• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Man, had the worse string of games last night in Operations.. Lost 5 in a row! The first three I got put into games that were almost over.. And the final two no one was PTFO.

Need to run with a squad more often.

kriskrosbbk

I am interested to hear your opinion guys.I am a PS4 Pro player with almost 100hr hours on the game.80 on OG PS4, 10 on the Pro pre patch and 10 after 1.04 .IQ seems to be downgraded for me.Big hit on Argonne and Amiens .Framerate on CQ especially Quentin and Empire's edge is a lot worse than pre patch.Menus and scoreboard animations are laggy,were not before .I love the game, don't get me wrong ,I just wonder how they made all of the above possible with a single patch.And their silence doesn't help.

http://www.bfcentral.net/new-battlefield-1-patch-reportedly-downgrades-graphics-pc/

The Dude

I am interested to hear your opinion guys.I am a PS4 Pro player with almost 100hr hours on the game.80 on OG PS4, 10 on the Pro pre patch and 10 after 1.04 .IQ seems to be downgraded for me.Big hit on Argonne and Amiens .Framerate on CQ especially Quentin and Empire's edge is a lot worse than pre patch.Menus and scoreboard animations are laggy,were not before .I love the game, don't get me wrong ,I just wonder how they made all of the above possible with a single patch.And their silence doesn't help.

http://www.bfcentral.net/new-battlefield-1-patch-reportedly-downgrades-graphics-pc/

Yea, it's definitely not eye popping like it was. For me it was eye popping and now it's pretty much normal ps4, but they said they're lookin into it... Although haven't heard anything since.

It's just annoying that they won't address it

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Yea, it's definitely not eye popping like it was. For me it was eye popping and now it's pretty much normal ps4, but they said they're lookin into it... Although haven't heard anything since.

It's just annoying that they won't address it
I wonder if they removed the sharpening. The PC port seems blurrier to me as well.

Capsov

Did the companion app's play time get messed up with the update? Its says I only have 53h, when I could have sworn I was already up over 70. Xbox live even says I'm over 80 hours.

terrible

Banned
Did the companion app's play time get messed up with the update? Its says I only have 53h, when I could have sworn I was already up over 70. Xbox live even says I'm over 80 hours.

The latest update corrected in-game playtime. I believe prior to the update the entire length of a match was added to your game time even if you joined part way through it.

They need to add more guns and maps soon. Getting bored already.

Personally I think it's kind of refreshing not to have an overwhelming number of weapons in the game, as I tend to use only 2 or 3 exclusively.
I love the previous Battlefield games, but the number of weapons and customizations was a bit much for me.
I would however welcome some fresh maps. Can't have enough of those :)

The Dude

Man I don't know, must just be a different generation of gamer. I don't know how anyone who's a fan of epic, intense FPSer action like this could be bored over the guns. I mean there are 4 classes with numerous weapons in each all performing different, but that's not the focal point... It's these battles, they are incredible, how can anyone be bored lol

Side thought, I finally got going with the attack plane... Oh baby that was thrilling to rack up some kills

THEaaron

Yeah, the amount of guns available at launch is horrid. Very disappointing.

No. Games with a ton of guns are horrible. I like a more balanced core gameplay and too many weapons are actually hurting a good balance. I am motivated enough by the core gameplay.

But they will add a bunch of weapons with the dlcs.

I think the amount of guns are fine, but some are just useless. Like why uses any other shotgun than the Model 10 Hunter? Why use the Sleb 1906 when every other Medic rifle is better? If all the weapons where actually balanced and had their own strengths and weaknesses, you’d see a larger variety of weapons being used. However, for the most part all you see are the Model 10, Hellriegel, BAR, Mondragon, and etc. So yeah, I don’t mind the amount, but they need to balance a lot of them so they are actually viable. The amount of maps are fine and we are getting a free one next month. I’m level 70 atm and I’m still enjoying the game.

I'm currently thinking about trading this game for Titanfall.

The SP doesn't interest me and the MP is always the same stupid shit and I don't see it changing any soon.

JDB

Banned
BF4 has hundreds of weapons, gadgets and attachments. Oh hey get a 100 kills with this weapons to have a chance to unlock the scope you want. Terrible all around.

The SP doesn't interest me and the MP is always the same stupid shit and I don't see it changing any soon.

TF 2 is a very good game. It has one of the best SP experiences in years and the MP is also solid. Also there's no season pass or anything like that.

Theorry

Thats why i always say BFH also did some good things. Like buy what you want with the money you earned. Glad they took that also. I think the amount of weapons are fine. More weapons doesnt make it better and people still play with the best guns. Like in BF4. Just like someone said try to make them all a decent choice.

