• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
This game has had a crazy amount of downtime since release. I sure hope this isn't what we can expect in the coming months...

really...if i remember correctly this has prob been one of the smoothest launches for a battlefield game in years regarding glitches and servers

DirtyLarry

You mean Operations. You don't have a choice right now anyway but Dom is only fun with small player counts.
You are indeed correct. Thank you for the correction as I have adjusted my initial post.
I actually did not even know there was a mode called Domination, what is it about?

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Holy christ I had forgotten how complex BF4 could be. Been enjoying BF1 so much I reinstalled BF4 and I had forgotten the sheer metric ton of (mostly samey) guns, upgrades, scopes, and other shit you can duct tape onto your chosen loadouts exist in that game. Oh and there are perks too, but I got a headache trying to suss out what to equip after not playing for like 2 years that I didn't even touch the perks page.

I played one match and went back to BF1. The simplicity is much more appreciated.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Any official word? How long does the downtime usually last? This is the first time it's been down for me.

jaaz

If you're on PC and in the game but can't go online, try joining any friend who is online and playing a game. It works!

KiKaL

Holy christ I had forgotten how complex BF4 could be. Been enjoying BF1 so much I reinstalled BF4 and I had forgotten the sheer metric ton of (mostly samey) guns, upgrades, scopes, and other shit you can duct tape onto your chosen loadouts exist in that game. Oh and there are perks too, but I got a headache trying to suss out what to equip after not playing for like 2 years that I didn't even touch the perks page.

I played one match and went back to BF1. The simplicity is much more appreciated.

I did a 10 hour trial of BF1 and when it ended I figured I would give BF4 a shot...after an hour of BF4 I bought BF1.

You can still join people in play on PS4 at least.

I'm stuck in team DM.

Not enough players to start the next round though.

Add me on PSN if you're gagging for a game.

PSN : BobelacX

Back on, I thought I was going to have to play the single player for minute. Crisis averted.

Nope, servers are still wrecked at least on PC. The server browser, etc. works, but you can't actually load into any of the maps. It just kicks you back out to the menu every time.

Whales

Banned
Did they remove overtime...? Was on rush, on attack, MCOM was armed and we had 1 ticket left, we lost the game even though nobody defused it?

If so, thats honestly stupid... why would you remove overtime?

Lemnisc8

I use the mines to do this. When I see a flamer or other heavy coming, I put a few down and wait to the side out of sight and when they stand on them I fire...

xlIAvCX.jpg

Edit: Shit, misread your post. Thought you wanted to shoot them. Nevermind.

Oh but it does work.....

https://youtu.be/XNAAAyTmKsw

frontovik

Banned
The art book for BF1 was released today..

Might be interesting to note that there were concept artwork for female soldiers (specifically Russian Scout, German Scout, and the French Medic)

terrible

Banned
12 kill feed :)

It was the final step on operations and at least two squads were hiding upstairs in the building, so I put it down as a backup plan.

I was then immediately set on fire so I decided "fuck it" and blew up the whole building myself included. Probably my best clip so far!

One of the craziest killfeeds I've ever seen, I didn't think it would ever end.

I don't really like tank mines but if they do that much damage to a building I might put them on just to nuke campers.

Lemnisc8

One of the craziest killfeeds I've ever seen, I didn't think it would ever end.

Me neither! I was well chuffed, thought about submitting as a clip of the week or something but no idea where I would start.

Yeah is super useful at taking out 3 story campers, I've had a few 6-7 kills with it too.

Whales

Banned
woa... I just tried out war pigeons... this mode is CRAZY fun. Wow

Everyone who says BF1 is ''Slow and clunky'' needs to play that shit, they'll change their mind real quick. It's like crack

woa... I just tried out war pigeons... this mode is CRAZY fun. Wow

Everyone who says BF1 is ''Slow and clunky'' needs to play that shit, they'll change their mind real quick. It's like crack
Same here. I did all the other modes but left this one for last and it was intense trying to keep the Pigeon and getting out somewhere safe for delivery.

Top Bottom