• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Yeah I started using the Jesus 10-A bless and I am having fun with it alot! Took me awhile to get a hang of it.

BTW do I have you on PS4 iirc? PSN and Origin are the same as my GAF name,

You don't but feel free to add me. Luvs_2_Squidge is my PSN name. I go on pretty much every night at 10PM UK time and I play for a few hours.

I've got around 4-5 players who are never on all at once so having an extra hand in the team would be brilliant. Especially another shotty.

question

yesterday at the end of the round the scoreboard screen and everything was in a loop just loading until the next round started. Did i get the XP of the round? because i was playing scout and assault for most of the time to rank it up and on scout i`m still at 0-1 Rank very close to rank 1 but it feels like i should have at least ranked up once.

which points count towards the class rank in the top left corner? Not all of the final score after the round, right? because i would rank up much faster if that was the case.

You don't but feel free to add me. Luvs_2_Squidge is my PSN name. I go on pretty much every night at 10PM UK time and I play for a few hours.

I've got around 4-5 players who are never on all at once so having an extra hand in the team would be brilliant. Especially another shotty.

will do. I am mostly 7 pm EST 10 pm EST throughout the week. Weekends my time varies alot :lol But send me a invite or join my party if you ever see me playing!

JDB

Banned
question

yesterday at the end of the round the scoreboard screen and everything was in a loop just loading until the next round started. Did i get the XP of the round? because i was playing scout and assult for most of the time to rank it up and on scout i`m still at 0-1 Rank very close to rank 1 but it feels like i should have at least rank up once.

which points count towards the class rank in the top left corner? Not all of the final score after the round, right? because i would rank up like crazy if that was the case.
You get XP regardless. Hell, you can quit halfway through a match and you'll still keep the XP you earned in that match. Also, the bonus XP you see in the end of the round screen is actually given to you right as the game ends as well. You can hear and sometimes even see the points for a splitsecond.

will do. I am mostly 7 pm EST 10 pm EST throughout the week. Weekends my time varies alot :lol But send me a invite or join my party if you ever see me playing!

That's like 11pm to 2AM for me so weekdays I might not make you for much but weekend I'm sure we'll meet up.

Since switching to the model 10 I've been topping 70 kills in a round and taking out around 4-5 tanks per game.

The best thing is I'm the worst person out of all my mates so you can imagine the destruction

Hjod

Banned
So when I'm trying to rank up the class that I'm currently playing, does all xp/points go into the class progression or only points awarded for class specific points (heals, resupplies)?

So when I'm trying to rank up the class that I'm currently playing, does all xp/points go into the class progression or only points awarded for class specific points (heals, resupplies)?

All xp goes into whatever class you are currently spawned as. It's possible to progress on multiple classes if you switch between them on the fly.

As for match bonus..... I've no idea

All xp goes into whatever class you are currently spawned as. It's possible to progress on multiple classes if you switch between them on the fly.

As for match bonus..... I've no idea

so if i play as medic and make lots of points and just before the round ends switch to scout, my scout gets all the xp? or do you mean it saves the xp that i got individually between the classes. Lets say i made 10000 with medic and later 4000 with scout it is seperated at the end? i guess the later right? would make more sense.

so if i play as medic and make lots of points and just before the round end switch to scout, my scout gets all the xp?

No what I mean is if you play medic - all XP in that life will go towards medic progression

If you then spawn as a scout - all the XP in that life will go towards scout progression

I'm not sure how match bonus at the end goes because sometimes match ends while you aren't even spawned so... I'm thnking match bonus must just go towards character level

Firebrand

You get XP regardless. Hell, you can quit halfway through a match and you'll still keep the XP you earned in that match. Also, the bonus XP you see in the end of the round screen is actually given to you right as the game ends as well. You can hear and sometimes even see the points for a splitsecond.
Hmm, I wonder. I know I lose all progress every time I crash - XP, class XP, medal progress etc. Doesn't matter if I wait for that game to finish before launching the game again.

Enjoy the Model-10 while you can boys.

You have news regarding.......

raw

A NERF??

I just beat the campaign about an hour ago. Overall, I found it to be pretty but middling. Mediocre AI, repetitive missions, and some crappy open world gameplay. I also had one asshat appear out of nowhere, in front of me when I was in a bunker, and take me out with one hit. That made me respawn outside of the bunker and across the battlefield a bit.

It has its moments, and some of the stories are quite interesting, but it's nothing I'd ever want to play again. And the multiplayer isn't for me. So I'm glad I got a refund for the copy I bought, and then just borrowed it from the library to finish it off.

There are five holds on it, so I'll return it soon.

EDIT: That train boss battle was pretty awful.

WillyFive

Am I going to be at a huge disadvantage online with a gamepad on PC? Or is it less of an issue because of the scale of the battles?

You will still be at a disadvantage playing against KB+M players (since you will not be able to make the turns they can make), but it will be less of a disadvantage as previous games, since aim assist will help you stay competitive.

