• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Lemnisc8

Right but the key here is "our team". A single soldier won't force a decent tank to retreat.

Nah of course not, but I'm not actually arguing that point at all. My point was tanks are not op because they CAN be killed by a single assault (you do get shit tank drivers after all). But It absolutely SHOULD take more than one person to cause a decent tank driver any problems. And I think the phone point is that the tank is supposed to be "worth" more than a single infantry player.

Surfinn

Nah of course not, but I'm not actually arguing that point at all. My point was tanks are not op because they CAN be killed by a single assault (you do get shit tank drivers after all). But It absolutely SHOULD take more than one person to cause a decent tank driver any problems. And I think the phone point is that the tank is supposed to be "worth" more than a single infantry player.

Right, I totally agree.

Marc

Teamwork is the key, however it may mean that the population has to settle down before matches with players who PTFO are more common.

I haven't particuarly found it tougher to defend, just obviously takes longer.

I think the strategy has to change a fair bit from what I saw, your defence has to hang back enough to try and chew through the incoming assault. While at the same time be close enough to stop any quick loss of flags. That's a lot harder to manage, especially when you get a tank, bomber and behemoth all trying to ruin your day. Feels like there is more incentive to hang back as a scout or mortar, which doesn't sound good to me.

before the patch it was easy to win either defence or attack with a squad.

Post patch you can definitely tell that the pendulum swings fully in favour of attackers. 50 extra tickets per sector won is a joke.

That was like an unending wave of people last night. As above I think we have to play it smarter which is doable as a squad but Joe public has a helluva struggle in front of them.

Doesn't seem balanced to me anyway, regardless of how we were playing. A tank comes in and wipes out the protection at a flag, you can't spawn back in time. Flag gone in seconds, and now you have to outflank the tank to take it out which takes time from the spawn. In the meantime all the infantry are now all focused on your 1 or 2 flags left.

You have to know your role. I generally play medic, and the guns are definitely worse than what you get with assault, but that's because the medic isn't meant to be out there getting massive frag counts, you're supposed to be healing and reviving your assaults and support. It's real easy to top the leaderboard by playing objectives and getting lots of heals/revives around capture points as opposed to trying to rack up big kill streaks. That said, the Selbstlader m1916 variants are really strong for the medic, since they kill in 3 shots and have a 26 round magazine.

Yeah, assault should definitely be the strongest combat wise at close range at least. I meant more compared to the Scouts and Supports (even the drivers/pilots to an extent). I think Medics at medium range should be stronger though, not like a massive change, just a bit of a damage buff at mid range. Agreed on the scoring, usually in the upper end of the table playing the medic role but meant purely from a combat point of view. You look at other classes able to tear through the opposition if they get the drop on them, as a medic unless you get a bunch of headshots that's unlikely to be happening. Unless the opposition are really silly and not paying attention after seeing buddies die and me reloading (which has happened tbf) right next to them. It would be nice to have a higher possibility of a good killstreak. Best way is with mixing up grenades, the rifle and switching to your backup. Which is a lot to get right compared to just spraying bullets everywhere.

I'm using the mondragon storm, so maybe need to try the 1916 out, I didn't think there was much difference stats wise (well damage at least) so didn't bother changing up. Thanks for the tip! :)

How does one get the #FridayNightBattlefield dogtag?

Ive been playing for 2-3 hours in the custom server....and nothing?

found this on the battlefield board by a moderator:

Currently you do not unlock it only by playing on #FridayNightBattlefield servers. There will be other requirements I believe. More information will be provided at a later date. No date is known as of yet.

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/48971/fridaynightbattlefield-dog-tag-not-unlocked

DICE come on...

What's the point of having a quit button at the end of a round if you still have to wait ages for it to load the map?

Seems rather pointless.

ages is right. Had to restart the game because it was loading forever. Longer than it would take me to let the game load the next map XD

also:

Those spawn points are frustrating as hell...

It happens so often that you get put next to an enemy...

there is one Alley in that City Map "amiens" i think where the enemy spawns no matter if you are close to the spawnpoint or not.

Isnt it usually that a spawnpoint isnt used by the game if the enemy is close to it to avoid that situation?

lets just say the asshole came out in me and i got 5-6 kills. Felt dirty every time i killed somebody... :) :(

Orcus

As support with a limpet charge when I see a tank

tumblr_o56yb2vmlc1s2wio8o3_1280.gif
Hilarious!

Orcus

Flares, cap flags as scout, infantary version of the snipers.

Got to level 3 in like 10 matches and more importantly had fun!
Yeah, I think I enjoyed leveling up scout the most with the Laurance of Arabia rifle and playing aggressive sniper on points. After that I world rank my enjoyment as medic, assault, and then support. The LMG buff wasn't huge, but it would have been nice to have a few weeks ago when I was leveling up.

