• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

This looks like a prop for one of the Naked Gun movies. Is the in-game model of the Tank Gewehr that big in BF1? It looks a lot smaller iirc.

mqdefault.jpg

Only image I can find of someone using one (not from 1st person view)

From my experience you can tell they've got the tankgewehr by the sound of it but also when you are close enough you can see the extended length.

Unfortunately because people tend to camp miles away it's impossible to know until you've been rogered by it most of the time

Hjod

Banned
It's a shame he doesn't actually fire it.

I saw a video of him reviewing the game itself too. That's worth a watch.

I got you covered breh.

https://youtu.be/wvJbIkuZIro

This looks like a prop for one of the Naked Gun movies. Is the in-game model of the Tank Gewehr that big in BF1? It looks a lot smaller iirc.

Yeah I think it's a bit smaller, but the load/reload and firing sounds just like real life, that sound design.

JDB

Banned
Did they increase the drop rate for battle packs? I feel like ive gotten 10+ this weekend.

Man, fuck the model 10 shotgun. I should not be one-shotted at mid-range.

Battlepack drops seem to be more frequent; I got three yesterday evening alone.
It gives out a set amount of battlepacks depending on the max amount of players that can be in that specific game mode. Don't know the exact numbers but it's something like 4 in TDM/DOM, 6 in 40 player Op, 10 64 player Op/CQ, etc. That hasn't changed.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
My mornin' experience with the Medal System:
"My Shotgun medal progress is gone, cool beans"
* Sees War Pigeon Medal *
Gonna play some War Pigeons!
* Load War Pigeon game, the medal is gone *
Oh, ok ill play some Conquest to do progress on my Conquest Medal.
* Load Conquest game, the medal is gone *

For real, the system is hella broken. The patch did nothing. :(
At least i unlocked the Model 10 Hunter lol

For real, the system is hella broken. The patch did nothing. :(
At least i unlocked the Model 10 Hunter lol

dac74Al.gif

One of us

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

Whatever the newest one is will generally show up on load. If you're tracking one, you should be fine. But yeah, the medal system isn't fixed and honestly: I wish they'd scrap the RNG weekly system. It's shit.

Pandahammer

Neo Member
Things I hope for in future patches:

1- fix the medal system (seriously, how hard can this be?)

2- go back to how the game looked and ran pre the latest patch

3- give us an option to "lock in" any medal you're working towards so progress carries over and doesn't get reset when your like 1 requirement away from completing it.

4- every option you choose in the game has a "are you sure yes / no" prompt.... except switch team!! For the love of god why????

5- stop resetting my load outs!!!!!!

6- add some more..... stuff. Unlocks. Skins. Costumes. Dog tags. Guns. Anything! March is such a long time to wait for new content (other than giants shadow)

Things I hope for in future patches:

1- fix the medal system (seriously, how hard can this be?)

2- go back to how the game looked and ran pre the latest patch

3- give us an option to "lock in" any medal you're working towards so progress carries over and doesn't get reset when your like 1 requirement away from completing it.

4- every option you choose in the game has a "are you sure yes / no" prompt.... except switch team!! For the love of god why????

5- stop resetting my load outs!!!!!!

6- add some more..... stuff. Unlocks. Skins. Costumes. Dog tags. Guns. Anything! March is such a long time to wait for new content (other than giants shadow)

My hopes

1. Don't nerf the Model 10 (tee hee)
2. Fix the attacking OP in operations - too many tickets back per attack is a no....
3. Reduce the damage from distance on the MP18
4. Reduce hip fire accuracy on MARS pistol
5. More maps

Then I'm all good

JDB

Banned
I don't think the damage or range of the 10-A is that bad honestly. Just shoots way too fast. Increase the time between shots and I think it'll be fine. That way people have to make their shots count.

Pandahammer

Neo Member
I don't think the damage or range of the 10-A is that bad honestly. Just shoots way too fast. Increase the time between shots and I think it'll be fine. That way people have to make their shots count.
This is crazy, you have to make the shots count now! Miss the first one and you usually get owned.

Hopefully dice just go off the data and not the overreactions on forums.

This is crazy, you have to make the shots count now! Miss the first one and you usually get owned.

Hopefully dice just go off the data and not the overreactions on forums.

That's the good thing. The model 10 isn't actually that overused in the games from what I read. It's comparable with other guns.

If DICE go by usage.... it's safe

The shotguns are becoming snipers with every patch released!

I do agree it has better damage at range than pre-patch but I disagree that it's got longer range. The amount of hit marker's you get at mid-range is mental. It's only OHKO if they are hurt already.

It shoots crazy fast for a pump-action shotgun if you ask me.