Theorry

I never knew this was a hotly debated issue.

Is everyone pissed at how brilliant it is?

The discussion is everyday now haha.
People just want to nerf finally a good shotgun in a game. Like every game almost.
The range compared to a BF4 shotgun is alot less. But just because there are now not so many guns in the game compared to BF4 you see the shotgun alot more. So people have the feeling they get killed more with it etc. So tend to say "nerf" faster But i explained that yesterday haha. ;)

Vanmunt

Banned
I must say the matchmaking needs sorting, playing operations against squads of lvl 60-70 when your squad average is around 15 isn't any fun at all.... especially as I was constantly killed by people inside walls, I mean seriously you are level 70 and using glitches/exploits to get more kills.. well done sir.

I love using the field guns on Argonne Forest. I got five kills with one right at the beginning of my first match today. Using them, and that reload animation/sound, is so incredibly satisfying.

I also just love using the field guns in general. Haha

Looking for some people to play with, I'm in UK and often online various times throughout the day until late.

PSN is KylieDog, if send a FR please put BF1 Gaf or something so I know it not random.

Prefer mic users so can chat.

The discussion is everyday now haha.
People just want to nerf finally a good shotgun in a game. Like every game almost.
The range compared to a BF4 shotgun is alot less. But just because there are now not so many guns in the game compared to BF4 you see the shotgun alot more. So people have the feeling they get killed more with it etc. So tend to say "nerf" faster But i explained that yesterday haha. ;)

I really hope they dont. With the Model 10 and a revolver and the dynamite I honestly feel invincible.

I regularly squad wipe not to mention single handedly fuck a tank.

I get OHKO sniped from across the map by some camping little bitch - I don't shout nerf the snipers because they are just doing their job effectively

Looking for some people to play with, I'm in UK and often online various times throughout the day until late.

PSN is KylieDog, if send a FR please put BF1 Gaf or something so I know it not random.

Prefer mic users so can chat.

Add me Luvs_2_Squidge because I will forget to add you! I am on PSN most nights

Man

the howdah pistol has one of the coolest animations.

He spins it around his fingers sometimes. So satisfying when that happens before you get a kill.

chiliboy

Anyone else's medals still messed up and keep reseting or reverting to last weeks? [PS4]

yepp, on PC.
I got first stage of one of the new medals done and now I have all of my old finished medals only.
The most annoying thing as usual is how silent Dice is.

Donos

Did they bring the little "chirp" back in this when you kill someone? The one that was in BF3 but was removed in BF4?

I really hope they dont. With the Model 10 and a revolver and the dynamite I honestly feel invincible.

I regularly squad wipe not to mention single handedly fuck a tank.
Tank bit aside that sounds pretty OP for me, especially if you have problems pulling that off with other weapons. Though I guess there were quite a few USAS-12 Frag enthusiasts on in the BF3 OT back then as well ^^.

Theorry

any TLDR for us at work?
I use hatchet on all except anti vehicle assault setup, since hatchet is high dmg (finisher) and allows to remove obstacles like barbed wire and wooden stuff.

Hatchet for him also. Because of those reasons. But overall melee stuff is not that regular that its a must have really.

Tank bit aside that sounds pretty OP for me, especially if you have problems pulling that off with other weapons. Though I guess there were quite a few USAS-12 Frag enthusiasts on in the BF3 OT back then as well ^^.

USAS was broken. Just like Mass. There was alot broken in BF3 at the beginning haha.
The model 10 not broken at all. Its just strong when used the right way and you get yourself in the situation where is shotgun is strong. You should get rewarded then.

Theorry

I do not. But some beautiful things are just not meant for this world.

V5gmn0Y.gif

See nothing wrong with that imo. The first one is just over the shotgun range and it results you cant one shot him. You backed off and the cover saved you from some more damage and time for a second shot. You would probably been dead if you didnt backed of. The second and third kill are the perfect ranges for a shotgun.

web01

Model 10 is not OP.
Its good in close range but the pump action is long enough that if you miss or fight multiple competent players you are done. Often when you get a 1 shot kill at range its because the enemy was already injured alot.

See nothing wrong with that imo. The first one is just over the shotgun range and it results you cant one shot him. You backed off and the cover saved you from some more damage and time for a second shot. You would probably been dead if you didnt backed of. The second and third kill are the perfect ranges for a shotgun.

Totally agree. He didn't even ADS. That last kill could have been from further range tbf.

Model 10 is not OP.
Its good in close range but the pump action is long enough that if you miss or fight multiple competent players you are done. Often when you get a 1 shot kill at range its because the enemy was already injured alot.

If you play correctly you can squad wipe at close range easily.

bosseye

Question GAF! When I'm a passenger in a flametank, I can't use the flamethrower. The two seats which are flamethrower don't do anything, press R2, nothing. Hopping to another seat and I can use the machine gun fine.

Da fuq?

Top Bottom