• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Mahonay

Banned
I went 79-0 on Monte Grappa in a heavy simply protecting and capping B and D. Those flags are so damn crucial.
giphy.gif

I've got 25 for the Model 10 and even I feel a bit dirty with that
Lol yeah that's pretty nuts. The most I have is 29 service stars for the Hellriegel.

Smilax

Dat moment when you spawn as a passenger /gunner in a vehicle and it gets blown up the SECOND after you jumped in.

Oooh that happens to me way to often, which is why i just I spawn at a point or on a squad mate. No more free rides for me.

I really like the Automatico gun for Assault and I don't know if its because I have the Royal Order skin or because it fires fast lol

Nyx

Man I love this edition.

After several years of being ridiculed by my friends about my KD ratio, this year I'm the one laughing cause my score per minute is higher than all of theirs.

It never gets old hearing a friend complain about me being highest on the score sheet with the worst KD ratio. Thanks DICE!

Surfinn

Man I love this edition.

After several years of being ridiculed by my friends about my KD ratio, this year I'm the one laughing cause my score per minute is higher than all of theirs.

It never gets old hearing a friend complain about me being highest on the score sheet with the worst KD ratio. Thanks DICE!
Yup always proud to see that one dude who got a top score being 500 or less or because he was more worried about helping his team than padding his KD.

belvedere

Junior Butler
Yup always proud to see that one dude who got a top score being 500 or less or because he was more worried about helping his team than padding his KD.

Did they reduce the points per capture, btw? In the beta it was easy to see who was stat-padding and who was contributing as KDR wouldn't keep you in the top 3, but PTFO would.

Surfinn

Believe it or not, some people get a good KD and capture every objective.

It's not mutually exclusive, this.
I think you missed my point dude. Not everybody is that great at killing but the difference between not being great at killing and proning on a mountaintop/playing the objective is pretty huge. I commend people that help their team just by showing up and pushing flags.

Never said you can't do both lol.

Did they reduce the points per capture, btw? In the beta it was easy to see who was stat-padding and who was contributing as KDR wouldn't keep you in the top 3, but PTFO would.
Seems like you can still get to the top of the score board just by simply killing. I see dudes tank camping a lot still and simply because they picked off infantry all game they're awarded a high score. I think this should be discouraged. Those guys look better than they are because they're killing people who keep spawning on their squad instead of showing up on the flag and removing the threat. Doesn't matter how many kills you get if the other team holds every objective.

I'm not actually sure how much it's changed from the beta though.

Curious, when does the first piece of DLC actually come out? Also, do you guys think Origin will have the Season Pass on sale for Black Friday/Cyber Monday?

Lender

Is the game more prone to DC'ing you when you join a friend's session on Origin? because it really is annoying. Just joined a buddy that was playing an operation. Not 10 seconds later the entire world just stops moving and it throws me saying I lost connection to the server.

CaptNink

So what's a good, non-shotgun weapon for the Assault class?

Nothing against them, but the last video game shotgun I actually enjoyed was in DOOM (the original; not the remake.)

owlbeak

Nothing against them, but the last video game shotgun I actually enjoyed was in DOOM (the original; not the remake.)

MP-18 or the Automatico are both excellent. MP-18 has a little more range and larger clip, but the Automatico shreds anything in close-mid range, and does it quickly due to extremely high ROF. Downsize is the small mag size and range.

I thought all 4 shotguns in BLOPS2 were good. It was the first weapon type I diamonded.

The guns don't take that long to unlock though, just try each one out and decide for yourself. The automatico is good for close encounters, the Hellreigel is a good all rounder, the MP is good at range.

Yeah it's crazy with some players. Saw a rank 70 something with 100 service stars on the automatico storm.

Holy crap.

Is there a limit to service stars?

I'm level 70 and my highest is 13 stars for the artillery truck. I've been spreading around my kills too much I guess..

Can someone add me to a NeoGAF-North America PSN chat/community because I got invited to a the UK one, which is fine, but the time zones don't sync up and I have to play on those servers with them. Or do I have to make one???

CaptNink

MP-18 or the Automatico are both excellent. MP-18 has a little more range and larger clip, but the Automatico shreds anything in close-mid range, and does it quickly due to extremely high ROF. Downsize is the small mag size and range.

Hellriegel all you need.

The guns don't take that long to unlock though, just try each one out and decide for yourself. The automatico is good for close encounters, the Hellreigel is a good all rounder, the MP is good at range.

Thanks for the help! Mmmmmm....I like the look of the Hellreigel. Going to take me some time to work up to it - I'm only rank 2 Assault right now.

Thanks for the help! Mmmmmm....I like the look of the Hellreigel. Going to take me some time to work up to it - I'm only rank 2 Assault right now.
Automatico absolutely shreds. It has severe recoil but once you tame it, you'll melt enemies. I can even kill from mid to long range with it. Hellreigel is incredibly strong as well.

Kal

Played the most insane game of war pigeons on Suez. Went on for almost thirty minutes!!! Started with the Model 10-A Hunter and decided to give the BAR M1918 Trench another go half way through - it's a really good gun! Don't know why I hated it first time around. Ended up with 53 kills and a top score of over 11000 :) I'm chuffed lol.

Hoping to join the UKGAF PS4 community for some games later this week!

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
Have the load times on this game been discussed?

They're absolutely fucking insane. Beyond what is acceptable and no one seems to be saying anything.

The Dude

I wish theyd remove tdm from counting towards SPM, I enjoy the mode but you can't really build any type of monster score.

I also wish they'd have a dogfighting mode

Zousi

I'm not really feeling Hellreigel. You run out of bullets with that one sooo quickly. Automatico variants can stay as my primary picks for assault.

Marc

That was a ridiculous TeamGAF PS4 evening.

Every point taken before they knew what hit them, I've waited in line longer for a Gary Glitter concert.
jokes!

Every point taken before they knew what hit them, I've waited in line longer for a Gary Glitter concert.
jokes!

On Monte Grappe the worst guy in our entire team had more points than the top guy of the enemy team. Ridiculous lol

jokes!

On Monte Grappe the worst guy in our entire team had more points than the top guy of the enemy team. Ridiculous lol

Yeah man absolute destruction. 8 minutes to take the entire first map on iron walls.... random or not that is a fucking achievement haha. We absolutely destroyed them....

11 wins in a row. The streak is back on you naysayers!

Funniest gif I've ever seen hahahah

Firebrand

Holy crap.

Is there a limit to service stars?

I'm level 70 and my highest is 13 stars for the artillery truck. I've been spreading around my kills too much I guess..

I'm level 52 and my highest service star count is 5 with bomber, hah. Don't think I have 2 stars on a single infantry weapon. My stats weren't saved the first couple of weeks due to the 770 crash bug though, not sure if overall level was. My KDR is >1 at least, so I've got that going for me which is nice.

terrible

Banned

Did he make it?

I just had 63 kills will using the MG 15 Low Weight on Amiens Conquest...I still dislike LMG's for the most part in this game, but shit was going downnnnnn.

http://xboxclips.com/ShadowsFell/6ae8d99a-ef6a-43f5-bfe0-8d66a1147472

I panic after the first revolver kill trying to prioritize one of the three dudes I turned around and saw, fortunately it appeared only one saw me, maybe. Haha

No better gun in the game for killin' enemies with their back to you lol. I don't mean that in a bad way, just that the massive ammo count always you to take out huge groups if they aren't paying attention.

The Dude

What is the main difference with the low weight as opposed to storm? I use the storm model when I'm support and have enjoyed it. Curious what the main difference is tho with low weight in comparison

Top Bottom