• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Ardenyal

Why in BF1 and in general we have 60 seconds in scoreboards screen + loading time + 15 to 60 seconds pre-match waiting between maps? Why ~2-3 minutes between maps / matches has become norm in FPS games?

Matches take 30 minutes its not that long of a wait.

Dynamite - tank grenades.

Kill every tank you see. Sneak up on it and destroy it. So many points.

Also objectives. Your weapons and class suggest you will be cannon fodder so don't worry if you die 40 times as long as you get the objectives

Gas Grenades. Assault is uniquely suited to use them, as their weapon works just about as well in hip-fire as it does using ADS. Rack up a ton of points and cause confusion in the enemy ranks.

And YAAAAAAASSS to the Suez changes. Hopefully that map won't be shit anymore.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
[*]As the first Official Custom Game, Fog of War will premiere at Battlefest. In this unique Team Deathmatch experience, you will be challenged by limited sight as you’re fighting in fog with the mini-map and soldier name tags turned off. You’ll find Official Custom Games in the Battlefield 1 Multiplayer menu.

Sounds fun.[/sarcasm]

#whensSabotage

So what's that highest rank anyone seen?

I was just in a match with a level 83.

Cray cray

Pastry

Banned
Just got this, any starter weapons you guys recommend for MP?

All of the starter weapons are pretty good, pick whichever fits your play style.

On another note, just lost a game because I had a squad of teammates that chose to snipe into a point instead of capture it. We ended up losing by 6 because we didn't capture it.

Xater

Me too. FFS, me too. I've pretty much given up on joining random squads because 90% of the leaders don't set objectives and/or 2+ guys are playing Scout. Last night I was running as a one man squad and my "Squad" finished 1st in flags capped and 4th in defended.

I know. I am also better as a one man squad than most people playing with 5. It's ridiculous. That's why I need to know if that update includes the function. I need it so bad.

I have been searching for a group with that time slot , works perfectly for me. Looking forward for tonight.

See you online mate

I know. I am also better as a one man squad.

image.php

Me too. FFS, me too. I've pretty much given up on joining random squads because 90% of the leaders don't set objectives and/or 2+ guys are playing Scout. Last night I was running as a one man squad and my "Squad" finished 1st in flags capped and 4th in defended.

I give people some leeway with this, given that the game just came out and it takes some time to learn new maps/weapons/gameplay mechanics, even if you're a series veteran (to say nothing of the first-timers). But a mutiny feature would be great. I always join a random squad, because at minimum I can probably get a few extra points here and there for revives or resupplies (depending on what class I am), but most squad leaders in my experience are terrible about setting objectives and every squad seems to have one or two people just fucking off on their own nowhere near the action. It's probably a pretty vast improvement to play with friends.

Theorry

Battlefield 1 – The Road Ahead
All you need to know about future updates, tweaks, and events

https://www.battlefield.com/news/ar...&utm_medium=social&cid=25774&ts=1478188871789

Edit:
  • HARDCORE SERVERS ARE COMING SOON
  • "Based on your input, we are changing the layout of the Suez map in Conquest to make the matches more balanced and the map size more fitting. We have expanded the layout to feature five instead of three flags....."
  • As the first Official Custom Game, Fog of War will premiere at Battlefest. In this unique Team Deathmatch experience, you will be challenged by limited sight as you’re fighting in fog with the mini-map and soldier name tags turned off. You’ll find Official Custom Games in the Battlefield 1 Multiplayer menu.
  • During the month of November, we will release a major update for Battlefield 1, filled with various tweaks and improvements. Among other things, we will be adding the Rent-a-Server Program, a new Custom Game and tweaks to matchmaking and server balancing.
2ylLArF.jpg

There better be main menu customization, more solder appearence customization. Squad leader mutiny. Basic stuff wich were in previous gamed and should have been in the base game.

What's the best starter weapon for support? Gonna get this levelled up so I can use the BAR STORM. Got to use it from someones kit and it was awesome.

Welp, time to get those OP'd weapon kills in before the update.
Also in Fog of War, is there team killing? Why would they remove player name tags? If there is, makes sense, if there isn't then I don't see the reason.

