• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

elyetis

The model 10 not broken at all. Its just strong when used the right way and you get yourself in the situation where is shotgun is strong. You should get rewarded then.
It still could be too strong while not entirely broken, I'm not saying it's true for the model 10, but it could be true.

The problem is that we always have to fear the use a huge nerf hammer, because most dev don't seem to know how to balance things in small amount but more frequently, so the nerf hammer at least make people stop complaining about something being op until the next patch, something being too weak doesn't make the same noise.

But I try not to care too much, last time I really cared about weapon balance was bad company 2, and it was such a shitshow that I try not to think too much about it anymore.

On another note I'll reiterate that I badly want us to be able to change the keybind of the bayonet charge so it's not the same as the melee attack. I don't want to end up doing one over the other just because I miss judged how fast I was going or something.

teo72

Neo Member
My favourite class is the Scout class (medium to long range), followed by medic (medium range). The assult class I do not like (apart from the Shotgun which is fun in very close quaters, but it is rubbish at medium range; tho I do not yet have the Model 10 Hunter, I only have the Model 10 Factory), but I need a close/medium range class. Any advice? Support class?

Question GAF! When I'm a passenger in a flametank, I can't use the flamethrower. The two seats which are flamethrower don't do anything, press R2, nothing. Hopping to another seat and I can use the machine gun fine.

Da fuq?

Maybe it's intended for safe transport?

I just use tanks for Spawn points sometimes

My favourite class is the Scout class, followed by medic. The assult class I do not like (apart from the Shotgun which is fun in very close quaters, but it is rubbish at medium range), but I need a close/medium range class. Any advice? Support class?

The Mercie-biele or whatever it's called. The typewrite gun.

Its epic as an LMG and then you unlock the BAR which is full berserker

Theorry

MG15 is probably the best support gun next to the BAR. Its really good also.
Better at range and offcourse more a support gun with the large mag.

teo72

Neo Member
The Mercie-biele or whatever it's called. The typewrite gun.

Its epic as an LMG and then you unlock the BAR which is full berserker

Support class it is then, the only class I have not put any action into yet. Read that the BAR M1918 (Telescopic?) is supposted to very good. The optics is what I worry about. I hate those lens on a stick sights.

N° 2048

Top healer every game for four games in a row.

The grind for Mondragon Optical continues. Halfway through Rank 2 Medic.

Question GAF! When I'm a passenger in a flametank, I can't use the flamethrower. The two seats which are flamethrower don't do anything, press R2, nothing. Hopping to another seat and I can use the machine gun fine.

Da fuq?

Its seat 4 and 5 I believe. I feel like it can glitch out sometimes.

Theorry

Support class it is then, the only class I have not put any action into yet. Read that the BAR M1918 (Telescopic?) is supposted to very good. The optics is what I worry about. I hate those lens on a stick sights.

I use the storm variants with AA sights. Great versions also.

chiliboy

So guys help me out a bit - I have 3 loadouts for each class, each loadout is a different playstyle and I try to complement each style with a weapon.

What do you think about the following?

Assault =
Anti Vehicle - Hellrieger
Aggressive - Model 10-A Hunter or Automatico Trench depending on mood
Defensive - Hellrieger

Medic =
Balanced - Selbstlader 1916 marksman or Autoloader extended
Aggressive - M1907 sweeper or Mondragon storm
Defensive - Autoloader extended

Support =
Balanced - BAR Storm
Aggressive - BAR Trench
Defensive - BAR Telescopic

Scout =
Balanced - SMLE Marksman or Lawrence SMLE
Aggressive - Russian trench
Defensive - Russian sniper or M1903 sniper

Any suggestions?

I got my shotgun medal yesterday. Tough to get headshots when you're so used to just getting the body shot. It was a breeze getting the last part though.

Looking for some people to play with, I'm in UK and often online various times throughout the day until late.

PSN is KylieDog, if send a FR please put BF1 Gaf or something so I know it not random.

Prefer mic users so can chat.

I really hope they dont. With the Model 10 and a revolver and the dynamite I honestly feel invincible.

I regularly squad wipe not to mention single handedly fuck a tank.

