• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Yeah, leveling does take a while. I have like 80 hours and my only level 10 so far is Assault. However, I have the level ten weapons for Medic and Support because I got them when they were bugged. These are my scores so far:

Scout: 250,401
Support: 333,339
Assault: 964,729
Medic: 279,026
Pilot: 180,116
Tanker: 441,561
Cavalry: 190,190

I’m getting pretty close on Tanker (500K). Cavalry and Scout are 300k, so I’m pretty close on those. I think Pilot might also be 300k, I'm not too sure.

I still think the train is way OP in comparison to the other behemoths. It's almost better to get 100 points behind for the behemoth in Suez. It's too close to the action and too hard to take down comparatively.

Nah. Blimp is by far the worst. Map wide coverage and nothing infantry can do about it.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Well yeah, you follow your squad leader. If only there were some mechanic that allowed him to signal his intention so everyone could be on the same page...
Sometimes I send my squad to a heavily contested point while I ninja another one. A squad without direction is a wasted resource because they'll scatter.

saladine1

I really hope the patch includes the ability to choose a server for Operations mode for us Aussies. I can barely find a game outside a certain time at night. Very frustrating that we can only connect to Oceania.

nashman

Well they don't need to nerf behemoths in Conquest. They already nerfed them to where most matches they don't show up. It's been weeks since I can remember a case where the losing team got one and came back and actually won.

Ukps4gaf is now 34-4 for wins losses
Undefeated in 24 games....

Once again we absolutely destroyed it.

Even with some new people we absolutely smash it. Won kaiserslacht without losing 50 tickets attacking.....

The Dude

There's a dude 62 and 7 in operations, I'll never get what a person like that can do to stay alive that long. I mean I can be top of the chart but I'll be 45 and 20 or 50 and 25, just insane those types of players

Also playing defense in operations can be won but it can be such a pain in the ass, that second blimp just sucks. I mean it's really weighted in such favor of attackers

Marc

Ukps4gaf is now 34-4 for wins losses
Undefeated in 24 games....

Once again we absolutely destroyed it.

Even with some new people we absolutely smash it. Won kaiserslacht without losing 50 tickets attacking.....

Good game guys, it was like playing on easy mode or something with GAF.

I still think the train is way OP in comparison to the other behemoths. It's almost better to get 100 points behind for the behemoth in Suez. It's too close to the action and too hard to take down comparatively.
I disagree. Well, at least from an Operations perspective rather than a conquest perspective.

From Operations experience, I have no problem attacking or avoiding the Train as a foot-soldier. In contrast, play Iron Walls on the Monte Grappa section when the attackers get an airship. It's a steamrolling nightmare usually unless your pilots are exceptional. Seriously, it feels like 80% of my deaths on that map are from airship guns and another 10% are assisted by the airship.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Haven't played in a week or two. People are still dumbasses that don't know how to use their kit items or space out to spawn faster instead of waiting.

Oh and they think capping one flag will push us forward. Mmmm... no.

I disagree. Well, at least from an Operations perspective rather than a conquest perspective.

From Operations experience, I have no problem attacking or avoiding the Train as a foot-soldier. In contrast, play Iron Walls on the Monte Grappa section when the attackers get an airship. It's a steamrolling nightmare usually unless your pilots are exceptional. Seriously, it feels like 80% of my deaths on that map are from airship guns and another 10% are assisted by the airship.

Both of them suck to deal with, TBH. Train can hold 1-3 flags. Airship is death from above and your planes have to make like 50 passes to bring it down.

The boat isn't that bad outside of bombardment on Suez.

web01

Airship is so easy to kill in operations.
You can spawn in AA variation artillery truck and solo it.
You can also kill the individual gun turrets easily.
If 2 or 3 people are on AA it goes down before it has a chance to do anything.

JDB

Banned
It really depends on the map, the phase of that map and whether the blimp focuses on the AA at all or if they already got destroyed last round. Sometimes you down it incredibly fast, sometimes you have literally no tools available to do any considerable damage. The phases where you have zero AA guns are really dumb when the other team gets a blimp.

Yeah, me and my buddies 3 man Airships in Operations since the driver usually isn't competent at all

Bravoexo

There's still not a lot of players on Asian servers it seems. Been joining Operations maps with just 2-3 people in it for five minutes waiting for more players...ugh... have to resort to Conquest maps instead.

All it takes is one incompetent driver to take the truck and you're screwed.

