• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Heroman

Banned
Then aren't you're playing it wrong and a hindrance to everyone you play with? No one can even see your KD ratio and you would actually progress faster, win far more games if you play the objectives and know how to issue orders or take a risk and switch loadouts on the fly to say take down a tank etc.

It's like e-peen stroking but yet no one is there to see you get hard.
Why do you care what I do?
I don't really care how people play, if they wanna play the objective than go for it , if want to play for kills than that go to . And at center point it is kinda of pointless to play the objective in bf1 given how conquest works now.

Recall

Why do you care what I do?
I don't really care how people play, if they wanna play the objective than go for it , if want to play for kills than that go to . And at center point it is kinda of pointless to play the objective in bf1 given how conquest works now.

Hilarious. Objectives are what makes Battlefield, Battlefield.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
I wish there was some way to convince medics to actually do revives in Operations. Point boost, extra medals, whatever.

I've lost too many because we're wasting tickets.

JDB

Banned
I wonder how this (or any BF) game would play if they just got rid of scoped sniper rifles. Honestly feel like it would have nothing but a positive effect.

Gas nades, great for clearing out the snipers on your team camped in a building the whole game.

Interesting. If I have snipers on my team camping a building/windmill, I usually just dynamite the thing down. Or roll through it in a tank. Then chuck a smoke nade in the rubble for good measure.

etta

my hard graphic balls
I was just able to play for about 1.5 hours straight without a single crash on the 680. Last night I couldn't play more than 1 minute.
They really gotta fix this shit.

I wish there was some way to convince medics to actually do revives in Operations. Point boost, extra medals, whatever.

I'm really wondering if people -sorry for the language- are absolutely stupid. I don't understand how you're a medic and don't spam health packs at every moment. There has been way too many times where I'm very low on health and a medic is there and not dropping Heath crates. Same applies for support; the moron is staring at me while I practically spam the "I need Ammo" toggle. It's free points for yourself, be a team player. Assault class is the only class people can play properly because "herp derp it's time to destroy shit."

Redders

Join UKps4gaf! An Operation yesterday I had 62 revives myself with a total of 102 for our squad. Huge help in the game.

I don't think that would make a difference, majority don't seen to like going out of their way to assist you.

Pastry

Banned
So first big update comes Tuesday?

Will that count as the major seasonal update or willl the winter update be the one that drops with the free map in December?

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Are there any solid numbers on how many points you need to rank up each class?

It says right on the Class section of your Soldier. This is in game...not on the web app.

They are all different, but they are all around 45K to 50K to level a class and that does not change as the levels rise.

Any reason why certain maps are locked behind the "defenders must lose" requirement in Operations? Really want to try Argonne Forest but I suck. Feels like it limits replayability with no option to choose specific maps.

No, conquest isn't the same.

xxracerxx

Any reason why certain maps are locked behind the "defenders must lose" requirement in Operations? Really want to try Argonne Forest but I suck. Feels like it limits replayability with no option to choose specific maps.

No, conquest isn't the same.

So the way it works is that once you defeat the defense then the game shifts over to the new map.

So don't look at it as choosing one map, you are choosing that set of maps and hoping to make it through (ie a mission or operation).

So the way it works is that once you defeat the defense then the game shifts over to the new map.

So don't look at it as choosing one map, you are choosing that set of maps and hoping to make it through.

I understand it, just curious why they didn't have individual maps in the server browser. I've found that attacking is way harder to win (especially when there's a ton of useless Recon) and defense usually wins 95% of the time. Guess I'll have to keep trying.

tr1p1ex

The players who constantly ask for orders are annoying to me.

They seem more interested in getting pts than in enjoying the tactics and strategy of BF.

xxracerxx

I guess it's because they seem more interested in getting pts than in enjoying the tactics and strategy of BF.

People want orders because that helps the TEAM understand where they should be focusing their efforts, not just splitting up and doing their own thing.

I understand it, just curious why they didn't have individual maps in the server browser. I've found that attacking is way harder to win (especially when there's a ton of useless Recon) and defense usually wins 95% of the time. Guess I'll have to keep trying.

Because then that wouldn't be Operations. Get some friends or GAF members together and you can sweep Operations if you play as a team.

They seem more interested in getting pts than in enjoying the tactics and strategy of BF.

You are missing the point of orders. It also helps random peasants work together in a squad without the need for communications.

Sure the extra points are nice.

Join UKps4gaf! An Operation yesterday I had 62 revives myself with a total of 102 for our squad. Huge help in the game.

I don't think that would make a difference, majority don't seen to like going out of their way to assist you.

Was that the same game I topped the leader board by destroyed like 10-15 vehicles? Haha

We absolutely destroyed them. I remember the attack where you and fatty got over 100 revives too. That number of saved tickets is just phenomenal....

tr1p1ex

What's the practical difference between the current CQ and the old CQ?

Both teams are always bleeding tickets (unless one team own all flags) whereas in the old CQ it was one or the other or none.

Plays mostly the same except I think it's a little more possible than before to hold 3 flags against the other team's 4 (or 2 vs the other team's 3) and still be ahead in tickets because you are outkilling the other team.

