• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Alpende

pWKPmx7.gif

Looool

The Dude

So, I finally played some with the Model 10 and, holly crap, I'm like a pro now. It really feels like I'm cheating, like someone said some pages ago. This thing needs a nerf pronto!

These types of posts make no sense to me. I mean lol I've never grabbed a gun in a game that I find fun, useful and powerful and said nerf it! What in the literal fuck

I mean please post a few match segments, I want to see you lay waste to a whole team so that I can gather what you're speaking of.

What I'm getting annoyed by is people are OMG this gun turns me into Jesus, nerf it....yet I've not see really anything in terms of pure domination in a match. No clips of people just supposedly being so amazingly good with it that it's like they're hacking, I mean come the fuck on

These types of posts make no sense to me. I mean lol I've never grabbed a gun in a game that I find fun, useful and powerful and said nerf it! What in the literal fuck

I mean please post a few match segments, I want to see you lay waste to a whole team so that I can gather what you're speaking of.

What I'm getting annoyed by is people are OMG this gun turns me into Jesus, nerf it....yet I've not see really anything in terms of pure domination in a match. No clips of people just supposedly being so amazingly good with it that it's like they're hacking, I mean come the fuck on

Well, I went from a okayish player to a god that makes a lot of difference on the teams that I play, with absurd K/D ratios (for me, anyways). Is it fun? Oh yeah, a lot. But I also know that this is the kind of thing that would ultimately drive me away from the game. Leavin planes aside, I like to enjoy everything and every gun. Now I don't have any reason whatsoever to play if a slow rifle, something that I actually have to put some effort to, or a hard to manage LMG because there is a "point-and-click gun" in the game.

Edit: Oh, I'll definitely will make some video abou it. It's just ridiculous.

The Dude

Well, I went from a okayish player to a god that makes a lot of difference on the teams that I play, with absurd K/D ratios (for me, anyways). Is it fun? Oh yeah, a lot. But I also know that this is the kind of thing that would ultimately drive me away from the game. Leavin planes aside, I like to enjoy everything and every gun. Now I don't have any reason whatsoever to play if a slow rifle, something that I actually have to put some effort to, or a hard to manage LMG because there is a "point-and-click gun" in the game.

I don't understand though how effort is off the table. I mean you can just walk around and nobody even remotely is a challenge anymore? No 2 on 1, no snipers, nobody with a lmg that takes you down? You just now are playing a tell tale game and 100 kills and 2 deaths is now yours?

I mean what exactly does this all mean. How is there no effort anymore, or are you referring to camping a bunker and just sitting there waiting for sorry souls to run by?

yup its a really fun weapon to use. but it outclasses every other weapon at that range. it's way to easy to get around 5 kills without reloading at such an aggressive distance. cant do that with an automatico or the hellreigel, that's for sure.

If you kill 5 people with a shotty and none of them noticed and killed you after the first one or two, they deserved to die.

Heysoos

I had to do 75 damage first and now it supposedly keeps track of disable tanks. I know I disabled a shitton of tanks before doing 75 vehicle damage. It's stupid.

Yeah, I just don't get it. What constitutes 75 damage? Like I said, I've destroyed so many vehicles and tanks, in 1v1 battles even and the damage meter is not going up at all. I've done a ton of damage to behemoths, with this squad mate constantly resupplying me while I shot the tank with the anti tank thing, and it doesn't want to go up at all.

Theorry

The Trench Fighter plane is just OP against the Behemoth. One you are fast so the AA on the behemoth almost cant hit you. Second the bombs do crazy damage. First do damage with your main gun and fly over and drop bombs. Me and a buddy both used one and 90 seconds later it was down. With some help of AA's but not much.

Naudi

Banned
Shotguns are perfect I think. I love going on rampages with them but if you miss even 1 shot you are done against anyone worth a shit. If they took 2 shots to kill then they would never get used. Even the range is right I think, every once in a while I'm surprised but usually it only does 30ish per shot from afar and I only survive if the dude sucks.

terrible

Banned
There's a 200 ticket sniper only 200% damage TDM server on PS4 that's actually populated. That was actually kind of fun. Everyone is using the 1895 of course lol.

edit: I finally put autoaim on after seeing how strong it is in this game in a youtube vid. LOL why is it like this? I've been at a huge disadvantage all this time, it locks onto people when you ADS.

Fao fortress is garbage tier, did they even play tested that map?

Ya its the only map i really dont like in the game. From the time of day to the overall layout, i really hate it. Its the only one that makes me want to quit out of the server.

E and F are too far to the point where if you go there to get them you dont bother ever coming back to B and C. Snipers everywhere, very little cover. If youre at B and try to get to E or F and theres snipers there, good luck. Its a terribly designed map. It doesnt promote movement at all. Youre either at E and F the whole game or B and C the whole game. Its shit.

Theorry

Cant wait in a couple of months when all the casuals are gone. Horrible experience now in Conquest with people who dont have clue what they are doing.

terrible

Banned
Cant wait in a couple of months when all the casuals are gone. Horrible experience now in Conquest with people who dont have clue what they are doing.