Trojan

Is there a way to fix medals not refreshing? This is the third week in a row now where during the reset it reverts to old medals and I don't find out until I'm already entering a game. So I have to reload in hopes it works the next time.

Super frustrating, if anyone knows a fix lemme know.

terrible

Banned
All it takes is one incompetent driver to take the truck and you're screwed.

I think I've yet to play a round where this hasn't happened!

Is there a way to fix medals not refreshing? This is the third week in a row now where during the reset it reverts to old medals and I don't find out until I'm already entering a game. So I have to reload in hopes it works the next time.

My fix has been to pretend there aren't medals and play without them. Sorry I can't help.

JDB

Banned
If you could just passively get the medals it'd be much better. Then change some of the ridiculously stupid requirements. In other words: fix your shit, DICE.

The more I play Conquest, the more I'm convinced it will simply never work in public servers. It's always such a mindless mess devoid of any tactics/strategy.

You would think, for example, that after all these years people would realize that you can win just by capturing the majority of flags and immediately digging in, yet no one ever does this. It's always "capture, move forward" wash, rinse, repeat, even if it means leaving gaping holes in your defense and freely letting bases behind you fall like dominoes.

I'm just so frustrated anymore when I play this game. How can a franchise that has been around this long still have so many players that seemingly don't understand Conquest, or even the importance of defending territory!?

JDB

Banned
The more I play Conquest, the more I'm convinced it will simply never work in public servers. It's always such a mindless mess devoid of any tactics/strategy.

You would think, for example, that after all these years people would realize that you can win just by capturing the majority of flags and immediately digging in, yet no one ever does this. It's always "capture, move forward" wash, rinse, repeat, even if it means leaving gaping holes in your defense and freely letting bases behind you fall like dominoes.

I'm just so frustrated anymore when I play this game. How can a franchise that has been around this long still have so many players that seemingly don't understand Conquest, or even the importance of defending territory!?
CQ has been glorified deathmatch for a long time now.

Trojan

I would be happy if everyone just played the flags, period. Some games will have half or more of the team kind of aimlessly wandering around shooting whatever moves without even stepping within the radius of the flag.

Xyber

To everyone complaining about how slow it is to level kits, what's your score per minute?

That can be a big hint on why it might take a really long time for some people.

terrible

Banned
Yeah, the amount of time it takes will be directly linked to your SPM. It's probably near 1000 for me in Operations but I play way more Domination than anything and you get like a third of the XP you get in Operations there. In almost 80 hours I have Support at 10, Assault at 6, Medic at 4.5, and Scout at like 3.8. That's a long-ass time to unlock everything. Like.. insanely long.

otapnam

Last few times I've played operations I've found that most players are just too dumb to make it worthwhile. Sticking to conquest for now :/

JDB

Banned
To everyone complaining about how slow it is to level kits, what's your score per minute?

That can be a big hint on why it might take a really long time for some people.
I definitely feel like it's slower than previous games, but I also feel like there's less to unlock so it evens out. Maybe not having a class level progress bar on the end of the round screen adds to the feeling of it being a bit slow as well.

score/min:
BF3: 663
BF4: 1285 (the fuck?)
BF1: 605

My fix has been to pretend there aren't medals and play without them. Sorry I can't help.
Yep, my fix has also been to just pretend that BF1 medals don't exist.

That aspect of the game has been a debacle. It is, at its root, an honestly awful concept to have to individually track a medal each week, from a random selection. But then, to add insult to injury, they went and even completely fucked up that system too.

They should go back and look at the BFBC2 pins and insignias system. That one worked perfectly: it gave you interesting things to work toward, but it was completely optional and never 'in your face' about it.

jengo

Some flare questions:

1) Is there a limit to how many flares can be in effect at once? I feel like I've shot off flares as either a pilot on the ground or scout and not seen the spotting radius show up on the mini map.

2) With dropping flares from planes, I'm guessing each individual flare has it's own circumference for spotting and it's not just one big one (unless they drop close to each other)?

3) I've never seen anyone use a blinding flare in over 40 hours of MP (mostly Operations and Conquest). Is it really not that useful?

What is the purpose of squads?

They're meant to help groups of players work together towards specific objectives/goals by allowing them to spawn on each other and talk via VOIP. Unfortunately though, at least in my experience on PC, they're rarely used for that purpose. It's tough to find squads that stick together, attack/defend the same flag, choose classes that compliment each other, etc.

WillyFive

What is the purpose of squads?

The main basic defining mechanic of the Battlefield series.

