• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

DICE pls

YyhYOAh.gif

LMAO! Usually it's the other way around for me... Spawn right in some asshole's crosshair!

The Dude

I still don't understand if operations is one big match why stats can't be combined. I just want to see a combined score at the end, the first half seems like it didn't even happen since if you forget to check scoreboard it's gone

Once upon a time friendly fire was turned on by default in every shooter. No handholding coloured names, players managed fine.

Not really. Friendly fire has been really uncommon (outside of tactical shooters) since the beginning of MP FPSs.

No Battlefield game has ever turned it on by default, for example, even going all the way back to BF 1942 in 2002. None of the other big shooters around that time period, like Medal of Honor: AA, Quake 3, UT 99, Day of Defeat, or even good old Counter Strike 1.5 had it on by default, either.

So not really sure where you're getting that information from, but it's simply incorrect.

Surfinn

Not really. Friendly fire has been really uncommon (outside of tactical shooters) since the beginning of MP FPSs.

No Battlefield game has ever turned it on by default, for example, even going all the way back to BF 1942 in 2002. None of the other big shooters around that time period, like Medal of Honor: AA, Quake 3, UT 99, Day of Defeat, or even good old Counter Strike 1.5 had it on by default, either.

So not really sure where you're getting that information from, but it's simply incorrect.
That's what I was thinking too. I don't remember any shooters really that enabled it by default.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
Not sure what else people were expecting with Hardcore besides hordes of snipers. Cut the health nearly in half, allowing their rifles to kill anybody in one shot at any essentially any range, of course players are going to gravitate to that role. That's how it's always been since DICE first tried it out in BC2, loads of camping Recons and not much playing the objective. It's a shame they have to mess with the HP settings for whatever inane reason, because some of the stuff Hardcore does differently than Normal, like disabling 3D spotting and all-squad spawning, I would love to see set as default settings in all servers.

Surfinn

Not sure what else people were expecting with Hardcore besides hordes of snipers. Cut the health nearly in half, allowing their rifles to kill anybody in one shot at any essentially any range, of course players are going to gravitate to that role. That's how it's always been since DICE first tried it out in BC2, loads of camping Recons and not much playing the objective. It's a shame they have to mess with the HP settings for whatever inane reason, because some of the stuff Hardcore does differently than Normal, like disabling 3D spotting and all-squad spawning, I would love to see set as default settings in all servers.

Yup, I accidentally loaded into a game of HC conquest in BF4.. nope'd right the fuck out of there after like 2 deaths. Horrid changes.

Anybody else getting a quick totally black screen during gameplay ? It is for only a split second.
Happened once last night in about 5 hours of team deathmatch and today once in 3 hours.
I dont think I saw this before the patch a few days ago.
Playing on ps4 pro. Hope nothing is wrong with the pros hdmi port.

Surfinn

You mean adding two points in a straight line that changes virtually nothing to the way the map plays doesn't change anything? Well, I for one am stunned

Lol that's what I was thinking. Why not put some goddamn flags on the sides of the map.

But it doesn't help that Suez is shaped like a baguette.

43-4 on ukps4gaf
33 wins in a row
That was fucking tough....

Defending conquer hell. The closest we've ever gone to losing a defence.

Just a message - if you join session from ukps4gaf and you join the enemy side you'll get kicked. We play as a team.

43-4 on ukps4gaf
33 wins in a row

Just a message - if you join session from ukps4gaf and you join the enemy side you'll get kicked. We play as a team.
Oh boo hoo, you had actually had to face some opposition instead of rolling pubs. Cry me a river.

Mahonay

Banned
43-4 on ukps4gaf
33 wins in a row

I enjoy playing against my friends sometimes, even if I definitely prefer working together on the same team. It's fun trying to 1-up each other and pull off random stunts.

Battlefield is better when you're not 100 percent serious about it all.

jaaz

43-4 on ukps4gaf
33 wins in a row

Aren't you guys taking this a bit too seriously? Just a game man.

Not really. It's just we are all working towards a goal and all of us in the party right now agree that you don't judas. Second party is there for a reason.

