• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

I know the game hasn't been out for long, but is it too late to jump in? Looking for another shooter to tide over the Destiny drought and this has really caught my attention.

Not at at all. Its been what like 2 to 3 weeks already? You can play Conquest to rank up pretty fast and the battlecrates are just cosmetics on guns.

Amiibro

I have no clue what I'm doing but this game is fun. I have been playing conquest mode and just gaining levels. What weapons should I work towards and how do I even do that? I have been playing the typical assault class.

Surfinn

Man I just had my first game where I realized how stupidly broken shotguns are. I was outgunned with three quick shotgun blasts from seriously like 40-50 yards away.. dude was hiding behind a rock.

Nerf the range please, shutgunners have no place outgunning at medium-long range. No aim necessary. I'd argue the rate of fire is too fast as well.

Jezbollah

Man I just had my first game where I realized how stupidly broken shotguns are. I was outgunned with three quick shotgun blasts from seriously like 40-50 yards away.. dude was hiding behind a rock.

Nerf the range please, shutgunners have no place outgunning at medium-long range. No aim necessary. I'd argue the rate of fire is too fast as well.

You must have had 20-30 health when getting pinged, because I've spent a lot of time with shotguns and they are no way as effective as you put it from that range. You would be lucky to get more than 10 damage per shot if you manage to hit from there.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
64-player Operations? Yeah... sensory overload is certainly one way to describe it, seeing as how none of the areas are even close to large enough to properly support 64 people.

Pretty much. Great for immersion, but the gameplay becomes stale quickly. Spawn, sprint forward into the cap zone, die. Spawn, run forward, curse your teammates for being useless, die. Unless you happen to get very lucky with your teammates or simply play in a group, it becomes a case of figuratively bashing your head against a brick wall without pause for upwards of an hour with little in the way of gameplay variety.

Jezbollah

Pretty much. Great for immersion, but the gameplay becomes stale quickly. Spawn, sprint forward into the cap zone, die. Spawn, run forward, curse your teammates for being useless, die. It's a case of figuratively bashing your head against a brick wall without pause for upwards of an hour, unless you happen to get very lucky with your teammates or simply play in a group.

40 person Operations is so much better than 64 person.

Theorry

84 hours in and havent had a single connection problem yet. Sometimes i need to convince myself i am playing a BF game at launch. :p

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
I have no clue what I'm doing but this game is fun. I have been playing conquest mode and just gaining levels. What weapons should I work towards and how do I even do that? I have been playing the typical assault class.

stick with assault and get that rank 10 weapon that thing is nuts

So I went ahead, double dipped and bought a PC copy and Christ, what was I thinking before? 100+ FPS on a single GTX 980 at 1440p and everything cranked to Ultra.

Someone do me a favor, please. When the next Battlefield comes around and I try convince myself that I'll be happier with the Xbox One or PS4 version of the game, someone talk some damn sense into me. This has happened for the last five years now. I always end up with every single version but in the end I'm happiest on the PC version. DICE really is one of the best PC developers out there.

BioHazard

So I went ahead, double dipped and bought a PC copy and Christ, what was I thinking before? 100+ FPS on a single GTX 980 at 1440p and everything cranked to Ultra.

Someone do me a favor, please. When the next Battlefield comes around and I try convince myself that I'll be happier with the Xbox One or PS4 version of the game, someone talk some damn sense into me. This has happened for the last five years now. I always end up with every single version but in the end I'm happiest on the PC version. DICE really is one of the best PC developers out there.

I would love to do this but most of my friends are on PS4. I would still double dip if my stats, unlocks, ranks, etc would carry over to PC. Really don't want to have to unlock everything again

Mahonay

Banned
I get disconnected from servers pretty regularly and it's getting super fucking annoying. Having to then sit in a queue while you're waiting to rejoin your friends really sucks.

Venom Fox

Banned
Seen quite a lot of people not knowing how to free look on console whist in a plane.

Click the left stick down, hold it down and move the right stick around.

Has anyone else had some really bad experiences on St. Quentin Scar (Conquest)? For me it's become one of those maps that's either really fun, or just as miserable as Fao Fortress. It's never in-between.

