• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

In my opinion operations and conquest are both great game modes but they are different enough that they don't replace one another.

I play Operations when I'm in a twitchy mood and need a mode with constant action and more linear gameplay.

I play conquest when I'm in a more tactical mood when I want to make my own objectives and play in my own style of gameplay.

test_account

XP-39C²
Ugh, this medal. 5 explosive kills in one life, finding it pretty difficult.
Pick support class and ammo crate, then you can resupply yourself with grenades. Find a spot where enemies usually go and keep throwing grenades in that direction. Its not necessarily as easy as its sounds like though, but i think this is the best/easiest way to do it.

I think operations is shit post patch. Attacking is so OP it's insane

Extra 50 tickets
3 tickets per kill once sector taken
Less time to take flags
Less presence needed to overpower a flag
50 tickets back per sector take
AA not as effective
Games take twice as long so drop outs more likely

It went from defence being easier to "attacker wins"

Don't get me wrong - we managed to win both games we defended last night but it was such a slog.

War pigeons with friends is fucking hilarious. As long as you don't care about getting stats up its a blast

All other game modes are dog shit

JDB

Banned
I think getting more tickets back per sector would've been enough to balance it nicely. Not sure why they insisted on making about half a dozen changes that all favor the attackers. Definitely too much.

Kenstar

Have you heard the good news about an aggressive recon's Lord and Saviour St. 1895 Trench?

fell in love with it recently, makes aggressive recon shooting flares and staying on the point really nice, 2 shots a second, 80 damage up close, 1905 trench like hip fire, repent and find salvation!

Pick support class and ammo crate, then you can resupply yourself with grenades. Find a spot where enemies usually go and keep throwing grenades in that direction. Its not necessarily as easy as its sounds like though, but i think this is the best/easiest way to do it.

Tried that... Its possible of course but takes too long to get a nade again and you just end up getting killed.

Rush mode playing assault with anti tank nades and Dynamite. That's six explosives you have. Just place Dynamite on the mcoms and wait.

If you choose the same spot as me you get good view and nade access to both mcoms heightening your chances very much.

test_account

XP-39C²
Tried that... Its possible of course but takes too long to get a nade again and you just end up getting killed.

Rush mode playing assault with anti tank nades and Dynamite. That's six explosives you have. Just place Dynamite on the mcoms and wait.

If you choose the same spot as me you get good view and nade access to both mcoms heightening your chances very much.
I think it takes about 20 second or so to get a new nade, so its not really that long. Could be long enough to get you killed though, that is true. Its best to do it in areas were the enemy cant really flank you, and where you dont really have to expose yourself too much before thrown a grenade.

Extra 50 tickets
Less time to take flags
AA not as effective

Don't get me wrong - we managed to win both games we defended last night but it was such a slog.

War pigeons with friends is fucking hilarious. As long as you don't care about getting stats up its a blast

I dunno, I just won an operation on defense without a premade group. Conquest is the best mode though.

Agent

Just finished off Rank 10 Support to get Rank 10 weapons across all classes (Minus Tanker/Pilot...they are next). I do need to get 2 quick levels on Scout as I unlocked the Martini-Henry before the rank adjustment patch. Either way, feels good to be able to play almost any gun or class now.

Extra 50 tickets
Less time to take flags
AA not as effective

Lol it was just "easier," please, if the defending team was anything above brain dead it was damn near impossible for them to lose. They gave the attackers a fighting chance and even then I haven't seen an attacking team win an entire operation since the update. If you don't want a long match then don't play the longest mode in the game.

Ive been playing a little bit of BF4 to unlock the 1911 skin, and I have to say that the movement in that game is so sluggish compared to BF1

Also, it feels like it takes hours to ADS, especially with pistols

Going back I really feel that BF1 is a big step forward for the series

This mission is still ongoing?

I fired an AT rocket at a tank. The shot glanced off and there was a pop-up hint that tried explaining this feature, but I was killed before I could read it. What is it and how can I avoid this in the future?

Theorry

Lol. Was just talking to my buddy that we killed so many planes already when shooting them out of the sky with the tank. And none of us got shot out of the sky yet when we are flying a plane. Even tho we are quite reckless with low flyovers. And offcourse next match i was flying really high even doing a looping and a tanker makes the impossible shot and shoots me down. Karma haha.

I fired an AT rocket at a tank. The shot glanced off and there was a pop-up hint that tried explaining this feature, but I was killed before I could read it. What is it and how can I avoid this in the future?

I never saw that notification but physically, try to shoot so that the the rocket trajectory is perpendicular to the contact surface. The less of an acute angle the better.

I don't know how realistic the detection is in game though, haha.

Ugh, this medal. 5 explosive kills in one life, finding it pretty difficult.