Btw can you team kill in this game?
I remember playing pigeons and seeing 2 of my squad mates just camping as scouts so I had the joy of pushing their players over the edge while shooting at them. 1 of them died but I'm not certain I was the reason.

It's the little moments that I love, like coming face to face with a tank when you're not expecting it. You know you'll die (well, I will), but the fun's in seeing how far of a merry dance you can lead the tank beforehand.

vixlar

Normally I hate the chat. I keep it on anyways.

But I had this game, the enemy team was crushing on us. And a member of my team, that it seems was new, was asking how to play well. And many players, from my team and from the enemy team were giving tips to make him better. It felt really good.

Normally I hate the chat. I keep it on anyways.

But I had this game, the enemy team was crushing on us. And a member of my team, that it seems was new, was asking how to play well. And many players, from my team and from the enemy team were giving tips to make him better. It felt really good.

Wait, you can hear the enemy team? Is this PC?

What's the best starter weapon for support? Gonna get this levelled up so I can use the BAR STORM. Got to use it from someones kit and it was awesome.
Personally, I preferred the Madsen as my Support starter. It has a small magazine but packs a punch; it suits an aggressive player since it works better in close quarters than the other Support starter weapons, IMHO. But once you unlock the BAR Storm youll never look back :)

The Beard

Can't wait for Hardcore, it's the only way to play BF imo

Eh, I dunno about that. The only thing I like better about hardcore is you can't see who just killed you, and no mini-map. Mini-map doesn't show enemy gunshots in normal mode, so there's not much difference there anymore.

BF1 is going to be brutal in hardcore. I don't mind playing against all the snipers in normal, but in hardcore? It's going to be a fucking nightmare. OHK range will be ridiculous. Bomber planes are going to fuck up friendlies, as well as all the friendly/enemy gas grenades. It's going to be ridiculous.

I'll still give it a go though.

Pastry

Banned
I think Fao Fortress is probably the dumbest map design in the game.

Why the fuck didn't they make two paths to the fortress, one for each team. As it stands right now the team that spawns on the right has a huge disadvantage getting to the fortress and the team that has it wins the game. Is seriusly dumb as shit.

Tovarisc

Why the fuck didn't they make two paths to the fortress, one for each team. As it stands right now the team that spawns on the right has a huge disadvantage getting to the fortress and the team that has it wins the game. Is seriusly dumb as shit.

In my experience 9 times out of 10 team holding Fort goes full tunnel vision and only care about Fort, leaving 4 out of 6 caps for another team to do with what ever they please. Resulting in automatic defeat of team Fort Camper.

In my experience 9 times out of 10 team holding Fort goes full tunnel vision and only care about Fort, leaving 4 out of 6 caps for another team to do with what ever they please. Resulting in automatic defeat of team Fort Camper.

Lol. Yeah I notice this as well. The fort is great to hold, but if teammates arent dividing up properly, they are screwed. The fort is great to give cover fire as you cap most of the other flags, but when the entire team is on it, the enemy just caps the rest of the flags.

The Beard

It's really not that bad. Last night I was on the "bad" side, but I kept taking boats with 1 or 2 teammates to the fortress, and we'd clean out all the snipers and cap both flags.

Nice :D

WE’RE TWEAKING THE SUEZ MAP

Based on your input, we are changing the layout of the Suez map in Conquest to make the matches more balanced and the map size more fitting. We have expanded the layout to feature five instead of three flags. We’re also reducing the capture area size of the two control points located within the map’s villages (currently flag A and C) to create more dynamic matches. Furthermore, we’re adding one armored vehicle to each team’s base to give dominated teams a better chance to quickly get across the map and capture a control point behind enemy lines.
https://www.battlefield.com/news/article/battlefield-1-the-road-ahead

Yep, that's how it's been almost every time I've played it so far. That map is really strangely designed. I still don't know what to think about it. I do hate how little cover there is at B/D, though. Hell, the entire map lacks cover. Really the only exception is the little village at C.

Lakitu

st5fu
Trying to get this Medic medal. I'm suppose to get 20 rifle grenade kills and I've only got 9 after a few hours... what's the best map/mode for these sort of kills?

Top Bottom