• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Orcus

Speaking of the campaign, I need to finish it. I only finish the prologue and the runner. I started "Through Mud and Blood & Avanti Savoia" and got half way through them.
Me too. I got through a few missions when the servers were down, but I can't stop playing MP...

N° 2048

Have not been playing anything but Operations and Domination, especially Domination. Need to get back into Rush...

CQ is pretty blah to be honest. DM/TDM are what they are too. Have yet to try War Pigeons.

I've tried each of the games modes once and didn't like them much

Operations - Yes please. That's the one. Could replay those over and over. Me and my friends cycle the maps.

The Italy story in the campaign is a little ridiculous. I felt like I was playing WWI Master Chief as I'm mowing down dozens of soldiers without any fear of dying in the first part. Then they top off the first part with shooting down twenty planes with an AA gun as they're all flying specifically to bomb me from multiple directions. I actually laughed out loud at the AA part.

My buddy spent one of his first games of BF1 repairing my tank and getting killed by the enemy Zeppelin, and he made this simple video to commemorate it; it cracked me up, and I figured some of you guys might find it funny too. It's the classic Battlefield experience :)

Has some colourful language in a sample at the end, so be careful:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yREc6swfI9U

jaaz

AA gun was occupied yesterday, so on a whim I got on the mounted machine gun next to it to shoot at the blimp. Um, that little gun does massive damage to the blimp. FYI. Lol

dab0ne

I've lost the last 7 games I've played on conquest. We'll be winning then the other team gets the super vehicle then wins. Or we'll get it and can't do shit with it.

Nameless

MG15 is probably the best support gun next to the BAR. Its really good also.
Better at range and offcourse more a support gun with the large mag.

Yeah I have 10 stars with the thing already(Suppressive variant). Once you get used to the recoil it absolutely destroys. Favorite gun in the game despite the slow-to-ready time. The noise and tracers it produces can basically puts a glowing green "Shoot me" sign above you, though.

noomi

There is a section under advanced controls that seems like it lets you let different vehicle/turret/place sensitivities... but they don;t actually seem to affect anything for me....

I just want to change plane and tank turret sensitivity, not everything :(

how-to-change-tank-sensivity-in-battlefield-1.png

Changing those options literally make no difference if set at 0% or 200%

clo1_2000

Banned
<-----Been hooked since FFI. I got that game and could not put it down. First game I ever bought a strategy guide for as well. This game basically got me hooked on JRPGs and though I don't get around to them nearly as often as I used to, I have been able to finish a few lately: Legend of Legacy, Fantasy Life, all 3 of the Fire Emblems, and a couple of eShop JRPGs.

I am currently enjoying the hell out of World of Final Fantasy, and in fact, looking at this versus what I've seen and the demo of XV, I'm not actually looking forward to it. It's become to "actiony" for this old-school gamer.

FX-GMC

<-----Been hooked since FFI. I got that game and could not put it down. First game I ever bought a strategy guide for as well. This game basically got me hooked on JRPGs and though I don't get around to them nearly as often as I used to, I have been able to finish a few lately: Legend of Legacy, Fantasy Life, all 3 of the Fire Emblems, and a couple of eShop JRPGs.

I am currently enjoying the hell out of World of Final Fantasy, and in fact, looking at this versus what I've seen and the demo of XV, I'm not actually looking forward to it. It's become to "actiony" for this old-school gamer.

lol

Welcome to the BF1 OT

Hjod

Banned

Haha, good to know! ;)

Fuck this game is great when the teams are even and one team wins by like 50 points.

Awesome.

Make sure you give squad orders

terrible

Banned
I've lost the last 7 games I've played on conquest. We'll be winning then the other team gets the super vehicle then wins. Or we'll get it and can't do shit with it.

The behemoth crap ruins CQ and Operations for me. I just don't find that mechanic fun in the least and I don't think a losing team deserves a crutch like that. It's not that it really helps a team make a comeback, it's just it's not fun having to focus on it instead of playing the game normally.

Nameless

The behemoth crap ruins CQ and Operations for me. I just don't find that mechanic fun in the least and I don't think a losing team deserves a crutch like that. It's not that it really helps a team make a comeback, it's just it's not fun having to focus on it instead of playing the game normally.

Between Behemoths and some of the friendliest aim-assist you'll find anywhere, DICE/EA were definitely prioritizing for parity here. Those are probably my biggest issues right now as they inject a cheapness that can bring down an otherwise mind blowing game.

