• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

- screw teammates that dont even bother trying to destroy a tank and prefer getting steamrolled because of it. Switch to assault for 5 secs for fucks sake

Silly (but genuine) question: what is the best way to do this? I'm generally a medic, so a tank causes me to "peace out" and come get some revives when it's gone. But I also try to be a team player. Is there equipment for a Level 0 Assault that can take down armor? I've tried the anti-armor grenades but I'm rubbish with them. Anything else effective? Or is it just a matter of learning how to use those effectively?

Better yet, any YouTube videos I could check out that show some good Assault anti-tank play?

-SG

Do mortars/anti-tank grenades/limpet charges ever resupply by themselves, or do you need to sit next to an ammo crate for a few seconds? It never seems consistent to me.

Like what the heck, this dude gets two in under a minute (great clip, by the way):

I'm not entirely sure either, but when I play support I constantly spam ammo crates so maybe that's why they keep replenishing.

Sure it's been mentioned but what the hell is up with these online menus? Talk about a confusing, cumbersome clusterfuck.

Having a ton of fun but geeze it's so hard getting a game together with friends.

Need to get a good microphone so I can join in on the Squad Action! I Hope there is a decent GAF community playing on the US/American Servers?

Living in Japan right now and the fact that Operation is quickmatch only without Server select is boring me in the Butt now, mode is almost a Ghost Town in Asia now xD!

To something completely different: still can't make lvl 1 Medic work for me. Get outgunned at all ranges, can barely do anything about Tanks even with HE noob Tube and if I Pick that I have to give up one of two of the absolutely essential Medic Items. Oh DICE, why couldn't you give us a Slot free revival Item?

Also wish We had the Infantry Versions of the Bolt-Actions as all Kit weapons, then I could at least Switch weapons around a Bit... And it also makes truly historic custom Servers impossible because almost everyone would have to Play as recon.

I'm playing on PS4 as support and I love using mortars but I don't know if its a glitch or what but when I pick up my mortar to run to a new location the game won't let me put it down again for several minutes? What is going on?

That would defeat the purpose of the class.
The purpose of the class is to supply ammo and support pushes by slaughtering defenders after finding a good spot to bipod, not camping in the back and padding your K/D ratio like a bad recon. And that's all you'll do if you camp with the mortar when you play War pigeons, Domination or are the Attacker on rush, operations and if you team needs to push because you are losing the majority of flags in Conquest.

So it is only useful as defender during rush and operations and if you manage to lock down primed MCOMs in rush or cleverly destroy key buildings used by the other team. Sadly that's about as rare to witness as people playing recon well.

any news on when the patch hits?
According to /r/battlefield_one, the patch is coming on Tuesday 15th.
peus4bt.png
Patch coming on the 15th

Such a sharp contrast going from the beta on PS4 to retail on Pro.

The frame rate stopped me from purchasing the game at launch but to play it now at an almost 60fps is mind blowing.

Need to get a good microphone so I can join in on the Squad Action! I Hope there is a decent GAF community playing on the US/American Servers?

Living in Japan right now and the fact that Operation is quickmatch only without Server select is boring me in the Butt now, mode is almost a Ghost Town in Asia now xD!

To something completely different: still can't make lvl 1 Medic work for me. Get outgunned at all ranges, can barely do anything about Tanks even with HE noob Tube and if I Pick that I have to give up one of two of the absolutely essential Medic Items. Oh DICE, why couldn't you give us a Slot free revival Item?

Also wish We had the Infantry Versions of the Bolt-Actions as all Kit weapons, then I could at least Switch weapons around a Bit... And it also makes truly historic custom Servers impossible because almost everyone would have to Play as recon.
I do ok as medic and I favor the Selbstadler (however it's spelled) 1916. It's got 26 rounds, so it's like any other medic rifle with nearly 3x the number of shots available. 3 hits is a guaranteed kill, and you have enough bullets to just spam and get suppressive fire bonuses. Since the focus is still revives and laying down health, I don't care about frag counts, but that gun gets it done.

Theorry

Patch incoming? sweet, wonder what it will do.

Hopefully a shit ton. Rent a server, loadouts in menu, better loading times, Suez map change. revive bug, gas grenade turned abit down and giving people 1 gas grenade instead of 2. More skins for vehicles (the ones levelcap all showed close before release but they are nowhere to be found) and soldiers, medals fix or even better a complete overhaul, better squad up system, AA changes (less range and less screenshake when hit), more options for earning battlepacks and less rng. XP boost in a battepack wich it says in the description but nobody gets it. Behemoth balancing. Really needed with the zeppelin. Probably still missing something haha.

Silly (but genuine) question: what is the best way to do this? I'm generally a medic, so a tank causes me to "peace out" and come get some revives when it's gone. But I also try to be a team player. Is there equipment for a Level 0 Assault that can take down armor? I've tried the anti-armor grenades but I'm rubbish with them. Anything else effective? Or is it just a matter of learning how to use those effectively?

Better yet, any YouTube videos I could check out that show some good Assault anti-tank play?

