• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Night.Ninja

Banned
Speaking of TTK; It's so much better than BF4 where everything killed you in a split-second. Being able to at least properly identify where you're getting shot from most of the time before dying straight away takes away a lot of frustration.

Well, except for when you get killed by shotguns :>

this is why i hated 4

The Dude

this is why i hated 4

I think it's why I am enjoying BF1 way more, the ttk is spot on perfect. Not to long or short. Feels good when someone starts firing and you can take cover. But man the one thing that gets me alot is ill take cover from that shooter but another is watching from another angle and gets me

Xater

I just now managed to play new Suez for the first time. No idea how I managed to avoid it for so long.

The map is still shit. Just stretching it out didn't do jack shit. They needed to offset those points so it's not a straight line.

Not sure why the Bar is so highly regarded. I tried it out in both CQB and ranged tactics and I still do wayyy better with the MG15 in both situations.

No, that's more CoD and Titanfall which have crazy fast TTK's, you can get shot at and still have a chance to return fire in BF1

Yeah, for sure. This game's TTK is much higher than it was in BF3 and 4. That's why being one-shotted so frequently by the 10-A even past close range just feels so wrong compared to everything else. It bothers me even more than the Automatico.

Not sure why the Bar is so highly regarded. I tried it out in both CQB and ranged tactics and I still do wayyy better with the MG15 in both situations.

The ROF puts the BAR in a league of its own in CQB. It chews through people WAY faster than the MG15. I do love the MG15 though, so I understand where you're coming from. It's an awesome weapon to use for mid-range since it has that massive magazine and is surprisingly accurate once you get some sustained fire going.

The Dude

The ROF puts the BAR in a league of its own in CQB. It chews through people WAY faster than the MG15. I do love the MG15 though, so I understand where you're coming from. It's an awesome weapon to use for mid-range since it has that massive magazine and is surprisingly accurate once you get some sustained fire going.

Yea but if you're in a situation where you have a few guys youre battling with, it just seems to empty so quick then you're fucked. I just think it's like for CQB there are better options, and for mid range to long, there are better options. Love the feel but 20 shots sucks, love how it feels and the skins though

Orcus

Are you on console or PC? I personally think it's a weapon that is disproportionally effective on PC compared to console.

Marc

I honestly don't get how I play.

I'm not a good player by any stretch, just getting back into multiplayer FPS gaming after years of ignoring it. But I seriously don't get how on one round I can top the kills and wreck a team with 1-2 shot kills. Then the next round hit them 4 times at point blank range and not even mess their hair up.

I'm guessing my aim is off a bit but testing out the shotgun and it was playing before like a 'point in general direction and make things disappear' shotty. Gotta get gud. :(

Psn appears to be playing up guys.

Ukps4gaf game is still on schedule but if you don't hear from me.... that's why.

Will keep trying to log in

Saw a message to say there was some maintenance going on.

Yea but if you're in a situation where you have a few guys youre battling with, it just seems to empty so quick then you're fucked. I just think it's like for CQB there are better options, and for mid range to long, there are better options. Love the feel but 20 shots sucks, love how it feels and the skins though
That's true, but for me the most important factor is 1 vs 1 effectiveness. If I can win a 1 vs 1 battle then I at least give myself a chance to disengage and reload/heal up before taking on the next bad guy. If you're lucky you can take out three guys with one magazine though.

Are you on console or PC? I personally think it's a weapon that is disproportionally effective on PC compared to console.
It was nerfed in the last patch - I haven't played since then because they broke the server browser on PS4 - but prior to that it was my go to Support weapon on console.

UKPS4GAF - quick question - when I'm in the party with my mic on can you hear my television? I'm using the PS4 camera as a mic which is on top of the TV.

As far as I know the thing is genius at distinguishing between TV noise and real voices but just wanna double check.

He was lucky to play against scrubs, because going 75 and 1 means one thing....they had zero competent pilots and zero ground turrets going.

I think it matters who won. Because if that guy is just faffing about in the sky while his team is failing to take objectives, if I'm a defender, I'll live with letting him frag the hell out of me. Like on some maps you'll have snipers camping miles away from the action; fine, fuck 'em, let them sit back and not contribute while my team plays the objective. I don't want to hop in AA and take out a plane if it means the pilot decides, well, guess I better push with my team.

The Dude

I think it matters who won. Because if that guy is just faffing about in the sky while his team is failing to take objectives, if I'm a defender, I'll live with letting him frag the hell out of me. Like on some maps you'll have snipers camping miles away from the action; fine, fuck 'em, let them sit back and not contribute while my team plays the objective. I don't want to hop in AA and take out a plane if it means the pilot decides, well, guess I better push with my team.

