• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Yeah, I'll be on at 10 for a round of Operations. Can only stay for 1 though as I'm getting up at 04:00 tomorrow to see the election results.

Is anyone on PS4GAF getting the season pass? I usually go for each DLC individually but I'm fairly confident I'll end up getting them all. And if everyone has it then we can do the new operations 2 weeks early.

I know Nitro2buggy has it. Personally I don't have it but I do intend to buy the DLC when they come out. I might pick up the season pass for the 2 week thing but only if ukps4gaf stays strong until then.

Nuszka

Yeah, I'll be on at 10 for a round of Operations. Can only stay for 1 though as I'm getting up at 04:00 tomorrow to see the election results.

Is anyone on PS4GAF getting the season pass? I usually go for each DLC individually but I'm fairly confident I'll end up getting them all. And if everyone has it then we can do the new operations 2 weeks early.

About the pass, i will wait until before any dlc gets released, maybe it will go on sale before, who knows. I will be getting it nonetheless.

About the pass, i will wait until before any dlc gets released, maybe it will go on sale before, who knows. I will be getting it nonetheless.

That's probably what I'll do. The only advantage to buying it now is one battlepack a month. Apparently in total there will be 16 new maps, but I'm skeptical that it will just be one big map per DLC that they carve up into smaller maps for other game modes

Pastry

Banned
That's probably what I'll do. The only advantage to buying it now is one battlepack a month. Apparently in total there will be 16 new maps, but I'm skeptical that it will just be one big map per DLC that they carve up into smaller maps for other game modes
That's not how it works. It'll be 4 large (Conquest) maps per DLC, nothing to worry about there.

The Dude

For those that leveled assault, what gave you the most experience, taking out tanks?

I'm almost 10 with support and medic, gonna work assault soon... Just lookin for some exp tips for the class

For those that leveled assault, what gave you the most experience, taking out tanks?

I'm almost 10 with support and medic, gonna work assault soon... Just lookin for some exp tips for the class

That's right mate. You run up to a tank, couple dynamite charges to the tracks so it's a sitting duck, couple anti-tank grenades, then your standard frag if needed.

Get exp per passenger kills, exp for disabling tracks or weapons, exp for disabling vehicle and a big bonus for the actual destruction.

Booyah. I have yet to fail to earn 25-30K at least per operation.

The Dude

That's right mate. You run up to a tank, couple dynamite charges to the tracks so it's a sitting duck, couple anti-tank grenades, then your standard frag if needed.

Get exp per passenger kills, exp for disabling tracks or weapons, exp for disabling vehicle and a big bonus for the actual destruction.

Which assault weapons you favor the most in ranking up?

I bought the season pass. Never been disappointed and bf1 is my addiction.

Which assault weapons you favor the most in ranking up?

I used the standard SMG at the start - M18 Trench gun I think - hated it.
Used the standard shotty, the first one you unlock. It had it's points and it was useable.

As soon as I unlocked model 10 Hunter - haven't looked back. If you play the correct way it's perfect.

Tank destroyer - good for killing passengers that jump out
Flag capturing - great for close combat
Flag Defending - see above
Storming bunkers/buildings - perfect for the point of the attack

The Dude

Used the standard shotty, the first one you unlock. It had it's points and it was useable.

As soon as I unlocked model 10 Hunter - haven't looked back. If you play the correct way it's perfect.

Yea, was pretty much where I was at with it when I'd dive in, sounds like a blast

Redders

I've bought it, saw the amount of content you got with BF4 and thought this would last me a long while.

Yea, was pretty much where I was at with it when I'd dive in, sounds like a blast

Yeah as I say I normally do 2 or 3 operations a day and I normally go up an assault rank each day - one or two service stars thrown in each day.

Consistently in the top group of the board. Win ratio of like 80% or something.

It's perfect for my role and how I play

I've bought it, saw the amount of content you got with BF4 and thought this would last me a long while.

If you've got it and Nitro2buggy has it.... guess I better buy it too haha

Theorry

Holy shit just won a unwinnable Operation really. Started on Fao Fortress and we already lost one battalion on the first set of flags. Good start. Pushed through finally. Lost another battalion at the Fort. But the next two maps. Suez and Sinai we pushed through without losing the last battalion. Pretty insane and the carry was real lol.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
Was bored during a university class and decided to try out the companion app.
Ended up with an emblem, thought I might just as well share it:

512.png

Watcha guys think ;3?

not enough vagina bulge.. 0/10

The Dude

Yeah as I say I normally do 2 or 3 operations a day and I normally go up an assault rank each day - one or two service stars thrown in each day.

