• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Just saw an enemy medic with a KDR of 140/3 mid match on PC on Suez. On foot, without using a vehicle. How do you report players on PC?

It's a pain in the ass.

Open your Friends List
Click the '+Add a Friend' button
Search for the ID of the user you want to report
Click on their name to open the user's Profile
Click 'Report User' and tell us what sort of problem you're having

Otherwise, we recommend that you submit any or all of the following:

The screenname, Gamertag, PlayStation™Network online ID or ID of the offender
A screenshot of the action as it is taking place
A screenshot of the main score screen

I didn't report the guy from last night because it's such a hassle to report someone.

Recall

Operations is not for me I think. Played it a couple of times, get dropped in the defender team and get steamrolled. It's basically a glorified Rush with story elements.

The latest patch has made defending very difficult due to the extra advantages given to attackers.

It is easily my favourite mode still though.

Klocker

Does anyone know of a good sale coming to the season pass?
The Xbox store is a measly $2 off I bought the base game on sale to make sure I liked it and now I need the season pass but the difference in price in buying the add-on from buying the Gold Edition is stupid

Agreed. Audio quality and sound design is nice if you wanna talk about authenticity and all, but in terms of gamey sound design Overwatch blows it out of the water.
Yeah the minute I played a match in Overwatch I knew it was way better than Battlefield in terms of abusing the sound to hear footsteps. Sometimes I hear footsteps but I can't pinpoint from which direction it's coming from

test_account

XP-39C²
Video footage is from July, presumably the alpha. I would guess DICE fixed that.
Yeah, i think its fixed. I've been stabbing people with the syringe and they dont die from it. I mean, it is possible to get kills with the syringe, but not a 1-stab insta kill like the video shows. I recently got killed by a syringe. I had very low health and a medic was just around the corner. Think he tried to revive someone and hit me instead.

Daigoro

The sound design is pretty terrible in this game though, too difficult to tell which direction the footsteps are coming from. Whether I play with headphones or with TV speakers, it just sounds the footsteps are coming from me. Too many times I've stopped and turned around paranoid that someone is there.

Or someone actually is there, but I looked the wrong direction.

yeah, this is a major complaint im surprised i dont see voiced more often. everything sounds nice, but positional sound in this game is totally fucked. i really hope it's addressed by DICE at some point sooner than later.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
Yeah, i think its fixed. I've been stabbing people with the syringe and they dont die from it. I mean, it is possible to get kills with the syringe, but not a 1-stab insta kill like the video shows. I recently got killed by a syringe. I had very low health and a medic was just around the corner. Think he tried to revive someone and hit me instead.

I think I read a loading screen tip that recommended "charging" the syringe for more damage, but I never bothered trying it out. Or maybe it was a dream.

Sigh, which is why I will never play shooters on PC anymore. There is the blatant obvious cheating and then there are the cheaters who are a bit more smart and discreet about it.

What? I have played something like 80 hours and this is the first.

80 hours of native 4k 60fps gaming and one cheater doesn't sound too bad.

Yeah, roughly 100 hours here according to Origin and I haven't encountered a single hacker (at least not a single blatant one).

I can't even recall the last PC FPS I played in which hacking was a serious issue. It's almost always blown way out of proportion.

Anyone else when exiting a game just close app instead due to it ALWAYS hanging on a load screen to back to the menu?

PS4 user here and everyone I play with close app as well as we've never had a successful "quit game to menu"

Yea I don't think that guy cared about his account I know ppl that sell aimbots to earn a extra buck. You shouldn't notice if the person doesn't want to be caught. I like mmos on PC not shooters though. There are really good PC players and there are others who use aimbots on the low some are caught and others aren't there definitely is a grey area.

I think I just got my first bomber kill, at lvl 52, it only took me like half the round of flying around being useless. I suck with planes.

Pandahammer

Neo Member
Any word on when the next patch is coming to fix the stutter and poor frame rates some pro users (including me) are having?

Dice did say they were aware of something being wrong post the latest patch but have yet to hear a thing addressing the issue.

Stop fiddling with the game dice it was perfect in the last patch lol.

Rizific

People act as if every game on pc is filled with hackers. I'm only 40hrs in, and I don't think I've come across one yet. At least not one blatantly hacking. The benefits far outweigh the slight inconvenience of maybe running into a hacker one day.

