• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Is there a way to trigger your dynamite with your gun out? I think BF4 let you double tap reload?

I use the mines to do this. When I see a flamer or other heavy coming, I put a few down and wait to the side out of sight and when they stand on them I fire...

xlIAvCX.jpg

Edit: Shit, misread your post. Thought you wanted to shoot them. Nevermind.

Mahonay

Banned
I might be thinking of COD, my bad!!! Wishful thinking haha...
No worries. Battlefield is a game insanely deep with gameplay mechanics. Even though it's my primary game, I never assume I know absolutely everything there is in a modern Battlefield game, there's so many little things that are easy to completely miss.
I use the mines to do this. When I see a flamer or other heavy coming, I put a few down and wait to the side out of site and when they stand on them I fire...

xlIAvCX.jpg

Lol this sounds amazing.

Most of my complaints from my first session with the game turned out to be server-side technical issues. I was playing last night and didn't have any registry issues, nor did I get the unfortunate "spawn into a chain of perpetual explosions" routine which was seriously hampering my ability to do anything. And the game is a blast when you actually get going and get in a squad that wants to coordinate. So I rescind my earlier criticisms; this thing is pretty damn fun.

Is there any way to customize loadouts before you're actually connected to a game? I don't want to spend minutes essentially AFK looking through menus while my team is trying to capture/defend objectives. Makes me dead weight and I hate feeling like I'm not helping, but it also means I keep feeling like I'm rushing into battle with an inadequate setup. Seemed you used to be able to do this from the main menu in other BF games but I'm not finding the option.

Mahonay

Banned
Most of my complaints from my first session with the game turned out to be server-side technical issues. I was playing last night and didn't have any registry issues, nor did I get the unfortunate "spawn into a chain of perpetual explosions" routine which was seriously hampering my ability to do anything. And the game is a blast when you actually get going and get in a squad that wants to coordinate. So I rescind my earlier criticisms; this thing is pretty damn fun.

Is there any way to customize loadouts before you're actually connected to a game? I don't want to spend minutes essentially AFK looking through menus while my team is trying to capture/defend objectives. Makes me dead weight and I hate feeling like I'm not helping, but it also means I keep feeling like I'm rushing into battle with an inadequate setup. Seemed you used to be able to do this from the main menu in other BF games but I'm not finding the option.
Download the Battlefield app for your phone or tablet. It lets you do all of your loadouts there.

I wish they'd just let you do it in the damn main menu in the game.

The last base on Monte Grappa Operations is great. I love that it's just a single capture point inside a huge fortress. We came so close to taking it multiple times but each time they snapped it back from us. Got us down to around 50 lives before we finally took it. So damn good.

Download the Battlefield app for your phone or tablet. It lets you do all of your loadouts there.

I wish they'd just let you do it in the damn main menu in the game.

You have to install an app to edit loadouts outside of being connected to a server? That's... an odd design choice. But I'm not paranoid about privacy, so that sounds like it'll do the trick.

Mahonay

Banned
You have to install an app to edit loadouts outside of being connected to a server? That's... an odd design choice. But I'm not paranoid about privacy, so that sounds like it'll do the trick.
It's probably solely designed that way to force people to download and use the app.

Ryde3

I use the mines to do this. When I see a flamer or other heavy coming, I put a few down and wait to the side out of sight and when they stand on them I fire...

xlIAvCX.jpg

Haha no worries, I think I'm going to give this a try that sounds wicked.

No worries. Battlefield is a game insanely deep with gameplay mechanics. Even though it's my primary game, I never assume I know absolutely everything there is in a modern Battlefield game, there's so many little things that are easy to completely miss.

Lol this sounds amazing.

Thanks man, I played ALOT of 1942, BF2, BC2 and BF4, still find new things everytime!

McHuj

I am having so much fun with this game. I've finally gotten the hang of LMGs and infantry mortar is fun as hell on maps like Suez.

Mahonay

Banned
They are going to enable that functionality soon in-game. I think it was a performance issue or something.
On console at least, you couldn't change your loadouts in the main menu in BF4 either. The last time you could edit loadouts in the main menu was BF3.

If they are actually adding it in now, that would be fantastic news.

Add Elite Classes to my list of things to whine about.

Everything about this game outside of graphics is a step back from BF4 really. Big disappointment.

All it takes is a bayonet charge to take them out...really not that complicated.

I feel like the game is almost a monumental improvement after BF4, BF4 just went far off the reservation while BF1 is reigning her back in to the way it should be. But different strokes, as someone who's first Battlefield was 1942 and has played every game since then, BF1 is above and beyond the best battlefield game in over a decade

All it takes is a bayonet charge to take them out...really not that complicated.

I feel like the game is almost a monumental improvement after BF4, BF4 just went far off the reservation while BF1 is reigning her back in to the way it should be. But different strokes, as someone who's first Battlefield was 1942 and has played every game since then, BF1 is above and beyond the best battlefield game in over a decade

Agreed.

terrible

Banned

And good luck getting a bayonet charge in on anyone with a half decent sense of awareness. It's just a really unfun element for me. With Behemoths killing CQ and Operations and Elite classes ruining Domination and TDM.. meh. Not my favourite game.

I started with 1942 as well.

DICE needs to fix the medals. I'm not even sure why the screen is even up if they are not working. I was going for the Operations one today and got nothing.

And good luck getting a bayonet charge in on anyone with a half decent sense of awareness. It's just a really unfun element for me. With Behemoths killing CQ and Operations and Elite classes ruining Domination and TDM.. meh. Not my favourite game.

