• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

I keep getting revive bugs, hit them with the syringe and they just die (and they are not tapping out, because I've only played in squads with friends).

Was bored during a university class and decided to try out the companion app.
Ended up with an emblem, thought I might just as well share it:

512.png

Watcha guys think ;3?

Nattan

Boosting with torpedo boats seems to be getting popular in conquest. I have now encountered it multiple times, always in the Empire's Edge map. They take the boat and drive it to a corner of the map and do something dirty in there. They always have a closed squad, so can't spawn there and see. In the post match credits 50+ vehicles destroyed and 20000-25000 score + possible match bonus.

web01

Boosting with torpedo boats seems to be getting popular in conquest. I have now encountered it multiple times, always in the Empire's Edge map. They take the boat and drive it to a corner of the map and do something dirty in there. They always have closed squad, so can't spawn there and see. In the post match credits 50+ vehicles destroyed and 20000-25000 score + possible match bonus.

Are they are killing the enemy boats from a distance as they spawn?
Seems extremely boring.

chiliboy

Boosting with torpedo boats seems to be getting popular in conquest. I have now encountered it multiple times, always in the Empire's Edge map. They take the boat and drive it to a corner of the map and do something dirty in there. They always have closed squad, so can't spawn there and see. In the post match credits 50+ vehicles destroyed and 20000-25000 score + possible match bonus.

Ugh, why though? Its easy to rank in this game if you are halfway decent - you will gain the ranks eventually. Almost rank 80 and lvl 10 in all classes (just by playing normally) except cavalry and pilot while having a full time job, other hobbies etc taking time. Dice will no doubt fix the exploit in the next patch :)

ah lol thats why a guy had 35000 score and just a K/D of 3/7 hahaha i checked if he was on the " best players list" and he had a 94 under Vehicles destroyed XD

that shouldnt be possible...

Nattan

Are they are killing the enemy boats from a distance as they spawn?
Seems extremely boring.
Could be that. Few times there has been an enemy boat with them, so maybe that was just the typical damage and repair combo.

Oh and it's always nice to see the possible enemy/ally dreadnought putting an end to their sorry lives :p

Pakoe

Why would you boost though lol, sounds boring as fuck. Have sitting in the corner of the map, i'll enjoy playing normally. As long as they don't annoy me with any bug/glitch, i don't really care.

I have played 2-3 matches of operation every night since release.

Level 40 with level 10 assault (only used Model 10 because fuck the nerf crowd)

I fail to see why boosting is even a thing people want to do.

Machina

Banned
I have played 2-3 matches of operation every night since release.

Level 40 with level 10 assault (only used Model 10 because fuck the nerf crowd)

I fail to see why boosting is even a thing people want to do.

So you don't class your use of a clearly OP weapon to get Assault to level 10 as boosting? Presumably because you wanted access to another obscenely OP weapon

Such an amazing game, been a long time since I enjoyed a PC game like this!
BUT - after 80 hours I'm starting to crave the new patch, we need it ASAP.
So many things are just not working, from group function to UI to medals to in-game bugs.
So many of my deaths come from not being able to shoot after revive or throwing grenades, from spawning on behemoths and getting instakilled etc.

Please DICE - hurry it up so we can enjoy the game as it is supposed to be.

yup. game is so great, but I'm gonna wait for the patch to keep the game fresh.

So you don't class your use of a clearly OP weapon to get Assault to level 10 as boosting? Presumably because you wanted access to another obscenely OP weapon

Haha are you for real? Get a grip.

I play at the point of the attack - a flag defender - a tank destroyer
I play the weapon that is best suited to my role

I've used exclusively the model 10 because that has been exclusively my role. Plenty of people from UKps4gaf can back me up on that. We already have brilliant medics and support etc...

and no, I won't use the hellreigel. That was a point of discussion between us lot last night. I'll probably be the first to get to level 10 and continue to use model 10.

Even if they nerf the model 10 because of people incorrectly claiming it's OP - I'll just use the next best Shotty because it's what my role requires.

