• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

This is bad and you should feel bad

20 packs is R500 here

I bought Dishonored 2 for that much a week ago

EA must be joking if they think thats a good pricing scheme

The sad part it's actually more than that. 20 for $30, but they're doing a 10% discount. What a steal!

The Dude

For the most part you want to go Attack Plane (ground support), Bomber, and then Fighter (Trench). Attack is probably the better one over all. Bomber needs gunners to be really effective and the Fighter is just weak overall. Best way to attack is just fly as high as possible, let it stall and just come straight down on a point dropping bombs and flares. It you really want to be fancy have the sun to your back that way you’re harder to hit when diving bombing. Also if a plane gets on your tail just switch the back gunner kill him and switch back. You should have more than enough time to do that. I don’t really fuck with the bomber too much, I mainly just like to be the front gunner on it. Fighter is really tricky to do well with. The Trench variant is good, great against inf and you can also one shot a bomber with it if done right. Best advice for fighter is attack from blind spots. Try to avoid head on and tails because the gunners will destroy you in seconds. So come from below or top. That’s it really; I’m almost level 10 for pilot now it’s one of my favorite things to do. Problem is once you start killing everyone, they’ll just start manning the AA guns and it’s a pain in the ass.

Yea everything you said is what I do pretty much with the attack plane. Nothing better than taking out a tailing plane with a seat switch. But yea, those ground turrets man...wtf... Honestly when someone gets a bead on me I really can't shake them. But I will respawn and come around a different side and kill them, which is such a feeling.

Here's a question, how does the game determine when planes spawn, is it 3 per team, sometimes it feels like they have 4...but I'm always confused how the plane spawns work

JDB

Banned
What do pilots on PC use for controls? Controller or KB/M? The default KB/M controls are terrible and switching to a controller whenever I jump into a plane is a hassle. Any pointers?

Are 40 player Operations the way to play? I did an Operation for the first time just now at 64 players and while I had a generally good time, it kind of just turned into a complete one sided clusterfuck for the last 10 minutes.

Here's a question, how does the game determine when planes spawn, is it 3 per team, sometimes it feels like they have 4...but I'm always confused how the plane spawns work

It depends on the map, but generally it's 2-3. Some maps have an extra plane spawn. For instance, capping E on Empire's Edge gives a plane spawn. So you can see up to four planes at times. Obviously planes will respawn after X amount of time from being destroy. I don't know the timer on it.

The Dude

Are 40 player Operations the way to play? I did an Operation for the first time just now at 64 players and while I had a generally good time, it kind of just turned into a complete one sided clusterfuck for the last 10 minutes.

40 is spot on, I find 64 just to be almost stupid annoying. I mean you have everyone focused in an area many times, so capping points you'll have about 900 nades just being thrown, 40 is perfect

Daigoro

yeah spawns are completely broken in this game.

really should have been the first thing addressed in the patch imo.

What FoV setting do most people use who mess with it for good results ?

Edit... Xbox one if it matters

90 FOV works for me before things get distorted looking (not 90 on the slider, it will say 90 FOV if you read the description)

The one thing I will say about this game, it has great servers. My ping is always 25-75 max. This might not sound amazing to some people. However, I’m playing on 4G from my phone, so it’s damn good for me, lol. Then I go and play TF2, it says the data server is 65ms, but I’m always over 100 ping in that game.

40 is spot on, I find 64 just to be almost stupid annoying. I mean you have everyone focused in an area many times, so capping points you'll have about 900 nades just being thrown, 40 is perfect

Ok cool, because 64 definitely had its moments and showed to me that operations seems potentially amazing. Will try 40 tomorrow night. Attacking the last point on Monte Grappa was basically impossible at 64 players.

The one thing I will say about this game, it has great servers. My ping is always 25-75 max. This might not sound amazing to some people. However, I’m playing on G4 from my phone, so it’s damn good for me, lol. Then I go and play TF2, it says the data server is 65ms, but I’m always over 100 ping in that game.