Orcus

nothing but conquest and operations
I can't believe I'm saying this, since I hated how it was implemented in Battlefront, but I would really appreciate a playlist of Operations, Conquest, and Rush. Operations is so long I think it would balance out well with people's preference for it as rush and conquest are shorter games. It would only be worth it if they could get parties to move over seamlessly between modes though. It would be nice to also have a playlist feature for Domination, War Pigeons, and TDM. I don't play those that much at all, but sometimes it's a nice break and having variety without having to move your party across servers every map would be nice.

terrible

Banned
Between Behemoths and some of the friendliest aim-assist you'll find anywhere, DICE/EA were definitely prioritizing for parity here. Those are probably my biggest issues right now as they inject a cheapness that can bring down an otherwise mind blowing game.

Add Elite Classes to my list of things to whine about.

Everything about this game outside of graphics is a step back from BF4 really. Big disappointment.

BizzyBum

In the second campaign mission when
You began to control the pigeon with that music playing
supposed to be funny? Cause I was dead.

The Beard

We need Behemoth free servers. They're pathetic. They take away 6 teammates who should be capping /defending flags and now they're just working on their K/D. I think I've seen one Behemoth comeback in 40+ hours of Conquest. All they do is delay the inevitable. That teams is going to lose, just put them out of their misery and let this damn match end already.

Orcus

I don't like it as is. I think the behemoth would be kinda cool if it was quite a but easier to kill turrets on it, had longer turret respawn, a bit of a healthy buff to make it harder to take out, and had a dedicated spawn point.

This would make it's primary purpose as a mobile spawn point, keep the teeth in it so it's still useful as an offensive weapon, but make it easier for ground forces to knock out those teeth if it's being too effective.

They should atleast nerf the health of the behemoths, so that a well coordinated team can quickly destroy it
The dreadnought isn't that bad because you can hide from hit. But the blimp is constantly above your head, not to mention the train being all up in your face.

terrible

Banned
I'll never understand the BF4 hate. The game is absolutely amazing. One of my favorite MP games of all time.

Agreed. As it evolved over time in regards to balancing and DLC it became pretty god-tier for an online FPS.

The same can happen with BF1 and I'm not writing the game off by any means but as the game is now I'm disappointed that it's not better than it is.

I don't like it as is. I think the behemoth would be kinda cool if it was quite a but easier to kill turrets on it, had longer turret respawn, a bit of a healthy buff to make it harder to take out, and had a dedicated spawn point.

This would make it's primary purpose as a mobile spawn point, keep the teeth in it so it's still useful as an offensive weapon, but make it easier for ground forces to knock out those teeth if it's being too effective.

As it is now it's basically just this thing that spawns in so the losing team can pad their K/D. That's all it adds to the game.

Orcus

So at first I loved the BAR, but after some more play time I don't think it's the best support weapon for consoles. It's obviously the best support weapon on PC, but I think the small magazine size and reduced ability to control recoil on consoles make me less effective than when I'm using other LMGs. That's my controversial opinion of the day!

Normally I agree but it seems, for me anyway, that people are starting to catch on to how vulnerable they can be and are actively working to take them down. The only one that ever gives me a headache anymore is the Dreadnaught on Fao Fortress Operations. I still maintain that it's just about impossible to take out with a competant pilot since you aren't given any boats and only exposed field guns to fight it.

Orcus

I'll never understand the BF4 hate. The game is absolutely amazing. One of my favorite MP games of all time.
I honestly agree with these people during and after the launch, but I think most of the hate comes from people who didn't stick it out through the initial 6 months or didn't check it out after the majority of the CTE/DICE LA changes. It became an amazing game later in it's life, still somewhat flawed, but amazing.

Orcus

Normally I agree but it seems, for me anyway, that people are starting to catch on to how vulnerable they can be and are actively working to take them down. The only one that ever gives me a headache anymore is the Dreadnaught on Fao Fortress Operations. I still maintain that it's just about impossible to take out with a competant pilot since you aren't given any boats and only exposed field guns to fight it.
Yeah, that's just a bad balance decision. The defenders should have two boats available for when the dreadnaught comes in.

Algebrah

I honestly agree with these people during and after the launch, but I think most of the hate comes from people who didn't stick it out through the initial 6 months or didn't check it out after the majority of the CTE/DICE LA changes. It became an amazing game later in it's life, still somewhat flawed, but amazing.

I am with you. I never really experienced any BF4 issues and it was an awesome game that I sank at least 60 hours into.

Mahonay

Banned
I'm actually completely fine with Behemoths in Conquest, they add to the general 64 player Battlefield chaos, which is what I come to for in this series in the first place. Losing teams getting an injection of life is better for a consistent back and forth battle, instead of the losing team getting absolutely pounded into dust more often than not. And the maps are plenty big enough that you can keep your distance from them while other teammates chip away at it.

Behemoths in Operations? I hate it. Often times there'a just no escape from the death raining down on you, whilst your simultaneously trying to defend your base from the attackers constantly rushing at you. I almost never play Operations because of the ridiculousness of Behemoths in that game mode.

Top Bottom