I get OHKO sniped from across the map by some camping little bitch - I don't shout nerf the snipers because they are just doing their job effectively

Add me Luvs_2_Squidge because I will forget to add you! I am on PSN most nights

I'm in the UK and usually on at some point in the evenings, so do you fellas mind if I ping over a couple of FRs?

I can't promise any skills but I do my best as a medic or support.

I'm in the UK and usually on at some point in the evenings, so do you fellas mind if I ping over a couple of FRs?

I can't promise any skills but I do my best as a medic or support.

The more the merrier mate. Anyone who wants to send me a FR just put gaf somewhere in the message and I'll accept it.

Likewise - you see me in a party on a game you are playing just join it, I never lock it.

I'm friendly enough :)

Probably a silly question but how do you join the GAF community for this for PS4? Just grabbed this over the weekend but I'm online for hours every night (GMT)

Be nice to use comms to coordinate with folk who PFTO.

It's an awesome game anyway though. Proper addictive.

Edit: refreshed and discussion is afoot haha. My PSN is x_Stilt_x if anyone fancies a game or 3. I'm London based.

Finally ranked up the Scout to rank 2. It's the one class I can't click with. My aim with the sniper rifles is midling at best, so I'm either PTO with my squad and literally using the pistol, or the infantry versions of the rifles, making me of limited use in CQ; or I'm trying to snipe at a distance, which means I'm generally outside of a range to help with objectives or the squad.

All of the decent scout players seem to be able to use the scoped rifles really quickly and efficiently at medium ranges, whilst keeping on the move, whereas I'm too slow. I might go for rank 3 to get the SMLE carbine.

The good thing is that I can easily platinum the game now, as I've only got single player trophies left.

Probably a silly question but how do you join the GAF community for this for PS4? Just grabbed this over the weekend but I'm online for hours every night (GMT)

its in the OT under community section. But search for "Neogaf Battlefield 1". You might have to include community in the search as well. If you ever see me online, feel free to join my party chat or invite me :3 PSN is the same as my GAF name.

I use the infantry scout rifles and don't hold back and play just like I would assault. If you get a hit on someone with the rifle it usually only takes one hit from your pistol or melee to finish them off.

Edit: refreshed and discussion is afoot haha. My PSN is x_Stilt_x if anyone fancies a game or 3. I'm London based.

I'll send you an invite later. On every night around ten for a few hours.

As I said to another gaffer just join me if you see me in a party. I never lock it.

Otherwise I always forget to add people haha

robotrock

Banned
So how is this campaign?

The first mission was kind of neat, but the second mission is really testing me right now. I hate vehicles I'm sorry.

AA guns are ridiculous. I love flying around in the attack plane and those just ruin my day almost any time I pass by one.

Last night my buddy and squaded up on Suez and I got the Sentry kit. For the next 10 minutes until we won my friend and 2 randos went medic and just kept healing me as I mowed guys down. 36/6 by the end of it. Now that I know how stupid it can be if you've got a halfway coordinated squad im a-ok with not having a gasmask.

Im on the last war story of the campaign and I thought it has been decent, but not as good as I was hoping so far. Stealth missions are dumb, and its silly how the game says, "Behind every gunsight is a human being" and then each character you play goes full Rambo at one point or another, mowing down guys by the dozens solo. The game wants to give you the tone of Call of Duty 2 but then plays like a worse Wolfenstein.

its in the OT under community section. But search for "Neogaf Battlefield 1". You might have to include community in the search as well. If you ever see me online, feel free to join my party chat or invite me :3 PSN is the same as my GAF name.

I'll send you an invite later. On every night around ten for a few hours.

As I said to another gaffer just join me if you see me in a party. I never lock it.

Otherwise I always forget to add people haha

Great, thanks. Yeah I'm pretty easy going with drop ins approach and such as well, so likewise really. I'm usually on between 7pm and 1.30am-ish GMT.

So how is this campaign?

The first mission was kind of neat, but the second mission is really testing me right now. I hate vehicles I'm sorry.

Speaking of the campaign, I need to finish it. I only finish the prologue and the runner. I started "Through Mud and Blood & Avanti Savoia" and got half way through them.

Top Bottom