• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

The game counts each pellet as a hit, so if 3 pellets hit after one shot your accuracy is 300% as far as the game is concerned. It will only show as 100% in-game though. The Model 10 has what, 20 pellets per shot? It's pretty hard not to have around 100% accuracy with it unless you're using slugs.

Yeah, I currently have 955 hits on 823 shots, and that's with a lot of misses spamming people at range. 100% accuracy is not terribly hard to achieve with shotguns in this game.

The game counts each pellet as a hit, so if 3 pellets hit after one shot your accuracy is 300% as far as the game is concerned. It will only show as 100% in-game though. The Model 10 has what, 20 pellets per shot? It's pretty hard not to have around 100% accuracy with it unless you're using slugs.

The jesus 10 hunter is a funny old thing

Last night in a game it felt like I was getting nothing but hit markers even from very close range.

I finished the game with 2.0 kd

just goes to show it's that good that even if you think you are doing shit you may actually be topping the board haha

AlexBasch

What's the poin of the Operations mode if I always end up joining the losing side when it has like 20 soldiers left.

I don't understand that mode and tbh I'm not having much fun with the game, please tell me I can get a scope for the basic medic rifle, because I want to heal people but I'm sick already of that weapon.

What's the poin of the Operations mode if I always end up joining the losing side when it has like 20 soldiers left.

I don't understand that mode and tbh I'm not having much fun with the game, please tell me I can get a scope for the basic medic rifle, because I want to heal people but I'm sick already of that weapon.
Be glad you can play Operations at all, without server select they are already deserted on Asian servers.

Did you know that you can switch that gun to full auto fire by pressing V? Try that in close range and the gun becomes pretty good. Also switch the standard iron sight with the Buckhorn Ironsight. You can thank me later.
And no, if you want a scope you will have to unlock a version with one and buy it with warbonds. Same for all guns.

Crumpo

I played some of this on my pro last night, first time since the patch...I kept getting some warning icons show up, packet loss being the main one. Never seen it before and am on a 50mb wired connection.

Is packet loss a problem on my end?

I checked the patch notes but couldn't see it, did they actually nerf the anti-tank mines? I have run up to tanks and dropped them at the tank and seems like it only counts 2 mines now
A few times the after death has shown the tank has only taken like 30 damage from 3 mines

Mines do just as much damage as they used to, but they have slowed down how quickly you can put them down. I used to like dropping two really quickly as I was running away, but there's a pause between laying them now.

kriskrosbbk

I played some of this on my pro last night, first time since the patch...I kept getting some warning icons show up, packet loss being the main one. Never seen it before and am on a 50mb wired connection.

Problem is with the patch man.Starting from lower IQ,moving to worse framerate on some maps and at the end extremely laggy menus,scoreboard screen.
I am so unhappy at the moment to the point that I wish I never seen what was the game before 1.04 on Pro. I cant imagine how you can achieve all the above with a single patch.DICE messed it big time :/
I am quite surprised that no one is touching on that topic in this thread

Had this issue too when moving to pro. Check your connection. It may now be Nat type 3.

I had to do some port forwarding to get nat type 2. When that was done, the icons disappeared.

Crumpo

Had this issue too when moving to pro. Check your connection. It may now be Nat type 3.

I had to do some port forwarding to get nat type 2. When that was done, the icons disappeared.

Thanks, will have a play this afternoon.

Re: recent patch, I have only played this version on the pro, which is a noticeable improvement already...if it gets better with a subsequent patch then great!

Sky87

The packet loss symbol should be ignored unless you run into general problems with your connection. When playing Conquest it shows up regularily, but almost never on Operations.

My connection is completely stable. If i had constant packet loss, i'd be disconnected from matches.

bosseye

The first map on iron walls monte grade? Is terrible in all modes, especially conquest. Just horribly designed and boring.

Grappa! No way guy. Love that map. Looks good, love the mountainside dynamic with the height advantages. It can be a real clusterfuck trying take the bunker capture points sometimes, but that's the joy of playing with uncoordinated randoms I guess.

Grappa! No way guy. Love that map. Looks good, love the mountainside dynamic with the height advantages. It can be a real clusterfuck trying take the bunker capture points sometimes, but that's the joy of playing with uncoordinated randoms I guess.

Isn't too bad on operations but it's still a cluster fuck with all the hills.

Also there is literally no point using ads on the mp-18 it retains perfect accuracy in hip fire

Acinixys

Ive been playing a little bit of BF4 to unlock the 1911 skin, and I have to say that the movement in that game is so sluggish compared to BF1

Also, it feels like it takes hours to ADS, especially with pistols

Going back I really feel that BF1 is a big step forward for the series

TheZink

Be glad you can play Operations at all, without server select they are already deserted on Asian servers.

Did you know that you can switch that gun to full auto fire by pressing V? Try that in close range and the gun becomes pretty good. Also switch the standard iron sight with the Buckhorn Ironsight. You can thank me later.
And no, if you want a scope you will have to unlock a version with one and buy it with warbonds. Same for all guns.
I played a couple matches yesterday in the US but enentually ended up the only one left in the server so I went back to conquest.

Xater

They should make Operations a single map playlist. Give the attacker less attacks and it would be great fun. Also that playlist should be 40 players only. I'd take that as my alternative to Rush.

