• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

test_account

XP-39C²
http://abload.de/img/battlefield111.22.201rfsez.jpg

This fucking idiot with his 75-1 during attack on operations. Total jackass. Just kept flying over the battlefield at high altitude, contributing nothing at all, and then having the nerve to start boasting about his score. You stupid bastard.
I have to admit that it is impressive to get 75-1 in kills/death. He must have contributed something considering that he did kill 75 enemies eventhough that he probably didnt do a single point capture. I'm also kinda surprised that no one (or maybe one, since he has one death) managed, or bothered to shoot him down. Maybe most of the players werent familiar with the maps and couldnt find the AA guns. I wish that the AA guns were marked on the minimap.

You ever fired a shotgun? In real life scenarios you'd kill someone for real from that distance. It looks like less than 15-20m away

There has to be some sort of game balance here, though. A shotgun that instantly melts people from that distance is just not OK and utterly kills CQB. There's absolutely nothing players can do to counter it in those situations besides use the 10-A themselves, which many have begun doing, resulting in maps like Argonne turning into shotgun insta-kill orgies.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
As someone who only played Conquest before BF1, I completely agree. I love this mode, but wish there was more variety to the map order.

I don't agree at all. I don't see any similarity between Conquest and Operations at all beyond the latter using capture zones as its objective, unlike Rush ... and if that's all you (not you in particular, in general) found "good" in Conquest, I would say you probably missed the point of the gamemode.

JDB

Banned
so why moan about shotguns killing from long distance? It shouldn't matter if real life isn't of any impact
Because people think it's not balanced? This ain't rocket-science. I'm not saying they should nerf it, but just that using real life as an argument for the way a game is balanced is silly.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
My logic is if I can effortlessly dominate the scoreboard kill listing with a single weapon then it needs some kind of tweak, and that's how I feel about the Model 10 Hunter. It's not infallible, and has weaknesses on the very open maps, but it's extremely versatile for a shotgun and delivers a surprising amount of damage over impressive range. On the right maps wracking up kills is basically as easy as a point and click adventure. Aim, click, erase. It's super fucking satisfying and I want shotguns to dominate in close range, but often I feel like I'm using an exploit because it's just that good.

Because people think it's not balanced? This ain't rocket-science. I'm not saying they should nerf it, but just that using real life as an argument for the way a game is balanced is silly.

5% of all kills are shotgun. If it was that OP don't you think it'd be a bit more widely used?

I agree it's the best shorty by far and I agree that it's become more powerful since patch but I disagree completely that it's as OP as people say.

All shotty OHK from close range - hell the trench gun even has better fire rate. I'll never understand the cry for nerf on a gun that in the grand scheme or things is actually not that much of an impact.

25% of all kill come SMG .Automatico and mp18 with their ridiculous hip fire and range but that's okay because it's not a one bang like the shotty?

JDB

Banned
5% of all kills are shotgun. If it was that OP don't you think it'd be a bit more widely used?

I agree it's the best shorty by far and I agree that it's become more powerful since patch but I disagree completely that it's as OP as people say.

All shotty OHK from close range - hell the trench gun even has better fire rate. I'll never understand the cry for nerf on a gun that in the grand scheme or things is actually not that much of an impact.

25% of all kill come SMG .Automatico and mp18 with their ridiculous hip fire and range but that's okay because it's not a one bang like the shotty?
Did you even read my post?

terrible

Banned
Did you not read the rest of my post? That's on you to not get killed by shotgunners. Pay more attention to your surroundings, and stop running around aimlessly through tight spaces in certain maps. It is the shotgunners JOB to get an unexpected drop on you. If you're dying becuase of a shotgunner, it just means that they are using the weapon right. If you know what you're doing and playing smart, then a shotgunner should rarely kill you because you're always planning ahead. You're constantly aware of the real dangers of "oh, maybe I shouldn't blindly run into this house that is full of tight spaces because there is likely something in there that will outgun me." The best way to "prepare" for that danger is to not get into those situations to begin with. As someone who uses shotguns a lot, I rarely die from shotguns because I know how they play.
If you play the objective you have no chance of avoiding shotgun range. Depending on game mode it's actually impossible to not be in its effective range.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
What are people's thoughts about the Model 10-A Factory? I always thought it odd that the Hunter is a straight upgrade, having exactly the same stats except slightly higher accuracy according to the in-game chart (25 vs. 20, if memory serves), but is that difference actually significant? If the Hunter gets nerfed (deservedly so, and I say that as someone who has used it more than any other gun), should the Factory also get a balance pass?

