• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

tr1p1ex

I really don't see what's wrong with someone who wants an attack order on stuff he is attacking so that he (and you) gets more points..

When I am squad leader I constantly mark everything that is about to be taken. Even if no one in your squad is at a flagged that's being captured, if you have it marked it will still be an extra 100 points for doing nothing for your entire squad.

Orders are pretty much 80% about the points and 20% about where you want your squad to go. If you are playing as a squad you are pretty much always very close to each other and you mark whatever objective you are close to. Then if you want to do some back-capping or whatever you can mark another flag and usually the squad tags along with you to that flag then.

YOu just outlined what's wrong with it. IT's all about pts. Spam orders just so you can get pts even if you aren't there.

Redders

Was that the same game I topped the leader board by destroyed like 10-15 vehicles? Haha

We absolutely destroyed them. I remember the attack where you and fatty got over 100 revives too. That number of saved tickets is just phenomenal....

Almost an extra attack for free. Mental.

I don't think so, that was fao fortress where you got all those vehicle kills, where it's harder to get a huge number.

5taquitos

YOu just outlined what's wrong with it. IT's all about pts. Spam orders just so you can get pts even if you aren't there.

You're right, it is about points. Squad leaders that don't assign objectives leave a metric fuckton of points on the table that benefit everyone including themselves.

tr1p1ex

Jesus dude...it takes no time to mark an objective. Also following your SL is no good if they are all dead and then just randomly spawn somewhere else.

Well the SL can't issue orders if they are dead. And either the SL is going to spawn on you because you are alive and in a strategic area or he wants the team to go somewhere and so will spawn somewhere else.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Well the SL can't issue orders if they are dead. And either the SL is going to spawn on you because you are alive and in a strategic area or he wants the team to go somewhere and so will spawn somewhere else.

If they had issued orders before dying you know what they want you to take.

It is ridiculous that you are fighting against assigning Objectives, just crazy.

tr1p1ex

If they had issued orders before dying you know what they want you to take.

It is ridiculous that you are fighting against assigning Objectives, just crazy.

IF you were following the SL and he dies and you are next to a flag then you would know what to do unless you are dumb as a rock.

Zendoc

IF you were following the SL and he dies and you are next to a flag then you would know what to do unless you are dumb as a rock.

I hope you're not serious.
That's a stupid mindset to have on a Battlefield and conquest mode.

Anyway. I will change team if one day i'm with you. You have the same name in game ?

Agent

Instead of automatically assigning a Squad Leader on squad creation, it should ask if you want to be a leader or or regular soldier. Personally, I like being a leader and setting objectives for the squad. The free points don't hurt either. There really is no reason why a SL should not set objectives. If you can't set and play the objective, then perhaps Battlefield is not the game for you.

Granted, the easy solution to SL problems is to play with friends. I don't really have anyone on my friends list that plays so I'm a solo player for the most part.

Hopefully the squad leader demote option comes soon just to resolve the issue.

tr1p1ex

Advance to where?

The orders make squad play with randoms viable.

Wherever your SL goes.... Follow him.

IF you have a flag and there is an enemy flag next to it then that is a likely target for your next advance. However no pt in getting the next flag only to lose the one you left. If you see a back flag being taken feel free to spawn in there to try and prevent it. Don't need the whole squad there though. If you see squad mates near a flag zone then spawn on them.

But I guess those that are dumb as a rock would not understand this. And no one said absolutely don't issue orders. What I said was those that constantly ask for orders are annoying and it's because they are only interested in points. Meanwhile they don't do sht like spot enemies, or relay any tactics or strategy, or contain/weed out the enemy before advancing, they just want the SL to constantly click on flags so they get pts even if they aren't there.

I don't play the game for pts. IF the pts aren't related to something that needs to be done to help win the game then it is pointless pardon the pun.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
But I guess those that are dumb as a rock would not understand this. And no one said absolutely don't issue orders. What I said was those that constantly ask for orders are annoying and it's because they are only interested in points. Meanwhile they don't do sht like spot enemies, or relay any tactics or strategy, or contain/weed out the enemy before advancing, they just want the SL to constantly click on flags so they get pts even if they aren't there.

I don't play the game for pts. IF the pts aren't related to something that needs to be done to help win the game then it is pointless pardon the pun.

How about you stop calling people dumb as rocks if they are asking for orders. Jesus.

Spl1nter

I feel like such an asshole for using the model-a10 hunter. It is basically cheating with how OP the gun is close to medium range. I am an addict, I know I should stop but I keep doing it because I love it.

Hopefully DICE nerfs its range a bit. The heavy tank variant with quick repair and the smg sentry pickup kit also need some tweaking. Possibly AA as well but I am not sure how as that can easily end up making planes way to powerful.

MchugN

Yeah if you only you could see your squad mates in green.

So everybody is just suppose to follow their squad leader blindly? Like when you're trying to take a flag, you all just infiltrate from one side?

Or maybe it would be better if everyone knew where to go and flank the the objective from multiple angles if necessary?

tr1p1ex

Just give an order a splitsecond before your team captures an objective for ez points 😉

Yeah funny thing is I was doing that and it was so fast that the guys constantly requesting orders didn't notice. And still thought I didn't give them an order.

