• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Xyber

Here's a tips for defeating the "last boss" on the Arabia missions. Use the Tankgewehr, shoot some round then move, the field guns just get's you killed. There are weapon boxes everywhere with the gewehr.

Just had to shoot one time with each field gun. Nothing ever hit me when I just shot one time and then immediately ran to to next one.

Hjod

Banned
Just had to shoot one time with each field gun. Nothing ever hit me when I just shot one time and then immediately ran to to next one.

I did that too first try, but I got hit by artillery as soon as I jumped in to the field gun, so I did it with the Gewerh instead, scoot and shoot :p. I wanted the codex for keeping the field guns alive too, so worked better to use the gewehr.

Nuszka

If anyone is interested in a relaxed, chilled out banter fueled sessions add me on psn Nuszka - i usually play after 11 pm UK time. Feel free to add me.

Tovarisc

Battlefield 1 – The Road Ahead
All you need to know about future updates, tweaks, and events

https://www.battlefield.com/news/ar...&utm_medium=social&cid=25774&ts=1478188871789

Edit:
  • HARDCORE SERVERS ARE COMING SOON
  • "Based on your input, we are changing the layout of the Suez map in Conquest to make the matches more balanced and the map size more fitting. We have expanded the layout to feature five instead of three flags....."
  • As the first Official Custom Game, Fog of War will premiere at Battlefest. In this unique Team Deathmatch experience, you will be challenged by limited sight as you’re fighting in fog with the mini-map and soldier name tags turned off. You’ll find Official Custom Games in the Battlefield 1 Multiplayer menu.
  • During the month of November, we will release a major update for Battlefield 1, filled with various tweaks and improvements. Among other things, we will be adding the Rent-a-Server Program, a new Custom Game and tweaks to matchmaking and server balancing.
2ylLArF.jpg

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Here's a tips for defeating the "last boss" on the Arabia missions. Use the Tankgewehr, shoot some round then move, the field guns just get's you killed. There are weapon boxes everywhere with the gewehr.

That tip may have been useful before I completed...

Ended up just spamming the tracks with dynamite the moment the train appears at the start, then backpeddling and tossing Anti-Tank nades while rushing to safety. That eliminated half the train's HP on hard in the first 20 seconds. Then just ran from Field Gun to Field Gun firing a single shot and getting the fuck out of there before planes or the train homes in on my position for an instant kill(you really need to fire quick and get off the gun the moment the hit lands -- those planes nuking you are just deadly). Bouncing from Field Gun to Field Gun made quick work as it is only 6-8 shots when the tank is half health from the start.

Still a real cheap encounter on hard, and the only real brickwall moment in the entire campaign given the constant air bombardment and train fire that can shred you if staying in one-place too long.

Surprised overall how simple this platinum trophy is actually. The campaign isn't too bad to clear everything(collectible guide helps for field manuals) and the MP only really demands a couple easy situational kills and to rank every class to 2 which will come naturally over time, but isn't too painfully long to do given how enjoyable I am finding MP. Expected at least a trophy for getting Rank 10 with classes or reaching some insanely high character level, but thankfully nope.

If anyone is interested in a relaxed, chilled out banter fueled sessions add me on psn Nuszka - i usually play after 11 pm UK time. Feel free to add me.

Consider yourself added. I've got like 5 gaffers added now.

I am on every night from 10PM with a couple of mates.

My PSN is Luvs_2_Squidge

Just join the party if you see me on.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Matchmaking improvements awww yiss!!!
Finally im gonna be able to play Operations!

they're changing suez to a 5 flag map?

i don't think i've ever seen dice actively change a map layout before
Wow yeah, seems like a big change.
Props to DICE!

Just got this, any starter weapons you guys recommend for MP?
For assault class: Automatico M1918 and Model 10-A . For medic class, either Cei-Rigotti or M1907 SL. For support class, either M1909 Benet-Mercie or Madsen MG,

I think those weapons are available to you when you are rank 0. I am prob wrong since I dont remember :p

Xater

I reaaaaaaaaaally think they need to speed up the "Hold X to spawn". It takes way too long man.

No they don't. You are supposed to lie there for the medics. You can't spawn any faster if you skip anyway. It's the exact same time as just waiting for skip to appear on it's own and then hitting X.

No they don't. You are supposed to lie there for the medics. You can't spawn any faster if you skip anyway. It's the exact same time as just waiting for skip to appear on it's own and then hitting X.

It's such an inelegant solution though. Even if they made the hold time half as long, people aren't going to do it accidentally. There are definitely times where I don't want to be revived.