Support magnetic mine do 40 damage, pretty OP. Can do 54-56 damage with 1 and a nade.
Only need 1 support helping you

Marvel

could never
Nice.

Is it also a Pro patch you think? bit confused as to whether or not we've already had it. Some say yes, others no lol

bosseye

We were getting destroyed depending last night on Oil of Empires, chiefly because the enemy had two tanks and no one other than me was trying to take them out. I died so many times to the guy in the heavy tank as he was playing quite clever, but finally, finally he got over confident and I was able predict his movements and the fucker rolled right over my just laid dynamite, kabooooom ahahahahahaha. Sweet revenge.

Even playing like crap on a team of chumps we still won eventually on Sinai, needs a disciplined team to capture the last 3 points.

Nice.

Is it also a Pro patch you think? bit confused as to whether or not we've already had it. Some say yes, others no lol

The patch on Tuesday? The patch is def fixes such as changes to Suez map and other things. Is it also the Pro patch? No one knows, but I think its fair to assume it might also include the Pro patch.

The Dude

Snipers are so funny with their kd ratio but oh so pathetic scores in operations.

Question, I'm trying to get into using planes but damn I'm not having tons of luck with it quite yet... Are bombers a bit easier to settle into?

Whales

Banned

you should just pick assault, use the anti tank grenade and equip the rocket launcher and use that too

if theres like 2-3 assaults focusing on a tank he will die quickly. But that almost never happens sadly

XzJuDS9.gif

Love the Russian sniper rifle. There is another clip I'll share later on where you can see the bullet from the other guy dipping just next to me as mine hits him in the head.

you should just pick assault, use the anti tank grenade and equip the rocket launcher and use that too

if theres like 2-3 assaults focusing on a tank he will die quickly. But that almost never happens sadly

Haha you guys haven't seen ukps4gaf play.... someone spots the tank and hollers it's location. I make a bee line directly for it - dynamite in hand.

Most of the time I arrive to see two more running at it haha. Tanks hardly ever survive against us to get more than a couple kills.

If we come against a pro - like the guy with 18 tank service stars - my boy nitro rocks up with the hammer and as soon as the driver gets out we hijack it and fully heal it. Tank denial is supreme.

Daffy Duck

Last night was great. Pushing those objectives hard was a lot of fun, they didn't know what to do.

Today I learnt that my guy can't throw dynamite like he throws anti tank grenades.

rank 10 assault gun is a moooooooooooonster

also, is the AT gun or dynamite the better for fukkin up tanks?

Honestly I'm kinda disappointing with the dynamite in this game. Even with 3 direct hits the most I ever get is vehicle disabled on a heavy tank. And it's not as if they stick to the vheicle like C4 does in BF4. AT gun is great at range and for shooting out walls you know infantry is behind, so I usually go with that.

Recall

Snipers are so funny with their kd ratio but oh so pathetic scores in operations.

Question, I'm trying to get into using planes but damn I'm not having tons of luck with it quite yet... Are bombers a bit easier to settle into?

XzJuDS9.gif

Love the Russian sniper rifle. There is another clip I'll share later on where you can see the bullet from the other guy dipping just next to me as mine hits him in the head.

All those scouts ignoring the objective?

Phinor

I think this game doesn't have any kind of team balancing at all. I started the day with one objective: win one round of anything to finish my medal.

15 matches later I finally won one. That is, 14 losses in a row. I saw it all, teams were 7vs11 and new players were assigned to the 11 player team, blowing 78-35 lead, losing 78-100. 4-100 loss. Most of the matches were horribly unbalanced.

Also missing: kick idle players feature, right? We had the same guy idle at least 4 matches in a row, 0/0 with 0 points. Never even spawned in any of those matches.

Theorry

Holy shit Rush is bad. The worst people are playing that i think lol.
20 people wich is already boring and 15 of them are snipers who dont push. Hopefully they let it die and focus on the much better Operations.

Why are Assaults so fucking stupid when it comes to doors?

Like seriously, you have fucking dynamite and an anti tank grenade, blow the door down instead of trying to find a different way

Matty8787

I do ok as medic and I favor the Selbstadler (however it's spelled) 1916. It's got 26 rounds, so it's like any other medic rifle with nearly 3x the number of shots available. 3 hits is a guaranteed kill, and you have enough bullets to just spam and get suppressive fire bonuses. Since the focus is still revives and laying down health, I don't care about frag counts, but that gun gets it done.

I run with the optical version of that gun, I love it.

Edit: earlier we had a game where a guy called Zheer89 was running around invisible ended with 142 kills.

Be appreciated if people could search and report him.

What's a good gun for support class? I'm about to hit class rank 1, this starting lmg feels like shit.

Somehow I've managed to almost get 100 kills with it, but I'd love something else. I'm on ps4 if that matters at all.

What's a good gun for support class? I'm about to hit class rank 1, this starting lmg feels like shit.

Somehow I've managed to almost get 100 kills with it, but I'd love something else. I'm on ps4 if that matters at all.

The other option you can use from the get go. Starts with M. The Storm variant of it. Very aggressive.

Top Bottom