Definitely with ya. I'm usually at about a 20 ping and that stays around 20 in BF1. In Titanfall 2 the data center ping is about 20 but then in game it's 60-80. Same with Overwatch actually, I'm at around 60-80 in that too. But not BF1.

Klocker

yeah spawns are completely broken in this game.

really should have been the first thing addressed in the patch imo.

90 FOV works for me before things get distorted looking (not 90 on the slider, it will say 90 FOV if you read the description)
Cool thanks ks I think that's about where I ended up. will check in morning. Not sure how much it helps but I seem to be playing alright

Will this run in HDR on a standard PS4?

From battlefield 1 forum;

The HDR update for the vanilla PS4 is nothing but a useless menu option. The only way your going to get support for HDR is when the console is capable of 4K which the PS4PRO will be. Also, you really need a 2.0a HDMI port to push the signal which the PS4 isn't really capable of doing. So the only way your going to get HDR support on the current PS4 is through media streaming, so as of now it's basically a menu paperweight until the PRO comes out..Here is a great article explaining...Why they did this update on the current PS4 is irrelevant.

http://arstechnica.co.uk/gaming/2016/10/ps4-hdr-no-games-media-useless/

another article that goes into a lot more detail.

https://kopitiambot.com/2016/09/20/...ames-no-streaming-just-a-useless-menu-option/

JDB

Banned
Ran into a hacker who one-shot with the MG15 from hundreds of meters of away. Had 100+ kills after like one and a half waves in Operation. Can't even right click his name to report him in the scoreboard or something. 😒

Urgh that sucks, I am guessing it is the same case for other PS4 games :/

Yeah I think so. Theoretically it's possible as the PS4 OG may be possible to produce HDMI 2.0 however.....

Games would need to offer seperate features for HDR, 4K, 4k+HDR etc... and most will not do that. The OG PS4 is not capable of 4k of course.

Likewise with streaming. Amazon/netflix/youtube would need to offer seperate 4k and HDR options and at the moment they just aren't prepared to do that.

Donos

That's why i love Battlefield games and i always play big maps with vehicles/planes. You constantly have shit like this.

Capping a point prone in a bomb crater with gasmask on and suddenly a tank rolls over you, you dynamite it and then run for your life while the tank aims on you, meanwhile a Dreadnaught is shelling on the capping point and a horse is running past you missing you close with the sword. When you survive shit like this, these games (BF3 and 4 too) really shine and pump you up.

While lvling assault class i really miss the medic indicator when someone is down. That's pretty good for knowing that an enemy is around.

That's why i love Battlefield games and i always play big maps with vehicles/planes. You constantly have shit like this.

Capping a point prone in a bomb crater with gasmask on and suddenly a tank rolls over you, you dynamite it and then run for your life while the tank aims on you, meanwhile a Dreadnaught is shelling on the capping point and a horse is running past you missing you close with the sword. When you survive shit like this, these games (BF3 and 4 too) really shine and pump you up.

While lvling assault class i really miss the medic indicator when someone is down. That's pretty good for knowing that an enemy is around.

You aren't wrong. Moments like this are what makes BF games so special.

My biggest draw to this iteration has definitely been the squad play with UKps4Gaf. I can honestly say my most fun multiplayer experience to date. It's been a pleasure so far guys.

The bit about the tanks rolling over you and you end up dynamite blamming them - I can relate and it's an amazing feeling. I also like running from cover to cover towards a tank in between cannon blasts to get up close and personal. Feel like such a boss.

Sometimes it feels like I'm the only person who spots

I spot literally everything
Even if it's just 1v1 in a house I'll spot the guy before I shoot him

Pls spot folk

Sometimes it feels like I'm the only person who spots

I spot literally everything
Even if it's just 1v1 in a house I'll spot the guy before I shoot him

Pls spot folk

I do it if I am far away from them.
Being a shotty scumbag I am quite often right at the end of someone's nose when I see them so I don't always get a chance.

I concur though, spotting tanks is an absolute definite for me.

