• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Yes because this isn't the first time it's happened. Sony is often incompetent when it comes to things store related. We've been dealing with it for years.

That's a lot more plausible then your backdoor deal conspiracy theory.

I've never once seen a game advertised for midnight be pushed to 3am and I am all digital this generation.

Again...All they have to do is push a button. Why haven't they done that extremely easy task?

Great...so I got the Ultimate Edition on Xbox One, and didn't get my five battlepacks, nor do I appear to have gotten the Harlem Hellfighter stuff, The Lawrence of Arabia stuff, etc.

Who should I contact about this?

Nameless

God damn the person who gave the heads up about still being able Early Enlist on the PStore for $20. Damn them straight to hell! I was at peace with my vanilla pre-order.

Pastry

Banned
Day one patch is downloading on PS4 but my code for the early enlisted content isn't working right now.

Anyone else with that problem?

I've never bothered to actually try to figure this out: is there a reason why they never let you quit games between matches in Battlefield? I continue to be absolutely bewildered by this.

Aters

So I pre-ordered Ultimate Edition on PS4. Already got my Deluxe Pack, Premium and the game downloaded. It still tells me that I need to wait almost 3 hours to play. WTF?

I go to bed at 12.

Put in the boat of hating the beta but loving the trial and purchasing the Early Enlister version, game is soooo good.

I didn't hate the beta, but I felt like I couldn't get the hang of any of the guns. I felt like I couldn't land any shots.

But in the trial that seems to have changed. The guns feel pretty good to me thus far and it makes it so much easier to enjoy the game. I'm seriously loving every minute of it.

TheRed

I just did my first operations mode game on Ballroom Blitz and even though we lost as attackers it was amazing. We took the points in front of the Chateau right as our airship was taken down. As we stormed toward the Chateau the airship came crashing down right over it, everyone was in awe and when the dust settled muzzle flashes shone through right at us and the grinding battle was back on. Wow that was so great, it felt like a moment from the old Call of Duty or Medal of Honor campaign brought to life in a multiplayer match. Just amazing and all dynamic.

EA moderator on the Battlefield forum.

"Hey guys,

First, totally understand your frustration. However, ABSOLUTELY NO REASON to sling insults or be abusive, so you can follow the Forum Rules regarding that or you will experience a timeout. That simple.

Sorry for any confusion due to the disparity between the description/release date details and Countdown timer for the Early Enlister launch. The Countdown timer is correct."

"The countdown timer is correct"

So....EA made it 3am. Boom, it was EA. Whether or not they were paid by MS for the slight delay, we don't know, but why else would they delay it?

So what's going to happen. Refunds? Compensation?

I'm still really pissed that their store ratings are glitched (all 5 star games are 4 stars) and this has been going on since THE STORE WAS REDESIGNED.

That has to hurt sales for so many games. Like how shit does your team have to be to not get that fixed yet? Id be pissed if I was some developer who has a 5 star rated game that gets knocked down to 4 stars.

On top of that, I still cant find some games on the search bar and it drives me so MAD when I have to go through a bunch of odd hoops to find something specific.

I hate how amateur Sony comes off with PSN sometimes.

Edit: Even if it was EA's fault, Sony should still fix the PSN store's crappy search and rating bug.

EA moderator on the Battlefield forum.

"Hey guys,

First, totally understand your frustration. However, ABSOLUTELY NO REASON to sling insults or be abusive, so you can follow the Forum Rules regarding that or you will experience a timeout. That simple.

Sorry for any confusion due to the disparity between the description/release date details and Countdown timer for the Early Enlister launch. The Countdown timer is correct."

"The countdown timer is correct"

So....EA made it 3am. Boom, it was EA. Whether or not they were paid by MS for the slight delay, we don't know, but why else would they delay it?

Then I'm getting my 20 bucks back from Sony!!

-EDIT-
I am wide fucking awake and feel the need to be cry about a game release in front of all audiences!
Shouldn't have taken that nap!

Shady859

Day 1 update rolling surprisingly fast, I will get a game in before bed. 2.373GB PS4

My GameStop was a ghost town at 12:10 when I pulled in. One other guy came in while I was there but supposedly they had a rush right at midnight and got them out fast. I think everyone release day just smart enough to go digital or buy at 20% off elsewhere. Not hating GS is a necessary evil for a lot of folks and still good for abusing preorder promos.

Bsigg12

Day 1 update rolling surprisingly fast, I will get a game in before bed. 2.373GB PS4

My GameStop was a ghost town at 12:10 when I pulled in. One other guy came in while I was there but supposedly they had a rush right at midnight and got them out fast. I think everyone release day just smart enough to go digital or buy at 20% off elsewhere. Not hating GS is a necessary evil for a lot of folks and still good for abusing preorder promos.

You won't, PS4 isn't up for a few more hours.

All it means is that it goes live at 3am. Could merely be EA saving face for a back-end fuck up.

Sounding like a crazy conspiracy theorist doesn't exactly help your case.

I don't think its crazy at all. Publishers take payoffs all the time for different things. DLC, advertising, in-game items...Is a slight payoff to delay the game 3 hours on PS4 so far fetched? Out of all the payoffs, THAT one is a conspiracy theory? Especially after EA admitted that the timer is correct, so that is the time EA told Sony to go live?

Simo

Weird. Read my last post and you will see that this is on EA. They even admitted that the timer IS correct.

Then the timer has been correct for a few good months now as it's obviously been counting down to 3am EST/midnight PST.

There was likely an error in communication and Sony listed the wrong info but it's not uncommon where some titles release at midnight in the last time zone of the US which is usually the west coast. lol It's happened before and it'll happen again, there's no money hats involved. lol

Deception

Monte Grappa is probably one of my favorite fps maps of all time. I've never played anything like it, I feel like I'm battling the terrain just as much as the enemies.

Those conspiracy theories are always weird to me.

MS or Sony paid this or that person..
For what..so that some goof could run out at midnight and buy an Xbox or a PS4 because the game doesn't unlock for 3 hours.

I am all good with an honest mistake but it seems like they knew about this and didn't change the store page. Now I want my 20 bucks back. That's like 2 VR games!!

Those conspiracy theories are always weird to me.

MS or Sony paid this or that person..
For what..so that some goof could run out at midnight and buy an Xbox or a PS4 because the game doesn't unlock for 3 hours.

I am all good with an honest mistake but it seems like they knew about this and didn't change the store page. Now I want my 20 bucks back. That's like 2 VR games!!

I hope to get PSVR next month. Some of the games look great, and I really want to play RE7 in VR. I'm very easily scared when gaming, so I figured it was a good idea to take that to the next level.

Top Bottom