Orcus

I think medic weapons are pretty good honestly, I can lay waste to a team on the right stages with my M1916
I agree, but there are individual cases in each class where some weapons need some balancing. There are some weapons that just do not provide any reason to use them, unless you enjoy handicapping yourself. Each weapon should have some use, even if it's very situational. And there are still a couple of weapons that need a Nerf. LMGs/support is still the only class that need a little more love across the board; just a little, not a lot.

thejpfin

Well this is just great, my game is now completely stuttery broken.
Everytime game starts to save, it causes about 5 sec framerate freezes.

Before patch game only saved in the menu screen, after patch it saves everytime you do some progress ingame. I'm losing so many fire fights now, because I can't aim when game fps drops to 20.

This is starting to feel like Battlefield 4 launch.

Before patch game only saved in the menu screen, after patch it saves everytime you do some progress ingame. I'm losing so many fire fights now, because I can't aim when game fps drops to 20.

Mine got really laggy (XB1) after I resumed from a suspended state. It eventually locked up the Xbox. After a hard reboot it was fine again.

Only time I've had that happen.

Orcus

I has similar symptoms during the play trail, not the beta. I think it was related to OS notifications, context switching, or going back to the home screen. When this happened my game would occasionally stutter horribly until I restarted the game or the XBox. I reset my XBox, keeping apps and games, and the problem went away. Not sure if that helps, but if it didn't, it might help someone else.

thejpfin

I play on PC, but thanks anyway. I'm reading the official battlefield forum and seems like I'm not the only one who is having this save/loading stutter issue.

Everytime that spinning circle shows up, game fps freezes. Is that loading icon or save icon? Dunno

Orcus

Minor thing, but I think the final score board should include per player objective score, individual score (i.e. no squad or end of round bonus), and total score.

The Dude

I agree, but there are individual cases in each class where some weapons need some balancing. There are some weapons that just do not provide any reason to use them, unless you enjoy handicapping yourself. Each weapon should have some use, even if it's very situational. And there are still a couple of weapons that need a Nerf. LMGs/support is still the only class that need a little more love across the board; just a little, not a lot.

Yea I've about 600k score in support and I think a slight, nothing major, but a slight buff would be in order

Dice really shit the bed in optimizing this game on Xbox. I'm not even talking about framerate, but the sluggish menus, the loading times, just small shit like that should be running exponentially better. It takes a good, what, 8-10 minutes to get into a match from launch? It's glitching out like crazy right now for me as well, just a black screen with icons when I get into a match. 4 times in a row.

(and then I launch halo 5 and someone on chat is talking about hating black people, and then I realize both my controllers have developed significant analog stick issues)

It's been a stupid day.

Anyone else getting lots of unpopulated conquest servers on PS4? (UK)

It's Friday night and I only have 2 decently-full servers showing for 64-player conquest out of 100+ results. :/

Orcus

Dice really shit the bed in optimizing this game on Xbox. I'm not even talking about framerate, but the sluggish menus, the loading times, just small shit like that should be running exponentially better. It takes a good, what, 8-10 minutes to get into a match from launch? It's glitching out like crazy right now for me as well, just a black screen with icons when I get into a match. 4 times in a row.

(and then I launch halo 5 and someone on chat is talking about hating black people, and then I realize both my controllers have developed significant analog stick issues)

It's been a stupid day.

That sucks, hopefully you have a few awesome rounds to balance it out.

From posts here and on Reddit, the sluggish menus, long loading times, and most other UI and party issues seem to be a general game issue, and not a specific platform issue.

Currently online players

PC: 76,834 (24h peak: 82,675)

XBOXONE: 130,436 (24h peak: 130,436)

PS4: 203,886 (24h peak: 204,473)

Total: 411,156

Is this good for a month later? I think most of the holiday competitors are out now right?

I haven't had issues finding games to play yet, though I wish I could guarantee that I was getting a new Operations match instead of joining one in progress..

Currently online players

PC: 76,834 (24h peak: 82,675)

XBOXONE: 130,436 (24h peak: 130,436)

PS4: 203,886 (24h peak: 204,473)

Total: 411,156

Is this good for a month later? I think most of the holiday competitors are out now right?

I haven't had issues finding games to play yet, though I wish I could guarantee that I was getting a new Operations match instead of joining one in progress..

Those are some amazing numbers.

Lender

fRCPXTi.jpg

DweWh2f.jpg

The BAR telescopic is so goddamn good. I just mowed like 7 guys down in a row when they tried rushing the flag in Operations. I felt badass.

Lender

It's awesome indeed. I've been using it now for just 3h41m and managed to get 267 kills. The thing just rakes up the kills.

Got my SPM up to 801. Me happy! Onwards to 850.

Man, I wish the Seblaster (sp?) Marksman had a 2.0 zoom. The lowest is 2.5 and I feel like I have tunnel vision whenever I aim down sights, but the crosshairs look fantastic and the gun sounds beastly.