Xater

Such an amazing game, been a long time since I enjoyed a PC game like this!
BUT - after 80 hours I'm starting to crave the new patch, we need it ASAP.
So many things are just not working, from group function to UI to medals to in-game bugs.
So many of my deaths come from not being able to shoot after revive or throwing grenades, from spawning on behemoths and getting instakilled etc.

Please DICE - hurry it up so we can enjoy the game as it is supposed to be.

Same here. I really need the patch to properly spend some time with the game again. I wonder if the patch will come on the 10th. I mean they already have to pay money to release a patch for the Pro, so maybe they will put it all out at once. At least I hope so...

It is really only useful at close range though. I really don't understand everyone saying it's too powerful at range, I have used it for over ten hours now and 9 times out of 10 I am outgunned at anything mid to long range unless the enemy was already low on health. It is taking off anything from 3 to 10 health at long range and at the most 20 to 30 at mid which gives the enemy plenty of time to retaliate with their rifle or machine gun (unless they are bad or panic)

At close range it destroys fools though, like it should.

It is really only useful at close range though. I really don't understand everyone saying it's too powerful at range, I have used it for over ten hours now and 9 times out of 10 I am outgunned at anything mid to long range unless the enemy was already low on health. It is taking off anything from 3 to 10 health at long range and at the most 20 to 30 at mid which gives the enemy plenty of time to retaliate with their rifle or machine gun (unless they are bad or panic)

At close range it destroys fools though, like it should.

Agreed. The only time I can take out a full health at long range is if I use cover and dropshot and like you said - it takes a good few hits. Maybe even a switch to sidearm.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
holy fucking jesus the model 10 hunter

Cryxo93

Banned
Oh my! Now that I've spent an hour forwarding ports for the constant mid game disconnections on PS4 it's like light and day! Now I can enjoy this game without fearing server dropouts! So good!

Agreed :D Not unusual to go in and clear whole squads while pushing objectives with it haha

Which is exactly what it should be used for :)

Before the OP brigade get here - you can get overpowered by multiple enemies, outshot by faster rate of fire and lastly you can only defend objectives if you are clever.
Long range with any weapon will take you out.

But as you say - when played correctly you can be a proper force at short range. Which is the same for all three shotty.

AllenShrz

I almost....ALMOST..... ALMOST won as attacker on Oil of Empires 64 player.

That operation in just unjust as an attacker, 3 waves for all 3 maps.

I almost....ALMOST..... ALMOST won as attacker on Oil of Empires 64 player.

That operation in just unjust as an attacker, 3 waves for all 3 maps.

Meanwhile UKps4gaf took all three maps and lost only one sector

Suez when the opponent was given the tank out of mercy.

First time I'd ever seen the 2nd and 3rd maps but we absolutely brutalized our opponents. For more trivia - every other time ukps4gaf has played oil it's been defending and the opponent has never broke the second sector haha. Just like Iron Walls.

AllenShrz

Im still raging from that last game.... We were so close, caping the last B point with all we had and we lost.

And the game had the nerve to say to me "minor victory" at the end of the game.

Fuck you!

This game just got 100% easier for me because I started using the server browser to avoid laggy servers. For a long time I was just clicking on operations, and I think I was ending up with lag in pretty much every game.

Which is exactly what it should be used for :)

Before the OP brigade get here - you can get overpowered by multiple enemies, outshot by faster rate of fire and lastly you can only defend objectives if you are clever.
Long range with any weapon will take you out.

But as you say - when played correctly you can be a proper force at short range. Which is the same for all three shotty.

I only even tried the Model 10 because I got the Riot skin for it and thought I'd give it a go, but I haven't used an SMG since. I don't notice much difference between the standard version and the hunter really. The slug version is pretty shit though. Only 1/3 of a class level until I get the Hellriegel too so I'll give that a go when I get it, maybe alternate between the 2.

