• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Tried the Autoloading extended but it doesn't work for me. Always feel that i need to many shots to kill. The factory is like a laser but only 5 rounds are not enough. Back to the sweeper.

Also lol, now I've experienced this model 10 fuckery people post here. Getting ohk from some distances which clearly weren't close range...

Yeah people moaned pre-patch.
Post-patch it's so much more prevalent. I am now full in agreement that it's OP haha.

I killed someone OH from way too far away last night and commented on it as we were playing.

To be honest until they nerf the MP18 range I won't feel bad about capping fools from silly distance.

Redders

Tried the Autoloading extended but it doesn't work for me. Always feel that i need to many shots to kill. The factory is like a laser but only 5 rounds are not enough. Back to the sweeper.

Only gun for me! Over 2,100 kills with it now. Only time I find it takes too many shots to kill is from a longer range, otherwise I find it great to take on SMGs at close range due to the high rate of fire and being able to keep control, while being decent at medium range. Can't use the sweeper myself.

Only gun for me! Over 2,100 kills with it now. Only time I find it takes too many shots to kill is from a longer range, otherwise I find it great to take on SMGs at close range due to the high rate of fire and being able to keep control while being decent at medium range. Can't use the sweeper myself.

giphy.gif

So sayeth the gospel of Redders

If I ran the Nurse class I'd copy your loadout. I've seen what it could do.

Theorry

It's such a perfect Gif. I can't believe they captured it.

The only way would be if the guy captured it on his ps4 too. That footage together..... would be incredible.

Sometimes it freezes up with progression. It still counts though. Log out and log back in and it should have accumulated. That's according to reports from UKps4Gaffers

I did that many times now and even waited a day. I have also 400.000 scout score but it still says when i want to buy a gun i am level 9. Even tho looking at the stats i am level 10..

I did that many times now and even waited a day. I have also 400.000 scout score but it still says when i want to buy a gun i am level 9. Even tho looking at the stats i am level 10..

That must be really annoying. Hopefully it pops back up all at once for you mate.
I wonder if DICE will address this in their next patch? You've gotta think that comes in December with the new map.

Random thing I wish they would fix....

When I kill a medic, if he got me down to very low health I'll sometimes steal his kit, put down a medkit for myself then swap back to my normal kit.

But from then on until I die skulls will appear for me to revive them... but I'm playing as Assault. Pretty annoying.

I wouldn't say the Model 10 is easy mode though. You'll get abused in the open, where as the smg's can compete where as the shotguns do nothing.

But in close quarters I win so many more engagements against groups of opponents than I would with an smg, that's where the power is.

Redders

When I kill a medic, if he got me down to very low health I'll sometimes steal his kit, put down a medkit for myself then swap back to my normal kit.

But from then on until I die skulls will appear for me to revive them... but I'm playing as Assault. Pretty annoying.

If that's the case I wonder if you still show up as a medic when people need reviving on medics nearby?

People see you sprinting past them will be hating on you if that happens haha. Have to try it next time we are on.

If that's the case I wonder if you still show up as a medic when people need reviving on medics nearby?

People see you sprinting past them will be hating on you if that happens haha. Have to try it next time we are on.

Like Redders said - I saw you as a medic on and off last night so I think it might do just that. Also - what a fantastic idea!! Major respect for that.

I wouldn't say the Model 10 is easy mode though. You'll get abused in the open, where as the smg's can compete where as the shotguns do nothing.

But in close quarters I win so many more engagements against groups of opponents than I would with an smg, that's where the power is.

Completely agree with everything you just said

Nerf. The FUCKING. Model 10. FFS

Oh it will be, for sure. The other shotguns aren't even getting any play.

People said it definitely would at the last patch..... it didn't

Shotguns on the whole get around 5% of all kills. That means for all the bitching and moaning, it amounts to on average 5 deaths out of every 100....

I wouldn't be so sure it'll get a nerf. Also last night I saw Trench Gun and 12g. The others do get used - just Model 10 is the most popular. I even saw Factory Model 10's used by some peasants.

*Playing War Pidgeons on Argonne
*Gets close to pidgeon carrier
*decides to throw a gas grenade in the general direction while closing in, even if in the middle of an open forest, just cause, hey, why not
*too much open ground and stuck in a depression, can't see the carrier, can't close in fast enough to get the shot!
* Enemy released the pidgeon!
* Half a second later: The enemy pidgeon has been killed, you destroyed the message, here, take a whole bunch of points _へ__(‾◡◝ )>

Turns out the gas grenade landed next to the carrier by freak chance and went active just as he released the pidgeon... which instantly killed it.

I gassed a pidgeon. And it felt good. I am a monster :(.

*Playing War Pidgeons on Argonne
*Gets close to pidgeon carrier
*decides to throw a gas grenade in the general direction while closing in, even if in the middle of an open forest, just cause, hey, why not
*too much open ground and stuck in a depression, can't see the carrier, can't close in fast enough to get the shot!
* Enemy released the pidgeon!
* Half a second later: The enemy pidgeon has been killed, you destroyed the message, here, take a whole bunch of points _へ__(‾◡◝ )>

Turns out the gas grenade landed next to the carrier by freak chance and went active just as he released the pidgeon... which instantly killed it.

