• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Can't be from behind as I got killed from the front with full health. I just don't get it, it seems so random to me

It wasn't an instant kill then, no melee weapon is a one hit kill from the front. They all vary in speed and damage. You may have been shot before they got in their hit.

Alpende

It wasn't an instant kill then, no melee weapon is a one hit kill from the front. They all vary in speed and damage. You may have been shot before they got in their hit.

Maybe, it's still frustrating when it seems it doesn't work like I think it's supposed to :p.

The Beard

Can't be from behind as I got killed from the front with full health. I just don't get it, it seems so random to me

The melee system is so shitty. It seems totally random to me as well. I've snuck up behind standing enemies and I end up just smacking them in the back of the head instead of the insta-kill I was expecting. They turn around with their shotgun or automatico and kill me. It's bullshit.

Acinixys

Can someone explain to me why I can't insta kill a dude with melee while I can get insta killed with melee?

Im more annoyed by the instant teleport kills you can get by mashing the melee key

Its happened a few times where an enemy runs past me, is like 2 - 3 meters away, i press melee and i teleport behind them and kill them

Must be a netcode/lag issue

fritolay

The less guns the better I say.

I am big fan of having guns tied to roles that serve a particular focus in combat.

I agree. It is nice just playing and not worrying that I don't have X gun then I am at disadvantage. I like that there are still guns to unlock, and vehicle items to unlock too. Just the right balance for me.

Lender

+30 minutes into a winning operation, and once again getting kicked out. Score of +20k just gone in the wind. Fuck you Dice.

The Flash

Banned
Whew this game y'all

tumblr_od68nbLmbe1vtht6qo1_400.gif

elco

How to outplay someone. :p

szM8rPm.gif

Slick, though you would've been screwed had he been camping.

Re: the melee stuff, there was a vid on main menu a week or so ago that explained it a bit. If you got one hit killed from the front, it was probably from the bayonet. From the back I think you can can see if you're going to one shot them by the position of your hand/weapon changing as you approach. There are three stats for each weapon, dmg, speed, and a third one which determines how wide of an angle you can approach from behind. Some weapons you have to be almost directly behind, others you can come from more of an angle.

Xater

Also it looks like I should start using limpet charges.

Well once my scout is level 10. Only class left for me to max out. The I will also never touch that class again. ;)

Theorry

So i just had a full Operation match and it didnt count towards my progression. Was 30.000 in level 82. Had a full Operation on Oil of Empires with a squad boost even. And after it all ended and i checked my soldier in the main menu i was still level 82 and 30.000 in. Hopefully i do still get the scores.

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
Anyone else experiencing an obscene amount of menu lag on the Xbox One version?

It's fucking terrible and shouldn't be this bad.

Xater

102 hours and just clamoring for more. Game is one of the best shooters in the last 5 to 10 years easily for me

Yea, I have 92 hours in it and it's definitely a top 3 Battlefield title for me. I wouldn't know how to sort them right now but my favorites are 1942, BF2 and BF1.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
Hardcore mode should have gone all the way and been this. No-HUD gameplay is not feasible if you're the only one using it; a server where you can only do No-HUD would be great.

It's not enough that the severely reduced TTK discourages running for the objective, players shouldn't even be able to see where the objective is to begin with!

Kal

How do you change the bomber view to see underneath you (when dropping bombs)? I think I've tried every button lol - PS4 here :)

dyergram

Bought this the other day on a whim never played a bf game before I'm really enjoying the mp don't fully understand the game lol. Any tips I nearly have 200 war bonds what should I buy maybe the smg with the optical sight?

dab0ne

How do you change the bomber view to see underneath you (when dropping bombs)? I think I've tried every button lol - PS4 here :)
Triangle I think

Edit: if you're talking about the air ship then triangle. If you're talking about air planes I don't know. I always just used the map.

Sigh* So I was playing 40 players operations on Oil of Empires. We steamrolled, without losing a battalion, the first map and all the way to the last sector and the last flag Butter on Suez. We couldn't take the last flag Butters with 2.5 battalions and 2 armored trains... My squad did great but the rest of the team...wtf happen is what I am wondering.

UKps4gaf, not many on my psn list are into this and I need some fellow chaps to help carry me through a game. ;)

Certainly not the best, buy loving it all the same... Caution, I have been known to swear profusely on mic when I get killed! :D

Add luvs_2_squidge as a friend mate. We run games every night. I can add you to group chat or our community. Nearing 150 members.

I don't post much here anymore because I find the general tone against ukps4gaf is negative for anyone not part of it. Salty grapes or whatever but yeah if anyone wants to join just add me up. We've got a great community going.

53-5 win loss but that's apparently deliberately stat padding or pub stomping rather than just playing with other gaffers and enjoying what a great game this is.

We've got an event planned for Saturday 26th. An all out gaf vs gaf war.

taoofjord

Having a hard time with this game on PS4. Level 24 and still doing awful. It sucks to go from TF2 where I'm consistently in the top two spots on my team to this, where I'm always near the bottom. Any recommendations on soldier look speed and zoom settings? And a couple good, accurate medium range rifles?

DeaDPo0L84

This game went from surely being my most played MP game to not even turning it on in the past couple of weeks. I enjoy the shift in direction and the game doesnt necessarily have any clear flaws that pushed me away, its just not...as fun as other BF games. I have been playing TF2 and its just a much more satisfying shooter IMO. I keep trying to go back to BF1 cause I bought two copies (digital so im stuck) but it just feels like a slog.

This game went from surely being my most played MP game to not even turning it on in the past couple of weeks. I enjoy the shift in direction and the game doesnt necessarily have any clear flaws that pushed me away, its just not...as fun as other BF games. I have been playing TF2 and its just a much more satisfying shooter IMO. I keep trying to go back to BF1 cause I bought two copies (digital so im stuck) but it just feels like a slog.

Just out of interest. Not a snark.

Why buy two copies?

Top Bottom