• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Bar is rank 2 and 3 it seems.

Ah ok, the Benet-Mercie storm? Stats wise it looks much better. Think I'll go with that.

Thanks.

Edit...or is it the Madsen storm?

Don't think it's either of those.

It's like M6178 something storm. Completely made up those numbers but it's like that.

terrible

Banned
What's a good gun for support class? I'm about to hit class rank 1, this starting lmg feels like shit.

Somehow I've managed to almost get 100 kills with it, but I'd love something else. I'm on ps4 if that matters at all.

I'd move onto the Madsen Storm as soon as you hit rank 1, than move onto the BAR Storm at rank 3. That's if you like playing a relatively aggressive style as Support like I do. Make sure you put the AA sights on.

If you prefer to stay back a bit and bipod then I guess the MG15 Supressive is what you want but that's a level 3 unlock so try the Lewis Gun Supressive until you hit level 3. Personally they don't fit my style all that well but they are laser beams with the bipod up.

I'd move onto the Madsen Storm as soon as you hit rank 1, than move onto the BAR Storm at rank 3. That's if you like playing a relatively aggressive style as Support like I do. Make sure you put the AA sights on.

If you prefer to stay back a bit and bipod then I guess the MG15 Supressive is what you want but that's a level 3 unlock so try the Lewis Gun Supressive until you hit level 3. Personally they don't fit my style all that well but they are laser beams with the bipod up.

Yeah, I prefer to push with the squad instead of sit back while they push.

I might just stay with this piece of shit til rank 1 since I'm like 10 kills fromm 100.

Then I'll grab the Madsen storm.

Trying to play support, but honestly can't figure out what to do. The damage is so low in close quarters that you get destroyed and trying to suppress from a distance just gets you headshot 9 out of 10 times

terrible

Banned
Yeah, I prefer to push with the squad instead of sit back while they push.

I might just stay with this piece of shit til rank 1 since I'm like 10 kills fromm 100.

Then I'll grab the Madsen storm.

Lol the starter gun had me raging since Support is typically my favourite class and it's such a bad gun for how I play. Once I got the BAR I was in love though, then I tried the Madsen later and I kicked myself knowing I could've been using that since class level 1. You kind of lose the left side of the screen when you aim down your sights with the Madsen Storm and I often fail to center my aim right away because the huge clip in the middle throws me off but it's a good gun otherwise. It hits nearly as hard as the BAR, it just has a slightly lower rate of fire and more side to side recoil.

Acinixys

Combat snipers are useful too. I use a Martini with this class and I'm still on the front lines with other classes.

Flares are SO overpowered now that spotting is nerfed

Ive gotten so many kills because of flares. If there is one enemy on a flag, its so easy to flush them out

Holy shit is chat a fucking embarrassment tonight. So many absolute dicks playing. I hate being stuck on the European servers, all it is is K/D arguments and white power bullshit.

terrible

Banned
Flares are SO overpowered now that spotting is nerfed

Ive gotten so many kills because of flares. If there is one enemy on a flag, its so easy to flush them out

My friend and I were running a Support/Scout combo on Domination and it was like we were playing Black Ops with a Blackbird in the sky 24/7 since ammo crates resupply flares. It's probably too effective but I'm ok with it.

Man that mortar truck is straight trash, lol. I never used it before and I was bored, so why not. There are no reasons to use it over the art or aa variants.

Marc

Any Operations running tonight?

Even team deathmatch is suffering from lack of teamwork at the moment, don't think anyone cares about winning the match. :/

How on earth did Dice not include a Quit button after a round, then patch it into Battlefront........................then proceed to forget to include it in Battlefield 1?

Ridiculous

terrible

Banned
Any Operations running tonight?

Even team deathmatch is suffering from lack of teamwork at the moment, don't think anyone cares about winning the match. :/

You have to laugh when everyone on your team in TDM is running around in the open dying like a fool yet when you play Domination everyone on your team hides in a building or the outside of the map sniping for a high K/D. It's like people are intentionally trying to lose.

Xater

UK GAF might be doing their thing, but I roll with my Canadian buds on Xbox One and our squad dominates.

