• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Some attacker bailed from his damaged tank on Suez (1HP left, but with a bit of patience I used the auto-heal to heal completely). Proceeded to use it and shut down the enemy team for the rest of the match. Don't bail from tanks!

Who else is addicted to scores in this game? I mean I'm happy with my 2.0ish ratio, but I literally crave getting high scores. This is the only shooter where I'm just not that concerned with my kd ratio, I mean series in general with Battlefield, but I love to see those flag scores Tick up.

I'm the same way. If I'm low on the scoreboard it makes me feel like crap. I don't even give a shit about my KDR anymore.

The great thing about this game is that you can rack up on points like crazy without going on killing sprees.

Capsov

Finally reached rank 10 in support and I gotta say that I really like Huot Automatic. Its has decent range and is really easy to handle. Can easily engage at 75 meters. Though its gonna be hard saying bye to my 1000 kill BAR.

web01

I really wonder what maps are going to become the most popular ONLY X map servers like Golmud / Shanghai and Locker are in BF4.

I am enjoying all the maps so far, and the quality of the maps is much better than BF4 in my opinion. Have not got sick of any maps yet.

Capsov

I really wonder what maps are going to become the most popular ONLY X map servers like Golmud / Shanghai and Locker are in BF4.

I am enjoying all the maps so far, and the quality of the maps is much better than BF4 in my opinion. Have not got sick of any maps yet.

Every map but Fao Fortress.

I don't know if anyone else shares what I do when losing.
I enjoy being on a losing team since I usually end with crazy kill count whereas in a winning team I don't get much since everyone is good. When I say losing I mean getting spanked like 300 to 1000 in conquest.

Raiden

Banned
I'm the same way. If I'm low on the scoreboard it makes me feel like crap. I don't even give a shit about my KDR anymore.

The great thing about this game is that you can rack up on points like crazy without going on killing sprees.
Yeah i really like that they promote teamplay. I am usually a k/d whore but not in Battlefield. Im actually playing the game like you're supposed to and i love it.

I want to play, but I don't want to play Scout anymore. I'm 70k off from level 10, but fuck I hate this class. The play style just isn't for me at all. I just have to power through these last few levels.

When it comes to classes I enjoy it goes:

Cavalry
Assault
Pilot
Tanker
Support
Medic
Scout

Who else is addicted to scores in this game? I mean I'm happy with my 2.0ish ratio, but I literally crave getting high scores. This is the only shooter where I'm just not that concerned with my kd ratio, I mean series in general with Battlefield, but I love to see those flag scores Tick up.

We have some mental medics on our team that usually finish top. We had one get over 100 revives last night in one operation. When you are attacking, that many saved tickets is like a fucking action replay disc.

Either way when I top the leader board I cheer like mad. Killed like 10+ tanks defending oil of empires last night in one game and came top. Legit shook.

Had a weird Operations game earlier where I jumped in just after it started and got completely reamed attacking points about 7 times in a row - now that's not necessarily unexpected, I'm not amazing by any stretch but I thought 'weird I must be off my game this morning, I'll wonder if the teams are balanced'.

Top 11 players on my side: snipers. Nearly half the entire team were snipers, and they were all bunched up in huge groups right back at the spawn point, leaving anyone who was actually able to contribute anything to the round to get completely destroyed. Some guy on the other team rightly switched to the mortar playbook and was wiping them out in packs of 3 of 4 a time, it was embarrassing.

Naturally I bailed out 5 minutes later and joined a 'proper' game, but it probably doesn't give a very good impression to new players of the game. I'm not really for forcefully limiting player classes (yet!) but you can't even avoid these games as there doesn't appear to be any way of identifying them before joining (which takes fucking ages on a PS4).

Assault is hard to level up with. At least with Support and Medic, you can use your packs to supply/heal to rack up points. But what perk does Assault class have?

Xater

Assault is hard to level up with. At least with Support and Medic, you can use your packs to supply/heal to rack up points. But what perk does Assault class have?

Assault is the easiest. Like I said I hit level 10 twice because they stole some of my levels. Destroying vehicles and capturing points gets you the most progress. I made so money points by playing Conquest and just laying mines down its crazy. Basically zero effort.