I just hope they allow custom servers to disable the skill based matchmaking. That's hurting my fun most of all. It keeps stacking the teams in such a way that I have to completely carry my team or we lose every time. I'm not exaggerating either, only the first match before the autobalance kicks in is any fun. The way it was in BF4 was 100 times better.

Pastry

Banned
Lawdy.

Just went 51-18 on Argonne as a medic with the SL Sweeper. My favorite setup for Argonne as a medic is the frag grenade launcher and syringe. You can just shoot grenades onto the bridge at C and cleanup while they're trying to capture it.

Orcus

Almost at 1k score per minute. 995
I assume this SPM is from the Battlefield 1 companion app or website? Does anyone know what the difference is between this SPM is and the SPM given on the personal tab at the end of round screen? They seem to be pretty far off, almost as though the one on the end of round screen doesn't count bonus or squad score.

Hahahahha oh my god that might beat the zeppelin runner man.

Just had a great defence on Conquer Hell. The organisation was intense and we absolutely destroyed it. Held 600 tickets and didn't lose third sector.

Kyliedog is seriously one hell of a pilot. The blimp got taken down in a couple minutes each time....

I'm nearly 1300 SPM

Shotguns are perfect I think. I love going on rampages with them but if you miss even 1 shot you are done against anyone worth a shit. If they took 2 shots to kill then they would never get used. Even the range is right I think, every once in a while I'm surprised but usually it only does 30ish per shot from afar and I only survive if the dude sucks.

More posts like this please. Absolutely the truth.

Pandahammer

Neo Member
Lawdy.

Just went 51-18 on Argonne as a medic with the SL Sweeper. My favorite setup for Argonne as a medic is the frag grenade launcher and syringe. You can just shoot grenades onto the bridge at C and cleanup while they're trying to capture it.
SL Sweeper and rifle nades must be op. Nerf them.

AllenShrz

Finally I was able to unlock the martini henry, fuck I LOVE that firing sound.

I have a pair of high end headphones Shure 846 and Audio 64 A8, the bass king HA-SZ2000 and the best bang for your buck the Xiaomi Mi Piston2, my god, I giggle like a kid every time I fire that gun, Im switching the headphones back and forth so see which one I like the best to match with the martini henry.

Orcus

Finally I was able to unlock the martini henry, fuck I LOVE that firing sound.

I have a pair of high end headphones Shure 846 and Audio 64 A8, the bass king HA-SZ2000 and the best bang for your buck the Xiaomi Mi Piston2, my god, I giggle like a kid every time I fire that gun, Im switching the headphones back and forth so see which one I like the best to match with the martini henry.
It's such a beast! I'm starting to anthropomorphize it and having impure thoughts.

Hardcore mode fucking sucks

Whose bright idea was it to not have a pop-up when you kill someone but still have the sound effect

It's a great idea to reduce at maximum the hud but having a kind of feedback.

The main issue is the lack of interest of a range of gadget in hardcore mode, like the flare of the scout.

The Dude

So for you pilots, what are more ways to rack up some scores? I'm still learning, I'm able to kill decently....But need more ideas as sometimes when I'm just zooming back and forth lookin for ground units I feel I could be doing something more, or is that pretty much what most do? Or is maybe tank hunting a little more profitable for score and to help your team?

Chojin

Man I love this new quit button after a match ends. On the Xbone I've been waiting more than 5 minutes for it to get back to the server selection. It would have been faster for the next round and I quit from there.

So for you pilots, what are more ways to rack up some scores? I'm still learning, I'm able to kill decently....But need more ideas as sometimes when I'm just zooming back and forth lookin for ground units I feel I could be doing something more, or is that pretty much what most do? Or is maybe tank hunting a little more profitable for score and to help your team?

For the most part you want to go Attack Plane (ground support), Bomber, and then Fighter (Trench). Attack is probably the better one over all. Bomber needs gunners to be really effective and the Fighter is just weak overall. Best way to attack is just fly as high as possible, let it stall and just come straight down on a point dropping bombs and flares. It you really want to be fancy have the sun to your back that way you’re harder to hit when diving bombing. Also if a plane gets on your tail just switch the back gunner kill him and switch back. You should have more than enough time to do that. I don’t really fuck with the bomber too much, I mainly just like to be the front gunner on it. Fighter is really tricky to do well with. The Trench variant is good, great against inf and you can also one shot a bomber with it if done right. Best advice for fighter is attack from blind spots. Try to avoid head on and tails because the gunners will destroy you in seconds. So come from below or top. That’s it really; I’m almost level 10 for pilot now it’s one of my favorite things to do. Problem is once you start killing everyone, they’ll just start manning the AA guns and it’s a pain in the ass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qi_tASPmHnM

Can anyone work out what happened here? Did I really die to the Model 10-A Hunter from that far away? It sounds like a scout just missed me then I die to the shotgun?

It played the SFX when a sniper shot is close or hits you, so I think you were hit by the sniper and the shotgunner at the same time. The sniper shot would bring you down to about 10 health or so and the shotgun can do about 15 damage from that range

Top Bottom