I've charged through incendiary grenades and gas clusterfucks all while being hosed by the flamethrower class and still got the bayonet kill, it's not impossible or anything, You have a bit of stafe when you make the charge, I find most people can't hit you if you serpentine towards them erradicly. Gotta think about how the Flamer and the LMG sentry have obstructed vision as well, so coming at them from an angle is key. I've taken down many many sentrys with just the charge, you can even get away with starting a charge at point blank range if you don't think you can get close enough with the charge, and hell if you can get that close just a standard melee kill will work as well.
I see behemoths mentioned a lot...but honestly I truly don't see it. If a Behemoth is above I can always find a way to stay out of its LOS. In every single map there's enough cover that you can maneuver outside of its influence....If behemoths were truly as broken as you people keep claiming, then how the fuck does the attack side still lose every single time in operations? If you play cover-to-cover when the behemoth is active I just don't see how you are getting destroyed by that thing constantly, it has to see you to shoot you. The only time Behemoths have proven to be a problem to me is when i'm in aircraft and I'm flying over it...which the solution to is easy....don't do that lol.

Your side spawns elites too. It's no different than a vehicle.

Either counter-elite, use a vehicle, rockets (do lots of damage if I recall), or just organize a squad to take them out.

terrible

Banned
I've charged through incendiary grenades and gas clusterfucks all while being hosed by the flamethrower class and still got the bayonet kill, it's not impossible or anything, You have a bit of stafe when you make the charge, I find most people can't hit you if you serpentine towards them erradicly. Gotta think about how the Flamer and the LMG sentry have obstructed vision as well, so coming at them from an angle is key. I've taken down many many sentrys with just the charge, you can even get away with starting a charge at point blank range if you don't think you can get close enough with the charge, and hell if you can get that close just a standard melee kill will work as well.
I see behemoths mentioned a lot...but honestly I truly don't see it. If a Behemoth is above I can always find a way to stay out of its LOS. In every single map there's enough cover that you can maneuver outside of its influence....If behemoths were truly as broken as you people keep claiming, then how the fuck does the attack side still lose every single time in operations? If you play cover-to-cover when the behemoth is active I just don't see how you are getting destroyed by that thing constantly, it has to see you to shoot you. The only time Behemoths have proven to be a problem to me is when i'm in aircraft and I'm flying over it...which the solution to is easy....don't do that lol.

I just don't find it fun. I find balanced infantry on infantry or in regards to the behemoth balanced vehicle on vehicle combat to be fun. The classic Battlefield formula essentially. When I pick up those elite kits it's game over, I don't die the rest of the match usually as long as ammo and health is being dropped. It's killed the purity and simplicity of the gunplay for me, and that's really what has made me like Battlefield over something like CoD with killstreaks, perks, etc or even quake with quad damage, etc. I'm only speaking for myself here though I'd hate for the series to continue down this path.

Your side spawns elites too. It's no different than a vehicle.

Either counter-elite, use a vehicle, rockets (do lots of damage if I recall), or just organize a squad to take them out.

Having to focus on that is not fun to me.

Paganmoon

Origin messing up for anyone else? Downdetector seems to say up, but I can't online at all.

Edit: nevermind, reports are starting to come in.

boy do i hate the missing stats at the end of the round. It worked on release. They release one patch and it`s broken.... WTF.

I felt like i had a good round but i have no clue what my stats were. Is there a site where i can see the last scoreboard?

Back then with battlelog it was possible but now?

Surfinn

Ugh.. Origin won't log in. Fix your shit.. game's been out for almost 2 weeks now. Quit a game and now I can't even get into Origin.

Behemoths do not need to be nerfed. People really just need to get better at shooting at them. A number of compartments exist that can be destroyed, denying enemies spots to shoot from. Enemies can be sniped out. And planes can be equipped with anti-behemoth bombs.

What sucks is that behemoths replaced ticket bleed.

I play nothing but Operations on the Italy campaign nowadays. Best part of the game.

BF4 was the best multiplayer FPS on the market for its final two years.

It never really worked for me. Even months after release when it wasn't a completely buggy mess the rubber-banding and inadequate servers made it unplayable for any kind of enjoyment.

jeffc919

Regarding behemoths, I don't think they need to be nerfed necessarily but I think the threshold for when they appear needs to be adjusted so they occur less often and/or later in the game. In my opinion, they should serve the purpose of making a one sided match more fun for the remainder of the game, not give the losing team a strong chance of coming back all the way to win the game, if that makes sense. As it stands, they can appear fairly early in a Conquest match with only a little more than 100 points separating the teams.

Tovarisc

What is the point in having some gimmicky weather effects like fog if I can just press Q and get doritos over enemies that I can't see even outline of in fog?

"Fog? Oh well, I just press Q every 3 seconds instead of normal 5 seconds"

Also why every single pellet from shotgun shot causes your aim to be knocked upwards? Instead of single hit and knock effect you get like 10 individual knocks in rapid fire.

DirtyLarry

Holy Shit.

I have only had 3 sessions with the game since it has been released. I also have no problem admitting I am an old man who is stuck in his ways so I stuck to Conquest mode. It is historically the one and only mode I play in Battlefield as it is the mode I enjoy and what I personally believe to be the "true" BF experience.

I finally decided about 2 hours ago to check out this Operations mode since I see people praising it. I wish I did not wait to check it out. Hot Damn this mode is amazing.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Holy Shit.

I have only had 3 sessions with the game since it has been released. I also have no problem admitting I am an old man who is stuck in his ways so I stuck to Conquest mode. It is historically the one and only mode I play in Battlefield as it is the mode I enjoy and what I personally believe to be the "true" BF experience.

I finally decided about 2 hours ago to check out this Domination mode since I see people praising it. I wish I did not wait to check it out. Hot Damn this mode is amazing.

Havent tried Domination or Team Death Match yet.
I'll try Domination tonight then

Top Bottom