I was stressing on that one and ran into a squad spawning on each other below me. Tossed in dynamite and wiped them, leaving me with 1 extra guy. Immediately after that I trade kills with the 5th and a medic revived me so it didn't count as a death for me haha

There's a ricochet system. If you don't hit square on, it bounces off

Xyber

Imo, it's not. I actually prefer the Automatico over the level 10 weapon.

It all comes down to how you play and how you like the feel of the weapon.

I fucking hate the Automatico for anything that isn't withing 5 meters of me. Even if it shoots slower, the MP 18 trench is just so much nicer to use than Automatico if you are going hipfire IMO.

Hellriegel does not have very good hipfire, but the large magazine size makes up for that. You do have to find more ammo very often though.

The Dude

I sometimes don't understand people in this game...

At the beginning of a new round I take a tank for the lulz and quite often get around 25 or more kills until someone decides to kill me...
Most enemies don't seem to care about a tank rolling towards them, die, respawn and just do what they did before..

Yea, sounds fun. I still claim there are servers where either old people or 2 year old play because this type of stuff never happens for me. I get in a tank and the whole fucking team will make sure I'm out in decent time. Not saying I haven't racked kills in a tank, but I kill some, die, respawn back in one and kill more then die. I can go a bit but it all depends on the battles, there are plenty of battles in operations where people know exactly what they are doing.

It's just when I see these posts it makes no sense because typically when I'm in a tank I have another tank on me in seconds, or a team of assault tryin to take me down..

And when I typically see posts like this, it sounds like folks like you never hop in a tank and go a few mins without someone killing you, 25 to 30 kills before someone decides to kill you each and every match? Because if it's once in a few matches sure, been there.. But not every match. I mean there are times when Yea someone

I'm just sayin, I don't see how this stuff happens consistently unless there are servers where it's like the worst players in the world congregate.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Btw are points and stats earned between operations levels counted? It'd be stupid if they weren't, so why isn't the final score cumulative?

Is the level 10 assault weapon better than the Hunter shotgun?

I switch between the two. I have like 850 kills with the Hellriegel and 400 with the Hunter. The Hunter is the better weapon, but Hellriegel is also damn good. If the Hunter wasn't so op everyone would just use the Hellriegel.

Extra 50 tickets
Less time to take flags
AA not as effective

It might favor the attackers if you have a good team, but I can vouch that on a pub full of randoms, even with the extra tickets attackers can get rolled. We had one wave left, 150 tickets and the armored train attacking on Argonne, and the moron who spawned in the train parked it 100 meters away from A and let it get blasted to shit. Then my team ran around like chickens with their heads cut off instead of coordinating on either point. And every single medic went with loadouts without healthpacks or syringes, so we were bleeding tickets like crazy. And twice previously we capped sectors with less than 50 tickets remaining, so we would have lost even quicker under the previous rules. I can appreciate that you always win because you pubstomp with your buddies, but for regular pubs with a bunch of know-nothing jackasses? It makes it at least a little more fair.

That said, the prior map we won attacking without losing a single sector and never dipping below 80 tickets or so, so sometimes it is just blatantly one-sided. It really depends on the team. Would be nice if they had an option to change Operations ticket count server-side, but I think those are all done through Dice servers, yeah?

For this set of medals, last one I gotta get is 2 multi-kills and get 20 kills in a round. Probably the easiest medal that I left till last :L

terrible

Banned
What's the best Level 2 support weapon? This is my least favourite class. Any tips?

The Madsen Storm might be what you're looking for but make sure you put AA sights on. The magazine blocking your vision is annoying though. Technically it's a level 1 gun.

daxy

Could someone explain the ticket system in Conquest and Operations? I've been trying to find info on what you do to gain tickets (or lose them?), and it doesn't seem to be clearly explained anywhere?

Lender

BXUso7d.jpg

I didn't even notice when playing it due the mayhem that was the last sector we had to defend. Damn that went insanely fast....

Also got a new record in terms of kills in one match. :D

1gz50tz.jpg

BXUso7d.jpg

I didn't even notice when playing it due the mayhem that was the last sector we had to defend. Damn that went insanely fast....

Also got a new record in terms of kills in one match. :D

1gz50tz.jpg

Nice, the Huot is kind of crap though. It's like the BAR, but worse. Unless you already unlocked it before, so you already know it's bad, lol.

terrible

Banned
Where do you have the option for the sights? I didn't see it in the customize menu.

It's the top option I think. Are you trying to customize while playing an actual game or doing it from the main menu? The companion app and main menu customization options seem glitchy.

Nice, the Huot is kind of crap though. It's like the BAR, but worse. Unless you already unlocked it before, so you already know it's bad, lol.

What the heck is up with the AA sights on that gun too. I can't see crap all, the irons are better lol. It shoots too slow to be viable but the sights could at least be better.

Top Bottom