• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Is something going on? Just tried to start a couple matches of operations and every time I could get enough people to start a round...

PS4

Service medal for the Kolibri is in the bag :)
Was pretty fun using it, but it feels good to use something more powerful. Hell, the regular side arms feel like a pocket canon after using the Kolibri for so long.

iRwbJdJ.jpg

Next goal: Spot Flare service medal. That's gonna take a while I'm afraid..

giphy.gif

terrible

Banned
I've used this and don't get kills at that range, I barely tickle people. Is it possible there's a difference between PC and console?

That range is definitely too much.

If you stop moving for a split second before you fire you can pull off one hit kills at that range pretty consistently. Same idea goes for most guns, moving spread is worse than standing spread. Stop before you shoot for the best accuracy.

Service medal for the Kolibri is in the bag :)
Was pretty fun using it, but it feels good to use something more powerful. Hell, the regular side arms feel like a pocket canon after using the Kolibri for so long.

iRwbJdJ.jpg

Next goal: Spot Flare service medal. That's gonna take a while I'm afraid..

If you have a friend to play with you can sit on an ammo bag and spam the heck out of flares to get that in no time haha.

If you stop moving for a split second before you fire you can pull off one hit kills at that range pretty consistently. Same idea goes for most guns, moving spread is worse than standing spread. Stop before you shoot for the best accuracy.

calculating.gif

Calculating.....

Is this true? This is a massive gamechanger for me if so....

terrible

Banned
calculating.gif

Calculating.....

Is this true? This is a massive gamechanger for me if so....

Yeah it's true. There's a standing spread, crouched spread, and a prone spread too.

For the Model 10 Hunter:

Not moving
Standing: .4
Crouch: .3
Prone: .2

Moving
Standing: .6
Crouch: .5
Prone: .4

I know it doesn't really mean anything just looking at the numbers like that but you get the idea. Lower = better.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Is something going on? Just tried to start a couple matches of operations and every time I could get enough people to start a round...

PS4

It's been that way for me since release and after the patch all games modes except Conquest are empty.
The matchmaker is kinda busted at the moment i think, which region are you from ?

Yeah it's true. There's a standing spread, crouched spread, and a prone spread too.

For the Model 10 Hunter:

Not moving
Standing: .4
Crouch: .3
Prone: .2

Moving
Standing: .6
Crouch: .5
Prone: .4

I know it doesn't really mean anything just looking at the numbers like that but you get the idea. Lower = better.

Zach-Galifianakis.gif

This will help alot - cheers for that mate - also prepare for all the 'nerf the shotty dropshot' because I will abuse the shit out of that

Is there room for causal players? Online ofc,

Yes mate course there is, none of us are pro gamers (that I'm aware of) so UKps4Gaf sounds right for you if you got PS4

Add Luvs_2_Squidge as a friend and I'll add you to our community and group chat. We've got a big gaf vs gaf match planned for Saturday 26th at 22:00 so yeah :)

Donos

For a big budget game like this, the laggy menues and problems with "quitting" after a match are really ridiculous. I haven't bothered with reviews but am interested if some even mentioned this.

Theorry

For a big budget game like this, the laggy menues and problems with "quitting" after a match are really ridiculous. I haven't bothered with reviews but am interested if some even mentioned this.

Offcourse not. Thats the problem with reviews. Recore got destroyed because of long loading times. But compared to BF1 its nothing. Amiens takes 3 min.

So I've hit a few airplanes with anti-tank rockets as the assault class. They don't even take it it down :(. Maybe I I need to hit the body though I'm pretty sure I did.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
At this point i truly believe that Disagree Guy is made of .gifs

terrible

Banned
Zach-Galifianakis.gif

This will help alot - cheers for that mate - also prepare for all the 'nerf the shotty dropshot' because I will abuse the shit out of that

I only panic dropshot when I have no clue where I'm getting hit from and usually I just die looking like a complete moron. The delay before you can fire kills any potential for abuse.