You get into a squad (a group of people under a leader) and you as a team capture objectives and/or other goals. When a squad follows orders from it's leader, everyone in the squad gets a lot of points, and the communication aspect allows players to keep themselves alive a lot longer and be able to take down vehicles and control objectives far, far easier than if you were alone trying to do it lone-wolf.

Yep, my fix has also been to just pretend that BF1 medals don't exist.

Same for me, game became a lot better by ignoring them.

renzolama

I get almost as much satisfaction from pinging a lazy squad leader for an order every 3-5 seconds as I would from actually having an objective to play. After I have a few drinks, it's even worse. Woe betide the squad leader who doesn't give me an objective after I'm 4-6 drinks deep; I'll ping you so hard and so fast that it will be like a DDOS for your brain.

Xyber

Yeah, the amount of time it takes will be directly linked to your SPM. It's probably near 1000 for me in Operations but I play way more Domination than anything and you get like a third of the XP you get in Operations there. In almost 80 hours I have Support at 10, Assault at 6, Medic at 4.5, and Scout at like 3.8. That's a long-ass time to unlock everything. Like.. insanely long.

I have been playing mostly Operations, Rush and War Pidgeons. At my peak I was sitting just under 1100SPM. Currently it's at ~850 because I have played more CQ alone and teamwork with randoms definitely affects your overall score.

I have rank 10 in all but support where I am coming close to 9 (my least favorite of the classes). I have 84 hours in the game and I'm rank 73.

Man, I was finally able to play with all my friends that own the game, filling up two squads but DICE wanted to crash this party... at the end of every round that we were together it switched one of the squads to the opposite team for balance. :( I mean, yea, we were wrecking some fools, but let us have some fun
at the expense of others.

It was still fun to play against each other for the rounds in between though, before half of us managed to change teams again, but it did get frustrating after a while. I can't recall if we were all in the same party (how many can be in a party anyway?), but it should try to keep us in the same team, right? Or does the balance always take priority?

Xyber

Man, I was finally able to play with all my friends that own the game, filling up two squads but DICE wanted to crash this party... at the end of every round that we were together it switched one of the squads to the opposite team for balance. :( I mean, yea, we were wrecking some fools, but let us have some fun
at the expense of others.

It was still fun to play against each other for the rounds in between though, before half of us managed to change teams again, but it did get frustrating after a while. I can't recall if we were all in the same party (how many can be in a party anyway?), but it should try to keep us in the same team, right? Or does the balance always take priority?

The balancing only takes squads into consideration, so with multiple squads you are not guaranteed to be on the same team. But I don't know how many you can be in a party, so maybe it will still try and keep you all together if you all join the same party and then just squad up in the game.

terrible

Banned
I have been playing mostly Operations, Rush and War Pidgeons. At my peak I was sitting just under 1100SPM. Currently it's at ~850 because I have played more CQ alone and teamwork with randoms definitely affects your overall score.

I have rank 10 in all but support where I am coming close to 9 (my least favorite of the classes). I have 84 hours in the game and I'm rank 73.

That's an impressively high SPM honestly. I doubt most players are at even half that.

Xyber

That's an impressively high SPM honestly. I doubt most players are at even half that.

But the thing is, I am not amazing at the game and I'm honestly surprised how people who say they are playing the objective and shit all the time can be around 400SPM.

I have 2.05 in K/D which is above average but not great or anything. I play my class and I go for objectives and that's all there is to it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My priorities are pretty much Objective > Help team > Kills
I kill whatever I need to kill to get the objective and I don't care about dying. Statpadding is useless if you don't win. And seeing how I am sitting at 71% win percentage, I'd say that it's working out for me.

terrible

Banned
But the thing is, I am not amazing at the game and I'm honestly surprised how people who say they are playing the objective and shit all the time can be around 400SPM.

I have 2.05 in K/D which is above average but not great or anything. I play my class and I go for objectives and that's all there is to it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I kill whatever I need to kill to get the objective and I don't care about dying. Statpadding is useless if you don't win. And seeing how I am sitting at 71% win percentage, I'd say that it's working out for me.
Well in BF4 a 900 SPM puts you in the top 10% of SPM for that game and SPM is way harder to come by in this game so you could very well be in the top 1%.

So just assume everyone else is unlocking stuff waaaaaaay slower than you and it should help you understand why a lot of people are saying it takes forever to unlock stuff lol.

I have 2.05 in K/D which is above average but not great or anything. I play my class and I go for objectives and that's all there is to it. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

You're really good at the game and your experience is in no way representative of the average player, let alone even the average player in this thread.

Top Bottom