Theorry

They should just get rid of Rush. I mean after BC2 they never got it right anymore.
Just replace it with Operations. Keep CQ, TDM and Domination. Those are enough gamemodes for the game. Rest is always a waste and offcourse they gonna add even more gamemodes with Premium.. Sigh.

Xater

They should just get rid of Rush. I mean after BC2 they never got it right anymore.
Just replace it with Operations. Keep CQ, TDM and Domination. Those are enough gamemodes for the game. Rest is always a waste and offcourse they gonna add even more gamemodes with Premium.. Sigh.

Nah Rush in this is actually good again. TDM and DOM have no place in Battlefield.

The Dude

I do think going to a complete new area and restarting operations stats isn't needed, there has to be a better way to achieve a solid 45 min to hour battle but keep it all in one massive area. I hate the stats reset, it bugs me so bad

Draper

Been playing for a few days now, and it is such an epic experience when everyone is running to the next capture point.

I'm curious to know what everyone's favorite loadout is i.e. role, gun, accessories, etc.

Xyber

I agree that Rush is finally good again after having been pretty meh since BC2. I'm not really sure I want it to be 32 players, that just means even more useless snipers not doing anything.

I honestly don’t like Operations at all. I played some today just so I can get the Battlefest skin. It’s pretty much just Hunter, mortar, and gas spam. It’s not like I did bad, I went 75-10 on the first map. However, it wasn’t fun at all, just a fucking meatgrinder. It was just like Metro, but longer. I’ll stick with Conquest like I’ve been doing.

Theorry

I honestly don’t like Operations at all. I played some today just so I can get the Battlefest skin. It’s pretty much just Hunter, mortar, and gas spam. It’s not like I did bad, I went 75-10 on the first map. However, it wasn’t fun at all, just a fucking meatgrinder. It was just like Metro, but longer. I’ll stick with Conquest like I’ve been doing.

Probably played 64 players? 40 players is by far a better experience. You can flank there and have a impact.

That was my impression, it's too linear. I prefer conquest because you can actually out flank the enemy, capture points behind their main lines and hit them in the rear as a lot of the time people are so determined to capture one or two points they get distracted.

Probably played 64 players? 40 players is by far a better experience.

40 still doesn't alleviate the linear nature of it completely. It's why I have never liked rush either.

Probably played 64 players? 40 players is by far a better experience. You can flank there and have a impact.

Yeah, it was 64. More players mean more points for me!

That was my impression, it's too linear. I prefer conquest because you can actually out flank the enemy, capture points behind their main lines and hit them in the rear as a lot of the time people are so determined to capture one or two points they get distracted.

Yeah, you're funneled into a lot of choke points. I mean yeah you can flank here and there, but not like on Conquest.

The Dude

64 players is a cluster fuck.

Yea pretty much. I mean the biggest issue I have is someone is always coming from somewhere or looking at you, always. I can kill 2 3 4 guys but there is always some sniper eventually that is standing nowhere near the battle that just finishes me off.

It's honestly something that I don't understand for all these people who so easily toss out, yea I went 80 and 5, I went 75 and 8 etc... And I just sit and think about how even tho I'm a pretty good player, I keep my kd ratio to about 2.0 and higher overall, I still have matches where when I do 60 kills or so, I fight my ass off, but I die a good 15 to 20 or so times because there's so many deaths I can't even account for. When I'm creeping around, nobody near me...i kill a dude or two, someone spawns from behind me and guts me... I can't account for that, and it happens a ton.

Unless people just play with the most idiotic players ever or something.

I feel I'm decent, but i gotta admit this thread makes me feel like a peon at times for how people must be 75 to 100 kills so haphazardly lol

Problem is with the patch man.Starting from lower IQ,moving to worse framerate on some maps and at the end extremely laggy menus,scoreboard screen.
I am so unhappy at the moment to the point that I wish I never seen what was the game before 1.04 on Pro. I cant imagine how you can achieve all the above with a single patch.DICE messed it big time :/
I am quite surprised that no one is touching on that topic in this thread
Yeah, on PS4 Pro the game is now unequivocally worse post-patch than it was pre-patch. As a dev, I think you need to take a good hard look at yourself if that's the case.

I agree that Rush is finally good again after having been pretty meh since BC2. I'm not really sure I want it to be 32 players, that just means even more useless snipers not doing anything.
DICE definitely got it right here, 12 vs 12 is the sweet spot for Rush. When you go to 16 vs 16 it becomes too hard for the attackers to sneak past the defenders, and once you take that away you're just left with a meat grinder.

The biggest problem with Rush in BF1 is that Operations is stepping on its toes.

DaciaJC

Gold Member

40 still doesn't alleviate the linear nature of it completely. It's why I have never liked rush either.

Indeed.

Have they fixed the PC version yet? Since the update the text in the menu and textures in game flicker like crazy for us with Sli systems. Want to play again but can't with a single card on an ultrawide.

I sometimes don't understand people in this game...

At the beginning of a new round I take a tank for the lulz and quite often get around 25 or more kills until someone decides to kill me...
Most enemies don't seem to care about a tank rolling towards them, die, respawn and just do what they did before..

JDB

Banned
I sometimes don't understand people in this game...

At the beginning of a new round I take a tank for the lulz and quite often get around 25 or more kills until someone decides to kill me...
Most enemies don't seem to care about a tank rolling towards them, die, respawn and just do what they did before..
Meanwhile whenever I step into a tank I faintly hear the noise of a dozen players going prone with AT Rockets in the distance.

Top Bottom