If anything in the game needs to be nerfed first it's the dreadnought on Oil Of Empires. There's no way to kill it and you spend the whole match getting pummeled. They need to provide torpedo boats or more field guns.

I only even tried the Model 10 because I got the Riot skin for it and thought I'd give it a go, but I haven't used an SMG since. I don't notice much difference between the standard version and the hunter really. The slug version is pretty shit though. Only 1/3 of a class level until I get the Hellriegel too so I'll give that a go when I get it, maybe alternate between the 2.

If anything in the game needs to be nerfed first it's the dreadnought on Oil Of Empires. There's no way to kill it and you spend the whole match getting pummeled. They need to provide torpedo boats or more field guns.

Yeah that dreadnought is really hard to get. You can't even take a boat to it and dynamite charge it because it does nothing to it. I do find it more of a nuisance than anything, doesn't ever stop us.

Objective A on the second section of Amiens, the one that's upstairs in that building. They need to do something about that like ASAP.

Bought this game two days ago and it is phenomenal! I was in a party with my two good friends on ballroom blitz conquest and we snuck into point E to capture it. We hid inside the house and fought one of the most fun online wars ever, we held the house for over 15 minutes fending off foes from all angles while they sniped, shot, bombed our building. We got outnumbered and eventually lost it but the laughs and screams from it were too much.

bosseye

I'm not really keeping the contents of any Battlepacks I get. No real interest in skins, most of them are for guns I'll never use and half of them are barely any different from the standard skin.

So I'm just scrapping most of them for now. I scrapped some bling gold pistol skin last night. Then I checked the possible contents of the most expensive box and the skin I had just ditched was possibly in there, so it was presumably a rare-ish one.

Ah well. Shame there isn't a trade system

bosseye

Bought this game two days ago and it is phenomenal! I was in a party with my two good friends on ballroom blitz conquest and we snuck into point E to capture it. We hid inside the house and fought one of the most fun online wars ever, we held the house for over 15 minutes fending off foes from all angles while they sniped, shot, bombed our building. We got outnumbered and eventually lost it but the laughs and screams from it were too much.

:D Nice.

I was in the ballroom the other night with friends while the enemy team drove a flame tank up and down outside, filling most of the ballroom with fire all along the one wall - it was utter chaos, but so much fun. I lobbed a couple of lucky AT grenades outside and managed to disabled it.

kriskrosbbk

This game just got 100% easier for me because I started using the server browser to avoid laggy servers. For a long time I was just clicking on operations, and I think I was ending up with lag in pretty much every game.
Are there operations servers through the browser?Thought no.

I'm not really keeping the contents of any Battlepacks I get. No real interest in skins, most of them are for guns I'll never use and half of them are barely any different from the standard skin.

So I'm just scrapping most of them for now. I scrapped some bling gold pistol skin last night. Then I checked the possible contents of the most expensive box and the skin I had just ditched was possibly in there, so it was presumably a rare-ish one.

Ah well. Shame there isn't a trade system
Just do what I do and save all the battlepacks for the Battlefield Anniversary event later this month for which they promised unique skins. Check the available skin roster before opening your packs, if all you see is stuff you don't like (same with me when it comes to gold skins, I hate golden weapons, and it's 90% of the current Revision) then save them till they change it a few days later.

The Dude

Absolutely one of the best shooters the last 10 years. I was waffling some titanfall 2 in there as well and man, it doesn't even sniff this games balls even tho they are definitely different kinds of games, this game just has a feel to it like no other. Love it

Just do what I do and save all the battlepacks for the Battlefield Anniversary event later this month for which they promised unique skins. Check the available skin roster before opening your packs, if all you see is stuff you don't like (same with me when it comes to gold skins, I hate golden weapons, and it's 90% of the current Revision) then save them till they change it a few days later.
Does that work?

Acinixys

I miss old conquest

The new ticket system is stupid as hell

Ive lost SO many games where my team has 900 points and all the flags, but the enemy has 950 points and just gets a few kills and wins in 2 minutes

Extremely frustrating

Does that work?