Yea but what else can or do pilots do other than try to clear shit out while ground units try to cap? If he's taking out units around cap points that can be helpful, it's what I try to do when piloting. But still.... That's a lot of kills in general And 1 death, means absolutely nobody focused on him which for me is unheard of in matches, I'll get in my plane sometimes and have ground turrets and 2 or 3 planes on me in seconds

Vorheez

I really don't understand why people bitch about the shotguns. Like, do people not understand that using a shotgun is a massive disadvantage in a game like battlefield? When you have huge, wide open maps with lots of distance that requires plenty of movement, any encounter that is not immediately within close vicinity of a shotgunner is already a lost encounter. There is absolutely no way of defending yourself if you start taking fire; no return fire, no suppressive fire, nothing. You are a sitting duck just hoping whoever is shooting at you will leave you alone. Being effective with a shotgun actually requires a tremendous amount of patience and a significantly different play style than other classes ("riding" cover and staying out of view to get the drop on opponents). In order to balance this out, if a shotgun cannot absolutely decimate at close range, then there is a problem. The player using a shotgun deserves any advantage given to him/her in that situation because they went through all of the trouble closing that distance between the enemy. They should arguably, unless they suck at aiming, never lose a close encounter.

Furthermore, the balance in this game will be designed around the flagship game mode, which is obviously conquest. In conquest, the shotguns are perfect and should not be tampered with. Obviously there are maps that benefit shotgunners more (like Argonne and Amiens) but that's nothing the person using a shotgun should feel guilty about. That is on the opponent to be more aware of the real dangers of a shotgun around every corner. It keeps the play dynamic changing with each map. This is no different than having to be more on your toes on that desert map (forgot the name) because of the snipers. If every map played the same, and you could plan for all enemy encounters in the same way, then the game would be boring as shit.

DO NOT CHANGE THE SHOTGUNS (or maybe just the model 10 hunter a little bit)

Chaplain

NphmXlz.gif

I wonder if this is the player from the GIF.

https://gfycat.com/ShinyMatureGoldenretriever

Just how do battlepacks work in this game? Now you only get one thing and they're awarded randomly?

Yep.

I've been steadily using planes and it is awesome to to bombing runs and get triple kills. I think I'll go for rank 10 with the pilot since it doesn't seem to require much xp. I got a service star in just two days of flying an Attack Plane. What's truly dirty is that I have 3 service stars with a behemoth; the airship is far and away my most used behemoth and I make one hell of a driver.

That is on the opponent to be more aware of the real dangers of a shotgun around every corner. It keeps the play dynamic changing with each map. This is no different than having to be more on your toes on that desert map (forgot the name) because of the snipers. If every map played the same, and you could plan for all enemy encounters in the same way, then the game would be boring as shit.

DO NOT CHANGE THE SHOTGUNS (or maybe just the model 10 hunter a little bit)

What? If you claim that a shotgun should decimate a close range, how would one prepare for that danger?

Dysun

Operations is all the good stuff about Conquest with more order and a sense of focus.

As someone who only played Conquest before BF1, I completely agree. I love this mode, but wish there was more variety to the map order.

Model 10 Hunter definitely needs a nerf, I've been using it steadily for awhile now. The range and lack of spread is OP for a shotgun

Vorheez

What? If you claim that a shotgun should decimate a close range, how would one prepare for that danger?
Did you not read the rest of my post? That's on you to not get killed by shotgunners. Pay more attention to your surroundings, and stop running around aimlessly through tight spaces in certain maps. It is the shotgunners JOB to get an unexpected drop on you. If you're dying becuase of a shotgunner, it just means that they are using the weapon right. If you know what you're doing and playing smart, then a shotgunner should rarely kill you because you're always planning ahead. You're constantly aware of the real dangers of "oh, maybe I shouldn't blindly run into this house that is full of tight spaces because there is likely something in there that will outgun me." The best way to "prepare" for that danger is to not get into those situations to begin with. As someone who uses shotguns a lot, I rarely die from shotguns because I know how they play.

The Dude

As someone who only played Conquest before BF1, I completely agree. I love this mode, but wish there was more variety to the map order.

Model 10 Hunter definitely needs a nerf, I've been using it steadily for awhile now. The range and lack of spread is OP for a shotgun

Well once they nerf it it'll be useless, it's why I don't get people crying nerf for stuff.

Something has to be a bit more powerful than another, there will then be a top shotgun and will people want a nerf for that as well? It'll be to where you have to shove a shot gun up someone's ass hole to maybe be get a kill with one, you watch. That's what the nerf cries always do with games like this

Vorheez

There's no sense to getting 1HKO from medium range with a shotgun, that's not its role.
Depends on your definition of "medium range" because that can be drastically different for both of us. A lot of people think that anything beyond arms reach is medium range, when it's not. I do agree, as an avid shotgun user, that the 10 hunter needs the range nerfed, but everything else should be left alone.