If you listen, there is enough time for a 'chuh-chuh' in between shots so it's not too bad.

That simple, eh?

Might give the tank a go...

What's the best tank to learn in?

Movement wise it's best to learn in the light tank just because it's less cumbersome.

I'd recommend the heavy tank when you are acclimated to it. It's the best option. The landship is useless while the heavy tank is like it is.

Also - buy the specialization with war bonds based on the type of tank you want.

I'm fucking shit in tanks. Always get blasted. Speak to Redders mate. He's a beast in them.

JDB

Banned
Light Tank all the way. I hate not being able to look around all the way without turning my tank in the other ones. Too bad it gets shot to pieces in no time.

Light Tank all the way. I hate not being able to look around all the way without turning my tank in the other ones. Too bad it gets shot to pieces in no time.

Alot of people do recommend the Light Tank. Especially for sniping with it. You can kill infantry easily on Fao Fortress for example just by camping on the hilltop. The enemy struggle to get close.

Another tactic is just constantly keep moving. As JDB said - The Light tank is weak as hell and goes down in 2 dynamite and an anti-tank.

Tubie

The amount of time I've been wasting trying to melee with the sword using R3....

On an unrelated note - just because I haven't posted in a few days. Any PS4 players wanting to join the community just add Luvs_2_Squidge as a friend.

We've got over 60 in a group chat and nearly 150 on the official community page. Big gaf vs gaf game set up for Saturday 26th November at 22:00.

I haven't been able to play much since launch, but this sounds like a lot of fun. I have more time to play now so hopefully I can join you guys sometime soon.

And it looks like I already have you as a friend and I'm in the community! I must've joined when the game came out.

PSN is: tubiedos

I haven't been able to play much since launch, but this sounds like a lot of fun. I have more time to play now so hopefully I can join you guys sometime soon.

And it looks like I already have you as a friend and I'm in the community! I must've joined when the game came out.

PSN is: tubiedos

I don't recognise the name mate,
Do me a favour and send me a message and I'll add you to the group chat.

22:00 every night we go on. First party fills fast. Its hit or miss about whether someone raises a second party but we always recommend it. Failing that you can always 'join in session'. There's just a chance you'll get thrown in opponents team haha.

Normally you can switch over to ours fairly quickly anyway

0racle

Im going for single player trophies now. Do I need to compete the entire mission when I do a challange/find field manuals? do the challenges pop up right away that I completed it while I play?

Man, I've said it a few times now. The fog in this game is too much. It's really off putting.

Also, has anyone noticed they have taken the satisfying little tick sound you get each time you hit someone? The headshot sound is still there, but the hit marker sound isn't.

Surfinn

I'd use it if it weren't for its squishiness. You meet a land ship or heavy you better run your little ass off.

Theorry

People who use a Light Tank, Landship or AT over a Heavy Tank all should be kicked from the game. Yeah i said it. :D

The best ones are the people who jump in a AT to shoot from a distance when attacking on Operations..

People who use a Light Tank, Landship or AT over a Heavy Tank all should be kicked from the game. Yeah i said it. :D

The best ones are the people who jump in a AT to shoot from a distance when attacking on Operations..

I hate tank snipers. I will run my ass into enemy territory over and over and over to flush out a tank sniper. I might end the game with even KDR but at least I've done my job haha

Mahonay

Banned
Heavy Tank seems to be where it's at, especially if you have a Support player repairing you and squadmates communicating. I went 59-0 in one a couple days ago.

That simple, eh?

Might give the tank a go...

What's the best tank to learn in?

I'm a gnats chuff hair away from my 8th service star in the heavy tank and I'm level 7 as a tanker class. The best way to learn is play the first level in the campaign a couple of times and practice in Big Bertha or whatever she's called. Use the main cannon and aim at soldier's feet to get the splash, but if they are behind cover, switch to the buckshot shells to pick them off when they poke their head over. Buy the flame tank variant and hope you get passengers who are handy with the flame throwers. Always use chase camera (3rd person view) unless you are sniping from afar, and then switch back when you're reloading so you can keep an eye for assaults running up with dynamite. If someone gets close, use the gas grenade to buy a couple of seconds and try to run them over. Reload every 2 or 3 shots so you don't get caught with your pants down and unable to defend yourself. Ram buildings if you suspect people are hiding in there, or shoot the roof in on snipers. If your team is having difficulty capping a point, park up near the point next to cover and act a spawn point to keep the pressure up. Spotting enemies is easier in the tank as the field of view they have to be in to spot is huge, you can mark a group of snipers on a hill in one spot. Try and avoid open spaces or anywhere you can't run to for cover in case you get coordinated assaults with the rocket launchers. If you get into a duel with another tank, keep your emergency repair in case he scores a side hit and disables your track. Oh, and don't use the breakthrough tank.