We play together or you don't play with us.

We have gaf V's gaf nights for a reason guys

Theorry

Jesus Operation can take so long now. First map 45 min. Second map 1.5 hour.
108 kills lol and a total score after the win of 73.000. I am tired now..

No popcorn to be eaten. I left the group. No reason to waste my time with people who take a silly win streak so seriously that they whine when they have to actually face some real opponents instead of a bunch of casual pubs that they roll over.

Because you know, that is a just so much fun. 🙄🙄🙄
I enjoy playing against my friends sometimes, even if I definitely prefer working together on the same team. It's fun trying to 1-up each other and pull off random stunts.

Battlefield is better when you're not 100 percent serious about it all.
Playing against friends is usually fun because it lends some context to who you're shooting, adds some friendly competitiveness and you know, actually makes it a challenge.

Mahonay

Banned
Not really. It's just we are all working towards a goal and all of us in the party right now agree that you don't judas. Second party is there for a reason.

This is a pretty shitty attitude to have against members of our own community.

FF was on on all early Battlefield games. Go play them again.

Seems to me like some people are just upset they dont get on in time to join the group. Cry me a river. If you want to play with other people so badly make another party on your own.

Or be on the other team and get rolled.

JDB

Banned
Wish gas grenades had a different color for their indicator. Would make it much easier to quickly see if you should be running away from a grenade or just put on the gas mask.

Hjod

Banned
No popcorn to be eaten. I left the group. No reason to waste my time with people who take a silly win streak so seriously that they whine when they have to actually face some real opponents instead of a bunch of casual pubs that they roll over.

Because you know, that is a just so much fun. 🙄🙄🙄

I meant nothing by it, was just trying to lighten the mood. I kind of agree with you as I enjoy playing against my friends, we might even rent a server just to kill each other and mess about like we did in BF1942 back in the day.

Why is his drink so small?

Mans better be getting free refills.

Haha, yeah you could say it could be almost to salty..get it? Eh, never mind.

I meant nothing by it, was just trying to lighten the mood. I kind of agree with you as I enjoy playing against my friends, we might even rent a server just to kill each other and mess about like we did in BF1942 back in the day.
Ah renting servers to dick around, those were the days!
Seems to me like some people are just upset they dont get on in time to join the group. Cry me a river. If you want to play with other people so badly make another party on your own.

Or be on the other team and get rolled.
The whole point is we were on the other team and we didn't get rolled.

Get good. Cry more whiners.

elyetis

Battlefield isn't balanced around hardcore. It breaks the game.

This guy pretty much nails it. Skip to the mid point where he starts talking about the balance issues.
HC is clearly unbalanced, and little work is really put into it.

But it's the easiest way to have a server without minimap, no 3d spotting, and no health regen. At first I really played HC for the lower TTK, but in the end it's really mostly about those 3 things that I choose to play HC.

Lender

Oh wow, just a game man, just a game.

Anyhoo, but LTTP but damn, how good is that Bar. I've been using the Telescopic version for a few days now, and it's ridiculous how good it is. I can even pick apart snipers with it hundreds of meters away, or at least suppress and hit them enough so they back away. It's so damn good.

Got my SPM up to 797 now after a couple of productive round tonight. First one was an operation and we just blasted through 2 maps without losing a single battalion. Hell, I think we barely lost like 60 tickets each map. They didn't stand a chance.

I just received the Martini-Henry.
Yeah, well, I don't know what I should use it for..

You want to use it for medium range. The OHK on it is 30m to 80m, which is pretty useful because most engagements are between these ranges. Long range is a bit harder. It has no optics and it has the lowest bullet velocity, so you have to lead your shots a lot. It's a really fun weapon, it's one of my favorite and I loathe the Scout class.

Yopis

HC is clearly unbalanced, and little work is really put into it.

But it's the easiest way to have a server without minimap, no 3d spotting, and no health regen. At first I really played HC for the lower TTK, but in the end it's really mostly about those 3 things that I choose to play HC.

I enjoy HC. People always whine about it. Stick to the base game. The health Regen is just so horrible. Never liked it.

Top Bottom