If I can never kill you at long range with a shotgun, then you should never kill me at close range. That's balance.

Dysun

Depends on your definition of "medium range" because that can be drastically different for both of us. A lot of people think that anything beyond arms reach is medium range, when it's not. I do agree, as an avid shotgun user, that the 10 hunter needs the range nerfed, but everything else should be left alone.

If I can never kill you at long range with a shotgun, then you should never kill me at close range. That's balance.
I agree, that's why I specified range and spread

Aters

battlefield111.22.201rfsez.jpg

This fucking idiot with his 75-1 during attack on operations. Total jackass. Just kept flying over the battlefield at high altitude, contributing nothing at all, and then having the nerve to start boasting about his score. You stupid bastard.

If someone went 75-1, you can bet he contributed a lot to your team. There's more than one way to contribute to the team, dominating the sky clearly is one.

Lender

If someone went 75-1, you can bet he contributed a lot to your team. There's more than one way to contribute to the team, dominating the sky clearly is one.

Except he really didn't.

Anyway, good couple of games tonight! All wins, and did wonders for my stats. Win percentage up to 59%. Glad with that coming from 54% couple of days ago. I keep adding kills with the BAR putting at 278 worldwide with kills. :D

My goal of 850SPM has been achieved as well! 857 as we speak! And 20 more kills with the club and I'm P3 worldwide!

/statsboasting

Played operations pretty much exclusively, tonight the gaf party was full so I joined another gaffer's game expecting the same...

It was hardcore conquest. Wow that is great too! After a couple of team kills (sorry) whilst I was realising what game I jumped into, I acclimatised a bit. It really changes the dynamics of how you play... I ditched the model-10 for a gun with better distance (mp18 trench I think it's called) and it played a lot less run and gun and a bit more creep and sneak. I was in a strong squad which always helps, but I really enjoyed the change.

New vid from Jackfrags. THE WORST PLAYER

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2nGuWE8iLs

So happy i am not the only one coming across this enemies and teammates all the time.

Yep, that's Battlefield 1 for you. Easily one of the most inept playerbases I have ever seen.

Why has this game attracted so many mouthbreathers, I wonder? Is it just Call of Duty's leftovers? Is it DICE's aggressive marketing that has resulted in BF1 even being featured on Monster cans and the like? Is it a combination of those things?

Theorry

Yep, that's Battlefield 1 for you. Easily one of the most inept playerbases I have ever seen.

Why has this game attracted so many mouthbreathers, I wonder? Is it just Call of Duty's leftovers? Is it DICE's aggressive marketing that has resulted in BF1 even being featured on Monster cans and the like? Is it a combination of those things?

Marketing i guess. Alot really casual players picking the game up.
The amount of people that just run infront of my tank like they just dont see me or dont care is so high.

Will become better over time i think. When they move to a other game again.

UKPS4GAF - quick question - when I'm in the party with my mic on can you hear my television? I'm using the PS4 camera as a mic which is on top of the TV.

As far as I know the thing is genius at distinguishing between TV noise and real voices but just wanna double check.

Nah you're good buddy it doesn't come through on my headset anyway.

Another fantastic night lads. Some newer guys joined too

For reference I switched between all three types of shotguns tonight and STILL came second in the game. The model 10 is easier of course, which I admitted, but it's Confirmed it's more down to being a good shorty used rather than just an OP gun.

Unfair experiment. A dude standing still and ADS....

He only temporarily uses ADS to line up his buddy since they're in an empty server (crosshairs don't appear until a round starts). Afterwards he shoots from the hip, boom, 100 damage.

At 4:45 he nails some random guy for 100 damage at almost the exact same distance (all the way on the opposite side of the bunker!), so OHKs can definitely happen at that range even in "real world" scenarios. I just think that's completely unacceptable for a shotgun. DICE definitely has some balancing to do.

He only temporarily uses ADS to line up his buddy since they're in an empty server (crosshairs don't appear until a round starts). Afterwards he shoots from the hip, boom, 100 damage.

At 4:45 he nails some random guy for 100 damage at almost the exact same distance (all the way on the opposite side of the bunker!), so OHKs can definitely happen at that range even in "real world" scenarios. I just think that's completely unacceptable for a shotgun. DICE definitely has some balancing to do.

You ever fired a shotgun? In real life scenarios you'd kill someone for real from that distance. It looks like less than 15-20m away

Top Bottom