Dysun

I'm really anticipating new maps

In the mean time, as someone who mainly plays operations it would be nice to flip the order of the maps so it's not always the same map first

LightInfa

I'm really anticipating new maps

In the mean time, as someone who mainly plays operations it would be nice to flip the order of the maps so it's not always the same map first

The progression of the maps is based on how the reality of those battles developed. In Kaiserschlacht it would make no sense to fight in Amiens (behind the front lines) before attacking the front lines themselves. Would totally break historical immersion for me.

I'm looking forward to more great maps, that's what determines the success of the game. More vehicles will be nice if they can add some unique ones.

Extra weapons are no doubt coming too, but I don't think they generally add much to the game; if they've done their job properly with the base weapons, then extra weapons can only really duplicate what they already have in place (if they have the balance correct).

They'll be adding new modes too, but they'll most likely be gimmicks and a waste of time. I'd love to be proven wrong on that front though.

Heroman

Banned
The progression of the maps is based on how the reality of those battles developed. In Kaiserschlacht it would make no sense to fight in Amiens (behind the front lines) before attacking the front lines themselves. Would totally break historical immersion for me.
But the game already break the historical immersion.

Thinking of possible new behemoths they could add:

K-Wagen super-heavy German tank (partially built)
442e5d.jpg

Tsar Tank (only prototyped)
01.jpg

The Dude

Plenty of, if not more stupid shit in titanfall. Hope you like dying in less than a second even with someone barely hitting your ass hair and enjoy that opponents know where you're at all match with nonstop wall hacks.

Tsar Tank (only prototyped)
01.jpg
Holy heck, we need the Tsar tank in the game. Murder Bicycle of Doom, what's not to like?

@Needs more Weapons/Maps: Disagree on guns, there is plenty in the game right now. I rather have a solid, well balanced bunch of weapons than hundreds of them that don't add anything unique. Looking at the 10A Hunter there is still more than enough balancing to be done yet before they introduce more of them.

Game REALLY needs more maps though, I agree. The bunch we have right now isn't much, especially if you ignore Suez and Fao Fortress which are absolutely crappy maps (especially Fao on Conquest, ultra boring sniper fest while most of the objectives are way to close together). The new Western front trench map can't come soon enough.

So I updated my game to play it on Friday and ever since I've been getting flickering in the menus and in the game.

I play with sli 750Ms and I was able to play the game perfectly fine until the update.

Has anyone else had this issue of flickering? Any word from DICE or EA?

Theorry

Really liking the Autoloading 8 .25 Extended lately. Great for being more agressive then with a Mondragon. And the gun feels alot better then the 1907 sweeper.

Dysun

I understand that completely, but from a gameplay perspective it would really freshen things up

Ran into a glitch this morning. Waited a good 3-5 minutes for everything to load up from dashboard to getting into the game, only to get this. Couldn't do anything. Redeployed and still got the same thing.

The loading in this game is insane and finally getting into a game just to have to dashboard and quit the build is a joke.

EDIT: What the fuck it did it on the next game. Anybody else getting this?

Guess I get to uninstall and reinstall. What a lovely game.

ThisOne

Really liking the Autoloading 8 .25 Extended lately. Great for being more agressive then with a Mondragon. And the gun feels alot better then the 1907 sweeper.
It's a good gun. Still not sure why that other version of the Autoloading 8 is even a thing. It's got a clip of like 5 bullets. Why would you use it?

kriskrosbbk

Something that really annoys me is the animation on the scoreboard for the battlepack winners.
It is stuttering a lot for me.Anyone else?On PS Pro btw.Happened after 1.04

Theorry

Really have to try it out. M1907 is good but I think I'd rather have even more of a closer ranged Mondragon instead.

Yeah its a good middle ground. I liked the sweeper but its pretty crap at range. Even at medium range. With the autoloader i still easy can kill people at range and have a good gun for more close range also.

The Beard

BF4 has hundreds of weapons, gadgets and attachments. Oh hey get a 100 kills with this weapons to have a chance to unlock the scope you want. Terrible all around.

I absolutely love BF4, but the weapon system is horrible. Randomly unlocking attachments through Battlepacks is the dumbest shit ever.

Night.Ninja

Banned
Something that really annoys me is the animation on the scoreboard for the battlepack winners.
It is stuttering a lot for me.Anyone else?On PS Pro btw.Happened after 1.04

Always like that, then you get the one that doesn't load up and you hope it's you even though battle packs are a waste of time

UKps4gaf, not many on my psn list are into this and I need some fellow chaps to help carry me through a game. ;)

Certainly not the best, buy loving it all the same... Caution, I have been known to swear profusely on mic when I get killed! :D

Top Bottom