It's such an inelegant solution though. Even if they made the hold time half as long, people aren't going to do it accidentally. There are definitely times where I don't want to be revived.

This.

They could easily reduce the hold time by half.

It's not that I don't think the mechanic shouldn't exist, or don't see the point of it, it's just, as SL puts, inelegant. It's too long to expect me to hold it if I do want to start getting ready to deploy.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Anyone on right now that wants to party up on PS4?

It is my day off, been playing Operations but it is terrible with randoms, squad leaders don't give out any orders. It is terrible.

PSN: NotAJellyfish

I couldn't get Origin to go online last night, even after a restart, so I just played a little bit of the campaign (finished Through Mud and Blood). And it's pretty solid; better than any other singleplayer experience in Battlefield by a country mile. It still doesn't come close to the chaos of large-scale multiplayer action with dozens of teammates and enemies all clashing in a gigantic melee around a single point, but it's a far sight better than the tacked-on campaigns of Battlefields past.

Alpende

That's why I prefer the BF4 system of reviving. Give the player the option to cancel the revive instead of letting the player skip the revive all together.

UK and from 10pm onwards, FR sent. None of my friends seem to be online late at night.

Thanks mate - see you later

Anyone on right now that wants to party up on PS4?

It is my day off, been playing Operations but it is terrible with randoms, squad leaders don't give out any orders. It is terrible.

PSN: NotAJellyfish

Will add you later - I'm Luvs_2_Squidge

Will add you!

PSN: LegendaryLos77

We are going to fill a team eventually aren't we haha

Feel free to add me : PSN ID: Fersis_4 (Argentina)

Will add you later but not sure how well you will find the lag to UK based players

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Feel free to add me : PSN ID: Fersis_4 (Argentina)

Chojin

They need to remove that shit so medics have time to revive before people fk off.

This, so many times. They don't realize that they'll be up and fighting faster this way. Even though I'm tempted to say fuck it and just move on if I start seeing the death icon blink, it would be a bad habit to not at least try to revive.

The Beard

What's that on the PS4? thanks for the tips as well :)

It's down on the dpad.

they're changing suez to a 5 flag map?

i don't think i've ever seen dice actively change a map layout before

That's awesome. 3 was not enough for an open and tiny map like that.

I reaaaaaaaaaally think they need to speed up the "Hold X to spawn". It takes way too long man.

Dude, no. They need to completely get rid of pressing a button to rush your death. It's bullshit.

Tovarisc

Why in BF1 and in general we have 60 seconds in scoreboards screen + loading time + 15 to 60 seconds pre-match waiting between maps? Why ~2-3 minutes between maps / matches has become norm in FPS games?

Dude, no. They need to completely get rid of pressing a button to rush your death. It's bullshit.

You're off your rocker!

On PC, people have no issue hanging around to be revived. But sometimes I'm in the middle of nowhere and there's no chance I'll be revived. It's annoying having to hold space for so long in order to get to where I can edit my loadouts.

Xater

Battlefield 1 – The Road Ahead
All you need to know about future updates, tweaks, and events

https://www.battlefield.com/news/ar...&utm_medium=social&cid=25774&ts=1478188871789

Edit:
  • HARDCORE SERVERS ARE COMING SOON
  • "Based on your input, we are changing the layout of the Suez map in Conquest to make the matches more balanced and the map size more fitting. We have expanded the layout to feature five instead of three flags....."
  • As the first Official Custom Game, Fog of War will premiere at Battlefest. In this unique Team Deathmatch experience, you will be challenged by limited sight as you’re fighting in fog with the mini-map and soldier name tags turned off. You’ll find Official Custom Games in the Battlefield 1 Multiplayer menu.
  • During the month of November, we will release a major update for Battlefield 1, filled with various tweaks and improvements. Among other things, we will be adding the Rent-a-Server Program, a new Custom Game and tweaks to matchmaking and server balancing.
2ylLArF.jpg

I hope this update also includes the mutiny feature...

The Beard

You're off your rocker!

On PC, people have no issue hanging around to be revived. But sometimes I'm in the middle of nowhere and there's no chance I'll be revived. It's annoying having to hold space for so long in order to get to where I can edit my loadouts.

How often do you need to edit your loadouts? It's basically "set it and forget it" once you find your go-to gun.

I hope this update also includes the mutiny feature...

Me too. FFS, me too. I've pretty much given up on joining random squads because 90% of the leaders don't set objectives and/or 2+ guys are playing Scout. Last night I was running as a one man squad and my "Squad" finished 1st in flags capped and 4th in defended.

Top Bottom