• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Firebrand

What is the main difference with the low weight as opposed to storm? I use the storm model when I'm support and have enjoyed it. Curious what the main difference is tho with low weight in comparison

Supposedly it recovers accuracy faster?

I really should enter an empty server one of these days and actually compare the guns. There's so many and for all the hours I've put in I only really know a few stand-out ones like the BAR etc.

Did he make it?

No better gun in the game for killin' enemies with their back to you lol. I don't mean that in a bad way, just that the massive ammo count always you to take out huge groups if they aren't paying attention.
Yup. The bipod helps immensely, since the patch. I generally think the LMG's in this game are pretty bad as is, so I wouldn't even bother with the low-weight versions if they didn't have bipods now. Haha.

The Flash

Banned
I love salty people in the chat. Just got finished with the Kaiserschlacht Operation and this one guy in my squad decided to blame me for everything going wrong. Said I wasn't using the light tank properly and other nonsense despite pushing the objective and racking up 63 kills in the process. Sent him a friend request afterwards so hopefully we can patch things up later.

terrible

Banned
What is the main difference with the low weight as opposed to storm? I use the storm model when I'm support and have enjoyed it. Curious what the main difference is tho with low weight in comparison

There's significantly reduced side to side recoil with the Storm and less vertical recoil too, though it's easier to compensate for vertical recoil than horizontal. On console at least that outweighs (hehe) the benefits of the low weight variation, in my opinion anyway. That scope on the Suppressive though, boy does it make the bipod disgustingly effective at mid to long range.

Yup. The bipod helps immensely, since the patch. I generally think the LMG's in this game are pretty bad as is, so I wouldn't even bother with the low-weight versions if they didn't have bipods now. Haha.

As overall guns they are really bad for sure! I do like an underdog though. I rocked the Type 88 in BF4, not many other people did lol.

LightInfa

Have you heard the good news about an aggressive recon's Lord and Saviour St. 1895 Trench?

fell in love with it recently, makes aggressive recon shooting flares and staying on the point really nice, 2 shots a second, 80 damage up close, 1905 trench like hip fire, repent and find salvation!

You could not have been more right about this - fantastic suggestion! I hadn't really played any scout since I had picked the game up, but with this you can actually hold your own at close range and really lead the charge on objectives; my first match with it I led the match with 14 captures.

Kenstar

NphmXlz.gif

xxqjya.gif

There's significantly reduced side to side recoil with the Storm and less vertical recoil too, though it's easier to compensate for vertical recoil than horizontal. On console at least that outweighs (hehe) the benefits of the low weight variation, in my opinion anyway. That scope on the Suppressive though, boy does it make the bipod disgustingly effective at mid to long range.

As overall guns they are really bad for sure! I do like an underdog though. I rocked the Type 88 in BF4, not many other people did lol.
Indeed.

I liked the Type 88 in BF4 as well.

I've just been thinking lately... this game has some really shitty maps, at least on Conquest.

Amiens and St. Quentin are the obvious highlights, and Argonne is a nice little intense CQB map. The rest, though, I find to be boring or downright irritating.

Sinai Desert: Opinion hasn't changed since the beta. Mediocre large desert map with a strange flow and oddly placed/designed CPs.

Ballroom Blitz: Too small and straight-forward. Almost feels like a Bad Company 2 map. The balconies around the ballroom are a freaking sniper haven, and the ballroom itself is just a spamfest with gas and incendiary grenades exploding inside it every 3 seconds.

Monte Grappa: B & D are the only flags that ever get much play. Just a bunker/trench spam fest with shotguns and Automaticos galore. Very irritating to play. It does look pretty, though.

Empire's Edge: C & D are the only flags that ever get much play. The rest of the map goes to waste, and everything just feels too open/vast for its own good. Not a good map.

Fao Fortress: Garbage.

Suez: Garbage.

Anyone else pretty disappointed with this game's map selection at launch? I sure hope the free map we get in December is a good one.

I've just been thinking lately... this game has some really shitty maps, at least on Conquest.

Amiens and St. Quentin are the obvious highlights, and Argonne is a nice little intense CQB map. The rest, though, I find to be boring or downright irritating.

Sinai Desert: Opinion hasn't changed since the beta. Mediocre large desert map with a strange flow and oddly placed/designed CPs.

Ballroom Blitz: Too small and straight-forward. Almost feels like a Bad Company 2 map. The balconies around the ballroom are a freaking sniper haven, and the ballroom itself is just a spamfest with gas and incendiary grenades exploding inside it every 3 seconds.

Monte Grappa: B & D are the only flags that ever get much play. Just a bunker/trench spam fest with shotguns and Automaticos galore. Very irritating to play. It does look pretty, though.

Empire's Edge: C & D are the only flags that ever get much play. The rest of the map goes to waste, and everything just feels too open/vast for its own good. Not a good map.

Anyone else pretty disappointed with this game's map selection at launch? I sure hope the free map we get in December is a good one.
Yeah, the maps are trash right now. Same problem that BF4 launch had.