I'm really wondering if people -sorry for the language- are absolutely stupid. I don't understand how you're a medic and don't spam health packs at every moment. There has been way too many times where I'm very low on health and a medic is there and not dropping Heath crates. Same applies for support; the moron is staring at me while I practically spam the "I need Ammo" toggle. It's free points for yourself, be a team player. Assault class is the only class people can play properly because "herp derp it's time to destroy shit."

Yeah, it's ridiculous. I play support myself and I drop the ammo crate literally all the time. Not only am I helping others, but I get tons and tons and tons of points from it. I don't think people realize how much points you get from it. I'm talking many thousands of points in a single game of conquest. Needless to say, I'm top three on the leaderboards in every single game, and number one about half the time. Flag attacker + dropping ammo + gas grenades + somewhat decent kdr = number one on the leaderboard all the damn time.

Plays mostly the same except I think it's a little more possible than before to hold 3 flags against the other team's 4 (or 2 vs the other team's 3) and still be ahead by in tickets because you are outkilling the other team.

Yeah, I see this happen very often. At least in the first five-ten minutes of a game.

Is it me or are Operations 40 players games taking long to fill up?
PC BTW

PS4 and never had to wait for a game of operations to fill.

tr1p1ex

You are missing the point of orders. It also helps random peasants work together in a squad without the need for communications.

Sure the extra points are nice.

No I think I what I said was the players who constantly ask for orders are missing the pt of orders. They are only interested in pts.

The Dude

Only thing that bums me out about operations is splitting of stats. I'd love to see a complete run down, the first section they don't even give a stats screen, gotta catch it on a quick scoreboard check.. But it'd be fun to see the whole combined battle and huge scores altogether

JDB

Banned
Only thing that bums me out about operations is splitting of stats. I'd love to see a complete run down, the first section they don't even give a stats screen, gotta catch it on a quick scoreboard check.. But it'd be fun to see the whole combined battle and huge scores altogether
I thought the same thing yesterday. It'd be really cool to see a scoreboard across all the maps.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Is there a way to make the aiming reticle turn red when it's aimed at enemies before aiming down the sights?

Also, there's a crap load of settings. On PS4, what's the best setup to have as a single player campaign only player?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

What?

Tactics is exactly the reason they are asking for orders. Points are a lesser consideration.

Is Tuesday confirmed for a big patch?

No I think I what I said was the players who constantly ask for orders are missing the pt of orders. They are only interested in pts.

So let's say you're right and they're only interested in points.

How is that a bad thing exactly? Getting free points is bad because you think it's annoying to spend one second to click on a flag?

I think squad captains who issue 0 orders are missing the point and losing points in the process. People spam orders for tactics and focus lol

5taquitos

Currently there is no pro patch relased I am aware about. The game automatically runs better on the pro as of now.

Which means that there is some sort of Pro patch baked into the actual release or one of the patches we've got. The Pro power is disabled without a patch, so there has to be something there.

JDB

Banned
Points are there to incentivise certain behavior. Squad orders give incentive to complete an objective as a squad. That's a good thing.

Xyber

I really don't see what's wrong with someone who wants an attack order on stuff he is attacking so that he (and you) gets more points..

When I am squad leader I constantly mark everything that is about to be taken. Even if no one in your squad is at a flagged that's being captured, if you have it marked it will still be an extra 100 points for doing nothing for your entire squad.

Orders are pretty much 80% about the points and 20% about where you want your squad to go. If you are playing as a squad you are pretty much always very close to each other and you mark whatever objective you are close to. Then if you want to do some back-capping or whatever you can mark another flag and usually the squad tags along with you to that flag then.

tr1p1ex

So let's say you're right and they're only interested in points.

How is that a bad thing exactly? Getting free points is bad because you think it's annoying to spend one second to click on a flag?

LIke I said it's the players who constantly ask for orders that are annoying. NOt that I can't issue an order once in awhile so they can get some pts. Most of the time I'm not even the SL being asked but I want to tell them to stfu.

If you really are interested in squadding together it is pretty simple to do. Just follow your squad. Your squad is green. Your SL is a green star.

The game might as well just automate the pt thing if you are within x meters of your SL if you think the SL should be issuing a new order every 30 seconds.

5taquitos

LIke I said it's the players who constantly ask for orders that are annoying. NOt that I can't issue an order once in awhile so they can get some pts. Most of the time I'm not even the SL but I want to tell them to stfu.

If you really are interested in squadding together it is pretty simple to do. Just follow your squad. Your squad is green. Your SL is a green star.

The game might as well just automate the pt thing if you are within x meters of your SL if you think the SL should be issuing a new order every 30 seconds.

Disagree, the SL should always have something marked as an objective. It only takes a second to do.

Venom Fox

Banned

The whole point in asking and giving orders is so you can direct your squad to a strategic capture point.

Edit: I read your other posts and feel you're moaning for the sake of moaning. If you're squad lead you should CONSTANTLY be marking up.

I really don't see what's wrong with someone who wants an attack order on stuff he is attacking so that he (and you) gets more points.

Exactly.

If anything, squad leaders who don't issue orders should be penalized, like getting less points in the end of the match.

xxracerxx

LIke I said it's the players who constantly ask for orders that are annoying. NOt that I can't issue an order once in awhile so they can get some pts. Most of the time I'm not even the SL being asked but I want to tell them to stfu.

Jesus dude...it takes no time to mark an objective. Also following your SL is no good if they are all dead and then just randomly spawn somewhere else.

Top Bottom