• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

terrible

Banned
You are an absolute war machine anyway.... with the Model 10 you'd be like the Terminator

IsJustGame went the whole game without getting killed so you need to beat that haha

You on tonight bro?

Did I not die there? Damn lol. I was put into the worlds longest queue so I was ready to wreck people when I finally got in. The game was almost over when I got in but I think I still managed to crack the top 5 haha. My friend got put onto the other team, I jokingly told him not to even bother trying to cap because GAF would just crush his attempts. Aren't I nice?

I got an e-mail from PSN congratulating me on my Platinum......but I'm nowhere close to that........is it a mistake or did someone log into my account and get me a trophy =/

Awww, it was a mistake, my profile doesn't have a Plat

Edit - Is there anything in the game for Remembrance Day?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I got an e-mail from PSN congratulating me on my Platinum......but I'm nowhere close to that........is it a mistake or did someone log into my account and get me a trophy =/

Awww, it was a mistake, my profile doesn't have a Plat

Edit - Is there anything in the game for Remembrance Day?

lol i just got the same mail

How long did it take you to get the AA codex in the campaign? The one where you have to kill the 10 planes in 30 seconds. That's the only thing that's holding me up from a plat
Took me about an hour. There is a YouTube video (I think by El Gato? Something like that) that actually pauses to show you where all the planes show up from, so you can be pre aiming through smoke.

That video was super helpful. Most were just trash showing the poster getting lucky with no commentary or actual advice.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Nvidia has said that they are working on it with Dice IIRC, but that it isn't exclusive to Nvidia cards because they managed to replicate it with AMD as well.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=223768308
https://forums.battlefield.com/en-u...till-no-fix-new-info-10-11-16-19-57-cest/p282

At least there was a reply from a dev today, though "future patches" doesn't excite me much. We'll see!

Hmmmm, thanks. Hopefully they get it resolved. I've got other games to play anyway, and I was kinda considering a 1070, but they should still fix this nonetheless.

Glad to see I'm not the only one experiencing this, and I didn't make the revive connection until just now. It's incredibly annoying when you're revived, know exactly where the enemy is, but your weapon refuses to ADS and you're killed immediately.

Yeah, it's killed me a few times now when I forget or simply don't have the time to swap weapons.

terrible

Banned
I had a glitch the other night where I couldn't aim up or down at all or enter the pause menu after being revived. It wouldn't be a DICE game if it didn't have really weird glitches at launch.

Took me about an hour. There is a YouTube video (I think by El Gato? Something like that) that actually pauses to show you where all the planes show up from, so you can be pre aiming through smoke.

That video was super helpful. Most were just trash showing the poster getting lucky with no commentary or actual advice.
I used this as well. If I didn't get the first ones from muscle memory I'd restart. You also have a lot more time than it might initially feel.

I'm awful at this kind of stuff (looking at you Dead Space Don't Get Cocky trophy) and it only took me about 20 minutes.

Acinixys

How long did it take you to get the AA codex in the campaign? The one where you have to kill the 10 planes in 30 seconds. That's the only thing that's holding me up from a plat

This challenge took me 8 tries

There are only 10 planes in that 30 second window so if you miss even one your fucked and have to start over

Varjis

Still trying to tweak my sensitivity settings on XB1 (Or I am so much worse at FPS than I thought I was), any tips? I bumped it up to 40, not sure how much I like it.

5taquitos

Still trying to tweak my sensitivity settings on XB1 (Or I am so much worse at FPS than I thought I was), any tips? I bumped it up to 40, not sure how much I like it.

I found I was much more consistent after enabling Universal Aiming or whatever its called.

40? Holy shit. I think i have mine at 27.

I found that for me on console, faster isn't better. I always over aim. I found it generally better at lower settings.

julrik

Find an empty server, and try different sensitivity settings.