It feels like unless you're in a tank or using a sniper rifle, you're constantly being killed by both. The snipers are especially bad on that map because it's so large and there's so much open ground to cover between most of the CPs. The "bowl" shape of the map makes it favor snipers, too.

Ironically, I've had a far worse time with snipers and tanks on St. Quentin than I have on Sinai! I didn't even think that was possible. Both maps have a ton of open ground, so that just makes it a field day for those players.

And that's another win on iron walls. 70-20 I got that do time. Absolute destruction. Yet another map where the opponent didn't break past the church. We are amazing at iron walls and oil of empires.

Our only falters have been attacking on conquer hell and kaiser. Our only losses

16-4 now for ukps4gaf

Once again amazing all round. Squad is brutal.

meppi

Just noticed something really strange about a clip I uploaded. At 24 seconds I hack an enemy to death with a cleaver, yet I get a team kill -50 point for it. :-/
Not even sure if there are any hardcore servers or anything in the game yet as I always play normal ones anyway. But this certainly was a normal server.

When looking back at it, as I grab him, it's an enemy yet as I plunge my ax into his back, the player model changes to the different team's... and thus I get a team kill.

What the hell just happened there?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0H1Btt_t2s

terrible

Banned
And that's another win on iron walls. 70-20 I got that do time. Absolute destruction. Yet another map where the opponent didn't break past the church. We are amazing at iron walls and oil of empires.

Our only falters have been attacking on conquer hell and kaiser. Our only losses

16-4 now for ukps4gaf

Once again amazing all round. Squad is brutal.

I need in on this sometime. All I'm tasting are losses playing solo, they are quite bitter.

Lemnisc8

So I have a weapon skin for the Russian 1895 Infantry (cavalry main weapon). Unlike other classes where you can go into the weapons and select the skin, there doesn't seem to be any way at all to apply it in the same way as all other classes.

Any ideas? (Xbox one)

Also looking for players to team up with,

tUKE Gib

(EU servers, 8pm till late)

Feel free to add please and save me from the ransoms!

ironmang

So I see team balancing still doesn't exist. Lose basically every round of Rush unless I sit in the server for a couple hours for the good players to leave. Pretty much 100% going for objective, always 1.5+ k/d and can't win at all lol.

Wouldn't be so bad if loading servers wasn't so horrifically slow that I could hop until I found a fair game.

robotrock

Banned
Cannot invite anyone to my party or join parties on PC right now.

Keep on getting "Origin encountered an error" and "Could not join party"

other great stuff like "friend invited you to play Battlefield™ 1, but it is no longer available to join."

chiliboy

Such an amazing game, been a long time since I enjoyed a PC game like this!
BUT - after 80 hours I'm starting to crave the new patch, we need it ASAP.
So many things are just not working, from group function to UI to medals to in-game bugs.
So many of my deaths come from not being able to shoot after revive or throwing grenades, from spawning on behemoths and getting instakilled etc.

Please DICE - hurry it up so we can enjoy the game as it is supposed to be.

Just had a match where spawning in the zeppelin automatically killed you. Lame!

Yeah UKps4gaf had a game on Iron Walls where right at the start of the match (we were defending) the opponent only needed one shot with the AA gun and the zeppelin went down! hahaha

Needless to say they once again didn't break the second section. That's three defences in a row they haven't broke the second section.

I dislike spawncampers. I dislike them very much.

On Amiens attacking Kaiserslacht I discovered a spawn point. Model 10 with a support and a medic behind me last night. It was literally a bloodbath. I ended with like 70 kills haha
I'm sure it's considered camping when they spawn inside a house and you just stand in the doorway blamming as they spawn

Such an amazing game, been a long time since I enjoyed a PC game like this!
BUT - after 80 hours I'm starting to crave the new patch, we need it ASAP.
So many things are just not working, from group function to UI to medals to in-game bugs.
So many of my deaths come from not being able to shoot after revive or throwing grenades, from spawning on behemoths and getting instakilled etc.

Please DICE - hurry it up so we can enjoy the game as it is supposed to be.

Switch the weapon if you cannot fire after revive, ->pistol->primary solves the bug.

Top Bottom