How on earth did Dice not include a Quit button after a round, then patch it into Battlefront........................then proceed to forget to include it in Battlefield 1?

Ridiculous

I don't know why this needs so much repeating. There is a quit button. It just disappears as soon as the load starts. If you wait to see who got Battlepacks it's already too late.

Theorry

Ridiculous

Its typical DICE tho. They just dont learn from previous games or take stuff with them from other games. I love their games to dead but it so annoying to see everytime. Best thing was BF3 to BF4. BF3 was also quite broken the first 6 months. Took them ages to patch also. But finally after a while it was oke. You would think they take all that stuff with them to BF4? Yeah we all know what happened haha.

Theorry

PTFO snipers are great. Just run with the squad. Shoot flares on the flag and shoot people from the sweet spot. Profit. I am not a good sniper. First game really since BC2 i am playing it. And i am always top 5 with it.

WillyFive

Ridiculous

It doesn't really work in Battlefront either. The game engine refuses to let you stop it loading a level completely; if you try to quit in Battlefront, you have to wait until the upcoming level in the rotation is loaded and then it will send you to the home menu.

Marc

Ridiculous

I think it is done on purpose, it must be. Too much of an obvious omission.

It makes you want to play another round, especially if teams are full after that long arse load time. Hold my hands up on this, I do that too often.

You have to laugh when everyone on your team in TDM is running around in the open dying like a fool yet when you play Domination everyone on your team hides in a building or the outside of the map sniping for a high K/D. It's like people are intentionally trying to lose.

Exactly, people chase the kills on TDM and spread the whole team too thin and so they get picked off.

And on objective stuff, everyone knows where people are going to so hang back and try to pick them off.

Man that mortar truck is straight trash, lol. I never used it before and I was bored, so why not. There are no reasons to use it over the art or aa variants.

Yeah, it really is. The Mortar Landship is garbage as well... just a complete waste of a precious vehicle slot.

I really don't know what DICE was thinking with the mortar vehicles. Really the only advantage they have over Supports is better range and the ability to deploy smoke/gas. Still yet, you're going to be way less effective overall than any other variant of truck/tank.

5taquitos

I think it is done on purpose, it must be. Too much of an obvious omission.

It makes you want to play another round, especially if teams are full after that long arse load time. Hold my hands up on this, I do that too often.

I think it's like WillyFive said above you, it's most likely an engine thing. If you try to quit in Battlefront a few seconds after the post-match screen, you're stuck until the next map loads.

shtolky

So I just started MP today, first time Battlefield player. I feel like the worst player of all time. I have been a COD player and I am actually very good there, used to high K/D ratio, leveling up quickly, but with BF I feel helpless. These snipers are experts. Playing team deathmatch, obviously very low rank (just hit 2). Do I just need to get better, get better weapons? Game is a lot of fun no doubt, but very frustrating.

So I just started MP today, first time Battlefield player. I feel like the worst player of all time. I have been a COD player and I am actually very good there, used to high K/D ratio, leveling up quickly, but with BF I feel helpless. These snipers are experts. Playing team deathmatch, obviously very low rank (just hit 2). Do I just need to get better, get better weapons? Game is a lot of fun no doubt, but very frustrating.

Don't play team death match, then K/D isn't as important as long as you play the objectives and if you're a medic or support help your team.

I'd recommend trying Conquest or Rush. Once you get the hang of how objectives work, try some 40 player Operations. Coordinating with others to do objectives is a better game mechanic than chasing frags in deathmatch. Obviously you'll still need to learn the mechanics of the guns, but you can try other things (reviving/healing as a medic, resupplying/fixing vehicles as support) outside of pure killing.

FWIW I've been playing Battlefield since BF 1942 back in 2002. I've played every one of them with the exception of Battlefield 4. I absolutely sucked at Battlefield 1 the first few days I was playing it. Figuring out the mechanics of the guns and the layout of the maps really helps. I'm still fairly garbage when it comes to killing things, really, but the more I play, the better I'm getting. You'll probably see similar results if you stick with it.

