• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Why would you report him?

Dzo5OI.gif

Nerf everything!!!

Because he is obviously hacking? Have you ever seen someone get 140 kills on Conquest when the game is barely past 200 points for both sides? With 3 deaths, without using a vehicle?

Well, you didn't specify the game was only 200 points in.

Otherwise it'd have been alright. Good KDRs like that can happen - I remember back in the day on Resistance 1 I went 123-1 in a one hit kill match. I believe there are people good enough to go 123-3 in Battlefield 1 (not me).

But since you've said it was only 200 points in, yeah that is weird.

Otherwise it'd have been alright. Good KDRs like that can happen - I remember back in the day on Resistance 1 I went 123-1 in a one hit kill match. I believe there are people good enough to go 123-3 in Battlefield 1 (not me).

We've had guys hit this ratio before (just not that high a number) in our UKps4Gaf games. Multiple times infact people have gone whole maps without dying and not in a vehicle

terrible

Banned
The sound design is pretty terrible in this game though, too difficult to tell which direction the footsteps are coming from. Whether I play with headphones or with TV speakers, it just sounds the footsteps are coming from me. Too many times I've stopped and turned around paranoid that someone is there.

Or someone actually is there, but I looked the wrong direction.

I honestly think the sound is bugged. Sometimes I can hear footsteps better than I could in any other Battlefield and other times I'll get knifed from behind without hearing a single thing. It's not a surface thing either I don't think, ie grass being quieter or whatever, it just seems like randomly you don't get any sound from footsteps or even vehicles when you should.

Most of the time it's fine for me though.

The Dude

Personally I don't see how anyone can given the setup, without something cheap. Because this game dictates simply moments where truly there's nothing one can do, so many times I move around and scan areas, turn my head and in a second someone is behind me from a spawn nearby or just a sniper peeking around that you truly can't see. I feel anyone with that kind of ridiculous score is simply against the crap of crap and or playing cheap as fuck, or using a glitch spot just killing etc...

But that's just my opinion

THEaaron

Well, old BF4 anyway. BF4 in its current state doesn't do that nearly as often as BF1. Probably has something to do with BF1 servers only being 30hz. It feels like we've gone back in time.

Nah, PC servers run 60hz and I've encountered this issue as well. Wouldn't give the killcam too much credit. Who knows what happened there.

terrible

Banned
Nah, PC servers run 60hz and I've encountered this issue as well. Wouldn't give the killcam too much credit. Who knows what happened there.
I can't count the number of times I've gone in a door and died a good 10 feet around the corner. The tickrate is a huge issue on PS4 right now. When BF4 went to a higher tickrate it reduced the frequency of that stuff significantly.

Maybe that vid is too extreme for it to be related to that though. BF4 had kill cams that showed the wrong player at one point too so maybe that bug has returned. Lol DICE.

I can't count the number of times I've gone in a door and died a good 10 feet around the corner. The tickrate is a huge issue on PS4 right now. When BF4 went to a higher tickrate it reduced the frequency of that stuff significantly.

Maybe that vid is too extreme for it to be related to that though. BF4 had kill cams that showed the wrong player at one point too so maybe that bug has returned. Lol DICE.

Yeah I get this an awful lot - running into a building a die when I'm clearly out of sight of the guy shooting me form outside.

It always happens on the games where I struggle to OHKO with the model 10 from close range too.

terrible

Banned
Yeah I get this an awful lot - running into a building a die when I'm clearly out of sight of the guy shooting me form outside.

It always happens on the games where I struggle to OHKO with the model 10 from close range too.
Or when you get sniped when you reach the bottom of a hill and the kill cam shows a proned sniper 5 miles away through the damn hill. Won't lie, I get a bit angry when that happens.

Or when you get sniped when you reach the bottom of a hill and the kill cam shows a proned sniper 5 miles away through the damn hill. Won't lie, I get a bit angry when that happens.

After playing CoD for so many years it's surprisingly has little effect on me.

If I die to an MP18 and the guy is a tiny little red squiggle in the distance.... that rages me

You should play with us again man :)

terrible

Banned
After playing CoD for so many years it's surprisingly has little effect on me.

If I die to an MP18 and the guy is a tiny little red squiggle in the distance.... that rages me

You should play with us again man :)
I would love to have bullets that can drop to kill people on the other side of a hill. Must be a special type of sniper bullet.

I'll play again. I just haven't been on, I played BF1 for the first time in a week yesterday.

Man the life of a medic. I choose it first because I tend to like their guns the best yet I'm hardly shooting. I'm reviving and dropping med kits constantly.

I would love to have bullets that can drop to kill people on the other side of a hill. Must be a special type of sniper bullet.

I'll play again. I just haven't been on, I played BF1 for the first time in a week yesterday.

Nice one man! Sounds good.

Man the life of a medic. I choose it first because I tend to like their guns the best yet I'm hardly shooting. I'm reviving and dropping med kits constantly.

