• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

I've played exactly 0 minutes of Scout so far. I want to try them out, but I hate sniping in games. Do they have any bolt action guns that work well at medium range? Something similar to the Medic's rifles?

Tovarisc

I've played exactly 0 minutes of Scout so far. I want to try them out, but I hate sniping in games. Do they have any bolt action guns that work well at medium range? Something similar to the Medic's rifles?

People use default bolt action rifle, SMLE, as medium range rifle. You could also look into Russian lever action or K95 as they have fast fire rates.

when sniping what happens when you change the distance from 75, 100 300 etc

Zeroing point of aimpoint changes. Bullet travels through aimpoint at 75m, 100m, 300m.... meaning you don't need compensate for bullet drop when shooting at target e.g. 100m out when using 100m distance setting. If target is 100m out and your distance setting is 75m you need put aimpoint just tad above targets head in order to land headshot.

Hjod

Banned

Gewehr M.95 Infantry, it's not the best but so satisfying when you nail someone with it.

Surfinn

I've gotta say I don't get the complaints about sniping. I'm rank 50 now and they're the least of my concerns, even on open maps. I do get sniped from time to time but it's usually because I lingered out in the open for too long, or they were just in a good position.

If you're spawning and advancing smart and running with your team/squad, you won't have to worry too much.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Had 3 games where the entire enemy team flamed me for being a "shotgun noob" so I asked them if Hellreich was ok and they said yes; only to proceed to totally and utterly annihilate them even more.

Suddenly the chat was dead and the enemy team was almost empty.

I let the first teabagging slide, but killed the video after the second.

I just don't get how people get entertainment out of doing this. This shit was dumb back in the Halo days, can't believe it's still so common.

Same here. When they highlighted the HI-LARIOUS chat text I closed the video. I'm too old for this "salty" and "u mad" stuff.

Tovarisc

Had 3 games where the entire enemy team flamed me for being a "shotgun noob" so I asked them if Hellreich was ok and they said yes; only to proceed to totally and utterly annihilate them even more.

"You hate seeing me with broken weapon so would it be okay if I swapped to another broken weapon?"

I like how you think.

Surfinn

I think shotguns are pretty damn cheap, but I'm not gunna rage out or even comment on it. Most people that do are gunna suck anyway.

Tecnniqe

Banned
I think shotguns are pretty damn cheap, but I'm not gunna rage out or even comment on it. Most people that do are gunna suck anyway.

I'm not sure anymore. I'm starting to think people rage over them because shotguns are mostly trash tier in every game ever.

It's actually functioning on ranges its supposed to right now.

Ralemont

not me

I just don't get how people get entertainment out of doing this. This shit was dumb back in the Halo days, can't believe it's still so common.

Teabagging's great when it's earned, but in that vid the dude just caught people off their guard and shot them uncontested, then teabagged. Soiling the good name of teabagging, I say!

Tovarisc

That's irrelevant given that they've used the Battlefront name again.

One could say that Battlefront 2015 was reboot of IP and name making reuse of name okay. Battlefield is franchise that is going strong with a lot recognition for titles under its name. Calling next Battlefield game "Battlefield 2" would create a lot confusion from marketing to forum discussions because people would keep confusing it to Battlefield 2 from 2005.

MorshuTheTrader

Neo Member
Have Dice announced what sort of benefits BF1 will be getting for PS4 pro (if any)? Or if it'll be ready for the pro's release? I assume they're being quiet on this because of the marketing deal with MS, but I might've missed it somewhere.

FX-GMC

Can u get rid of the scopes on any of the carbines for scout? Im forced to use a glass scope of some kind on those. Is the MK the only non scoped rifle?

Anything that says Infantry in the name should be scope-less for the Scout class.

Infantry = No Scope
Marksman = up to 4x scope
Sniper = up to 10x scope

I think that's right.

Tovarisc

Can u get rid of the scopes on any of the carbines for scout? Im forced to use a glass scope of some kind on those. Is the MK the only non scoped rifle?

Every rifle scout has access to has variant without any optics. Level 10 rifle comes only as ironsights variant.

Surfinn

I'm not sure anymore. I'm starting to think people rage over them because shotguns are mostly trash tier in every game ever.

Meh you don't need to aim as long as you need to with other guns and you don't even need to be accurate. Not impressive. That's why I think it's cheap. But when I get blasted with one I just kinda groan and respawn. You don't need a shotgun to be successful in close combat.

terrible

Banned

If someone is camping in a corner and I still manage to turn around and kill them that's a 'baggin.

Tovarisc

It becomes balance question when shotgun can compete against SMG, LMG and DMR in their respective range windows while killing in 1-2 hits. Shotguns as weapon class are very difficult to balance for any game that tries to achieve goal of giving every weapon class own optimal range windows.

Tecnniqe

Banned
It becomes balance question when shotgun can compete against SMG, LMG and DMR in their respective range windows while killing in 1-2 hits. Shotguns as weapon class are very difficult to balance for any game that tries to achieve goal of giving every weapon class own optimal range windows.