Some attacker bailed from his damaged tank on Suez (1HP left, but with a bit of patience I used the auto-heal to heal completely). Proceeded to use it and shut down the enemy team for the rest of the match. Don't bail from tanks!
Heck, I jumped into an abandoned enemy Heavy tank with 15HP yesterday and even though I didn't have any means to repair it (playing Assault) I still managed to kill 5 enemy players with it. Heck I could have really kicked some butt if I had been playing support (abandoned using mortar and almost always carrying around the hammer mostly because I care more about winning than padding my K/D ratio which is pretty shit anyway as someone who played Battlefield on consoles only before and who is constantly dicking around wasting his life while trying to do hilarious stuff like blow people up with dynamite in close combat). Now that burning vehicles don't auto explode after a while with BF1, there is literally zero reason to abandon the tank as the driver, you won't be contributing much with your carbine pistol anyway, and least nothing that you can't get with getting those 3 or 4 additional tank kills.

I only bail if I am in a long distance tank battle and know the next hit is coming and will take the tank out anyway.

What's a good gun for support class? I'm about to hit class rank 1, this starting lmg feels like shit.

Somehow I've managed to almost get 100 kills with it, but I'd love something else. I'm on ps4 if that matters at all.

Support is my main class, and I'm mostly using the suppress variants of weapons. You get huge mags and when using the bipod you have very, very little recoil. Sure, you have increased recoil when standing up, but at close ranges it's easy to deal with, and at long ranges you'll be lying down anyway. I even take out snipers easily with it. Just fantastic all around.

Usually not reposting stuff from reddit, but this one is killing me:

FglOKz1.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/FglOKz1.gifv

Gutek

Redboxed this game and am completely. Afford by their filter and vignetting choices. It's so hard to see other players at times. The sandstorms are the worst. I wish I could turn off the filters.

Endy MacK

Do you collect the XP from medal objectives right away? -- so, if there are 5 objectives at 1000XP a piece, and I only ever complete the first objective before expiry, do I get that 1000XP? Thanks!

0racle

Few questions guys

Best gun per class?

What mode yields the most XP/fastest leveling? I'm going for multiplayer trophies.

Thanks

So...I was doing the Domination medal and I got to the last part, cap 20 flags, and...now it says I have no medal tracked.

I go to track it...and it's not even there.

The fuck?

Raide

Am I nuts for wanting a pure Rush mode with no vehicles?

Pure Infantry rush could be a great idea.

I would love Infantry only Operations but many games already have way too many Snipers. Would be a massive headache if you had to do everything on foot.

New002

Man I love this game. Also, I love that I don't even know what my K/D is, where as in Halo I'm always keeping tabs on it. A nice change of pace.

DoomGyver

I have finally found a rifle I like. The SMLE Carbine with the reflex sight, it lets me get right on the flag and engage medium-far targets quickly. I've even thrown some pot shots at other snipers when I see their scope glare and got a few headshots. None of the assault or medic weapons are any fun for me.

Recall

Kd is all that matters to me.

Then aren't you're playing it wrong and a hindrance to everyone you play with? No one can even see your KD ratio and you would actually progress faster, win far more games if you play the objectives and know how to issue orders or take a risk and switch loadouts on the fly to say take down a tank etc.

It's like e-peen stroking but yet no one is there to see you get hard.

Love to get in on gaf community games. Added luvs_2_squidge.. feel free to add me. Narcissisticjay on psn.

Yeah I've accepted mate. Keep an eye on the group chat and around ten ill make a party. If there is enough people someone will make another

Is their a separate thread for PS4 uk/eu players?

There isn't yet but with over 100 users on the ps4 community and nearly 50 alone in the ukps4gaf group chat I think it's definitely a possibility

Pastry

Banned
I wish there was a more accurate way to find out if transportation (motorcycles, cars,etc) vehicles are available at a spawn spoint. Would really help out:( or let you just spawn right into one

Yopis

Then aren't you're playing it wrong and a hindrance to everyone you play with? No one can even see your KD ratio and you would actually progress faster, win far more games if you play the objectives and know how to issue orders or take a risk and switch loadouts on the fly to say take down a tank etc.

It's like e-peen stroking but yet no one is there to see you get hard.

People can play how they want. Not my preferred style but so what.

Hjod

Banned
Soon I'll be done with my 12-hour shift, then hit the gym before doing some Operations and getting wrecked. Can't wait haha.

Top Bottom