I feel like such an asshole for using the model-a10 hunter. It is basically cheating with how OP the gun is close to medium range. I am an addict, I know I should stop but I keep doing it because I love it.

Hopefully DICE nerfs its range a bit. The heavy tank variant with quick repair and the smg sentry pickup kit also need some tweaking. Possibly AA as well but I am not sure how as that can easily end up making planes way to powerful.

Yeah, those are the main things that need to be looked at imo.

Model 10-A Hunter nerf. The game just needs some small tweaks to weapon balance in general. For instance, lmg buff and some weapons like the Selb 1906 also need a buff.
AA gun nerf.
Tail gunner nerf.
Quick repair on heavy tanks.

tr1p1ex

So everybody is just suppose to follow their squad leader blindly? Like when you're trying to take a flag, you all just infiltrate from one side?

Or maybe it would be better if everyone knew where to go and flank the the objective from multiple angles if necessary?

That's not this discussion. Only makes my pt actually. There's alot more to worry about then which of the 2 or 3 viable targets should i go after next.

Spl1nter

Yeah, those are the main things that need to be looked at imo.

Model 10-A Hunter nerf. The games just needs some small tweaks to weapon balance in general. For instance, lmg buff and some weapons like the Selb 1906 also need a buff.
AA gun nerf.
Tail gunner nerf.
Quick repair on heavy tanks.

How could I forget about that one. Its hilarious that the most effective way to take down opposing planes if you are in the attack plane is with the rear gunner. So many times I have switched to the rear gun and shredded an enemy plane.

The trench fighter ability to one shot all aircraft should probably be fixed.

terrible

Banned
If you have a problem issuing squad orders leave your squad and rejoin. Problem solved, you're no longer the leader. I'm shaking my head here lol. Squad orders are great and they do actually help a lot.

Issuing a squad order is 10x easier than spotting 1 enemy, and often it leads to your squad actually sticking together. Not sure what the issue is.

There is no good reason to not have an order system and to not use it.

If the argument is "well you must be dumb as fuck if you want orders," that's kind of true? The average pub player is usually somewhere between braindead and barely competent. We need orders to incentivize pub players to follow a lead and combine efforts rather than running around like headless chickens.

But even for more competent players like most of us here, orders are still useful. If I get orders, it allows me to know which target to approach and then find my own path to it. I don't want to have to literally follow my squad leader and end up with us all killed. It's just as effective, if not more effective, to split up and attack from different angles and flank rather than trying to overload one section and end up squad wiped.

New002

There is no good reason to not have an order system and to not use it.

If the argument is "well you must be dumb as fuck if you want orders," that's kind of true? The average pub player is usually somewhere between braindead and barely competent. We need orders to incentivize pub players to follow a lead and combine efforts rather than running around like headless chickens.

But even for more competent players like most of us here, orders are still useful. If I get orders, it allows me to know which target to approach and then find my own path to it. I don't want to have to literally follow my squad leader and end up with us all killed. It's just as effective, if not more effective, to split up and attack from different angles and flank rather than trying to overload one section and end up squad wiped.

Yup. I hate when I'm in pub games and squad leaders arent issuing orders, and no it's not about the points. Whenever I'm the squad leader I'm always issuing ordrers, though admittedly I'm not at the level where I'm issuing orders regarding objectives I'm not engaged with strictly for the points. Again, not about the points for me personally. I'm just focused on trying to rally my squad.

Almost an extra attack for free. Mental.

I don't think so, that was fao fortress where you got all those vehicle kills, where it's harder to get a huge number.

I dont know how you get so many revives and also a lot of kills, whenever I play medic I'm just preoccupied with living.

Fbh

When you respawn on a horse. What's the default weapon you get?. It's some sort of rifle with low fire rate but high damage and range.
Really like it

Also which shotgun is good? Just tried one that some people where recommending (something with Hunter) but I'm not convinced. Damage seems really uneven. Sometimes I'll 1 hit KO someone from mid-close range while other times I'll shoot at them pretty much at point blank and only do 90 damage

When you respawn on a horse. What's the default weapon you get?. It's some sort of rifle with low fire rate but high damage and range.
Really like it

Also which shotgun is good? Just tried one that some people where recommending (something with Hunter) but I'm not convinced. Damage seems really uneven. Sometimes I'll 1 hit KO someone from mid-close range while other times I'll shoot at them pretty much at point blank and only do 90 damage

Russian 1895 Infantry.

The Model 10-A Hunter is by far the best shotgun in the game. There are no reasons to use any other one.

Marc

Christ, neogaf games are so quick by comparison to a normal game. Rush those points like nutters, good to watch. :D

If you have a problem issuing squad orders leave your squad and rejoin. Problem solved, you're no longer the leader. I'm shaking my head here lol. Squad orders are great and they do actually help a lot.

You can promote people in your squad too.

When I have a squad and I have someone who is clearly amazing, I tend to promote them as they know what they're doing better than I do.

Dmax3901

A pretty good review my man, though admittedly I didn't see any negatives, and there is always negatives like the absolutely awful menu lag and lack of customization from the menus as well.

Hmm good point, 9/10 doesn't mean its perfect after all. I'll keep that in mind next time.

Pastry

Banned
I still think the train is way OP in comparison to the other behemoths. It's almost better to get 100 points behind for the behemoth in Suez. It's too close to the action and too hard to take down comparatively.

Top Bottom