Plum

Just had a 20 minute game of War Pigeons. Good god that mode is tense when things get close; both sides constantly releasing and losing pigeons over and over is just so fun. Probably the best, and most ridiculous, of the small infantry-only modes.

shtolky

I'd recommend trying Conquest or Rush. Once you get the hang of how objectives work, try some 40 player Operations. Coordinating with others to do objectives is a better game mechanic than chasing frags in deathmatch. Obviously you'll still need to learn the mechanics of the guns, but you can try other things (reviving/healing as a medic, resupplying/fixing vehicles as support) outside of pure killing.

FWIW I've been playing Battlefield since BF 1942 back in 2002. I've played every one of them with the exception of Battlefield 4. I absolutely sucked at Battlefield 1 the first few days I was playing it. Figuring out the mechanics of the guns and the layout of the maps really helps. I'm still fairly garbage when it comes to killing things, really, but the more I play, the better I'm getting. You'll probably see similar results if you stick with it.

Thanks for the advice. I will try those modes. Are the mechanics of BF that much different from COD that it's basically learning a new type of game? I feel like I'm going up against absolute experts (at least in team deathmatch) whereas I feel like dog poo. I'll give those modes a go and see if things change.

Thanks for the advice. I will try those modes. Are the mechanics of BF that much different from COD that it's basically learning a new type of game? I feel like I'm going up against absolute experts (at least in team deathmatch) whereas I feel like dog poo. I'll give those modes a go and see if things change.

Make sure you join a squad and stay with your teammates at all times (or at least try to). Unfortunately it can be really tough to find like-minded players in this game, but if you can find a squad that sticks together and communicates it takes the experience to a whole new level.

terrible

Banned
Some people like to knock it but TDM is actually pretty hard if you're new to these games. Everyone is 100% focused on killing, there aren't any other distractions. Operations is probably an easier mode to learn the game with since you have a general idea where enemies should be and you can catch people off guard a lot because there's so much going on. I'm not saying it'll be easy but you hopefully won't feel useless there at least since you can play the objective even if you don't have a killer K/D.

Surfinn

Had my best game today.. Went 79-0 in a heavy tank on Monte Grappa. Just went between B and D, protecting our elevated flags. Shot down about 8 planes.. Got accused of hacking throughout. Defended 30 flags I think.

Got lots of hate from the other team, lol.

31 wins 4 losses for ukps4gaf

21 in a row

Just topped the game defending on oil of empires. They didn't win a section...

Must have destroyed over 10 tanks

Is there a GAF group on PS4? I'm tired of playing by myself with next to no teamwork.

Add luvs_2_squidge mate. I'm administration of ps4gaf for battlefield

Recall

Had my best game today.. Went 79-0 in a heavy tank on Monte Grappa. Just went between B and D, protecting our elevated flags. Shot down about 8 planes.. Got accused of hacking throughout. Defended 30 flags I think.

Got lots of hate from the other team, lol.

Wow man. Did your team win?

Really stupid question, when I'm selecting the difficulty and/or the number of players in MP is it the white highlight that is selected or the buttom prompt next to it that is selected?

The Dude

Who else is addicted to scores in this game? I mean I'm happy with my 2.0ish ratio, but I literally crave getting high scores. This is the only shooter where I'm just not that concerned with my kd ratio, I mean series in general with Battlefield, but I love to see those flag scores Tick up.

Who else is addicted to scores in this game? I mean I'm happy with my 2.0ish ratio, but I literally crave getting high scores. This is the only shooter where I'm just not that concerned with my kd ratio, I mean series in general with Battlefield, but I love to see those flag scores Tick up.

No doubt. Love that I'm getting points when reviving teammates, getting "squad spot assists", etc.

My K/D ratio is average so it's good to know I'm contributing in other ways.

I wouldn't say I'm addicted to scores, but I do a little private happy dance every time I see my dinky 4-8 score on the scoreboard above guys with 30 kills who aren't attempting any objectives.

Yeah I do love getting points for basically everything, I think this is the most expansive Battlefield in that sense. I've also found that I'm typically really quite good, usually in the top 3 at least which is surprising for me.

Top Bottom