• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Tovarisc

Wonder what BF is doing differently from CoD. In CoD you can be super consistent with shotguns, but in BF you roll dice with every single shot and see if anything register. Inconsistent as fuck.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
What's up with this shitty medal system? Shit keeps resetting to last week's medals, and then back to this week's, then back to last week's.

Fuck.

Vaga

Can't express how ecstatic I am about tank combat in this game. It's so reminiscent of the old 1942-43 and even BC1 for that matter. No more fucking guided missiles bullshit.

Love the fuck out of the A7V schoolbus, had a full party of 6 plus another crazy mofo repairing from the outside, quite an intense round to say the least.

14859816_1335202536513060_1263360283614524577_o.jpg

Woo-Fu

Banned
Wonder what BF is doing differently from CoD. In CoD you can be super consistent with shotguns, but in BF you roll dice with every single shot and see if anything register. Inconsistent as fuck.

Well, if you were strafing right before/during the shot it could have gone anywhere, don't forget how much BF punishes you for that.

Pheace

So tired of running somewhere while keeping sprint pressed, seeing an enemy, hitting F for charge and instead just whiffing a pointless melee hit instead of flying into a charge. What the hell

Hjod

Banned
That reminds me how nice it is to have official servers on PC so I don't have to wade through the tons shitty servers with dumb rules and game settings.

I remeber when the servers got jacked in BF3, I got kicked, weapons were forbidden and it was the same two levels haha.

Btw, MGs for the Support is so damn good.

DirtyLarry

Havent tried Domination or Team Death Match yet.
I'll try Domination tonight then
Not sure if you are on PC or console but on PC there is the choice for 40 or 64 players, and I suggest 64 players.
It is the closest I think a video game has gotten to recreating the madness (in a good way) of what actual war may be like. It is controlled chaos.

5taquitos

Domination is my favorite mode right now as I get a handle on all the different weapons. So easy to play a bunch of 5-10 minute rounds.

terrible

Banned
Not sure if you are on PC or console but on PC there is the choice for 40 or 64 players, and I suggest 64 players.
It is the closest I think a video game has gotten to recreating the madness (in a good way) of what actual war may be like. It is controller chaos.

You mean Operations. You don't have a choice right now anyway but Dom is only fun with small player counts.

Mahonay

Banned
Primary reason? Bullet spread varies in Battledfield, it doesn't in CoD.

Maximus P

Was playing a game of operations today and the enemies blimp got insta-killed right at the start of the match, like, i litteraly flew right towards from spawn and watched it explode.

I have no idea WTF happened there.

CHC

Was playing a game of operations today and the enemies blimp got insta-killed right at the start of the match, like, i litteraly flew right towards from spawn and watched it explode.

I have no idea WTF happened there.

Blimps are pretty buggy from what I've seen. There's also another bug where none of the guns are usable, apparently.

JJShadow

I decided to give Assault a chance (I've been playing mainly Medic since I bought the game) and I'm really enjoying it, I think it suits much better my aggresive playstyle, I'd rather be on the front line than camping for kills. Also managed to destroy 3 enemy tanks in my last match, feels good man

What's your weapon of choice for Assault (besides the Hellrieger)? Been trying the Automatico and I find it quite good, really nice fire rate

terrible

Banned
I decided to give Assault a chance (I've been playing mainly Medic since I bought the game) and I'm really enjoying it, I think it suits much better my aggresive playstyle, I'd rather be on the front line than camping for kills. Also managed to destroy 3 enemy tanks in my last match, feels good man

What's your weapon of choice for Assault (besides the Hellrieger)? Been trying the Automatico and I find it quite good, really nice fire rate

Try blessing people with the Jesus-10.

Capsov

Automatico Trench is god tier. Chews through people at close range, burst fire at 50-75m is incredibly effective. All without having to ADS.

Mugenjin

10A Hunter, Hellriegel and Automatico are the go to weapons for Assault atm.

JJShadow

Try blessing people with the Jesus-10.

Automatico Trench is god tier. Chews through people at close range, burst fire at 50-75m is incredibly effective. All without having to ADS.

10A Hunter, Hellriegel and Automatico are the go to weapons for Assault atm.

Thanks, I'll stick to the Automatico Trench, so much fun to use in close-quarter combats. Gonna give the Model-10 a try as well

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
It has one use: auto balance. Though that doesn't make it useful yes.

Auto-balance in general has been shit, I feel. It balances teams like 8-4 at times.

But the skill number has absolutely no use for actual purposes beyond that. It goes up and down willynilly with no actual mathmatics involved in the actual player skill.

*Splinter

Every CoD has these same complaints about shotguns.

In BO3 they eventually buffed shotguns to give them a minimum damage (ie. even with 1 pellet hit you do high base damage, then each pellet after that is a small amount). They made most shotguns a guaranteed 2 hit kill, it was awful.

Frenden

Banned
How's everyone's luck with legendary/gold battlepack drops? I've gotten four or five since launch as well as three puzzle pieces.

I keep hearing folks complain about BPs, but I've had seemingly good luck, I guess?

Man, I just unlocked the MG15 and it craps on the default Lewis LMG in almost every way. The 100-round magazine is so damn comforting. Reload? What's that mean?

How's everyone's luck with legendary/gold battlepack drops? I've gotten four or five since launch as well as three puzzle pieces.

I keep hearing folks complain about BPs, but I've had seemingly good luck, I guess?

I think one legendary in around 55 hours of play. Not sure about golds. I have stopped getting boxes for some reason, despite finishing 1st or in the top five a lot of the time.

I have no idea what you have to do to get battle packs.

Tovarisc

I have somewhere around 70-80h in MP. I get BPacks quite consistently as systems seems to favor players in top ranks of teams. Scrapped all, but 2 skins. Gotten few 900 boxes. I have 1 puzzle piece.

Friend has over 100h in MP already, he is yet to unlock either of puzzle piece weapons.

Edit: Rev 2's have given me only white rubbish

Top Bottom