First, find a suitable sensitivity for normal aiming - one where you feel that you're flexible, but is not too twitchy. (Mine is at 30 IIRC)

Then, find a zoom/ADS sensitivity that feels good to you. Not too slow, but not too quick either. Use a gun with recoil (Automatico), aim at something, and try to get the recoil under control. (Mine is at 60 IIRC)

And enable uniform soldier aiming.

terrible

Banned

I found that for me on console, faster isn't better. I always over aim. I found it generally better at lower settings.

I know they seem like they're just a gimmick but I 100% recommend FPS Freeks (or anything similar) to anyone that wants to be able to jack up their sensitivity without making fine tune aiming impossible. I can't even play without them anymore. Outside of using a monitor instead of a TV they were probably the #1 thing that improved my play when I started using them years ago. It does take a fair amount of time to get used to them though.

Varjis

Yeah, I felt like the default made me a turret, I may have overcompensated.

I found I was much more consistent after enabling Universal Aiming or whatever its called.

I will give it a try.

Find an empty server, and try different sensitivity settings.

First, find a suitable sensitivity for normal aiming - one where you feel that you're flexible, but is not too twitchy. (Mine is at 30 IIRC)

Then, find a zoom/ADS sensitivity that feels good to you. Not too slow, but not too quick either. Use a gun with recoil (Automatico), aim at something, and try to get the recoil under control. (Mine is at 60 IIRC)

And enable uniform soldier aiming.

Much appreciated! Will do.

Theorry

The 450 rpm sidearms are by far the best sidearms in the game lol. Crazy damage and 450rpm. Hopefully not alot of people will find it out lol.

Recall

Oil of Empires operation as attackers is easy when everyone knows how to play. Ran it four times now with GAF members and we only lost 1 life and that was on the very final push on the final sector of the third and final map.

No scouts, just teamwork and playing the objective. Totally love it.

Whales

Banned
- screw teammates that dont even bother trying to destroy a tank and prefer getting steamrolled because of it. Switch to assault for 5 secs for fucks sake

-I hate mortar spam. Trying to defuse an objective just to die by this shit makes me want to kill myself

-spamming incendiary grenades as a support in a chokepoint is funny as hell but also feels really cheap. Oh well, ill keep doing it

-flares should be able to be destroyed if you shoot it. Would make snipers try to shoot it in a smart place instead of all in the open. You know they can all see you but you cant do anything about it...

CoLaN

A lot of conquest matches start with extremely unbalanced teams (4, 5, 6 more people), and they even out after 5 minutes or more.

This basically ruins it, since the team with way more people can cap the points at the start of the match getting a strong lead.

Oil of Empires operation as attackers is easy when everyone knows how to play. Ran it four times now with GAF members and we only lost 1 life and that was on the very final push on the final sector of the third and final map.

No scouts, just teamwork and playing the objective. Totally love it.

Haha you know it mate. Between myself and nitro we have got the tactics down!

Everyone played amazingly tonight as usual.

26-4 now wins/losses guys. Undefeated in like 15. Just ridiculous....

Nothing can stop the GAF Operations train. Not even an enemy train apparently.

You are arguably our most consistent player. I honestly think the only threat to UKps4gaf might be the second party of ukps4gaf

Honestly think competitive may be an option now....

It's just playing as a squad and playing the objective vs random noobs. Join a random squad, likely get 2 snipers at least, one guy just kill farming and not going for objectives and one who wants to run solo. Squad spawning is unheard of.

terrible

Banned
Haha you know it mate. Between myself and nitro we have got the tactics down!

Everyone played amazingly tonight as usual.

26-4 now wins/losses guys. Undefeated in like 15. Just ridiculous....

You are arguably our most consistent player. I honestly think the only threat to UKps4gaf might be the second party of ukps4gaf

You guys relentlessly play the objective, it's pretty damn hard to beat that. Running after tanks with dynamite, running across a street that's being shelled to revive like 5 people, I've seen it all now lol.

Top Bottom