The stopping before firing thing is pretty important though. If I have someone's back I pretty much always stop for a split second before firing a shotgun. Your shot consistency goes through the roof if you do that. I shouldn't be telling people this lol.

At this point i truly believe that Disagree Guy is made of .gifs

I'm actually nearly 90% bullshit with 10% Gif

I only panic dropshot when I have no clue where I'm getting hit from and usually I just die looking like a complete moron. The delay before you can fire kills any potential for abuse.

The stopping before firing thing is pretty important though. If I have someone's back I pretty much always stop for a split second before firing a shotgun. Your shot consistency goes through the roof if you do that. I shouldn't be telling people this lol.

You should. You should. I am a hyper-active mo fucka with the shotty, always moving. Now I know this..... gamechanger

Donos

Since i want to profit too from the model 10 fuckery before they patch it, i started playing assault today (only played medic) but i see that you need lvl 3 assault for it. Do the lvl unlock from kills or points?

Since i want to profit too from the model 10 fuckery before they patch it, i started playing assault today (only played medic) but i see that you need lvl 3 assault for it. Do the lvl unlock from kills or points?

They go up from points and from my experience you only need to win a few operations and it'll be there in no time.

Three nights ago one of the UKps4Gaf crew was level 4 scout
He popped level 10 last night - thats like 10 games and it went up 6 levels?

Donos

Thanks, so conquest 64 with good squad leader is probably still the fastest to lvl up or is it operations? Sorry for my stupid questions.

Edit: thx, D Guy, so Operations it is. I usually manage 1-2 operations every night with my playtime.

Thanks, so conquest 64 with good squad leader is probably still the fastest to lvl up or is it operations? Sorry for my stupid questions.

Edit: thx, D Guy, so Operations it is. I usually manage 1-2 operations every night with my playtime.

I'd stick to 40 man too. It's easier to get points and less of a clusterfuck.

Also - you on ps4? You could roll with our group and rack up the points in no time

Add Luvs_2_Squidge if so

Attacking and winning Operations is the fastest way really.

Bang on

Sharpfish

Not checked lately, is this game still way, way worse than BF4? All show and no go and hardly anything to bother unlocking.

Can't wait for a proper follow up to BF4. Not this battlefronty shiat.

test_account

XP-39C²
I know this was asked earlier, but when you play Operations, do your score in one map gets added when its over? As in, you get the score, but no potential multiplier bonus? I played Kaiserschlacht now as attackers, i got maybe 13k points on the first map. Then we played the 2nd map, which we also won, then i got about 10k points. Then we got a 2.5x multiplier, but the final score said 25k.

Theorry

I know this was asked earlier, but when you play Operations, do your score in one map gets added when its over? As in, you get the score, but no potential multiplier bonus? I played Kaiserschlacht now as attackers, i got maybe 13k points on the first map. Then we played the 2nd map, which we also won, then i got about 10k points. Then we got a 2.5x multiplier, but the final score said 25k.

Because the multiplier is only for the last map. :)
Every map has its own score.

Yes dont do it. Horrible game.

You post here all the time for someone who think's it's horrible haha

It counts the seperate maps as seperate win/loss I know that much and I do think you earn the score for each map but you only get a multiplier for the overall W/L of the operation

test_account

XP-39C²
Because the multiplier is only for the last map. :)
Every map has its own score.
It counts the seperate maps as seperate win/loss I know that much and I do think you earn the score for each map but you only get a multiplier for the overall W/L of the operation
Understood. Thanks. Would be nice if they added the total score instead :)

EDIT: And another thing, why did they remove the puzzle pieces from the packs? Now its only possible to get squad boost.

Understood. Thanks. Would be nice if they added the total score instead :)

EDIT: And another thing, why did they remove the puzzle pieces from the packs? Now its only possible to get squad boost.

My guess would be that they are timed and some new melee weapon requiring puzzle pieces will come out in future. Like a hatchet attachment to the gun rather than bayonet

Okay things are getting weird.

