• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Played last night with some buddies and a Gaffer called Seldomly Jambon

Smashed it. We didnt let the opponents take a single sector on Fao Fortress and then we valiantly fought and WON while attacking Conquer Hell. Something I rarely see.

I also for the first time topped the leaderboard using only the Model 10 Hunter

For anyone on ps4 - I am on most nights from 10pm UK time
Luvs_2_Squidge

Session was immense. Cheers again mate. It's by far the best fun with a proper squad. Your mates are indeed war machines haha. And that anti tank spree you went on for Fao was hilarious. I'll be on again tonight.

Carbonox

This is my first ever Battlefield game and I love it. It's so much fun. I was concerned about buying it at first as I'm more used to faster-paced FPS games but I don't regret it one bit. Brilliant game.

While I've settled for my Medic build (favourite class atm), I'm struggling to get anywhere with the Assault class. It's level 1 atm so what weapons at that level are best to use? I'm using the starting gun still.

Session was immense. Cheers again mate. It's by far the best fun with a proper squad. Your mates are indeed war machines haha. And that anti tank spree you went on for Fao was hilarious. I'll be on again tonight.

Cheers man. I always tell people you can take on tanks and other vehicles single handedly with the Assault class. I proved it. They were actively retreating from one man! hahaha

You played really well, we all did. I completely agree though - this game is best when played in a party.

See you tonight squad

Hjod

Banned
This is my first ever Battlefield game and I love it. It's so much fun. I was concerned about buying it at first as I'm more used to faster-paced FPS games but I don't regret it one bit. Brilliant game.

While I've settled for my Medic build (favourite class atm), I'm struggling to get anywhere with the Assault class. It's level 1 atm so what weapons at that level are best to use? I'm using the starting gun still.

I used the M18-Optic mostly, don't forget to use AT-mines, you get a lot of points from destroying tanks.

Increase speed of getting the gun up after running
Reduced recoil

Worth getting rid of the bayonet just to stop your guy from accidentally running like a loony when all you wanted to do was a normal melee attack.

--

My PSN ID is Pankratous- if anybody wants to add me for some matches! Would be nice to start seeing familiar faces online.

Worth getting rid of the bayonet just to stop your guy from accidentally running like a loony when all you wanted to do was a normal melee attack.

--

My PSN ID is Pankratous- if anybody wants to add me for some matches! Would be nice to start seeing familiar faces online.

I'll send you a friend request tonight. Luvs_2_Squidge I am.

If you see me in a party - just let yourself in bud :)
Every night from 10pm UK time I'm on

Cheers man. I always tell people you can take on tanks and other vehicles single handedly with the Assault class. I proved it. They were actively retreating from one man! hahaha

You played really well, we all did. I completely agree though - this game is best when played in a party.

See you tonight squad
BTW I was playing with 4 other friends last night so thats why I never joined :p

BTW I was playing with 4 other friends last night so thats why I never joined :p

Don't worry about it man, don't feel obliged. When you aren't with other people - we'll always be there.

Eventually we could get a couple squads filled with gaffers haha

Nice one man, see you online!

Yes mate, ready for the carnage. Like Seldomly Jambon said you wait until you see my two mates.... they can GO!

Brother, aquire a PC and BF1 and join us in the neogaf evening squad man :D we have so much fun

Sorry mate, someone needs to lead this rag tag band of renegades on PS4

Don't worry about it man, don't feel obliged. When you aren't with other people - we'll always be there.

Eventually we could get a couple squads filled with gaffers haha

Yes mate, ready for the carnage. Like Seldomly Jambon said you wait until you see my two mates.... they can GO!

Sorry mate, someone needs to lead this rag tag band of renegades on PS4
Why not both?
dont be like me D:

Battlefield 1 confirmed to have a Pro-patch next week
if bf1 MP is stable 60 fps, I can see myself getting a pro.

noomi

PC Player TryHards! :p

What mouse DPI and ingame sensitivity to you use?

