• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Having a hard time with this game on PS4. Level 24 and still doing awful. It sucks to go from TF2 where I'm consistently in the top two spots of my time to this, where I'm always near the bottom. Any recommendations on soldier look speed and zoom settings? And a couple good, accurate medium range rifles?

Solder Stick Sensitivity is ~38 ish (don't remember for sure)
Solider Zoom Sensitivity is ~82 ish (don't remember for sure)
Uniform Solider Aiming is on.

Try the Mondragon or Selbstlander M1916.

This game went from surely being my most played MP game to not even turning it on in the past couple of weeks. I enjoy the shift in direction and the game doesnt necessarily have any clear flaws that pushed me away, its just not...as fun as other BF games. I have been playing TF2 and its just a much more satisfying shooter IMO. I keep trying to go back to BF1 cause I bought two copies (digital so im stuck) but it just feels like a slog.

Bro, 1 digital purchase would allow you both to play. I have 2 ps4's as well, so I always buy multiplayer games digital.

This game went from surely being my most played MP game to not even turning it on in the past couple of weeks. I enjoy the shift in direction and the game doesnt necessarily have any clear flaws that pushed me away, its just not...as fun as other BF games. I have been playing TF2 and its just a much more satisfying shooter IMO. I keep trying to go back to BF1 cause I bought two copies (digital so im stuck) but it just feels like a slog.

I'm in about the same boat. Still like the game and have a lot of fun playing it but its not like other battlefields. It's a lot more serious and less of a playground. I still play but it's much easier to turn on Titanfall, as that is much more pick up and play and fits my current preference.

DeaDPo0L84

Bro, 1 digital purchase would allow you both to play. I have 2 ps4's as well, so I always buy multiplayer games digital.

I discovered this about a week or two after making the pre-purchase through the store. I have always been a physical disc only kinda guy but finally one of my friends when he heard I bought 2 copies digital through the store made me aware of this. Needless to say im all in on digital now.

ronco2000

Having a hard time with this game on PS4. Level 24 and still doing awful. It sucks to go from TF2 where I'm consistently in the top two spots on my team to this, where I'm always near the bottom. Any recommendations on soldier look speed and zoom settings? And a couple good, accurate medium range rifles?

Use the M8 and hip fire. Thank me later.

The Flash

Banned
Just had the best game of Operations I've played so far. Not a single battalion lost and was in the top five in the leaderboard. North-Eastern France now belongs to the German Empire.

Nameless

vmdiWLY.gif

Fucking Suez. Probably time to add it to the instaquit list next to Fao.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
its just not...as fun as other BF games.

With you on that. I think it's the Battlefront-y design decisions that really sour me (along with the OP as hell tanks that don't do anything but sit in spawn and fire on people because the anti-tank options don't have range beyond 4 rockets and praying they get resupplied). DICE-LA have indicated they have no intention of trying to fix some of that (read: tanks) and the amount of shotguns have raised over the weeks to where I can't get around without getting instantly killed that I haven't touched the game in a few days. It's "whatever" to me.

But to be fair, these issues were there from the beta. I only bought it for Calion. I was gonna wait for the Premium edition in like six months and save money. But at this point I pretty much play to try to get my moneys worth. :/ I'd rather have a Battlefield 5 in modern times with no Battlefront infections at this point.

0racle

Gaffers,

I am trying to wrap up some trophies online and I cant seem to level the assault class, any tips? why does it take FOREVER ?

also I ONLY play operations. Is there a mode that levels faster?

and in regards to maps, if I played all the maps in operations, does that mean I have seen all the maps in the game? or are there more for different modes?

Gaffers,

I am trying to wrap up some trophies online and I cant seem to level the assault class, any tips? why does it take FOREVER ?

also I ONLY play operations. Is there a mode that levels faster?

and in regards to maps, if I played all the maps in operations, does that mean I have seen all the maps in the game? or are there more for different modes?

Use the Model 10A Hunter or Automatico, be an assault when you get in any behemoths, when you are on AA guns, Field guns, etc trying to destroy any behemoths, PTFO and destroy tanks are the only thing I can suggest.