Consistently in the top group of the board. Win ratio of like 80% or something.

It's perfect for my role and how I play

If you've got it and Nitro2buggy has it.... guess I better buy it too haha

Operations is such a fun as hell mode, love it also

Holy shit just won a unwinnable Operation really. Started on Fao Fortress and we already lost one battalion on the first set of flags. Good start. Pushed through finally. Lost another battalion at the Fort. But the next two maps. Suez and Sinai we pushed through without losing the last battalion. Pretty insane and the carry was real lol.

Nothing like that turn-around and epic win. The feeling at the end is brilliant.

As I say UKps4gaf did this on Kaiserslacht with zero tickets left on the final take and the cheering/applaud was the best gaming moment I've had in years

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
When I've tried playing operations past few days I'm thrown into an empty server...happening to anyone else? (PC)

Happens to me since release (PS4) :(
Operations is awesome but the matchmaker doesnt let me play.

I think I'm learning the hard way it's simply impossible to have fun playing this game with randoms. You never have help anywhere you go, nor do you ever get revived. This game's community is so damn bad.

Are there any PC players here who mostly play Conquest and would like to team up? If so, please send me an invite on Origin (Chubzdoomer is also my username on there).

It's killing me having almost no one to squad up with.

terrible

Banned
I think I'm learning the hard way it's simply impossible to have fun playing this game with randoms. You never have help anywhere you go, nor do you ever get revived. This game's community is so damn bad.

Are there any PC players here who mostly play Conquest and would like to team up? If so, please send me an invite on Origin (Chubzdoomer is also my username on there).

I'd settle for support dropping ammo and medics dropping health, I've seen that a few times at best. Actually sticking together is like some next level shit. That'll never happen with random players.

The Flash

Banned

Playing with randos is definitely starting to wear me out as well.

Origin ID is AgentStrange0.
Pretty much exclusively play Conquest and Operations. Got bad light tank skills and I'm decent at Assault. US East Coast.

Anyone else here who wants to add me feel free.

The Dude

Weird, I'm not having to much issue playing with random... And I can top score charts still at times in operations, tdm etc... I just sort of do my thing and follow a squad around that seems capable. You have to sometimes jump around from squad to squad to see dudes who are performing their duties. I'm just to Inconsistent with my play schedule to really curve out with people for stuff like this, so I have to make due but I don't think It's that unmanageable so far

As for revives I tend to get revived quite a bit

I feel you. Hell, I've been in teams with people on my friends list talking with them in TeamSpeak outside of game and they still wander off and do random shit unless you specifically tell them to do something. We were playing Suez and had a 200 point lead, and everyone in my squad decided to focus on taking down the train instead of defending points. We ended up losing by 200, a 400 point swing in the last few minutes. It was absurd. People tend to play fairly individualistic, which is a pain in the ass as I'm running behind them trying to heal them up and they end up getting mortared to hell.

Mossybrew

Not my experience on PS4 so far. Get revived quite a bit, squads stick together fairly frequently, not always of course, but then sometimes I'm the one doing random lone wolf shit and not sticking with others, so I can't complain.

The Dude

Not my experience on PS4 so far. Get revived quite a bit, squads stick together fairly frequently, not always of course, but then sometimes I'm the one doing random lone wolf shit and not sticking with others, so I can't complain.

Same, and yea I'm on ps4 as well this time around. Maybe that community is just a bit more helpful, but I revive when I'm medic and get revived a good bit. I also lone wolf it but I stay with groups and help out, supply etc

Nah you can't leave out the Automatico 1918 Trench version. That smg shreds through people and you can kill people at somewhat decent distance without aiming down the sight. Definitely recommend that to supplement the shotgun.