I'm confident they'll get better.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist

I think Ballroom Blitz has some great CQC, although the ballroom itself is a cluster fuck.

Proxy

I have opened 10 battlepacks over the last week and all I have received are pistol skins. >:[

All the battlepacks I've gotten within the past two days were (with the exception of one) the same shitty special skin for the Taschenpistole M1914.

The Flash

Banned
Yeah the battlepack system as it is now needs to go. Just copy/paste Overwatch's system and we're good. Also add some proper solider customization while you're at it. I want my German soldiers (aside from cavalry) to have a Pickelhaube dadgumit.

LevelCap actually made a pretty good video/rant about the game's progression, unlock, and customization systems

Yeah the battlepack system as it is now needs to go. Just copy/paste Overwatch's system and we're good. Also add some proper solider customization while you're at it. I want my German soldiers (aside from cavalry) to have a Pickelhaube dadgumit.

I said before: unlockable and ludicrous mustaches.

Jarrod38

LevelCap actually made a pretty good video/rant about the game's progression, unlock, and customization systems
I got a battlepack as the game end and I did nothing at all.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Hellriegel all you need.

Maybe I'm too used to cheesing it with the Model 10-A Hunter, but I'm having trouble using the Hellriegel. Mostly, I'm having trouble with ADS aiming and learning to manage my limited ammo. I don't feel like I'm accurate with the weapon. Any tips?

Up to now I've managed damn well just running into the fray with a shotgun and hip-firing every enemy to death. I want to try out a different weapon but am unsure if the assault class offers anything better than the Hunter. There is the aforementioned Hellriegel, but how about the MP 18 Trench and Automatico M1918 Trench? Are those more tailored to my aggressive play-style?

Maybe I'm too used to cheesing it with the Model 10-A Hunter, but I'm having trouble using the Hellriegel. Mostly, I'm having trouble with ADS aiming and learning to manage my limited ammo. I don't feel like I'm accurate with the weapon. Any tips?

Up to now I've managed damn well just running into the fray with a shotgun and hip-firing every enemy to death. I want to try out a different weapon but am unsure if the assault class offers anything better than the Hunter. There is the aforementioned Hellriegel, but how about the MP 18 Trench and Automatico M1918 Trench? Are those more tailored to my aggressive play-style?
Nothing matches the Model 10-A for close in play, it's completely OP. In terms of damage output, the Automatico is closest, but it will still get trumped by the 10-A in a head-to-head, and with multiple opponents the Automatico also struggles because of the small magazine size and high ROF. You'll only get two guys, three if you're amazing, then you'll have to reload. The 10-A is good for six people in the equivalent situation.

Surfinn

Nothing matches the Model 10-A for close in play, it's completely OP. In terms of damage output, the Automatico is closest, but it will still get trumped by the 10-A in a head-to-head, and with multiple opponents the Automatico also struggles because of the small magazine size and high ROF. You'll only get two guys, three if you're amazing, then you'll have to reload. The 10-A is good for six people in the equivalent situation.
Shotguns are out of control. Don't even need to aim or track much at close or medium range. Kinda frustrating.

Shotguns are out of control. Don't even need to aim or track much at close or medium range. Kinda frustrating.
I used the Automatico until I unlocked the 10-A, and I'll use the 10-A until it gets nerfed. At that point I'll go back to the Automatico or use the Hellriegel.

Acinixys

In the last 3 - 4 days ive been killed by the A10 more than anything else

The amount of people with 30+ service stars for the weapon is insane

The fact that DICE didn't heavily nerf it in the last patch blows my mind

In the last 3 - 4 days ive been killed by the A10 more than anything else

The amount of people with 30+ service stars for the weapon is insane

The fact that DICE didn't heavily nerf it in the last patch blows my mind

MP18 is my "most killed me" gun by miles and it isn't even funny.

That thing is so OP at long range and short.

More people use the MP18 than model 10.

I'm nearly at 30 service stars for it ;)

The Dude

I have to much fun switching around to just sit with one gun.. Although I am over a million in assault, I use hunter occasionally and its a beast but I've killed plenty who use one, it's not like you're able to just shoot someone 500 feet away. Gotta be at least in somewhat range. A few guys who used it on alot of matches the last night or so, I just fucked up with my hellriegel or shoved a hunter right back up their ass.

Also, side thought, those fucking ground turrets are no joke when someone is good with them at hitting planes, my god

Also, side thought, those fucking ground turrets are no joke when someone is good with them at hitting planes, my god

The AA turrets? Yeah, they are pretty fun to operate. I love leading the shots and and trying to out smart planes maneuvers. Only takes a few shots to bring them down, or for the pilot to panic and bail. Very beneficial to the team, cause the planes are similarly no joke against ground units with a good pilot.

The Dude

The AA turrets? Yeah, they are pretty fun to operate. I love leading the shots and and trying to out smart planes maneuvers. Only takes a few shots to bring them down, or for the pilot to panic and bail. Very beneficial to the team, cause the planes are similarly no joke against ground units with a good pilot.