On sound design, I have never had trouble being able to hear or pinpoint a nearby enemy in this game. Though it's mostly the rustling of clothes that I can pick out instead of footsteps (unless they are inside a house/upstairs). In previous games I also used the enemy call outs or shouting in a foreign language to find people. I don't know if that's back in this game, I haven't noticed. Or maybe I missed an audio option.

Theorry

I love the Trench Hunter. Great against other planes, infantry and zeppelins.
Its like a big ass model 10 shotgun. :D

sMoS2Lg.gif

7OUQsyd.gif

People act as if every game on pc is filled with hackers. I'm only 40hrs in, and I don't think I've come across one yet. At least not one blatantly hacking. The benefits far outweigh the slight inconvenience of maybe running into a hacker one day.

On sound design, I have never had trouble being able to hear or pinpoint a nearby enemy in this game. Though it's mostly the rustling of clothes that I can pick out instead of footsteps (unless they are inside a house/upstairs). In previous games I also used the enemy call outs or shouting in a foreign language to find people. I don't know if that's back in this game, I haven't noticed. Or maybe I missed an audio option.
Not "every game" but I don't trust shooters but enjoy playing other genres on PC and that's fine. If your experience has been good that's all that matters. I even said why I don't like to play "Shooters" on PC. There is a grey area for aim bot cheats, its not suppose to be obvious and easily detected if the player doesn't want it to be.

The Dude

Its beast against the zeppelin also. Two of those packages and that thing is down fast. First shoot with you main gun then drop the bombs on top of it. Repeat. Profit.

Sweet I'll try it. All I know is seeing those kills rack up when you down that thing is glorious

Lender

Sigh, which is why I will never play shooters on PC anymore. There is the blatant obvious cheating and then there are the cheaters who are a bit more smart and discreet about it.

79h in, never had a hacker in any of my games.

Got my eleventh service star with that BAR telescopic!

Hey guys, quick question. I have a digital copy on the PS4 Pro. When I get in HMG, Field guns, AA guns, the MG on planes, etc, I do not get hit markers or see my crosshairs. I still get the points when I actually hit things. Any suggestions? Or am I missing something really simply.

Besides the guy from last night, I haven't seen a hacker and this is after 77 hours. PC games being infested with hackers has always been hyperbolic. Yeah, there are hackers but it really depends on the game.

Hey guys, quick question. I have a digital copy on the PS4 Pro. When I get in HMG, Field guns, AA guns, the MG on planes, etc, I do not get hit markers or see my crosshairs. I still get the points when I actually hit things. Any suggestions? Or am I missing something really simply.
I don't get hit markers with field machine guns either and I also play on a Pro. Everything else is fine though. Did you check your settings?

cooldawn

The sound design is pretty terrible in this game though, too difficult to tell which direction the footsteps are coming from. Whether I play with headphones or with TV speakers, it just sounds the footsteps are coming from me. Too many times I've stopped and turned around paranoid that someone is there.

Or someone actually is there, but I looked the wrong direction.
I agree. The sound stage doesn't clearly indicate bullet trajectory. Battlefield 4 made it absolutely clear where you are being shot from.

DarkestHour

Banned
Yeah, roughly 100 hours here according to Origin and I haven't encountered a single hacker (at least not a single blatant one).

I can't even recall the last PC FPS I played in which hacking was a serious issue. It's almost always blown way out of proportion.

Really? Played for about three hours total and have seen tens of hackers getting banned. It's really bad right now and I imagine it will get better as they figure out all the cheating apps.

Recall

Ending my night on a high note.

fs9DGi8.jpg

God damn Redders still topping me :L

Im normally someone who runs headfirst into every skirmish wanting all the points but I tried a slower approach just once and I ended up going 13-0 as cavalry with 58 supply drops, 2 silly deaths right at the end.

Calvary is fun.

Pandy

Hasn't Hardcore mode been out for days?
Well, heck! You're right!

If I hadn't looked for the Hardcore in the home menu, I'd never have seen it, as I see it's been hived off into the 'Custom Games' section rather than being found through the standard Quick Match or Server Browser sections. Goddamit New DICE, just one more thing you're incapable of getting right since Bad Company 2!

Thanks for letting me know. Had a lot of fun with it tonight. Gone from being a mid-tier player in 'Normal' Conquest, to my squad leading the team in every match (sometimes to victory, sometimes not) and me generally in the Top 3 players in 'Hardcore' Conquest.
It isn't perfect, but more than good enough to keep me from going back to 'Normal'.