Took me only 5 hours with that gun to rack up 638 kills.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member

So you prefer dynamite over the AT rocket gun? Is it more powerful? I suppose it's a trade off with having to run right up beside the tank as opposed to firing from distance.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I'm still not quite sure what to think of the game. I played a lot of BF4 and I miss the customization options here. The gun you get is the gun you get. I really liked messing with those things in BF4, also the classes feel way more restricted now.
I used to be pretty good with LMGs but I suck terribly with them in BF1 and I can't really figure out if that's me or the game. I still like the game but I kinda suck at it, and I used to be pretty good in BF4

Edit: For example, the Limpet Charges seem....really useless. It's hard enough to get near a vehicle since often there are 3-4 guys in there covering all angles and it doesn't really do that much damage? So unless the vehicle is already damaged, it feels....useless. Compare that to the joy in BF4 of sneaking up to a tank and blowing it sky-high with a couple of C4 charges...

terrible

Banned
But that's like....WW1? Usin bolt action rifles in a location without moving :p

Realism isn't all that fun in a shooter usually lol

I'm still not quite sure what to think off the game. I played a lot of BF4 and I miss the customization options here. The gun you get is the gun you get. I really liked messing with those things in BF4, also the classes feel way more restricted now.
I used to be pretty good with LMGs but I suck terribly with them in BF1 and I can't really figure out if that's me or the game. I still like the game but I kinda suck at it, and I used to be pretty good in BF4

BF4 has a lot more depth and is the superior game imo.

elyetis

This seems kinda big? https://mobile.twitter.com/Striterax_/status/795939811467071489 EDIT: seems like its a rent a server option.
Hardcore but with a sniper limite was already the best way ( well my favorite ) to play bf 3 & 4 ( on pc at least ), but since it wasn't an official implementation it was far from perfect ( did let people pick more sniper than the limit, but killed you if you did a kill past that limit ).

Seeing an official implementation even if it's not activated on official servers is a godsent, and bf1 need it even more than it's predecessor.

terrible

Banned
Does anyone in here play Domination?

I'm curious why squads are 5 players in 24 player modes. You get two squads of 5 and then the last two people are stuck in a squad of 2. I wonder why they didn't just up the limit to 6 for Domination. Heck they could lower it to 4 and that'd work too.

IvanJ

Banned
I also have a decent experience with randoms (on PS4). But, of course, I am a random as well :)

I have a good experience with medics, I get revived at a decent rate (which is a bit bad because that means that I am dead a lot), I see that a lot of people spot enemies, and people seem to be aware enough when and where to spawn.

Of course, there are always situations when you see the medic distance counting down towards you...5...4...3...2...1...and then the medic just runs past you and sprints away...8...9...10...11...12...

One thing I have noticed in my time as a medic, people don't stay dead. A lot of times, I would run towards them for a revive, skull circle still half full, and then it disappears...Guess they hold X to get to a respawn screen faster, which makes little sense because they still have to wait fir a respawn. If it were an isolated incident, it could be explained by people wanting to change their loadouts, but it's happening much too often.

And there are still too many squad leaders leaving xp on the table by not marking objectives. Hopefully as time goes on they'll pick up on it more. It's frustrating when that happens, because if that keeps happening and I try to break off and create my squad I usually stay alone, and that's not good either for obvious reasons.

But other than those few gripes, I am loving this game so much, playing Operations exclusively, and I used to be a huge Rush guy. I've played only a couple of those for a medal, and that's it.

P.S. To answer a previous question, I paid for Premium already. I know I'll play this game so much, and that I'll be there for all expansions day one. So I took advantage of the spend $100 get $15 back deal to buy the game and premium, basically getting a 30% discount on the premium.

P.P.S. Anyone else having problems getting the Operations medal to get awarded? First step is "Play one round", and two days and ten matches later it still hasn't been unlocked.

neemmss

I am playing this game on the PS4 and sometimes when I start running there seems to be some type of lag. The character, every couple of seconds, would run in the same place and then start moving again. If I stop running and then start running again the problem goes away until the next time. Does anyone else experience something like this?

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Out of curiosity, how many people here play Support? Cause the more I play the more I feel like nobody does (except me, cause Support used to be my class in BF4). I kept an eye out for it and in three matches maybe 6-7 people (out of 64) were playing Support. And I think that's cause the LMGs in the game just suck. Since 50% of the classes are basically snipers who can kill you with 2 shots they are useless over a distance but since they also don't do a lot of damage they also can't compete with the Assault class. Plus Assault gets to be the Anti-Tank class while Support gets...well...Limpet charges which, as I said above, seem totally useless.
Am I just too slow to catch that Support is the worst class in this game? You can be honest.

Top Bottom