258361b5be8d10fc51a25454a2aa10db13ed842069d2938ed64b990f622a9c.jpg

Wha... What?!

Is this a thing? Which rifle? Exclusive to Sniper class? Gamechanger if so : )

Rifleman versions of bolt action rifles come without optics

Dalibor68

Banned
Just started the prologue and within 5seconds it's already devolved into a massacre-ze-germans shooting gallery. And even aside from that it feels cheap and unauthentic to me - trying to portray how gruesome this is yet you have me massacre 200 people within a minute and no gore at all as well as stereotypical flamethrower "boss enemies". Gonna wait until the servers are back up to test the performance in MP and then refund.

Also, what's the best AA solution? TAA is better than FXAA but still blurs the image. Is there a good sharpening sweetfx thing out yet?

*Splinter

I'd be a little surprised if this isn't exactly what we get next.

Battlefield 2, maybe?

I'd be a little surprised if this isn't exactly what we get next.

Battlefield 2, maybe?

Would like to see the switch it up and focus on the Pacific if they do WW2. Things like Peleliu, Guadalcanal, Iwo Jima, Manchuria, China, Burma etc. Imagine some deep jungle maps fighting as the 10th Gurkhas in this engine.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Man, I dunno what it is, but I am having the hardest time killing ANYONE these days. Not sure if it is lag or what, but even when I get the jump on them, I'll start shooting them, seemingly miss 85% of my shots, and they'll just turn around and kill me. Not sure what the problem is. I seem to have this problem in operations but not conquest.

It's okay, though, because I discovered mortars in operations. Yup, I am that guy. Mortaring people never gets old.

Oh yeah and Monte Grappa is just straight up broken in Ops. The Bunker objectives are simply idiotic. It's way too easy to hold. If more than half the team spawns inside the bunker with a few medics, you will never ever cap a Bunker.

Only way to capture those points is if the german team is comprised of idiots.

I dont think they are broken. Attacking team has to wise up. Best way to storm it is throw in a shit load of smoke and simply rush in together. The Elite helps and should be utilized by a competent teammate.

Once you rush in, its a matter of using your numbers to overwhelm the enemy. Lot easier if you guys cap A first too. If people are going to hide under there, they are going to get fucked on both ends of the entrances.

I am noticing attackers are getting quite decent at mounting an attack, but a couple of morons keep walking in alone and depleting tickets.

The console community desperately needs better Commo Rose for better organization.

Ive taken that bunker with a team, and have also defended it with a team. It doesnt seem as impossible as implied.

What sucks is that it can take a lot of effort and kill off a battalion, and by the time you get to the forest, you are fucked because you dont have enough to make it through the last map.

Wha... What?!

Is this a thing? Which rifle? Exclusive to Sniper class? Gamechanger if so : )
Gewehr 98. The Mauser Kar 98k used in WW2 is literally a shortened and more practical carbine version (Karabiner and k for kurz/short) of the Mauser Gewehr 98 from WW1, equipable as the Infantry version for the scout class.

Battlefield 1944 :3
Storming Omaha Beach and the sameFrench villages for the 367th time in video game history. Meanwhile every other area of the conflict outside of the Western Front and maybe one or two token missions in Russia will be ignored again ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
Nah, would rather have them do Battlefield 1.5 with way more focus on the French, Russians and Central powers (which might actually get some SP representation, impossible with the Axis in a WW2 game) and possibly the awesome conflicts in Africa and Germans/Austrians vs. Japanese in the Pacific. The last thing I want is another decade of US centric WWII shooters.

chiliboy

Anyone discovered the best graphics settings for visibility yet? :)

Im using all low and mesh quality on ultra, no hbao, no AA, resolution scale at 150 % at 1080p , brightness at 100 % - still feel like its hard to spot people sometimes in the distance / when running around :O

TheRed

I dont think they are broken. Attacking team has to wise up. Best way to storm it is throw in a shit load of smoke and simply rush in together. The Elite helps and should be utilized by a competent teammate.

Once you rush in, its a matter of using your numbers to overwhelm the enemy. Lot easier if you guys cap A first too. If people are going to hide under there, they are going to get fucked on both ends of the entrances.

I am noticing attackers are getting quite decent at mounting an attack, but a couple of morons keep walking in alone and depleting tickets.

The console community desperately needs better Commo Rose for better organization.

Ive taken that bunker with a team, and have also defended it with a team. It doesnt seem as impossible as implied.

What sucks is that it can take a lot of effort and kill off a battalion, and by the time you get to the forest, you are fucked because you dont have enough to make it through the last map.

Also the doors can be blown out and they stay blown up in between battalions, I don't think normal grenades do it but AT rocket gun and limpet should I think?

Whoever is doing the social network crap for this game needs their head examining.

They're creating WW1 memes in the worst way possible.

#justWWIthings I shit you not

Man, I dunno what it is, but I am having the hardest time killing ANYONE these days. Not sure if it is lag or what, but even when I get the jump on them, I'll start shooting them, seemingly miss 85% of my shots, and they'll just turn around and kill me. Not sure what the problem is. I seem to have this problem in operations but not conquest.