Grassy

Really? Played for about three hours total and have seen tens of hackers getting banned. It's really bad right now and I imagine it will get better as they figure out all the cheating apps.

I've seen this too on PC, some rounds I've seen around 10+ people banned in the chatbox. Playing in Australia. There were way more bans happening around launch though I still see them every now and then.

So for you pilots, what are more ways to rack up some scores? I'm still learning, I'm able to kill decently....But need more ideas as sometimes when I'm just zooming back and forth lookin for ground units I feel I could be doing something more, or is that pretty much what most do? Or is maybe tank hunting a little more profitable for score and to help your team?

It really helps if your team spots for one thing. Can be hard to spot infantry and even tanks on certain maps.

Always keep an eye on flags and those being taken are good bomb spots, try and know where players likely to hide while capping or defending, inside building is always popular, bomb them! Helps to know where AA guns are too so can bomb them early so cannot be used vs you, because they quickly will be if you start killing people.

Little break down of the 3 planes.

Attack plane
- Use airship buster vs airship, it canes it, just keep distance, fire the missiles (whatever) a bit higher than where you wanna hit as the dip quick fast, then turn away and circle around while they reload, personally after killing the airship I tend to clear the skies of enemiy planes and bail, as it sucks vs ground.
- The bomb version is good vs infantry, but not tanks.
- Tank buster is obviously good vs tanks, but I rarely use this as not so great vs infantry and requires a pretty much body hit to kill them with main cannon.

Weakness is it just not the best for helping team.

Bomber
- Use barage bombs or torpedos. The firebomb isn't very good, doesn't destroy builds much or at all and enemies can usually run and survive it, torpedos can be used on land if you got a good aim and vs vehicles while barrage better for a short spread and infantry, I use torpedos. As you fly past, drop one set, hit triangle and drop the other straight away.

Weakness is will lose to attack planes 100% of time unless you got a gunner to help you defend yourself, plus hard to dodge AA with it.

Fighter
- Only pick this if you just wanna kill planes. It kinda sucks for anything else and the other two planes are better choices.

Weakness is the others are simply better choices.

It really helps if your team spots for one thing. Can be hard to spot infantry and even tanks on certain maps.

Always keep an eye on flags and those being taken are good bomb spots, try and know where players likely to hide while capping or defending, inside building is always popular, bomb them! Helps to know where AA guns are too so can bomb them early so cannot be used vs you, because they quickly will be if you start killing people.

Little break down of the 3 planes.

Attack plane
- Use airship buster vs airship, it canes it, just keep distance, fire the missiles (whatever) a bit higher than where you wanna hit as the dip quick fast, then turn away and circle around while they reload, personally after killing the airship I tend to clear the skies of enemiy planes and bail, as it sucks vs ground.
- The bomb version is good vs infantry, but not tanks.
- Tank buster is obviously good vs tanks, but I rarely use this as not so great vs infantry and requires a pretty much body hit to kill them with main cannon.

Weakness is it just not the best for helping team.

Bomber
- Use barage bombs or torpedos. The firebomb isn't very good, doesn't destroy builds much or at all and enemies can usually run and survive it, torpedos can be used on land if you got a good aim and vs vehicles while barrage better for a short spread and infantry, I use torpedos. As you fly past, drop one set, hit triangle and drop the other straight away.

Weakness is will lose to attack planes 100% of time unless you got a gunner to help you defend yourself, plus hard to dodge AA with it.

Fighter
- Only pick this if you just wanna kill planes. It kinda sucks for anything else and the other two planes are better choices.

Weakness is the others are simply better choices.

Solid review and tips there mate

Marc

Don't touch my door bro!

Was starting to get more consistent with the shotgun in team death match earlier, although I don't get how people are getting one shot ranged kills with it as yet. Keeping things close quarters, no idea how Disagree Guy is running out in the open with it so much.

Anyone else when exiting a game just close app instead due to it ALWAYS hanging on a load screen to back to the menu?

PS4 user here and everyone I play with close app as well as we've never had a successful "quit game to menu"

Same, its way quicker. Can't understand how that is such an issue to close down the loading process.

The top 11 on our team all gaffers.

Squad goals

There was some strong GAF'ing going on. GAF'd all over them. Drowning in GAF.

Top Bottom