1920x1080 res
800 DPI
Sens 30 for both infantry and vehicle

chiliboy

PC Player TryHards! :p

What mouse DPI and ingame sensitivity to you use?

1920x1080 res
800 DPI
Sens 30 for both infantry and vehicle

1920x1080 res
1600 dpi
20 sens infantry
28 sens vehicles

works for me, Ive tried 800 DPI but its sooo sluggish haha. I also have a tiny tiny mousepad with a wristguard so I do not have room at the moment to run lower dpi I feel.

I don't see how anyone can play scout on this game between all the nonstop smoke, dust and explosions

Using scout as an aggressive mid range weapon is still quite possible with the SMLE

Also long range camping snipers are so prevalent on some levels - Fao Fortress for example

I normally send my troops up there assault to suppress them

Screenshot_810.png
How to stop giving orders when you (squad leader) are trying to spot a target.

Playing a match last night on Empire's Edge and there were seven snipers that didn't even leave the spawn for the whole match, just lying down in a row sniping. Every time I had to spawn near them (because we were getting thrashed by the end) I threw smoke and gas in front of them in an attempt to get them to move.

They didn't.

meppi

Playing a match last night on Empire's Edge and there were seven snipers that didn't even leave the spawn for the whole match, just lying down in a row sniping. Every time I had to spawn near them (because we were getting thrashed by the end) I threw smoke and gas in front of them in an attempt to get them to move.

They didn't.

For this reason alone I wish fire and gas grenades would hurt teammates as well.
This shit happens way too often.

noomi

My DPI is 2200 on my mouse and 6% ingame

1920x1080 res
1600 dpi
20 sens infantry
28 sens vehicles

works for me, Ive tried 800 DPI but its sooo sluggish haha. I also have a tiny tiny mousepad with a wristguard so I do not have room at the moment to run lower dpi I feel.

Thanks for the replies guys, curious to see what others are using. I'll have to play around with my settings it seems.

chiliboy

Thanks for the replies guys, curious to see what others are using. I'll have to play around with my settings it seems.

Np!
In the end what matters is what works for you. Try to find a balance between too sluggish and too fast - it also depends on the how large mousepad you have.

Recommend this guide:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABNdTojanHw

CS:GO is a different game when it comes to sens than BF but it can give you a good understand at least!

Ardenyal

I've just started and I'm playing as a medic. I'm normally in top 8 for points but I barely get more than 3-4 kills lol.

I'm using default medic load out, any tips for what weapon to use?

Don't get me wrong I'm loving my role of helping people and playing the objective but it would be nice to get more kills!

Regotti in full auto. You can tap longer range and close range its still very lethal. Be minful of the reloads though. If youre in a pinch only reload if youre 5 short and if you have less than 5 reload and press fire to cancel the single cartridge reloads.

They didn't.
CwVtspcW8AACnA6.jpg:large

This is how well my teams play. At least we had C covered from that B push.

chiliboy

that's what i'm currently using. nice kills!!!

What level do you need to be to unlock it and how much does it cost?? :(

scout level 10 for martini henry, it is AWESOME. Fantastic damage, fantastic sound design and rewards skill since it has low muzzle velocity and only 1 shot per load.

Pheace

I just can't repair a vehicle anymore, it keeps randomly resetting for no apparent reason despite not getting hit at all, thought it was my key at first perhaps but it's happening just the same on another key now.

WTF GUYS

i used the share button on the PS4 and now i am in a loop and cant press anything in the game... a guy killed me while i was sitting on the ground but now i`m on the Map and there are no symbols and buttons... jesus christ this game....

i`ll upload that moment and send it to Dice. Instead of improving the game they break it after a great release day.

WTF GUYS

i used the share button on the PS4 and now i am in a loop and cant press anything in the game... a guy killed me while i was sitting on the ground but now i`m on the Map and there are no symbols and buttons... jesus christ this game....

i`ll upload that moment and send it to Dice. Instead of improving the game they break it after a great release day.

And it'll immediately go to the junk file.

If you get a response
pls respond
then make sure you post it here

Top Bottom