Yes those are all the 9 maps as of now with a free map coming in December. All the maps are supported on all the game modes.

nelchaar

Threw a gas grenade at a tank parked in the tunnel capturing point C in Monte Grappa conquest.

Tank passengers and driver panicked, jumped out, killed them all. Stole tank.

I don't think I will ever outdo this play. Time to retire.

Did they increase the drop rate for battle packs? I feel like ive gotten 10+ this weekend.

I feel the same way. I went days without getting a battlepack and now I'm getting them every other round. I actually joined a game earlier and connected RIGHT as the map switched (didn't even have a chance to try to join a squad, it just went straight to the summary). I jokingly thought "I'll probably get a battlepack for this one." And then I did. Like, what the hell, I was connected for literally zero seconds of playtime. Come on now. That's just ridiculous.

Of course, I haven't come across a single skin for a gun I ever use, so I've just been scrapping all of them. I couldn't care less about weapon skins. Battlepacks are wasted on me.

Does the sword swing automatically? Only used horse once and felt clueless about how it worked when I did.

You swing your sword with R2/RT. Swap between rifle and sword with Triangle/Y.

The amount of time I've been wasting trying to melee with the sword using R3....

On an unrelated note - just because I haven't posted in a few days. Any PS4 players wanting to join the community just add Luvs_2_Squidge as a friend.

We've got over 60 in a group chat and nearly 150 on the official community page. Big gaf vs gaf game set up for Saturday 26th November at 22:00.

Lemnisc8

Add luvs_2_squidge as a friend mate. We run games every night. I can add you to group chat or our community. Nearing 150 members.

I don't post much here anymore because I find the general tone against ukps4gaf is negative for anyone not part of it. Salty grapes or whatever but yeah if anyone wants to join just add me up. We've got a great community going.

53-5 win loss but that's apparently deliberately stat padding or pub stomping rather than just playing with other gaffers and enjoying what a great game this is.

We've got an event planned for Saturday 26th. An all out gaf vs gaf war.

Seems to me like everyone else had dropped it, so I don't understand why you're bringing it up again. I don't have a problem with any of you and would join if I wasn't on Xbox one, but even I have to admit it's time to just drop it now, everyone who wanted to say their piece has done, no need to make any further remarks eh?

Seems to me like everyone else had dropped it, so I don't understand why you're bringing it up again. I don't have a problem with any of you and would join if I wasn't on Xbox one, but even I have to admit it's time to just drop it now, everyone who wanted to say their piece has done, no need to make any further remarks eh?

I've seen a few posts referring to it since the whole drama unfolded so I think I was warranted in what I said last night.

No response since though so I now consider the issue dropped.

Crumpo

Man, fuck the model 10 shotgun. I should not be one-shotted at mid-range.

Battlepack drops seem to be more frequent; I got three yesterday evening alone.

Dommo

I'm having a great time with Operations, but goddamn I'm having the worst time actually trying to get into maps. Is anyone else running into empty servers like 40% of the time when they go into Operations? I'm not sure if this is a bug or there actually aren't enough people playing (or all the servers are full).

This wouldn't be too big of a problem if I could actually see that the server is empty before I go into the game, but you have to sit through loading and cinematics every single time. So I sit and wait upwards of 90 seconds nervously waiting to see if I'll be able to play or not. It can sometimes take about 5 minutes to actually get into a packed server. And you have to choose the operation first. Like, sure I've got my preferred operations, but if it's a choice between a full server on Suez vs an empty server in St Quentin, I'd obviously like to play the full game, so just... put me in that. But no, I have to trial and error my way to finding a game with actual people in it. How is there no server browser for this game mode? I don't understand.

No problem here really. Sometimes i join a empty server but then it fills up in a minute.

Same. UKps4gaf has entered a server once to find it empty and NOT filling.

We all quit and got thrown into a server that was filling. As I say we've played nearly 60 games and had this happen only once.

Top Bottom