I gassed a pidgeon. And it felt good. I am a monster :(.

Hahahah I laughed too much at this. Good call man. I never knew gas fucked the pigeons up.

Gaf vs Gaf this saturday on PS4 is blatantly going to have some Pigeon matches. Do you think fire does the same?

Gaf vs Gaf this saturday on PS4 is blatantly going to have some Pigeon matches. Do you think fire does the same?
You can try, but my guess is that flame grenades aren't going "high" enough to reach the pidgeon. Flamers definitely roast them though and are one of the safest ways to kill them.

Also realized I managed to backstab and take the dog tag of a Colonel Lvl100. And I am rank 30 or something. And I didn't even have a Bipod Knife.

He probably wasn't too amused I imagine:

hqdefault.jpg

Played hardcore mode for the first time last night, thought I'd love it.... came out hating it because it was dominated by camping snipers.

I really wish the Server Browser wasn't so... limited.

Battlelog wasn't as good as it could have been, but goddamn at least it had way more options than whatever this is. Can't filter out games that are in-progress or about to end (roughly half the games of Rush or Conquest I join are stomps that are in their last minutes or seconds). Can't see what players are in the server or their stats. Can't exclude specific servers. And I'm not even sure if team balance/shuffle even works, but sure would be nice to see if a server has it enabled.

I guess this is the way forward for EA, though.

You can try, but my guess is that flame grenades aren't going "high" enough to reach the pidgeon. Flamers definitely roast them though and are one of the safest ways to kill them.

Also realized I managed to backstab and take the dog tag of a Colonel Lvl100. And I am rank 30 or something. And I didn't even have a Bipod Knife.

He probably wasn't too amused I imagine:

hqdefault.jpg

I love doing that. Also level 100 is higher than any I've ever seen. I've seen a lvl 96 quite a few times. SanguineKiller his name is. Gaf has faced him a few times and last night we played with him.

There is no better feeling than sneaking up behind a sniper and planting my spiked club into his soul

Managed to get it up to 2.32 since this post.

#keepongettingbetter

You are easily one of our best.

Lol mine fluctuates between 1.18 and 1.30

Every FPS is around the same for me. Nearly 1300SPM though.
Always near the top end of the board.

Just cannot stop dying. The medics literally follow me about now because it's free points haha

You are easily one of our best.

Lol mine fluctuates between 1.18 and 1.30

Every FPS is around the same for me. Nearly 1300SPM though.
Always near the top end of the board.

Just cannot stop dying. The medics literally follow me about now because it's free points haha

That SPM is mad.

Mines is only about 768 or something. Too much time spent playing TDM where you don't get any points outside of killing.

That SPM is mad.

Mines is only about 768 or something. Too much time spent playing TDM where you don't get any points outside of killing.

That's exactly the cause of mine. I play Operations and that's it. I'm sure it'd drop massively if I went into other modes but truth be told, I just don't like them. I only really like battlefield with a squad.

Redders and Fatty both have higher than mine haha

Xater

I really don't like playing Scout and I am consistently getting the top Scout score in matches. That probably says soemthing about this player base.

The Dude

Stupid how SPM works between a modes. I eased in with 50 hours or so in tdm, so that screwed mine. Although the last 50 or so hours or so been all operations, creeping to 1000

I really don't like playing Scout and I am consistently getting the top Scout score in matches. That probably says soemthing about this player base.

Something like 40% of people play assault so the scout pool isn't massive anyway. Also so many scouts only camp at the back and snipe. Spotting people and helping cap objectives you can rack up scout easy.

Stupid how SPM works between a modes. I eased in with 50 hours or so in tdm, so that screwed mine. Although the last 40 hours or so been all operations, creeping to 1000

Yeah it's bullshit really. On the one hand - yes I do relatively well score wise each game but on the other hand I play the mode which yields the most exp (because we consistently win) so it's just an untrue representation.

Operations is the way haha

CoLaN

I really dont see what's so great about Operations. Sure, its "cinematic" the first few times, but it seems like a statpadding clusterfuck.

Conquest feels much more fun to me.

I really dont see what's so great about Operations. Sure, its "cinematic" the first few times, but it seems like a statpadding clusterfuck.

Operations is by and large much more exciting. As defenders you are doing your best to hold a relentless onslaught of hundreds of enemies. As attackers you are trying to push an army back and back and back, making real progress and forcing them to retreat. There's a sense of progress.

Unlike Conquest you're just running back and forth, hoping you don't get sniped off the one of the twelve enemy Scouts hiding in the mountains.

CoLaN

Operations is by and large much more exciting. As defenders you are doing your best to hold a relentless onslaught of hundreds of enemies. As attackers you are trying to push an army back and back and back, making real progress and forcing them to retreat. There's a sense of progress.

Unlike Conquest you're just running back and forth, hoping you don't get sniped off the one of the twelve enemy Scouts hiding in the mountains.