We had a medic last night or maybe couple nights ago who had ZERO kills and still finished in the top 5 on our operation

We had a medic last night or maybe couple nights ago who had ZERO kills and still finished in the top 5 on our operation
Haha I went 1-9 and came in 8th last night in victory(Conquest).

The game could use more medics like you :D
It's odd I'm not normally a medic but I started getting this gaming high of running to the front lines and doing my thing while very rarely pulling out my gun. K/d be damned but I'm having fun.

Agent

I logged in and had the two Battlepacks ready to open. I got an error when opening the regular Battlepack and it's gone now, which is annoying. At least the Superior one didn't bug out.

I also see the Battlepacks are able to be purchased now.

I logged in and had the two Battlepacks ready to open. I got an error when opening the regular Battlepack and it's gone now, which is annoying. At least the Superior one didn't bug out.

I also see the Battlepacks are able to be purchased now.

giphy.gif

Yeah sadly they are ridiculously expensive for random skin drops.

terrible

Banned
Haha I went 1-9 and came in 8th last night in victory(Conquest).

It's odd I'm not normally a medic but I started getting this gaming high of running to the front lines and doing my thing while very rarely pulling out my gun. K/d be damned but I'm having fun.

Do you have any syringe kills yet?

i had 2 battle packs too. one premium(for having premium)and the other standard but i think the standard one was for a vehicle skin but turned out to be a gun skin. i think vehicle skins are on their way

Agent

giphy.gif

Yeah sadly they are ridiculously expensive for random skin drops.

I was pretty shocked at the price to be honest for what they are. They are also clever in only selling the cheapest ones, which ensure you probably won't get the Legendary/Distinguished skins that most people would really want. Also, the fact you can still get duplicates makes it feel like a rip off.

If they're going to sell Battlepacks, at least sell all versions of it. I'm not a fan of the system, but understand it is an additional revenue source for the Developer. At least make it feel a bit less of a scam.

Redders

Lol yeah apparently. I haven't done it yet but I've tried a few times and failed.

I have 2 kills with the syringe, both were from walking up behind snipers. You do have to be pretty much standing on them for it to work.

I have 1 death from a syringe also, I was sprinting round a corner of a building and a medic was stood there with his syringe out, jabbed me before I could react haha.

I have 2 kills with the syringe, both were from walking up behind snipers. You do have to be pretty much standing on them for it to work.

I have 1 death from a syringe also, I was sprinting round a corner of a building and a medic was stood there with his syringe out, jabbed me before I could react haha.

Why doesn't it surprise me that you've got kills with it? haha

I wouldn't be surprised if you told me you killed someone with the god damn gas mask

terrible

Banned

Haha yeah it really seems like you have to be close.

Can you kill Elites with a syringe do you think? Please tell me you can.

Redders

Why doesn't it surprise me that you've got kills with it? haha

I wouldn't be surprised if you told me you killed someone with the god damn gas mask

Had to be done, sign of a true medic. Taking a life with the tool to give life!

If only that could be done, perhaps a suggestion for the next patch.

Haha yeah it really seems like you have to be close.

Can you kill Elites with a syringe do you think? Please tell me you can.

No idea, worth a shot next time I get close enough to one I think.

What do pilots on PC use for controls? Controller or KB/M? The default KB/M controls are terrible and switching to a controller whenever I jump into a plane is a hassle. Any pointers?

I used to use just the keyboard on BF2 to fly, but since they made the flying suck shit I have switched to an Xbox one controller.

I really want to use my hotas, but the planes feel so light and arcadey it would probably feel terrible.

Wtf this guy is insane, he just runs round stabbing people and it's like they don't even know he is there

Meanwhile I spawn and get shot by 50 different people

Hahahaha! That's up there with blimp man for play of the week.

I thought you'd love it.

This is how I try to play with the shotty but this guy just goes full berserker. If syringe is OHKO like that then it's fucking lethal!

Picked up a case of 4 monsters. The code is seal inside the box and its already been used. wtf? O well.

Didn't something like this happen with Destiny and Red Bull last year? I remember reading about how the codes were all the same except for the last couple digits so people were just brute forcing them and basically stealing codes on actual cans.

The sound design is pretty terrible in this game though, too difficult to tell which direction the footsteps are coming from. Whether I play with headphones or with TV speakers, it just sounds the footsteps are coming from me. Too many times I've stopped and turned around paranoid that someone is there.

Or someone actually is there, but I looked the wrong direction.
Agreed. Audio quality and sound design is nice if you wanna talk about authenticity and all, but in terms of gamey sound design Overwatch blows it out of the water.

Didn't something like this happen with Destiny and Red Bull last year? I remember reading about how the codes were all the same except for the last couple digits so people were just brute forcing them and basically stealing codes on actual cans.

Yep I remember that with Destiny ( I was playing destiny back then).

Alpende

Operations is not for me I think. Played it a couple of times, get dropped in the defender team and get steamrolled. It's basically a glorified Rush with story elements.

Top Bottom