• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

terrible

Banned
You stopped for a split second - reducing spread
ADS - reduced spread

Also it wasn't from a ridiculous range really..... Still hipfire MP18, Automatico or pistol range

I normally keep running and ADS so I would take two to kill him.

Yes a OHKO is possible but it's not the 'always happens' scenario

Also was this PC? People do seem to moan about this more on PC
Also was it a headshot? Why was it 120 points...

That's PS4. I think every body part does 1.0 damage now with that gun (head, chest, arms, legs) so headshot doesn't really matter I don't think. I could only see half his body too. Pretty crazy. 120 points, not sure. Maybe a squad XP bonus was active?

The Dude

Yea that scenario is definitely not the norm. In the video I posted there were a few where I ADS and was on the dude but it didn't kill him. I move nonstop to pretty much so a moment like that would of been a 2 shot for me like DG said

That's PS4. I think every body part does 1.0 damage now with that gun (head, chest, arms, legs) so headshot doesn't really matter I don't think. I could only see half his body too. Pretty crazy. 120 points, not sure. Maybe a squad XP bonus was active?

I was saying to someone else earlier I maybe get a handful of kills like that a night compared to the 2 or 3 service stars I get with it.

It happens - nobody disputes that but I don't think it's as regular as people say

That being said - you are a much better player than me so maybe you got the nack haha

terrible

Banned
I get multiple kills like that per match in Domination and matches are only like 8-10 minutes I believe. It's the split second stop before firing.

When there's lag though, damn. I can press the barrel to their chest and not kill them. That's one thing I don't like about shotguns, they are the worst guns to use when there are server issues.

I get multiple kills like that per match in Domination and matches are only like 8-10 minutes I believe. It's the split second stop before firing.

When there's lag though, damn. I can press the barrel to their chest and not kill them. That's one thing I don't like about shotguns, they are the worst guns to use when there are server issues.

It's way worse on the other shotty too. Trench and 12g suffer massively from inconsistency.
I do get those moments where 'hit-markers' are prevalent. Hell I've had periods where I am well within OHKO range and had to hit some peasant four times to take him down.

Personally I'd say it evens itself out. The amount of 'maybe shouldn't have killed that guy' is about the same as the 'MP18 rapes me from across the map'.

terrible

Banned
HrKY4rF.png
FV4CcFz.png

This guy seems to like it when I use a shotgun too

terrible

Banned
I'll never understand how someone can get angry enough in a game to message someone like that. I got him a good 3-4 more times after those messages, one from a pretty extreme range too.

Unfortunately the stat tracking doesn't appear to be accurate, at least for me, at least for some things. The amount of Heavy tanks and landships I've destroyed should be much higher than the stat tracking dictates.

terrible

Banned
Never once got hate mail.... Feels bad man

You are a massive scrub though, it's gotta be said.

Lol at one point people were falling from the sky (jumping out windows I guess) and I was killing them in mid air.

It seems like people get really mad in Domination. I haven't had any hate mail in other modes but it's consistent in Dom.

Lol at one point people were falling from the sky (jumping out windows I guess) and I was killing them in mid air.

It seems like people get really mad in Domination. I haven't had any hate mail in other modes but it's consistent in Dom.

People getting dominated in domination.

You monster.

Xyber

People getting mad you are using close range weapons in a close range game mode.

What kind of monster are you, why aren't you sniping so they have a better chance at killing you?

bosseye

Man operations with 64 is just a cluster fuck of monstrous proportions, 40 is the sweet spot.

I think I must be the only person on GAF who likes 64 player operations. I love the chaotic nature of it. When you take a sector as attackers and the whistles blow and the music kicks in and you're all charging to the next sector, screaming raaaaaaaarghhhhh. Epic.

Toa TAK

Banned
I think I must be the only person on GAF who likes 64 player operations. I love the chaotic nature of it. When you take a sector as attackers and the whistles blow and the music kicks in and you're all charging to the next sector, screaming raaaaaaaarghhhhh. Epic.
You and me both, bro.

Battlefield to me are these large chaotic battles.

Ghazi

I haven't used shotguns yet, but with the maps being as large as they are they need to have good range on them otherwise they'd be useless for gunfights not in an enclosed space.

bosseye

You and me both, bro.

Battlefield to me are these large chaotic battles.

Does make me wonder how anyone actually survived WW1. I assume they weren't quite as gung ho as I am, but even so. Gas everywhere, mortars raining down, bullets zipping past your head, tanks rumbling by, it's so aggressive. I also assume real soldiers weren't having a jolly old time like me, but there we go.

Toa TAK

Banned
Does make me wonder how anyone actually survived WW1. I assume they weren't quite as gung ho as I am, but even so. Gas everywhere, mortars raining down, bullets zipping past your head, tanks rumbling by, it's so aggressive. I also assume real soldiers weren't having a jolly old time like me, but there we go.
Thank God it's a game. I wouldn't make it last 1 second.

Most didn't even last. And if the game had mud you'd probably die in that, too.

Not to mention the sanitation and disease in the trenches. It was a gruesome war. Even more so because modern strategy has not been tested before, things like combined arms didn't exist until late war so it was a long period of trying out everything they could think of hoping it would work.

Pandy

HrKY4rF.png
FV4CcFz.png

This guy seems to like it when I use a shotgun too

Not shotgun related, but I got my first BF1 'fan' mail the other day accusing me of camping in a game of Conquest.

Not only was I "camping" within the capture zone of a central point on the map which was receiving regular enemy attacks (I forget the name, but a 5 control point map and my squad was holding 'C' in the middle), but the mail didn't come from a disgruntled squad leader or team-mate that wanted me to press the attack, it came from a player I'd killed repeatedly on the other team as they ran into the middle of the capture zone without clearing it first.

When's hardcore mode going live? I can't wait to get away from these fools.

I haven't used shotguns yet, but with the maps being as large as they are they need to have good range on them otherwise they'd be useless for gunfights not in an enclosed space.

You know where you are spawning in battlefield, if you are close to the enemy or an area of map with shorter ranges, you take a shotgun, and proceed to wreck face

DarkestHour

Banned
Game is really exciting but extremely quiet. Have to turn my PC audio to 100 and it is still very quiet where other games blow my ears out at that level.

So, I finally played some with the Model 10 and, holly crap, I'm like a pro now. It really feels like I'm cheating, like someone said some pages ago. This thing needs a nerf pronto!

Alpende

Why did they decide to not let you work on medal goals simultaneously? It's ridiculous I first have to get 75 vehicle damage before it can track 10 vehicle disables.

EDIT:

And yet again, the quit button results in an infinite loading screen. That shit has never worked. Jesus, the quit button didn't do shit and just put me in the next game anyway. The only reason I returned to the main menu was because the server kicked me from being idle. Come on DICE.

Heysoos

Are the medals broken? I'm doing that do 75 damage to enemy vehicle or whatever, and I've destroyed and disabled god knows how many tanks now and I'm still sitting at 24/75. I've taken multiple tanks solo in 1v1 battles and gotten down all the way down to destroyed by myself and medal progress is not moving at all.

Alpende

Are the medals broken? I'm doing that do 75 damage to enemy vehicle or whatever, and I've destroyed and disabled god knows how many tanks now and I'm still sitting at 24/75. I've taken multiple tanks solo in 1v1 battles and gotten down all the way down to destroyed by myself and medal progress is not moving at all.

I had to do 75 damage first and now it supposedly keeps track of disable tanks. I know I disabled a shitton of tanks before doing 75 vehicle damage. It's stupid.

Top Bottom