It's okay, though, because I discovered mortars in operations. Yup, I am that guy. Mortaring people never gets old.

Assuming you arent just plain missing, I read Operations puts you into regions outside of your own, so maybe that's why

Would like to see the switch it up and focus on the Pacific if they do WW2. Things like Peleliu, Guadalcanal, Iwo Jima, Manchuria, China, Burma etc. Imagine some deep jungle maps fighting as the 10th Gurkhas in this engine.

God yes. Going back to WW1 was so refreshing. The stone buildings, the villages, and vehicles, etc. Not a shitty building in sight or urban city that BF3 and BF4 was filled with.

But WW2 is going to amaze people with the Pacific content. Bright skies, thunderous storms, the Japanese, the planes, the jungles.. oh man, it will be so good

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
The game has been out for like a month and people are already talkin' about sequels.

Dicey Pls fix the matchmaking and the UI! Gracias!
Oh and if the loading times can be improved it would be peaches... peaches

Anyone discovered the best graphics settings for visibility yet? :)

Im using all low and mesh quality on ultra, no hbao, no AA, resolution scale at 150 % at 1080p , brightness at 100 % - still feel like its hard to spot people sometimes in the distance / when running around :O

I'm in the same boat man. Sometimes it's extremely hard to see enemies in the distance, which unfortunately gives camping Scouts/Medics a huge advantage. I think it's just where these maps are so detailed. It's one of those double-edged swords.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Assuming you arent just plain missing, I read Operations puts you into regions outside of your own, so maybe that's why

Now I may not be the best player in the world, but I can't imagine I am that bad! But it's certainly possible. I'm gonna check out my ping next time. Maybe that's it.

Gewehr 98. The Mauser Kar 98k used in WW2 is literally a shortened and more practical carbine version (Karabiner and k for kurz/short) of the Mauser Gewehr 98 from WW1, equipable as the Infantry version for the scout class.

Storming Omaha Beach and the sameFrench villages for the 367th time in video game history. Meanwhile every other area of the conflict outside of the Western Front and maybe one or two token missions in Russia will be ignored again ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
Nah, would rather have them do Battlefield 1.5 with way more focus on the French, Russians and Central powers (which might actually get some SP representation, impossible with the Axis in a WW2 game) and possibly the awesome conflicts in Africa and Germans/Austrians vs. Japanese in the Pacific. The last thing I want is another decade of US centric WWII shooters.
As long as EA is the publisher and the USA as the main market, its never gonna happen. As part of the DLC I can se Africa and Pacific. But as its own game, never.

Thanks for the replies. How does the M97 compare to the Model 10?
I'm late on this, but basically the 12g is fast and low damage, the model 10 is slow and big damage, and the m97 is middle ground.

The problem is that the model 10 doesn't fire that much slower than the m97, so it gets a big boost on damage without much of a downside. Shotguns also act like actual shotguns in this game in that they don't just fire a wall of pellets that hit everything on your screen, so you have to aim and with the m97s low control it's kinda hard to pop of all five shots at top speed and actually hit anything. People act like anything that's not the model-10 is useless but the m97 is entirely useable, it's just a labor of love.

Also Model 10 ain't OP.

Alpende

Whoever is doing the social network crap for this game needs their head examining.

They're creating WW1 memes in the worst way possible.

#justWWIthings I shit you not

Yeah, I saw that yesterday. Awful way to promote the game.

EDIT: Seems they also thought it was distasteful, they removed the tweet.

jaaz

your aim was off, plain and simple
http://ezgif.com/split/e0cb8b0fff.gif

shot 1, whiff:
frame_19_delay-0.03s.gif

shot 2, partial:
frame_43_delay-0.03s.gif

frame_44_delay-0.04s.gif

shot 3, barely partial:
frame_68_delay-0.03s.gif

frame_69_delay-0.03s.gif

shot 4, where you're dragging across his body and probably overshot:
frame_90_delay-0.04s.gif

frame_91_delay-0.03s.gif

frame_92_delay-0.03s.gif

frame_93_delay-0.04s.gif

ezgif-2253129457.gif

Yup. Case closed.

Lol, I don't want the shotgun nerfed either. But you can't ignore something is not right here. I already said my aim was off on that gif, but that doesn't explain how you can be off at much farther range and get the kill in one-shot. There are numerous examples of crazy range kills. I can upload a few gifs if you want.

chiliboy

I'm in the same boat man. Sometimes it's extremely hard to see enemies in the distance, which unfortunately gives camping Scouts/Medics a huge advantage. I think it's just where these maps are so detailed. It's one of those double-edged swords.

Glad to hear I'm not alone. BF4 was fine with the same try hard settings as I wrote but this game just has strange visibility at times :O Argonne forest is the worst offender for me, I cannot see shit at times. Dont get me started on the fog and storm effects.. god xD

theapg

Man, if you are on a good team in Domination you really rack up the points quickly. I've been getting like 4000 then a 1.5x multiplier, so around 6000 in 10 minutes. That shits on my average score of ~150 per minute from conquest/operations.

Top Bottom