Maybe I'll get to play with UK PS4 GAF some day.

Haven't you been able to make it to the first party yet?

We had three debut's last night so there is regularly new people coming in. It fills up fast at 22:00 UK time but we always recommend setting up a second party if it does.

Fear not!

This Saturday 26th November at 22:00 UK time we are doing a big Gaf server for games against each other. 65 people in group chat and nearly 140 in community.

It should be a right laugh so try make it to that if you can

I'm not even in the community ^^

But me not playing a single match with UK Gaf is mostly down to squadding up with my Squad and having bants there. From reading up on your 'breifs' here it seems that we are way more serious while playing though.

I’m pretty sure this guy was cheating. He went 130-10 on Argonne Forest. I’ve seen other people go +100, but they're generally in tanks. Also he had a ~200 ping the whole time, which makes it really fishy.

I'm not even in the community ^^

But me not playing a single match with UK Gaf is mostly down to squadding up with my Squad and having bants there. From reading up on your 'breifs' here it seems that we are way more serious while playing though.

Add me to Luvs_2_Squidge or request to join the community on ps4 if you fancy it.

It may sound like we are a really serious group but it's actually light hearted and we have really good banter. We all get on as mates.

When we attack is even more light-hearted because we smash the crap out of people. Defending does require a bit more organisation and focus but even then it's a laugh.

meppi

For me this happens on the maps when I get loads of hit markers with the shotty

It must be something to do with lag/ping etc...

Well it's not my connection that's for sure because we've been able to confirm that this kinda stiff happens at the same time with the people I play with.
There was some really wonky stuff going on with BF4 servers and while it's nowhere near as bad, certain games are obviously way worse than others.
And this was on a regional server as well.
I can easily join overseas servers and have no issues whatsoever, but this is something that has really only started occurring after the patch.

terrible

Banned
After the patch, this game is starting to act up like BF4 for me.
Quite a bit of deaths behind cover and shit like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jqi-l0a4CSQ

Well, old BF4 anyway. BF4 in its current state doesn't do that nearly as often as BF1. Probably has something to do with BF1 servers only being 30hz. It feels like we've gone back in time.

why i'm thankful for the incredible audio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0ePo_ueCCQ

Why I'm thankful for spotting flares.

Just picked this up on PC, looking forward to jumping into this now. Amazon UK has it down to £29.99 at the moment, I waited for a discount, as I'm not paying console prices for a PC game.

vixlar

Not the same, but you can use the new kill log option: It only shows when someone on your surroundings dies.

Not the same, but you can use the new kill log option: It only shows when someone on your surroundings dies.

I also find the minimap quite useful because it tells you where shots have been fired from in that red reticle thing and a skull turns up if it's close enough by

zorbsie

Loaded the game up last night and had 2 battlepacks waiting for me, one was a superior battlepack too. Is this part of battlefest that I didn't know about? My buddy that I was playing with had nothing waiting for him.

I hate when that happens lol. I'm the jerk that'll just stand still with my barrel facing the corner where the footsteps coming from though so I usually win those chases the cheap way.

The sound design is pretty terrible in this game though, too difficult to tell which direction the footsteps are coming from. Whether I play with headphones or with TV speakers, it just sounds the footsteps are coming from me. Too many times I've stopped and turned around paranoid that someone is there.

Or someone actually is there, but I looked the wrong direction.

Loaded the game up last night and had 2 battlepacks waiting for me, one was a superior battlepack too. Is this part of battlefest that I didn't know about? My buddy that I was playing with had nothing waiting for him.

Did you pre-order it? People said the same thing on UKps4Gaf last night

The sound design is pretty terrible in this game though, too difficult to tell which direction the footsteps are coming from. Whether I play with headphones or with TV speakers, it just sounds the footsteps are coming from me. Too many times I've stopped and turned around paranoid that someone is there.

Or someone actually is there, but I looked the wrong direction.

1314959189_george_clooney__soon.gif

Soon......

Top Bottom