The Dude

My logic is if I can effortlessly dominate the scoreboard kill listing with a single weapon then it needs some kind of tweak, and that's how I feel about the Model 10 Hunter. It's not infallible, and has weaknesses on the very open maps, but it's extremely versatile for a shotgun and delivers a surprising amount of damage over impressive range. On the right maps wracking up kills is basically as easy as a point and click adventure. Aim, click, erase. It's super fucking satisfying and I want shotguns to dominate in close range, but often I feel like I'm using an exploit because it's just that good.

So nobody even remotely gives you a challenge when the hunter is in your hands? Just an instant 80 90 100 + kills on the way effortlessly?

Kalentan

If you don't have a train for the Forest Map in Operations on the last sector A. It's so fucking stupid as the enemy team spawns no matter what, on the points. Near impossible to take it.

Pastry

Banned
So frustrated by the inability to pull off comebacks in Conquest. You used to be able to pull off 300 or 400 point comebacks if you played it right.

Now?

You'll be lucky to pull off a comeback from 100 points behind. It's just dumb as shit.

For some reason when I first boot up the game on Xbox One and start playing a match and choose the Fighter Plane, it removes all my previous customization and it disables all functions of the plane; like I can't even shoot or repair or anything. It's super annoying.

Anyone else have this problem?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
So nobody even remotely gives you a challenge when the hunter is in your hands? Just an instant 80 90 100 + kills on the way effortlessly?

Not that good lol. If there's too much distance or they get a drop on me and I'm not careful obviously it's adios. But I tried it again the other night and hit 35-40 to one death on my first life.

It's just a super easy gun to use. I don't bother with iron sights either. Roll crosshair over target and fire. If the first shot doesn't the second probably will, and the spread gives you solid wiggle room at comfortable distances.

It's a very satisfying beast.

so i go to play some battlefield and it's not on my ps4 dashboard. not in my library, nothing. somehow it got deleted off the hard drive from the last time i played it last night...i have no idea how this happened, but it fucking sucks

Daigoro

the Hunter 10 will get a nerf. argue about it all you want, but its broken and it will get fixed eventually. abuse it while you can.

You ever fired a shotgun? In real life scenarios you'd kill someone for real from that distance. It looks like less than 15-20m away
So? Do you want LMG damage to be increased to the same levels as sniper bolt action rifles? Because they are using EXACTLY the same ammunition in real life with few exceptions. 1-2 hit kill BAR and MG15 at 100m would be pretty fun I wager (same with all the tank MGs and HMGs, would make playing dynamite assault quite entertaining wouldn't it ;-)?).

Gameplay and Balance trumps realism, especially if you start cherry picking the latter to suit your argument.

the Hunter 10 will get a nerf. argue about it all you want, but its broken and it will get fixed eventually. abuse it while you can.

This is very much true, and I am completely in favor of nerfing it, but I am going to continue using it until that happens because it is fun as hell. I'm so much happier being right up in someone's face on the line then laying back providing sniper cover or spraying with an LMG. Yeah, I rack up a lot of deaths, but that's part of the game, and the feeling of bumrushing a trench with a shotgun is just so satisfying.

Daigoro

This is very much true, and I am completely in favor of nerfing it, but I am going to continue using it until that happens because it is fun as hell. I'm so much happier being right up in someone's face on the line then laying back providing sniper cover or spraying with an LMG. Yeah, I rack up a lot of deaths, but that's part of the game, and the feeling of bumrushing a trench with a shotgun is just so satisfying.

yup its a really fun weapon to use. but it outclasses every other weapon at that range. it's way to easy to get around 5 kills without reloading at such an aggressive distance. cant do that with an automatico or the hellreigel, that's for sure.

web01

What are people's thoughts about the Model 10-A Factory? I always thought it odd that the Hunter is a straight upgrade, having exactly the same stats except slightly higher accuracy according to the in-game chart (25 vs. 20, if memory serves), but is that difference actually significant? If the Hunter gets nerfed (deservedly so, and I say that as someone who has used it more than any other gun), should the Factory also get a balance pass?

There are also attributes not represented in stats.
Factory regains accuracy quicker after movement and standing still.

It may also gain accuracy quicker between shots, However i am not 100% sure on that.

As someone who uses shotguns a lot, I rarely die from shotguns because I know how they play.
As someone who uses shotguns a lot, you're using the only effective counter to shotguns :)

I say that as someone who has more kills with the Model 10-A than the next four weapons on my list put together.

Having said that, DICE will only nerf it based on the metrics they see. If it's not being used much then it won't be touched; if it's suddenly accounting for a large % of kills then it'll get nerfed. I wouldn't be surprised if eventually it gets a slight nerf and the other shotguns get a slight buff. I'll keep using it in the meantime :)

For some reason it feels easier tonight. Did a bunch of new people start playing? It almost feels like the day after Christmas with all the level 1's.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Tense game of Oil Operations with randoms. Most people on our team (defending) were snipers that kept failing to use Spot Flares and just not doing objectives. Luckily the people who were not snipers were on top of it and there were some close calls on whittling them down We were able to get them down to 15 guys left with no more Defenses left on Fao Fortress' last point. Then they steamrolled us until the final section of Sanai where we held them off for a Win!