No. If you have a Revision 1, it will stay Revision 1 even when they change to the next revision. So dont save Battlepacks. Open them and scrap the trash skins to save scraps till a pack with lots of good stuff comes along

Yeah that dreadnought is really hard to get. You can't even take a boat to it and dynamite charge it because it does nothing to it. I do find it more of a nuisance than anything, doesn't ever stop us.

Objective A on the second section of Amiens, the one that's upstairs in that building. They need to do something about that like ASAP.

You don't even get any boats if you're defending against a dreadnought and only a handful of planes. Both are easily killed before doing any real damage. The 2 field guns are easily destroyed and takes a while to respawn too. We did manage to hold the sector but that was mainly down to them bombing the shot out of the points with the ship and artillery trucks, but never actually rushing it to try and cap.

That bunker cap on Amiens is tough though. I usually toss down a smoke grenade, couple of anti tank grenades and some dynamite. After the explosions I'll bayonet charge in and see who I can skewer. And if there's anyone left to take me out I'll just lie there and wait for Redders to rez me. A plan with no drawbacks.

Nameless

I miss old conquest

The new ticket system is stupid as hell

Ive lost SO many games where my team has 900 points and all the flags, but the enemy has 950 points and just gets a few kills and wins in 2 minutes

Extremely frustrating

Really? I've lost games being up in this scenario. No arguments, though. Change Behemoths so they're a bit weaker and don't spawn unless a team is down 250-300 tickets, make 1 and 2 flag advantages more rewarding, tick down from 1000 and I think we're on the right track.

Grimalkin

I have an irrational hatred for Operations. I hate that game mode, no matter what map, no matter if I am on the attacking or defending team. Fuck that game mode.

This game is so buggy. I keep getting plagued by 2 bugs in particular.

One is the revive bug, where I try to revive people and it just doesn't work. Like the other poster above, I know these people haven't released yet.

The other bug which is worse is that sometimes when I am revived or just plain respawn my gun won't work. It gets stuck in an animation frame and I can't do anything; can't shoot or reload or look down my iron sights. It won't let me switch weapons either. Nothing. I just have to run around until someone kills me again and hope no one revives me before I can release.

Playing with randoms, why god why can't they follow squad leader orders?!

I had no idea teabagging was alive and well. While waiting to respawn, this one dude kept going prone over and over on my corpse for no reason and I was like, "What the fuck is he doing?" and then I realized. I see it once every few games... the more things change...

You don't even get any boats if you're defending against a dreadnought and only a handful of planes. Both are easily killed before doing any real damage. The 2 field guns are easily destroyed and takes a while to respawn too. We did manage to hold the sector but that was mainly down to them bombing the shot out of the points with the ship and artillery trucks, but never actually rushing it to try and cap.

That bunker cap on Amiens is tough though. I usually toss down a smoke grenade, couple of anti tank grenades and some dynamite. After the explosions I'll bayonet charge in and see who I can skewer. And if there's anyone left to take me out I'll just lie there and wait for Redders to rez me. A plan with no drawbacks.

Redders you say? I'm Luvs_2_Squidge. Maybe we've played before? haha

Lender

Nah Operations cannot at this time be found through server browser, the person must be talking about joining other modes instead and finding proper pinged servers.
The matchmaking is really iffy when it comes to quick match and operations, sometimes you end up in servers on the wrong continent..
Or servers where you het thrown into the game which has already been going for ages. And usually thrown into the losing side.

The Dude

I find operations incredible, and its not so bad running without a set group. I just work with the teams I see, works out decently

It's Judas himself haha. See you at ten I guess ;)

Yeah, I'll be on at 10 for a round of Operations. Can only stay for 1 though as I'm getting up at 04:00 tomorrow to see the election results.

Is anyone on PS4GAF getting the season pass? I usually go for each DLC individually but I'm fairly confident I'll end up getting them all. And if everyone has it then we can do the new operations 2 weeks early.

Top Bottom