I avoid the land ship unless I have people I know are good to be side gunners, the driver's gun is useless against other tanks and you can't stick and move by switching seats.

Artillery truck is pretty crap unless you get the AA variant and use it when the other team has a blimp.

I only ever use a light tank if someone bails out of theirs and I am a support with a repair tool.

I hate tank snipers. I will run my ass into enemy territory over and over and over to flush out a tank sniper. I might end the game with even KDR but at least I've done my job haha

Preach! They get crazy high scores sitting all the way in their spawn. On a side note, I still haven't played with UKGaf since the party chat fills in like 5 seconds lol

Mahonay

Banned
The heavy tank is better than the light tank?

El Oh El
I'd say about 90 percent of the time I win against light tanks when I'm in a heavy tank. But I also barely ever use light tanks myself.

Also as an Assualt player it's a lot easier to blow up a light tank by yourself.

Something really strange happened during a match today.
There was something like a invisible force in an area, killing everyone who steps into the zone. Even tanks and planes! Happened near a capture point in conquest.
It also happened again later, on a different map.
When you died, it didn't told you what you died from.

I have much more lags and other connection related problems in general, since the latest patch. It still runs good, but i never had problems like these, pre patch.

Mahonay

Banned
Preach! They get crazy high scores sitting all the way in their spawn. On a side note, I still haven't played with UKGaf since the party chat fills in like 5 seconds lol
Nothing drives me crazier than seeing one of your tanks just sitting back in the spawn and trying to snipe, while the rest of the team is getting their aas kicked by the enemy tanks actually playing the objectives.

Theorry

Nothing drives me crazier than seeing one of your tanks just sitting back in the spawn and trying to snipe, while the rest of the team is getting their aas kicked by the enemy tanks actually playing the objectives.

But they go 15-0 so they must be doing "something good".
Still lost the Operation tho. Hate those guys lol.
The tank is not all about killing. Its also about moral really. If you push up with the tank. Teammates are more likely to push also. Same against the enemy team. Medics already say. "fuck that i am out"

I'd say about 90 percent of the time I win against light tanks when I'm in a heavy tank. But I also barely ever use light tanks myself.

Also as an Assualt player it's a lot easier to blow up a light tank by yourself.

I can vouch for this ^ It really is. The only downside is you need to keep running around the light tank because it can rotate.

Yeah man people pounce on that shit.
It's a shame people aren't always brave enough to open a second party haha. All you gotta do is go into the community and make a party 'for the community' then just drop a message on the group chat saying that you've done it and other gaffers can join. Sometimes I've seen enough people online for three parties.

As I say, you can always 'join in session' and switch to our team if it drops you with the enemies.

Mahonay

Banned
But they go 15-0 so they must be doing "something good".
Still lost the Operation tho. Hate those guys lol.
The tank is not all about killing. Its also about moral really. If you push up with the tank. Teammates are more likely to push also. Same against the enemy team. Medics already say. "fuck that i am out"
You get way more fucking kills in the tank by actually going to the objectives anyway.

Surfinn

Yup those guys ruin their team too. Not capping flags in a tank or eventually moving in on the objective can be the difference between getting your team a win or not. I gladly flank them for the kill. I think I'm at 46 service stars in the heavy tank.

Surfinn

Unfortunately I'd say this is not always correct. Tank snipers can roll 100 kills in a game sometimes and I've never seen a roaming tank get anywhere near that close.
I went 79-0 on Monte Grappa in a heavy simply protecting and capping B and D. Those flags are so damn crucial.

Yup those guys ruin their team too. Not capping flags in a tank or eventually moving in on the objective can be the difference between getting your team a win or not. I gladly flank then for the kill. I think I'm at 46 service stars in the heavy tank.

I went 79-0 on Monte Grappa in a heavy simply protecting and capping B and D.

giphy.gif

I've got 25 for the Model 10 and even I feel a bit dirty with that

Will you guys judge me if I rent a server only for the sole purpose of kicking terrible snipers and banning them?

You go right ahead, conscience clear!

WTF, I've never witnessed anything like that.

That sounds cathartic to me.

UKps4Gaf will back me up. Last night on Iron Walls there were TWO, I repeat, TWO tanks that had over 100 kills....

Mahonay

Banned
UKps4Gaf will back me up. Last night on Iron Walls there were TWO, I repeat, TWO tanks that had over 100 kills....
Ah ok, yeah I barely ever play Operations. I'm rolling in Conquest 99 percent of the time. Stuff like that shit happening made me hate Operations, even if it seems like a great mode.

Top Bottom