I come back to the game the next day to always see battlepacks waiting for me, even if I didn't earn them at the end of round.

Just earned 3 now.

Also got this on my end. Vehicle skins incoming?

7Sa9Idph.jpg

Been trying the updated Operations a little and I actually prefer the higher ticket count. Matches are lasting longer and as a result there's time for some ebb and flow style gameplay to happen.

When you first ADS it does but if the person is moving you need to track them yourself.

Just keep popping in and out of ADS and you'll be ok haha

The game has sticky auto-aim too.

Xyber

Not checked lately, is this game still way, way worse than BF4? All show and no go and hardly anything to bother unlocking.

Can't wait for a proper follow up to BF4. Not this battlefronty shiat.

Because playing the game for the unlocks is the only way to have fun anymore.

I feel sad for all the people who needs the carrot on a stick to have fun with a game. Personally I would have everything unlocked from the start and nothing locked behind any level or currency barriers.

I play games for the fun gameplay, not the progression to my next attachment.

Noooo, not usable trains haha, no way.

I thought as much. You hate that shit haha

Been trying the updated Operations a little and I actually prefer the higher ticket count. Matches are lasting longer and as a result there's time for some ebb and flow style gameplay to happen.

The higher ticket count - great. A good addition.

Coupled with;
More weight on flags for attackers
Less time taken to cap flag
50 extra tickets per sector take
3 tickets back per retreat kill

That's so OP for the attackers it's ridiculous. UKps4Gaf has played 15 matches since our last loss. 2 have been defence (held on first map) - the other 13 have been attacking.

Most of the time we don't even lose 30 tickets on any 1 sector. We've beaten Iron Walls first map in 8 minutes and then 13 minutes when they actually got to the bunker before we did.

Not trying to stealth brag at all - this is just an example that attacking is ridiculously OP. It's not even a challenge at ALL!!

We've had multiple people end games with zero deaths because we just overwhelm the defenders - people rage quit - makes it even easier.

I thought as much. You hate that shit haha

The higher ticket count - great. A good addition.

Coupled with;
More weight on flags for attackers
Less time taken to cap flag
50 extra tickets per sector take
3 tickets back per retreat kill

That's so OP for the attackers it's ridiculous. UKps4Gaf has played 15 matches since our last loss. 2 have been defence (held on first map) - the other 13 have been attacking.

Most of the time we don't even lose 30 tickets on any 1 sector. We've beaten Iron Walls first map in 8 minutes and then 13 minutes when they actually got to the bunker before we did.

Not trying to stealth brag at all - this is just an example that attacking is ridiculously OP. It's not even a challenge at ALL!!

We've had multiple people end games with zero deaths because we just overwhelm the defenders - people rage quit - makes it even easier.

Yeah, all of this. As much as I like it when we whitewash a team - showing our clear superiority, I don't like it when it's too easy too often. I like a challenge. More fun.

Like that moment on Kaiser a few weeks ago when we won with 0 tickets.

Yeah, all of this. As much as I like it when we whitewash a team - showing our clear superiority, I don't like it when it's too easy too often. I like a challenge. More fun.

Like that moment on Kaiser a few weeks ago when we won with 0 tickets.

Pre-patch;
Never struggled with Oil of Empires or Iron Walls attacking

Post-Patch;
Whitewash every single map

You aren't wrong, I enjoy a challenge too. You've gotta think they'll reverse some of these changes at next patch. Surely attackers must win like 90% of the time now.... I fail to see how you'd lose even with only a few people dedicated playing objectives

source.gif

The shotgun range is fine..

You stopped for a split second - reducing spread
ADS - reduced spread

Also it wasn't from a ridiculous range really..... Still hipfire MP18, Automatico or pistol range

I normally keep running and ADS so I would take two to kill him.

Yes a OHKO is possible but it's not the 'always happens' scenario

Also was this PC? People do seem to moan about this more on PC
Also was it a headshot? Why was it 120 points...

Top Bottom