No, because the average Battlefield player is an inept casual.

You're using Battlefield Tracker as reference?
By the looks of it, Operations isn't counting towards that percentage. There aren't any stats for Operations on that site (yet), I believe.
I think it would change the percentage enormously if it did count.

Saw a guy today on PC with 100 Service Stars with the M1907 sweeper. Rounds a corner and instantly hits you from 200 meters away, magically aiming exactly where you are lying prone in the distance with three hits in a row , while moving, with the very same gun. Totally not hacking.

The Dude

Not that good lol. If there's too much distance or they get a drop on me and I'm not careful obviously it's adios. But I tried it again the other night and hit 35-40 to one death on my first life.

It's just a super easy gun to use. I don't bother with iron sights either. Roll crosshair over target and fire. If the first shot doesn't the second probably will, and the spread gives you solid wiggle room at comfortable distances.

It's a very satisfying beast.

If I'm reading you right tho, you'll get 35 to 40 kills with it before dying once? So 80 some kills and maybe 2 deaths or 3 deaths.... Every Match? I mean that to me is insane... If that's what is going on out there then lol why do I even try to compete because I'm confidently able to say I'm a pretty good well rounded player not just in bf but in life, I'm not the best but I'm nowhere close to the worst and a lot higher than average. And while getting kills with the hunter is easy, doesn't mean the game tho practically becomes my bitch as maps, people I'm against etc... Dictates a ton of it.

I can go 40 50 60 kills but I'm aggressive and I'll die 20 30 some times most likely . But using the hunter doesn't change spawns I don't see behind me, or when I get bum rushed by guys.... I mean I'm tryin to understand the way some of you guys are making it seem like when you equip the hunter 50 kills is obtainable even if you're controlling the game with your dick and balls, like effortlessly the hunter lets me close my eyes and wallah...40 to 50 kills before dying. That's insane unless someone sits and camps, because there's so many so many situations where that random nade or someone is sitting and just lookin to snipe someone is so unavoidable, it just is.

I just am trying to say that the game doesn't instantly become easy where I can run and do anything. There are some good players I run into. And the hunter just doesn't change that, it's a good gun but it still requires me to work and battle, I can't just waltz around with it but it makes it seem like obviously I'm doing something wrong since to everyone else they use the gun and have a 40/1 kd ratio with it, which maybe every so often against some scrubs... But every.. Single... Match?

You're using Battlefield Tracker as reference?
By the looks of it, Operations isn't counting towards that percentage. There aren't any stats for Operations on that site (yet), I believe.
I think it would change the percentage enormously if it did count.

What makes you think Operations doesn't count on Battlefield Tracker? My score has been going up by leaps and bounds the past few days and that's primarily because I've been sticking to Operations (which has far and away the highest score per minute, all other things being equal).

What makes you think Operations doesn't count on Battlefield Tracker? My score has been going up by leaps and bounds the past few days and that's primarily because I've been sticking to Operations (which has far and away the highest score per minute, all other things being equal).

If you check Gamemode by score on this page, Operations isn't represented: https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/insights
Also, if you check the gamemode leaderboards, there isn't any data for Operations.

It does however show up on your personal data page, so that's weird.

thejpfin

Saw a guy today on PC with 100 Service Stars with the M1907 sweeper. Rounds a corner and instantly hits you from 200 meters away, magically aiming exactly where you are lying prone in the distance with three hits in a row , while moving, with the very same gun. Totally not hacking.

Maybe that guy is using a controller? PC version has aim assist like console versions if you plug controller. Though I'm not sure how strong that aim assist is.

I've said many times that it definitely is more potent post-patch because of the buckshot multiplier being 'fixed'

My issue with it being nerfed is that the only alternatives are not as good. The model 10 factory is probably the only comparable. Yes the Trench gun has better fire rate but the spread is too high. Yes the 12g slug has the same range but the power is worse.

What you say about storming trenches with it is absolutely bang on. It's the perfect weapon for that scenario.

For the people saying they get 40+ kills per death I just straight up don't believe it unless they are camping objectives in conquest. Playing operations (properly) it's just not possible simple as that.

I consistently get in the top 5 (mainly because our medics always top the game, probably because of all my deaths/revives) and my KDR is 1.28. I might get 60 kills but I'll get like 45 deaths.

I'd get a much higher KDR if I ran around like a bitch hipfiring with the MP18 or the Hellriegel but I'm not in it for the KDR. I'm in it for the relentless objective attention. Shotgun is the perfect gun for the role I play.