Yea, I am learning and getting better with using my plane and have been wreaking some havoc on maps where guys aren't great with those turrets. Although I love taking out a dude on one, just fun stuff.

terrible

Banned
The MP18 isn't even that great, it's just a gun everyone starts with in the most used class and it happens to outrange shotguns. It's beaten close range badly by both the automatico and the shotgun. The Hellriegel will be trending up in usage as more people unlock it and the MP18 will be trending down, you can almost guarantee that.

The MP18 isn't even that great, it's just a gun everyone starts with in the most used class and it happens to outrange shotguns. It's beaten close range badly by both the automatico and the shotgun. The Hellriegel will be trending up in usage as more people unlock it and the MP18 will be trending down, you can almost guarantee that.

Hellriegel is better at range as well, in my opinion. Much more accurate. Or at least it feels it to me.

The only thing MP18 excels in that no other SMG can do is hip fire. Hip fire on MP18 is outstanding. For close range battles Automatico wins, for all-rounding Hellriegel wins.

Yeah you probably aren't wrong with the Hellreigel thing.

With regards to the MP18 my main issue with it is that it can kill you so quickly from so far away. The range and accuracy at range are ridiculous.

Also - MP18 is my most killed by gun for a reason. People leg it about hipfiring and shotty you need to ADS if it's mid range. For that reason if MP18 gets the drop on you, you die.

It frustrates me to shit

Pfft, I'm number 1. I've got like 200 kills with it now yeah. Who wants to touch me.

Glorious leader

terrible

Banned
I think the Automatico probably kills me the most followed by the SMLE. The biggest reason for that would be because I've played the most as Support and the guns I've used are better at mid range than anything else. What I've been using is pretty much the perfect counter to the MP18 actually, I rarely notice deaths from them even though it's used a lot. That's about all they counter though, man are LMGs ever bad lol.

I think the Automatico probably kills me the most followed by the SMLE. The biggest reason for that would be because I've played the most as Support and the guns I've used are better at mid range than anything else. What I've been using is pretty much the perfect counter to the MP18 actually, I rarely notice deaths from them even though it's used a lot. That's about all they counter though, man are LMGs ever bad lol.

You've got a good point actually. Maybe I get killed by them alot because I stalk around in their perfect range - short. I'm normally running head on into enemy territory too.

LMG's need a buff so bad. MG18 and BAR are powerful but even with a shotty I can usually either get to cover or work my way towards them in shotty range to kill them. People trying to use LMG like a SMG aswell is so rife. You pick them off far too easy.

terrible

Banned
You've got a good point actually. Maybe I get killed by them alot because I stalk around in their perfect range - short. I'm normally running head on into enemy territory too.

LMG's need a buff so bad. MG18 and BAR are powerful but even with a shotty I can usually either get to cover or work my way towards them in shotty range to kill them. People trying to use LMG like a SMG aswell is so rife. You pick them off far too easy.

I'm a free kill to anyone with a shotgun if I'm caught in close range with an LMG. People can get 2 shots off before I can kill them even if I land almost every shot.

For whatever reason I'm not seeing a ton of shotgun users when I'm support, but then again I often use the automatico or shotgun on maps with lots of close range battles.

I'm a free kill to anyone with a shotgun if I'm caught in close range with an LMG. People can get 2 shots off before I can kill them even if I land almost every shot.

For whatever reason I'm not seeing a ton of shotgun users when I'm support, but then again I often use the automatico or shotgun on maps with lots of close range battles.

As I put above mate apparently around 5% of all kills come from shotty. For that reason I'd say it's actually not that popularly used... That's probably part of the main reason they didn't nerf it.

You aren't wrong though. I think snipers kill me at close range with the fucking Mars pistol more than LMG users.

Theorry

There is alot of weird things going on with progression. 2 days ago a whole Operation match didnt count towards my progression. Logged in last night and i still got the progression after all luckily. But now i want to unlock the Martini and i am stuck at level 9.0 of scout class. And it doesnt go up at all. Played atleast 3 matches already as scout.
And if i look at the soldier tab and weapons. It says i am level 10. But ingame and cant select the Martini or buy it because it says level 9...

What's funny about that GIF is that the guy will eventually see it and be 100% sure it is him, but nobody will ever believe him.

It's such a perfect Gif. I can't believe they captured it.

The only way would be if the guy captured it on his ps4 too. That footage together..... would be incredible.

There is alot of weird things going on with progression. 2 days ago a whole Operation match didnt count towards my progression. Logged in last night and i still got the progression after all luckily. But now i want to unlock the Martini and i am stuck at level 9.0 of scout class. And it doesnt go up at all. Played atleast 3 matches already as scout.

Sometimes it freezes up with progression. It still counts though. Log out and log back in and it should have accumulated. That's according to reports from UKps4Gaffers

Donos

Tried the Autoloading extended but it doesn't work for me. Always feel that i need to many shots to kill. The factory is like a laser but only 5 rounds are not enough. Back to the sweeper.

Also lol, now I've experienced this model 10 fuckery people post here. Getting ohk from some distances which clearly weren't close range...

Top Bottom