I've seen more snipers in Operations, but i didnt play it much. 70 hours on conquest, it's still my favourite mode (it has been in all the battlefield games, so far) but i guess i may give operations another try sometime

Completely agree. Operations can be tense as hell. Sure you get the steamroll enemies but sometimes you get those stubborn ones that dig in and it's a joy.

I've seen more snipers in Operations, but i didnt play it much. 70 hours on conquest, it's still my favourite mode (it has been in all the battlefield games, so far) but i guess i may give operations another try sometime

You really should. Conquest is more of a clusterfuck than Operations. The tactics game on operation is strong. I can see how you wouldn't like it if you play with peasants.

Also - your comment about statpadding is ridiculous. That's not the reason we play it - that's just a side effect of playing it well.

The Dude

I like both but not sure how Conquest isn't the same to you, just a cluster fuck of people running back and forth. I like Operations more than because it's focused, one territory after another. Conquest can pad stats as good as any operations match

Yea like said above, I don't play for stats i play for what is more fun and feels more focused and that's why operations is just better imho

Sometimes operations feels like there's way more than 20 players coming at you

Especially with the fucking blimp in the air.

One tactic we've found that works wonders is to spawn and immediately press 1 objective as a large group - overwhelm it and then quickly sprint to the next one as the same group.

Normally peasants can hold the objective you just took and the speed it's taken makes the opposition panic. You can normally rush the first sector - sometimes second too - doing just that simple tactic.

terrible

Banned
I guess I haven't played it enough to judge it fairly but I feel like they messed up CQ in this game.

-too many wide open maps that cater to snipers
-behemoths. lol.
-lack of transport vehicles

CQ has always been the superior game mode but I'm not feeling it with this game. It really doesn't help that it runs at like 20-30 FPS on PS4 half the time.

Surfinn

Come on man. Hyperbole much?
Not at all. With other guns at that range you actually have to hold your aim and track. It's gotten so bad that when I see an assault soldier I hardly even try because I know all they have to do is click one time while I have to hold and aim for a headshot to even have a chance at killing them. They get two chances to auto kill me usually.

Infantry play would be immediately improved if shotguns disappeared.

It's just not very fun.

Random17

Especially with the fucking blimp in the air.

One tactic we've found that works wonders is to spawn and immediately press 1 objective as a large group - overwhelm it and then quickly sprint to the next one as the same group.

Normally peasants can hold the objective you just took and the speed it's taken makes the opposition panic. You can normally rush the first sector - sometimes second too - doing just that simple tactic.

Most notable on Saint Quentin. Winning in that first stage is all about rushing the enemy and taking one flag at the minimum. If the enemy gets a foothold then it is much harder to hold them back.

Not at all. With other guns at that range you actually have to hold your aim and track. It's gotten so bad that when I see an assault soldier I hardly even try because I know all they have to do is click one time while I have to hold and aim for a headshot to even have a chance at killing them. They get two chances to auto kill me usually.

It's just not very fun.

Shotguns will never disappear. It wouldn't make sense. Personally I'd quit this game for good if they removed all shotguns. If they nerf the Model 10 - which they won't anyway - then I'd just use a different shotty but I don't want to have the option removed completely.

You could say that about loads of this game. Sniping, behemoths, tanks etc...

Most notable on Saint Quentin. Winning in that first stage is all about rushing the enemy and taking one flag at the minimum. If the enemy gets a foothold then it is much harder to hold them back.

Iron walls first sector usually falls easy so it's rare they dig in. You need to rush the bunkers so fast and fuck the doors up though or it's game over.

Conquer Hell
Kaiserslacht
Fao fortress
It's absolutely imperative you take at least the first few sectors without losing many tickets - ideally a white wash of the first map would be the case.

All of those operations benefit from the rush technique at the start of the maps (moreso the latter 3) and all have really difficult second (or third) maps. You don't want to end up on the last map with final life. With post-patch attacking being OP if you lose a life on the first map you know you are against competent opponents.

For reference last night we did the rush tactic on Iron Walls and Kaiser.
Iron walls we beat first map in 8 minutes
Kaiser we won the entire game losing less than 30 tickets on any sector

We also defended Conquer hell and held opponent at first map. Tactic there was to halt the rush by having dedicated squads of 4 on each objective and it worked wonders. Held the opponent 350 tickets on the first sector....

The Dude

It's just not very fun.

It's not like they're unkillable while using one. You just have to be aware. I don't know, guess I just never understood the whole I die to a gun or skill so nerf it

It's just not very fun.

I prefer to get blasted away by a shotgun user whom I have a chance to kill rather than constantly sniped by three folk lying in the mountains four miles away who instantly pick me off as soon as I spawn and I am literally defenseless - even if I try to snipe back there's three of them so I get picked off anyway.

If anything should be removed it's sniping, not shotguns.

But really: nothing should be removed. That is a slippery slope. As much as I hate snipers and you hate shotguns, people have different playstyles and enjoy different thngs.

Top Bottom