True, but while they are powerful in a lot of ranges, as they should, at the same time due to ROF if you miss the first shot you're most likely dead.

Hobbes211

True, but while they are powerful in a lot of ranges, as they should, at the same time due to ROF if you miss the first shot you're most likely dead.

This weekend I decided to give shotguns a try. Even the starter shotgun is a no contest versus most other guns in the shotguns optimal range. If you turn a corner and someone is within medium range you can miss twice or even three times and still come out on top since the gun shoots at pretty much semi auto speed. They are unbelievably powerful. I've never had more fun on Suez until I tried shotguns.

Tecnniqe

Banned
This weekend I decided to give shotguns a try. Even the starter shotgun is a no contest versus most other guns in the shotguns optimal range. If you turn a corner and someone is within medium range you can miss twice or even three times and still come out on top since the gun shoots at pretty much semi auto speed. They are unbelievably powerful. I've never had more fun on Suez until I tried shotguns.

Well it depends who you play against as well and their awareness.

Some people manage to combat shotguns well but most don't.

I just love the boomstick feeling of it.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
People use default bolt action rifle, SMLE, as medium range rifle. You could also look into Russian lever action or K95 as they have fast fire rates.

Zeroing point of aimpoint changes. Bullet travels through aimpoint at 75m, 100m, 300m.... meaning you don't need compensate for bullet drop when shooting at target e.g. 100m out when using 100m distance setting. If target is 100m out and your distance setting is 75m you need put aimpoint just tad above targets head in order to land headshot.

damnnn I started doing that and started getting headshots like 300-350 out wow...

If you have a DMR or LMG and lose to a shotgun at their optimal medium range you either weren't at full health, took too long to acquire your target, missed a bunch, or are using a very liberal definition of mid range or a very conservative definition of close range.

nin1000

Banned
So, i just bought this game. Coming back into this series after BF3.
I like it so far but have some questions towards the unlocks.
What mode should be played in order to unlock those class based weapons ( Medic ).
I know that they will have to be unlocked and bought so theres that.
Just wanted to know a good suggestion on how to farm them in the best possible play.

Tovarisc

So, i just bought this game. Coming back into this series after BF3.
I like it so far but have some questions towards the unlocks.
What mode should be played in order to unlock those class based weapons ( Medic ).
I know that they will have to be unlocked and bought so theres that.
Just wanted to know a good suggestion on how to farm them in the best possible play.

Conquest or Operations. Latter getting a lot love in OT.

JDB

Banned
I feel like they really nailed the weapon-pickups this time around. In BF4 they were alright, but not that impactful all things considered. In BF1 they can really help you capture objectives or push through chokepoints, especially if you have a buddy healing you up on the go. The one with the SMG-type gun is probably my favorite. It kills people sooo fast.

drotahorror

Why is there only ever like two conquest servers, or two domination servers that are populated on PC? Is there really only say, 130ish people playing conquest on PC in NA?

Repo Man

Not being able to mess around with your loadouts in the main menu is so lame. If they wan't me to use an app/webpage then at the very least please make it a battlelog style thing like in BF4 where when you launch the game from Origin you get taken straight to battlelog where you "prep" and then pick a server and join a game.

Not being able to customize loadouts and buy equipment in the main menu is absolutely absurd, I can't believe it launched like that. Also, you STILL can't chat between rounds, a problem that has existed since BF3.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Not being able to customize loadouts and buy equipment in the main menu is absolutely absurd, I can't believe it launched like that. Also, you STILL can't chat between rounds, a problem that has existed since BF3.

IIRC the function is there ... but disabled.

I feel like they really nailed the weapon-pickups this time around. In BF4 they were alright, but not that impactful all things considered. In BF1 they can really help you capture objectives or push through chokepoints, especially if you have a buddy healing you up on the go. The one with the SMG-type gun is probably my favorite. It kills people sooo fast.

Yep! At first I hated the idea of them, but since they are located at certain flags, it makes holding those flags pretty useful.

I love them

Orcus

I've gotta say I don't get the complaints about sniping. I'm rank 50 now and they're the least of my concerns, even on open maps. I do get sniped from time to time but it's usually because I lingered out in the open for too long, or they were just in a good position.

If you're spawning and advancing smart and running with your team/squad, you won't have to worry too much.
I think a lot of that is left over from the beta. That map was a sniper haven and I believe there was a small bullet velocity Nerf post beta.

Tecnniqe

Banned
It's ridiculous that I have to go into a game and wait for a plane to spawn if I want to edit my pilot and plane loadouts. Oops, someone grabbed the plane before you clicked! Now you get to wait more, all the while taking up a slot on your team whilst you do nothing.

Well you can use the companion app for most things but in my experience all that does is reset my loadouts so fuggit.

AFK4Lyfe

Orcus

I agree, I think it's in bad form. That is unless it's one of my friends who couldn't get on the same team right after joining. Then I teabag like a jazzercise video on fast forward.

Top Bottom