For reference I did use the 12g and the trench last night and still ended up in the same position so it's definitely more to do with being a good shotty user than just that gun being massively OP. I do agree a n00b would have more chance of getting the odd kill here and there with the model 10 hunter but it's not like it's an instant 80 kills a game weapon. You do actually have to be good with it.

And counting for less than 5% of all kills with the shotgun I'd assume it's safe from nerfing once again :)

The Dude

I've said many times that it definitely is more potent post-patch because of the buckshot multiplier being 'fixed'

My issue with it being nerfed is that the only alternatives are not as good. The model 10 factory is probably the only comparable. Yes the Trench gun has better fire rate but the spread is too high. Yes the 12g slug has the same range but the power is worse.

What you say about storming trenches with it is absolutely bang on. It's the perfect weapon for that scenario.

For the people saying they get 40+ kills per death I just straight up don't believe it unless they are camping objectives in conquest. Playing operations (properly) it's just not possible simple as that.

I consistently get in the top 5 (mainly because our medics always top the game, probably because of all my deaths/revives) and my KDR is 1.28. I might get 60 kills but I'll get like 45 deaths.

I'd get a much higher KDR if I ran around like a bitch hipfiring with the MP18 or the Hellriegel but I'm not in it for the KDR. I'm in it for the relentless objective attention. Shotgun is the perfect gun for the role I play.

For reference I did use the 12g and the trench last night and still ended up in the same position so it's definitely more to do with being a good shotty user than just that gun being massively OP. I do agree a n00b would have more chance of getting the odd kill here and there with the model 10 hunter but it's not like it's an instant 80 kills a game weapon. You do actually have to be good with it.

And counting for less than 5% of all kills with the shotgun I'd assume it's safe from nerfing once again :)

Pretty much where I'm at with it. Like I find it situational, but I have like over 1000 with the mg15 and hellriegel, I simply find them more versatile. I love good shotgun fun but I battle hard with or without it..

When people kill me with it, it's typically my fault for not being more prepared

Pretty much where I'm at with it. Like I find it situational, but I have like over 1000 with the mg15 and hellriegel, I simply find them more versatile. I love good shotgun fun but I battle hard with or without it..

When people kill me with it, it's typically my fault for not being more prepared

Completely agree. If someone out shotguns me it's because they are either a better player - got me from behind (my fault) - short range got the drop on me (my fault).
I set myself up for deaths because of constantly trying to sit on a flag attacking it.

I completely understand people moaning about it because the OHKO annoys people more than getting sniped with an SMG for some reason but it's not as bad and not as much of an impact as people make out... at least not on ps4 and at least not on operations.

The Dude

Yea, I have about 300 or so kills with it.. Not many, but I enjoy using it when the situation calls for it. But I've yet to find a reason to call for a nerf when I die to it.. The dudes who have killed me with it I typically can get by either outsmarting them or getting them in the field.

What they simply need to do is make other shotguns a little more viable.

Yea, I have about 300 or so kills with it.. Not many, but I enjoy using it when the situation calls for it. But I've yet to find a reason to call for a nerf when I die to it.. The dudes who have killed me with it I typically can get by either outsmarting them or getting them in the field.

What they simply need to do is make other shotguns a little more viable.

That is honestly the better option. If they nerf one... it leaves no viable replacement

I'll go on record to say they won't. Not yet at least. It just doesn't get enough use to warrant it.

And I do go on record to say it wouldn't exactly hurt it much if it did get nerfed back to pre-patch levels.

The Dude

That is honestly the better option. If they nerf one... it leaves no viable replacement

I'll go on record to say they won't. Not yet at least. It just doesn't get enough use to warrant it.

And I do go on record to say it wouldn't exactly hurt it much if it did get nerfed back to pre-patch levels.

I just don't want them to totally kill it. Because even if they tone the range a bit down, people will still whine. It's like the only way it'll be good is when nobody uses it anymore, that's how I've always noticed user bases act with stuff like this. Because they will patch it, but the minute someone dies from it they'll still say "OMG it needs nerfed more". It's just annoying because that's the typical gamer mind set to nerf everything, which I hate

Theorry

The shotguns in this game need a nerf.All I play is operations and 80% of my deaths are from the Model 10A

giphy.gif

I've used this and don't get kills at that range, I barely tickle people. Is it possible there's a difference between PC and console?

That range is definitely too much.

It's simply not a fair experiment. I've used it continuously and I'm level 72 with 27 service stars.

I rarely get kills like that. 1 or 2 a night perhaps.

PS4 here

Service medal for the Kolibri is in the bag :)
Was pretty fun using it, but it feels good to use something more powerful. Hell, the regular side arms feel like a pocket canon after using the Kolibri for so long.

iRwbJdJ.jpg

Next goal: Spot Flare service medal. That's gonna take a while I'm afraid..

Top Bottom