Also, I've only played two matches of Operations since the patch, but things seem heavily stacked in the Attackers favor. They get 200 (!) lives at the beginning of the match, receive an addition 50 (?) every time they capture a section, can capture points faster, have tanks, and even when all this fails, they still get TWO more tries, this time with Behemoths. If the attacking team has a behemoth (particularly a zeppelin) on the last point it's over. AA guns don't respawn and they can just park over the objective and rain hell.

The Dude

Did a little aggressive sniping, was pretty fun. Definitely will never be a sit on the hill kind of guy. But I could get into some aggressive sniping.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
haha getting a tank inside that building was both broken and the reason we won so hilarious....

War pigeons to finish the night. Stealth best mode with mates by far.

And yes - I consider the ukgaf Contingent mates

Ahh fuck, you guys played War Pigeons after I left? Dammit! #trenchlife

The crazy thing about DICE is that they're almost like a paradox: What they do in terms of the Frostbite engine is downright incredible. No engine that looks this good and has this much destruction has any right to perform as well as it does, yet somehow they pull it off every single time. Their audio is also godlike, every single time. And yet they also always, without fail, repeat the same amateurish mistakes game-in and game-out as though it's their very first rodeo.

Like not being able to chat between rounds because... well, who knows.

And not being able to properly quit between rounds, because... (see above).

And releasing a game in 2016 without any sort of customization outside of matches--something no respected triple-A developer would ever do.

And attempting to patch in that functionality, yet STILL managing fuck it up.

And even smaller things like deaths still being counted when your plane goes down during the Victory/Defeat screen. (How many times are they going to repeat this mistake? Are they just trolling us at this point? I'm pretty sure they are).

DICE simultaneously amazes and confounds me. No big developer is as talented and inept as they are.

Nailed it.

DICE can blow your mind over something you perceive to be so difficult to achieve (Graphics in a 64 man game and Sound design)

Then DICE can have you shaking your head in disbelief with their lack of ability to get basic things right, even after multiple attempts (Menus, customisation, lock ups)

Those crazy Swedes ;-)

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Did a little aggressive sniping, was pretty fun. Definitely will never be a sit on the hill kind of guy. But I could get into some aggressive sniping.

Yeah, the infantry version of the rifles are awesome and that Flare Gun is the bee's knees.

Never got all the love for silver and especially golden guns, for me they look stupid and out of place (and I absolutely hate it when games like Call of J Gunslinger force them down your throat), especially considering how BF1 tries to be darker and more serious. It's pretty sad that they make up like 80% of all the gun skins.

Thank god I absolutely hit the jackpot with the one Legendary skin I got out of Battlepacks so far, now THIS is an awesome skin (and also for one of my favorite weapons, yay!) ;-):

M1907-SL-The-Blue-Devil.jpg

Finally got Assault up to Rank 3 tonight so I could unlock the Model 10 Hunter before the inevitable nerf. It's not that much of an improvement on the Model 10 Factory, but you can definitely run in and clear out a room in short order. I spawned on a teammate surrounded by enemies and killed 5 guys (including a guy on horseback) in like 7 seconds (would've capped the point too if not for the dreadnought). That gun is insane.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Broke both 700 score per minute and 1.00 K/D ratios after two particularly awesome Operations matches. That's the only mode I play and lately I'm almost always top five players in score. I also love being squad leader and usually end up with most orders completed every game. Feels good to brag after my abysmal start with the game, getting savagely destroyed for what seemed like forever.

VariantX

Never got all the love for silver and especially golden guns, for me they look stupid and out of place (and I absolutely hate it when games like Call of J Gunslinger force them down your throat), especially considering how BF1 tries to be darker and more serious. It's pretty sad that they make up like 80% of all the gun skins.

Thank god I absolutely hit the jackpot with the one Legendary skin I got out of Battlepacks so far, now THIS is an awesome skin (and also for one of my favorite weapons, yay!) ;-):

M1907-SL-The-Blue-Devil.jpg

Finally got on board with this game a few days ago when it was $35 on amazon and the first thing I see is that there are some actual fucking awesome skins for weapons that are much more than just texture swaps it seems.

terrible

Banned
On the companion website it says my accuracy with the Model 10-A Hunter after 9 hours of use is 93.2.

That's not 93.2%, is it? That cannot be accurate (although I feel like I almost never miss with the damn thing)... right?

The game counts each pellet as a hit, so if 3 pellets hit after one shot your accuracy is 300% as far as the game is concerned. It will only show as 100% in-game though. The Model 10 has what, 20 pellets per shot? It's pretty hard not to have around 100% accuracy with it unless you're using slugs.

I checked the patch notes but couldn't see it, did they actually nerf the anti-tank mines? I have run up to tanks and dropped them at the tank and seems like it only counts 2 mines now
A few times the after death has shown the tank has only taken like 30 damage from 3 mines

Top Bottom